• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Monstropolis World storyline from what we know so far...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Vanitas is all about what it means to feel empty but have emotions, so I am leaning towards all the various emotions children feel, especially since we have been told there's no power stronger than what comes from children of the worlds. I love Vanitas so I'm really looking forward to seeing what he'll do now, and around Sora.

Again I wish we could like posts lol. He probably wants to get Ventus out of Sora, that might be something that happens at Monstropolis. Like the door to the Camber of Waking could be hidden there amongst the countless doors they have.

SoraForeverKH

Again I wish we could like posts lol. He probably wants to get Ventus out of Sora, that might be something that happens at Monstropolis. Like the door to the Camber of Waking could be hidden there amongst the countless doors they have.

I wish we could so much too. This site has a lot of lag and mistakes, it would be nice if it typed better, and what you're trying to type. Mine has to be so manual, but then that barely works too... I would've liked to reply to everybody, but my thing won't even let me!
Anyway, yes, I am so anxious to see what will happen between Sora and Vanitas! So much suspense for so many years...

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I wish we could so much too. This site has a lot of lag and mistakes, it would be nice if it typed better, and what you're trying to type. Mine has to be so manual, but then that barely works too... I would've liked to reply to everybody, but my thing won't even let me!
Anyway, yes, I am so anxious to see what will happen between Sora and Vanitas! So much suspense for so many years...

Isn't that what the multi-quote button does? I'm new to the site still so I don't know lol but yes! All that build up and finally we get the Climax/Finale to the story! All of us laughing at the 1 and 2 "i don't play the side games" players weeping silently in the corner, frustrated that they don't know what's going on. :wink:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Also, from a storytelling perspective, that's just dumb.

It's really boring storytelling to have the same plot for every world and give all the Seekers the same power.

Y'all need to calm down.

If the whole purpose of constructing the true Organization is to replicate Xehanort thirteen times, I'm sure MX gives zero flying flips about individuality. He just needed cooperating vessels. Xehanort cast aside his body so that eventually all of his XIII Darknesses/selves could all time travel. So, they most certainly could replicate abilities (among other aspects) that affect the worlds each Darkness visits affecting the overall gameplay of this entry. We've had game mechanics akin to the "splitting" of worlds in previous titles, and nearly every entry in the series involves a revisiting or retreading of worlds for the sake of the plot. OP is not as farfetched as you'd make her seem.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Y'all need to calm down.

If the whole purpose of constructing the true Organization is to replicate Xehanort thirteen times, I'm sure MX gives zero flying flips about individuality. He just needed cooperating vessels. Xehanort cast aside his body so that eventually all of his XIII Darknesses/selves could all time travel. So, they most certainly could replicate abilities (among other aspects) that affect the worlds each Darkness visits affecting the overall gameplay of this entry. We've had game mechanics akin to the "splitting" of worlds in previous titles, and nearly every entry in the series involves a revisiting or retreading of worlds for the sake of the plot. OP is not as farfetched as you'd make her seem.

Lol you can't please some people. Each character will have their own individual skills and abilities so I don't know why he'd complain if their reason behind being at the world would be similar, although I'm sure they won't be. As I stated above now I think maybe they found out about the room full of doors and think that the door to the Chamber of Waking is there and that's why they sent Vanitas, to retrieve the empty body for a vessel.

SoraForeverKH

Aren't the clocks on and around the scare floor, even in the movie, set to different time zones around the world so they know when kids from certain doors are asleep?

I don't know for sure, but I did notice when the clock on the scare/laugh room is at 12:30 that's when we see Vanitas, and around that time earlier on it shows just before that event takes place. Like you can watch the clock progress in the story maybe. I think it's cool, since time hasn't really been something you got to keep an eye on in the games worlds itself, only the players game lay
time.

Its obvious the plot doesn't take place long after the movie, but it definitely takes place after but likely before the epilogue. The factory is clearly transitioning. That being said, if the second playable character will be playable in Disney worlds.._ I wouldn't be surprised if this world and others are split in two like Toy Box is, like you said. That way, they can have outlandish stories that contradict the source material a bit (Sulley and Mike getting Boo back, Buzz having real lasers) and still being able to claim 'canonity'. Alternate timelines aren't out of the realm of possibility.

I agree it looks that way so far.

That sounded funnier than it should have. It's gonna be interesting to see.

Haha! It did, didn't it? XD

What exactly is the point you're trying to make with the topic? from the title, it gives the impression that you have an idea as to what the plot of the world is about, yet when it comes to the post itself, you're confused with the narrative.

And I don't understand how you got the idea of Vanitas splitting the world just because Young Xehanort did it. Young Xehanort was experienced with splitting worlds because he was the antagonist for Dream Drop Distance, a game with parallel worlds. That's his forte. Vanitas has nothing to do with that sort of Kingdom Hearts shenanigans.

