• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Final Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aria

braver by the minute
haha i loved it! lowl xD

and WHAT THE HECK!? write more! lol

Haha yeah I know it's very freaky.

WTF IS GOIN ON???????????

This is best reaction I've ever gotten. Ever. Lowl :D all we be explained...

Dang whats wrong with Xena and lol jailbreak.

You're going to like the chapter title lowl

Made a minor edit to the last line of the last chapter.

The song in this chapter is I Don't Need a Soul by Relient K (my fav song right now lol) and it can be listened to here: YouTube - Relient K - "I Don't Need A Soul"

Chapter 16: Jailbreak

Xigbar shoved Alixa into the room. “Now, Alixa,” He stared at her menacingly, “You can either tell me what you know about your world and your friend, or I can lock you in your room until you talk. With no food.”

Alixa didn’t even blink. “Meh, the food sucks anyway. Let me get the door for you.”

“Fine, I guess it’s your choice. You’ll talk soon enough though.”

She gave him a smug smile and said, “Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.”

_____________________________________​

"I listen to the sirens as they sing me back to sleep

I pray that no one’s seriously hurt

I feel like everything is dying at the pivot point of me

I listen to the sirens tell me things could still be worse"

Alixa was singing softly to herself, trying to pass the time somehow. She notched an arrow in her bow and watched it fly against the grey wall. The little yellow feather on the end of the arrow seemed to glow neon against the walls. She had been shooting arrows at the wall all day, until the arrow feathers finally spelled out ‘THIS SUCKS’. She took another arrow from her quiver. Might as well add an exclamation point…

"Cause if you close your eyes and listen close

You can hear the chapter close

And it’s all rebound and better clothes

And you like the way this story goes

Cause the sun still burns the shadows out

And there’s nothing to complain about now"

Whiz
, another arrow hit the wall. “Ugh,” Alixa groaned as she heard her stomach growl, “Don’t worry Alixa, the food tastes like crap anyways. Oh god now I’m freakin’ talking to myself…” Her stomach felt like it was eating itself. She groaned again and flopped onto the little grey bed in the corner of the room. She rolled over and stared at the ceiling, finding weird patterns in it. There was an apple, and over there a bowl of soup, and some crackers, and a tall glass of milk. Don’t think about it Alixa, you don’t need food, food is for wimps.

"Cause if this was our destiny I’d treasure the fact

And I’d give you what’s left of me if I’d held back"

The room was filled with the sound of her pretty voice.

"No I don’t need a soul-"

A girl stepped through one of the portals Alixa had seen earlier. In a flash, Alixa sat up, took an arrow out of the quiver, notched it, and aimed it at the girl’s little blonde head.

"No I don’t need a soul to hold"

The girl stared at Alixa, and Alixa looked her over. Wearing a little white dress, blue sandals, and for some reason a smile, she looked nothing like an Organization member. Alixa kept her bow up and asked the girl, “Who are you?”

The girl smiled again, “Hi Alixa. My name’s Namine.” She looked at the arrows sticking out on the wall, read it, and giggled.

“Soooo, do you have food or somethin’? ‘Cause if you don’t you should probably get out. Unless you want this arrow through your head. Then you’re welcome to stay.”

Namine’s face crinkled and she giggled again, “I can get you some food, if you come with me.”

Alixa gave her a funny look, eyebrows arched. “Yeah, I’ll just go with the random stranger who appeared in my room. No thanks.” Looking for some more food in the ceiling, she lay back on the bed.

“We have giant sticks of pepperoni.”

“Vegetarian.”

“Pizza? Fries?”

“Yeah, deep fried crap covered in grease is just what everyone wants,” Alixa said, sarcasm heavy in her voice. She rolled her eyes to get her point across.

“We have fruit smoothies. Pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, mango, any fruit combination you can imagine.”

Alixa’s stomach rumbled and felt like it had collapsed on itself. “Well I haven’t had a smoothie in a really long time…” Or anything, A little voice in her head reminded her. “Dammit fine I’ll go. But I better get a strawberry-banana smoothie.”

“Definitely,” Namine confirmed and she opened up a portal. She looked at Alixa, a puzzled expression on her face. “Aren’t you going to get up?” She asked.

“Yeah yeah whatever,” Alixa sighed and got up. She dragged her feet over to where Namine stood waiting with a portal. Namine grabbed her hand and pulled her through. Everything got cold and a whooshing sound roared in her ears, but within a second it was over.

They appeared in a room much like the ones in the castle, but with many more machines. Giant computers covered an entire wall.

Namine scanned the room with a worried expression. “Wonder where DiZ is,” She mumbled. “I’m going to go look for him, just stay here I’ll be right back.”

Alixa frowned, crossed her arms and sank down against the wall. “Knew I wasn’t going to get my smoothie…” She muttered.

