• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The First Day of Spring. RIP Winter Announcements?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick-flame

Website
fission-firaga.tumblr.com
Tomorrow is officially the end of winter. Many of us remember that at the end of the 2016 E3 2.8 trailer there was an end screen that promised more announcements on KH3 in the winter. Sadly, all we got was a screenshot of Sora in Thebes and a few interviews. I created this thread to discuss a few things:

A) Why did these announcements get delayed, or do you think these were the announcements originally planned?

B) If they got delayed, what do you expect they were, and when do you think we will next see them?

C) C is for crying because the lack of news.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Tomorrow is officially the end of winter. Many of us remember that at the end of the 2016 E3 2.8 trailer there was an end screen that promised more announcements on KH3 in the winter. Sadly, all we got was a screenshot of Sora in Thebes and a few interviews. I created this thread to discuss a few things:

A) Why did these announcements get delayed, or do you think these were the announcements originally planned?

I think they got delayed because 2.8 got delayed, I think they might have wanted to announce more before the announcement of the 2.8 delay came out.

B) If they got delayed, what do you expect they were, and when do you think we will next see them?

Probably a new trailer or something, and the earliest date we could expect anything would perhaps be on the official 15th anniversary date, the 28th of this month (I really hope this is what they decide to do).

C) C is for crying because the lack of news.

So real it hurts.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Fun fact! The winter season ends soon, yes, but the winter fiscal quarter ends on the 31st!

Am I actually expecting more news in the next twelve days? Not a chance!

Anyway, Grono's guess that 2.8's delay pushed back the news seems pretty solid to me.

Awards
Well the winter news most likely got delayed because 2.8 got delayed because FFXV got delayed.

And that's all I currently got.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
qYWnmXg.gif

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I laughed about this probably more than I should have, lolz.

Tbh, I kind of forgot about winter KH3 info.

You're certainly not the only one on that, as I too literally forgot, possibly because I do not really care for supposed fixed given points/events where KH III info should come out in the first place.

I'm personally not even bothered about it since the less they reveal the less they are in danger to spoil too much.

So far having close to no expectations and not actually partaking in the so-called "hype" has really helped with sparing my nerves any unneccessary anxiety or "disappointment".

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
square, simply put, does not love us or want to advertise their product, especially when kids are willing to pay money for virtual cards in their KH mobile game

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
it does kind o suck for winter news but i do think we might get on the anniversty date that is the 28 though

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
square, simply put, does not love us or want to advertise their product, especially when kids are willing to pay money for virtual cards in their KH mobile game

Might be a little difficult to "advertise" something that isn't yet in a shape to be truly advertised in the usual meaning of the term, lol.
I've somehow still the "was announced too early"-statement ringing in my ears.

So ignoring the screen shot, interview, the World Tour Character reads, and two new Drive Forms isn't news.

So if it's trailers or bust now, I thought trailers spoil too much ie 2.8.

These news are of course not enough cause they are a) not brought out with big fanfare and b) in terms of the Concert stuff more or less limited audience even if there are concerts across the whole world.
And interviews, lol, who except "hardcore" KH fans actually reads those?

Then there is of course also that pesky issue with anything not at least announcing a release window also not being enough.
And trailers do spoil too much, we've literally seen this yet again with 2.8 where almost all important scenes for both 0.2 and X Back Cover were at least partially revealed through trailers.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I completely forgot there was going to be news in the winter, but then again didn't we get a screenshot, interview, and a few other things in the winter?
I'm positive these things are not the news we were waiting for (the concert stuff definitely weren't) but it was still something at least.

This is the greatest gif in the world, expect "forward" being misspelled "foreward" is really bugging me. XD

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Newsflash. SE's KH3 announcements don't mean sh#t. Ever since E3 2015 everything KH3 related has been a major disappointment. 2015's D23 in Anaheim, the Japan hidden theatre showcase, nothing at E3 2016, no winter news.

Now I'm no whiner fan demanding KH3 everyday. Just pointing out that I think SE's treatment of the fans when it comes to KH3 has been largely botched.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm positive these things are not the news we were waiting for (the concert stuff definitely weren't) but it was still something at least.

Taking this one up though I would be genuinely interested in what actually are the news "everyone" is waiting for?
Like, actual reasonable things that are not already pinpointed release information down to at least the month or an 6 minute+ trailer that already contains more spoilers than the Demon Tower contains Shadow Heartless in its make up?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the new i am waiting is maybe a new world wold annoument but i really intreast in seeing kairi,riku, mickey and mayb lea new clothes

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
The only thing I really hope to hear about KH3 is the release year. Like can we expect it next year? I don't need world reveals or other spoilers, I just want to know how to plan my possible exchange studies. No way I'm somewhere with no PS4 when KH3 comes out.

Awards
I'll never understand why people always set their expectations high whenever something KH3-related is brought up. It's as if they want to be disappointed.The mere fact that the so-called "winter announcements" were first brought up back before 2.8 was even delayed did mean that they were gonna show stuff in winter, but then 2.8 got delayed[*cough*ffxv*cough*], so the winter announcements got axed. People should've realized that instead of yelling at Square and Nomura like they always do. -__- Sorry if this sounds to mean-spirited. I'm in a bit of a bad mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back