My guess, he's using the scream canisters as an alternate fuel to form the Unversed. Maybe his initial approach to creating Unversed was too strenuous for him as a Seeker of Darkness, so a more convenient workaround would be the scream technology implemented in Monstropolis.

Well, I wasn't implying it was Vanitas, or the world was split up, but we have seen alternate worlds in the series, so I just thought I'd bring up any if the possibilities, especially when it's so much fun to share crazy ideas! I do like your thoughts on Vanitas using the canisters to produce more universe, that's a good theory and where I was going towards.

There’s no way that this takes place after the film. Especially since Mike pointed out that Sora isn’t afraid of humans.

There’s also the helicopters from the CDA.

I’m almost positive the laughter floor gameplay in the trailer was most likely from after the world is finished.

It's hard to say for sure, since the truth behind humans and monsters was never revealed to all of Monstropolis after the dilemma wit Boo. The CDA are there to take care of anything suspicious or out of the ordinary to protect the city most likely. But I can't tell if we're looking towards the original plot or an additional one for Monsters Inc. I hope so though! KH additions are always so great! We know big hero 6 will be coming in as a sequel too.

Its obvious the plot doesn't take place long after the movie, but it definitely takes place after but likely before the epilogue. The factory is clearly transitioning. That being said, if the second playable character will be playable in Disney worlds.._ I wouldn't be surprised if this world and others are split in two like Toy Box is, like you said. That way, they can have outlandish stories that contradict the source material a bit (Sulley and Mike getting Boo back, Buzz having real lasers) and still being able to claim 'canonity'. Alternate timelines aren't out of the realm of possibility.[/QUOTE]

Another good point too. Love all these different theories!

Isn't that what the multi-quote button does? I'm new to the site still so I don't know lol but yes! All that build up and finally we get the Climax/Finale to the story! All of us laughing at the 1 and 2 "i don't play the side games" players weeping silently in the corner, frustrated that they don't know what's going on. :wink:

Thanks, you completely changed my world! ^o^'
I know right? The finale we've waited for for do long is finally just months away... I'm gonna scream!!! And E3 is in just 3 days, I just can't wait to see what they showoff for our dream game! What are you hoping to see the most? Me, if it shows English scenes, I'll be on he moon 'til July! (laughs)

Y'all need to calm down.

My new saying is when you're talking about Xehanort, don't limit him to anything! If it concerns the heart then be prepared, there doesn't seem to be anything he can't do... *cringes*

Lol you can't please some people. Each character will have their own individual skills and abilities so I don't know why he'd complain if their reason behind being at the world would be similar, although I'm sure they won't be. As I stated above now I think maybe they found out about the room full of doors and think that the door to the Chamber of Waking is there and that's why they sent Vanitas, to retrieve the empty body for a vessel.

It's not a bad theory, but I want them to have to get to Ven the hard way through C/O(Castle Oblivion) It's definitely obvious Hough that Vantitas is looking to awaken his other half and become whole with him, for himself, not MX. Watch out, Sora, aka "carrier of Ven's heart..."

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Y'all need to calm down.

That's not the point. The point is that having two copies of a Disney world for every Disney world visited is objectively bad storytelling because you're re-treading a pre-existing element. It worked for Dream Drop Distance because of the context of that game's narrative. It works for Toy Story because of the context of Young Xehanort's abilities and the Toy Story narrative, but re-treading it for every other world is really not necessary.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree with Alpha Baymax here. While they technically have the power to make a copy of Monstropolis like Toy Box, it just isn’t necessary or that creative. It seems the world splitting is going to be specific to Toy Box because of the world’s nature and its unique narrative. There really isn’t a reason to split Monstropolis as Vanitas’ goals there are likely different than Young Xehanort’s in Toy Box.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Y'all need to calm down.

I'm not talking about Xehanort or the in-universe reasoning. I'm saying that there's dozens of characters that are already established with unique powers/interests/etc. and plenty of material within the Disney movies themselves, that it's lazy to have every world use the same plot points. As you mentioned, Nomura's already done stuff like this before, so why keep doing it (many times in a 40+ hour game no less) if you're never going to add anything to it? If it's just about "affecting" the worlds, then he could come up with something unique to each world.

Even looking in-universe, it's not a good strategy to have 13 people and give them the same power, when those 13 people could have more of a variety of skills. Yeah, they could spread out some powers to more members so it's not just one person responsible for that, but you should also keep that in check in case someone goes rogue or abuses the power, too.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Vanitas is all about what it means to feel empty but have emotions, so I am leaning towards all the various emotions children feel, especially since we have been told there's no power stronger than what comes from children of the worlds. I love Vanitas so I'm really looking forward to seeing what he'll do now, and around Sora.