Namine continued to walk down the long hallway. A feeling deep in her gut told her something wasn’t right. She hurried her steps into a fast walk, almost a jog. She reached the bright white room with the pods, only to see DiZ standing over a small machine placed in front of the pod. It was a small red screen placed on a podium type thing with wires running from it to the pod.

“DiZ, what are you doing?” She cried.

He turned around and looked at her with his one beady yellow eye. “This has been taking far too long, Namine. We need to act before the Organization can plan anything further.”

She ran over to the machine to check the progress. Memories contained, 6%, the machine read. It had been at 20% when Namine had left.

“DiZ! You need to stop it NOW!” She shouted. Her expression had gone from worry to horror as soon as she read the screen.

“The process was much too slow. I’ve just sped up what has been idling.”

Namine lunged for the machine and pressed the little red “off” button. She spun wildly to face DiZ, her hair flipping in her wild eyes.

“DiZ, you’ve done too much! If you release too many memories she might get overloaded. She could go into a coma and never wake up and none of this would matter! Don’t you see what you’ve done?”

Last edited:

Aria

braver by the minute
Lots of DiZ hate lowl. Good I hate DiZ XD Sorry it's taken me so long to post this, idk I haven't really been in the mood to write this if that makes sense lowl. Will get back to Xena's side of the story next chapter, promise :) Oh and this wins the "worlds worst chapter title ever" award lowl.

Chapter 17: Alixa's Story

So this is when everything starts to fall apart at the seams.
Namine felt her eyes start to burn, and she blinked back a tear. She was sitting against the wall of the pod room, hands wrapped around her knees. Tears started to rush down her cheeks uncontrollably. Poor Xena.

“Namine,” Riku said gently. She looked at him with wide eyes.

“Oh, Riku, everything’s gone wrong!” She put her face to her hands and began to sob.

Riku knelt down beside her, putting his arm around her shoulder. “Shhh, come on, we have a guest,” He reminded her.

She tried to blink the tears away again. “Oh, Alixa must be so mad at me right now.”

“Well she can’t be mad, but she seems… irritated.”

Namine laughed a little, “Then that means she’s perfectly normal.”

“Well I guess I can understand that. You should come talk to her, she has more information than we thought.” Riku reached down to take her hand. Cautiously, she took his hand, allowing him to guide her down the halls back to the room where Alixa stood impatiently.

Alixa crossed her arms and glared at Namine. “So does this mean I have to repeat all that to her too?”

“Well I’m not,” Riku responded.

“You might want to take a chair then Blondie, ‘cause it’s one hell of a story.”

Namine gave Riku a questioning look, but sat down in a chair anyway.

Alixa sat on a desk, swinging her feet. “So, Riku was asking me some stuff about Xena, and I figured it’s just easier to tell the entire story. So here it goes.

“It was always me, Tori, and Ilan, right from the beginning. Tori hated the name Nea so that’s why she made up that nickname. But anyway, it was just the three of us. So Tori was ‘special’ I guess. Her mom was the village’s Keeper, so Tori was always getting lessons from her mom about Keeper-ish stuff, ‘cause she was going to be the next one.”

“Wait,” Namine interrupted. “Keeper? What’s a Keeper?”

“The Keeper is the one in our world who knows the secrets about opening doors to other worlds, where the door to our world is, stuff like that. I don’t know why everyone can’t know, Xena could explain that to you I guess. So one night Ilan and Tori are hanging out like usual, and then I come along. I was kinda freaked out because it’s night and stuff, so we try to head back home. And then out of nowhere there’s this weird thing that jumps out at Tori. It was one of those heartless. We’d never seen one before, and I shot it with an arrow, but there were more of them. So we run back to the village and find out that one of them attacked Tori’s mom. Things were pretty Tori for her after that. Her mom was hurt really badly. She was in a coma. Last time I saw her she still was in one.

"Tori wouldn’t hang out a lot with me or even Ilan out after that. She would just sit by her mom’s bed and write notes and play songs on her harp. It went on like that for almost a year, and our heartless problem was getting a lot worse. You couldn’t go anywhere near the ground at night, way too dangerous. Then one night Tori just left. She didn’t tell me and Ilan why exactly, just that she needed to find someone. She broke my brother’s heart. He liked her, and I’m not sure if she did, but I guess it didn’t matter. Me and Ilan didn’t really know what to do after that. He sulked most of the time, and I just messed with arrows. I was trying to create an arrow that would kill the heartless. It didn’t work out for a while, until I made one that shot light. We got the heartless problem under control for a while after that. Then things started getting worse. The heartless were getting to hard to handle for us, and then one day Tori just shows up again.

