• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Let me help you in Japanese" thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMax

after school? you take japanese after school? if you are, you're one lucky son of a "female dog". Tell me at once, where do you study your japanese. i am demanding an answer right this instance. lmao

文偉立

newb programmer
I've taken the liberty to tell you all I took a test today and got 100. It's absolute genuine.

SuperMax said:
after school? you take japanese after school? if you are, you're one lucky son of a "female dog". Tell me at once, where do you study your japanese. i am demanding an answer right this instance. lmao

It's midtown and it's not afterschool. I go every Saturday after Piano class so I actually just came back. The classes aren't easy :p If you join my class, your biggest competition will be me and Melissa, the hot sexy but annoying korean bitch.

keeperoftwilight

i dont doubt you since your further in your japanese than me but i thought wa was the subject marker..thats what my teacher said....of course her english isnt 100% (whos is :p) so i spose it is possible for her not to see the difference in english but..wait what was the point of this agin..o ya..are you sure wa isnt the subject marker?

P

PIG.

I hope to move to Japan and become an english teacher. Better study.

Ka, Ki, Ku, Ke...

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
keeperoftwilight said:
i dont doubt you since your further in your japanese than me but i thought wa was the subject marker..thats what my teacher said....of course her english isnt 100% (whos is :p) so i spose it is possible for her not to see the difference in english but..wait what was the point of this agin..o ya..are you sure wa isnt the subject marker?
Wa is the topic marker. But I suppose subject and topic can be the same thing, really.

文偉立

newb programmer
LordMune said:
keeperoftwilight said:
Wa is the topic marker. But I suppose subject and topic can be the same thing, really.

The Mune is correct.

===

I apologize on behalf of my busy moment but I had to go and assist in painting for my sister and therefore was unavailable but hopefully, I will be more available now to help any with japanese, if needed.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
We have a new novice, and that would be myself. I've only shaven the tip of the ice on sentence structure and particles, but I hope to commit words to memory very soon. Though it disappoints me that the resource I purchased doesn't even at least introduce you to reading kana; it's all in romaji.

Hyperion

I'm lucky enough to have Japanese as a subject at school, and I've been learning it for about three years now. So far I've covered hiragana, katakana, basic sentence structure, a range of vocab, te form and now I'm starting on kanji and plain form.

I'm really glad that I'm finally getting the opportunity to learn kanji, but the problem is, I totally suck at remembering it. I'm sort of able to recognise the kanji, but I'm not able to read what it says half the time.

This year I really want to improve because I'll be taking a Japanese exam for the first time. I'm so worried about it.

Is anyone able to check to see if this sentence has been written correctly? I think the particles are wrong. I often tend to write that "I'm eating the chopsticks" rather than "eating with the chopsticks" because of using the wrong particle.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/adelaidean/Japanesesentence.jpg
I would have written it out here, but unfortunately I don't have the font on my computer. And I do apologise about my hand writing =)

Last edited:

文偉立

newb programmer
Hyperion said:
I'm really glad that I'm finally getting the opportunity to learn kanji, but the problem is, I totally suck at remembering it. I'm sort of able to recognise the kanji, but I'm not able to read what it says half the time.

Kanji = hard.

Simple as that. If you were born chinese or Korean, it's much simpler to comprehend.

This year I really want to improve because I'll be taking a Japanese exam for the first time. I'm so worried about it.

Just try. It's not difficult if you study on a basis.

Is anyone able to check to see if this sentence has been written correctly? I think the particles are wrong. I often tend to write that "I'm eating the chopsticks" rather than "eating with the chopsticks" because of using the wrong particle.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/adelaidean/Japanesesentence.jpg
I would have written it out here, but unfortunately I don't have the font on my computer. And I do apologise about my hand writing =)

私は私がレストランに行く前に筷子と食べることを試みる。

You do pretty well without any extreme study habits. I didn't exactly look too into it. As a matter of fact, I'm starting to slack on my studying. Mostly on part of my finals.

Master T said:
We have a new novice, and that would be myself. I've only shaven the tip of the ice on sentence structure and particles, but I hope to commit words to memory very soon. Though it disappoints me that the resource I purchased doesn't even at least introduce you to reading kana; it's all in romaji.

I wouldn't boast but the books I first recommended would help.

文偉立

newb programmer
LordMune said:
I've never come across... that particular phrasing before. :')

私がレストランに行く前に筷子と食べることを試みる。

Meh, my mistake and it's grand of you to spot it. Then again, I make jap mistakes occasionally on the net.

文偉立

newb programmer
smith5000 said:
it me smith 5000 if u can help me learn faster help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I knew a method of immediate results, I'd probably had marketed it for profit anyhow. There is no method other than study your arse off. I haven't studied for approximately two weeks now due to finals and projects (and some rather "uncontrollable" procrastination) and the result was horrifying. I was barely able to recognize some kana yet alone read some kanji. I was ashamed, rushing myself back to my studies. As of now, I'm back to procrastinating, not so much because I lost interest but because of my hectic schedule.

Hyperion

Thanks for your help, Akura.

My exam won't be until week 6 of Term 2, which is in early June. Thankfully, that means I have time to get a better grip on kanji.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
I have a question for you, Akura. Is your ??? username supposed to be "Akura" in English? I never did know what means.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I would believe so, flare. Lemme find a quote....

アクラ said:
My name's obviously アクラ and if you can't read that by now, it's Akura (no, my name is not random boxes).
Ah, there we are.

EDIT: Wow, アクラ in italics makes it look like I'm tripping off acid. D:

文偉立

newb programmer
It makes my heart skip a beat seeing your avatar change, MT. The series ended badly, btw. I'm sliding a tad off subject but I need to speak out on behalf of the many fans who burst boils.

MegaFl33r said:
I have a question for you, Akura. Is your ??? username supposed to be "Akura" in English? I never did know what means.

If you really don't have the text, my sig has the kana.

MT said:
Yeah, I did purchase one of them. It's actually is a helpful resource, though I've spent nearly two weeks on the same 5 pages. D:

Hmm, I don't remember my own experiences when reading the book. Which one, my friend?

Last edited:

文偉立

newb programmer
There's no actual meaning of "Akura". It's just a nick I found to be fitting and it sounded rather awesome, in a way. Either way, I had the idea of putting "Ra" (Egyptian god of the sun) and melding it with "Akuma" (which is Japanese for demon). It didn't quite sound too creative but that's the best explanation for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back