Making me really wish we were getting Vanitas in an Inside Head world. :/

SoraForeverKH

Making me really wish we were getting Vanitas in an Inside Head world. :/

Haha! Yeah? What kind of world have you got in mind? ^^??? Vanitas is a very interesting character. I am on the edge of my seat though when I think about what all he will do around Sora, especially after seeing him grab for Monster-Sora's chest/heart in the recent trailer!

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Haha! Yeah? What kind of world have you got in mind? ^^??? Vanitas is a very interesting character. I am on the edge of my seat though when I think about what all he will do around Sora, especially after seeing him grab for Monster-Sora's chest/heart in the recent trailer!

Sorry, I was in Japan when Inside Out came out. They call the movie Inside Head. If Vanitas is all about dark emotions, a world literally inhabited by personified emotions would have written itself.

1_Mendoza

The Monstropolis World storyline from what we know so far...

So, I've been watching and rewatching the few scenes from Monsters Inc World which was shown in the D23 2018 trailers, tryin piece together the evidence that could be found to figure out the plot ideas for that world. A few things I took notice of was the different times on the clocks scattered through the trailer of Monstropolis, the enemy types, MI original characters being displayed, locations, and where it gets really tricky...the odd balance between 'scare floor' & 'fun floor.'
I mean, at the start of the world as shown in the trailer Sora easily reads the large letters on the factory to make out "we scare because we care"... Yet, throughout the rest of the trailer's clips, you can see a large banner in the showroom that reads" Think fun!" While there's also a lot of balloons and confetti around where the doors sit, covering the floor. This takes careful observing to notice, but it's all there. Now, what I'm trying to figure out is where SE is taking the storyine for this world. It appears to hold a little bit from the original movie and some additional sequel events. Mike and Sulley are obviously with their little friend Boo again, but is she representing her role from the start of the film, or is she brought in to reprise her role in a short storyline of her return, specifically after the end of the film, where Mike is revealed to have repaired Boo's door after it had been through the door shredder?
All I am getting from the trailer is a big puzzle... How can this world be acting for two different storylines, where one is they first find Boo during their ol' scare days at the scare factory, and next thing we see is the 'scare' being replaced with 'fun and the 'scream' being replaced by 'laugh.'

What could this mean??? Looking for some other fan's and great observers ideas and opinions, if there is any after reading this.
My thoughts right is maybe this world will share a similar plot to Toy Box, where you'll discover the world has somehow been split or copied, or maybe even have some kind of past to future alternate timeline. Hey, wouldn't be too far-fetched from DDD, right? ^^'
One thing I can say for sure is the main topic will be 'emotions' which would explain Vanitas getting chosen for a part in that particular world, along with his minions the Unversed

idk if anyone else has mentioned this, but there will probably two storylines, one where we help Boo get back to her world on the first visit and a second story when we revisit the world probably having to do with Vanitas’ appearance, like in KH2. Kinda easy to plot out two stories when we remember there are multiple visits to all the worlds lol.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
idk if anyone else has mentioned this, but there will probably two storylines, one where we help Boo get back to her world on the first visit and a second story when we revisit the world probably having to do with Vanitas’ appearance, like in KH2. Kinda easy to plot out two stories when we remember there are multiple visits to all the worlds lol.

There's not going to be second visits to the worlds, probably with some exceptions to the original worlds such as Twilight Town.

Dengeki said:
–In KINGDOM HEARTS II, after visiting each world once, there was a scenario incentive to revisit them but what about KINGDOM HEARTS III?

Nomura: I personally liked having to revisit the worlds twice but KINGDOM HEARTS III has a different flow.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
There's not going to be second visits to the worlds, probably with some exceptions to the original worlds such as Twilight Town.

Haha, looks like someone isn't obsessively following every molecule of KH 3 info dropped! I'm honestly surprised that anyone here wouldn't have seen that tidbit of information, it was a pretty big one. I was sad at first when it was announced but later happy and relieved when they said how long worlds would be.

Last edited:

SoraForeverKH

Sorry, I was in Japan when Inside Out came out. They call the movie Inside Head. If Vanitas is all about dark emotions, a world literally inhabited by personified emotions would have written itself.

Oh, okay... I thought that was what you were talking, and I agree, it would have a good flow for the plot in KHIII.

Haha, looks like someone isn't obsessively following every molecule of KH 3 info dropped! I'm honestly surprised that anyone here wouldn't have seen that tidbit of information, it was a pretty big one. I was sad at first when it was announced but later happy and relieved when they said how long worlds would be.

Hahaha, you mean like a lot of us are? lol It is hard for us to miss things, especially to resist finding out every grain of info we can get at this point. ^^

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Hmk said Randall was in the trailer

Randall to Sora, Donald, and Goofy:

zVsj9Wj0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back