"It had been about a year since she’d left. There was a boy with her too. I think his name was Sora or something like that. Ilan was just happy she was home, but I was still pissed at her for abandoning us. I got over it though, Tori was still by best friend. A week went by and things were almost like they used to be. Sora was a cool guy. We’d hang out together a lot, and Ilan and Tori were inseparable. After that things fell apart. Sora had this thing he called a ‘keyblade’, and he said that he and Tori needed to find a door. I didn’t get what was going on, but they went to the mountain because apparently that’s were some door was. Tori said they were going to get rid of the heartless, so I didn’t think too much about it. But then Tori came back and Sora wasn’t with her. She wouldn’t talk to me or Ilan, all she did was sit by her mom and play her harp like she used to. Her eyes turned yellow sometimes, and she’d get really angry at us if we’d try to talk to her. And then she left us again. Ilan was even worse off than the first time she had left. I was just so pissed at her for doing this to him again.”

“So that’s why you attacked her the other day?” Namine asked.

Alixa nodded. “Yeah, I wanted revenge for putting my brother through all of that. I’ve always been the one to look out for him since our mom died, so I guess I can be overprotective. But I’m not angry anymore. Actually I don’t really feel anything now. We’re Nobodies, so I guess that’s punishment enough.” All expression gone from her face now, she stared off at nothing.

“Aw, Alixa,” Namine said. She walked over to where she was sitting and gave her a hug.

Alixa was like a statue, completely unresponsive. Then she whispered, “I don’t have to go back to the Organization, do I?”

Namine shook her head. “No, you don’t have to go back there. Promise.”

Alixa nodded back. Her eyes slowly closed, wrapping her arms around Namine. Alixa sighed, repeating the song in her head. No I don’t need a soul to hold.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
i have an idea!!! RikuXNamine!!! it could so work lol

and yeah i feel bad now, i guess Alxia isnt that bad

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Great Chapter, it explained a lot but you kind of rushed it because you missed some words and spelled a word wrong. But it was small stuff so it didnt matter.

Aria

braver by the minute
This fanfic keeps getting better and better! Nice chapter Aria!
Nice job Aria keep up the good work.
Hehe, interesting. I really want to read more~

Thanks guys C:

aw! i kinda feel bad for her. but that could change quickly

i have an idea!!! RikuXNamine!!! it could so work lol

and yeah i feel bad now, i guess Alxia isnt that bad

Hehe see Alixa isn't that bad. kinda. And I was thinking of that too Krista haha

Great Chapter, it explained a lot but you kind of rushed it because you missed some words and spelled a word wrong. But it was small stuff so it didnt matter.

Yeah I know it was rushed, I didn't know how to write it non-rushed though lol.

New chappy but its short so sorry :D and sorry it's taking so long for me to write these, it's the end of the quarter so I have a ton of school crap to do.

Chapter 18: Awakening

Xena had headaches before. The first ‘attack’ as she called it happened five days after she joined the Organization. They always started out the same, blurred vision, pounding headache, ending with a flash of memories. But none of them had been as violent as the pain she was going through. The pain had just hit her suddenly like an oncoming train. More like a soundless train, no warnings given.

The onslaught of memories that followed was different from the other experiences before. They moved too fast across her mind’s eye, flying past to quickly to really take them in. There was a flower sprouting from the ground and blooming, she and Ilan running through the forest, her hugging a blue man, a boy with spiky brown hair. Faster and faster they went by with the increasing pain. Xena’s brain felt like it was getting crushed. When she tried to scream she found that she had no voice.

The memories continued.

They sped up again from a speed where it seemed it could go no faster. She couldn’t make anything out anymore, just blurs of colors. This can’t get any faster, oh dear god please don’t make them go faster. The pain reached its climax and the memories stopped. It’s sudden end felt like she was flying at an insane speed and then wrenched to a stop.

Then there was quiet.

There was nothing in her vision now, just an endless abyss of darkness. Xena had a hard time figuring out whether this was a dream or something completely different. Her feet were touching a solid surface, so it had to be real, right?

What? That’s it? Shouldn’t I wake up now?
Terror seized her and she felt her chest tighten. Her breathing became broken and rapid, the sound filling up the empty space. Xena felt something shift in the dream world, and the air started rushing past her. It felt like she was moving again the air was whirring so fast.

A white light started to approach with the wind, almost like the wind was carrying it, growing and growing until everything was bathed in the white glow. She felt herself slowly fading away… fading into something different. Fading into consciousness. Go see Namine. The voice felt like it floated over her with the light.

No, it was more of an echo, an echo of something from long, long ago. Namine? I know, I mean I knew a Namine. She felt herself slowly regaining her senses, and the pressure of the real world returned.

Her eyelids fluttered open to reveal a pair of hazel eyes, knowingly staring out at the world.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Interesting chapter, Aria. :]
I'm happy for Namine and Xena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back