• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
You don't want a high score. It's like golf.

Also, the Role-Model question is just another way of describing how "perfect" the character is (just on a moral or behavioral level). Remember, if you have some of the things on that list, that doesn't make a character a Mary Sue. The thing about Mary Sue characters is that they have too many of the things listed on the quiz.
I know that. XD

And for the character.. it was really confusing for my particualr character. A lot of people hate her, a lot like her, some are just annoyed. XD. So it was hard to say if she was hated or loved...

I don't think I had too many selected... just ones with high point worths.

Aria

braver by the minute
I got a 25 for the character that I tested. I already knew she was getting too sue-like, so I've been working to focus on other characters and bring out some flaws in her.

Also, I took the quiz for Bella in twilight just for fun. She got 84, and I couldn't even answer the ones that were from the author's perspective.

Aria

braver by the minute
Xion's score: 60

I think she would have scored even higher on a test that was aimed at games xD

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
So I have 2 questions for our lovely KHI fanfiction writers today:

First... what's the worst thing you've done to a character ever?

Second, what do you guys think of AU stories? LIke putting the organization in high school? Do you think those can be pulled off or are they just lame and shouldn't be attempted?

I personally, am okay with AU stories, as long as they somehow can be tied cannonically to the actual story. (A perfect example is me and umbra's Marushion RP (turn to page 4) not saying its' perfect, but it's a good idea of what I mean)

So basically, a story about Namine and Roxas in high school, and the summary saying
*found two interesting ones*...
Roxas is smart, good looking, sensible, not to meantion the captain of the football team. However, when it comes to romance he is an ametuer at best. Maybe Naminé can change this. I suck at summaries. Please R R
Roxas is a teacher at a school who is in love with a Busdriver, Namine. though its against the rules to date anyone from the school. what can he do? PLEASE READ & REVIEW. summary sucks i know. will rewrite the title later...
Seriously, i'm not dissing the writer here, but that is over the top AU. This is the type I find absolutely ridiculous, and unneeded. I know some of us love our pairings, but seriously, AU things like that, make me very unhappy. :(
*is not dissing the writer, so if the writer is here, I am not making fun of you in any way shape or form*

And I know the majority of KH fics (if you look on fanfiction.net) are something along the fine lines of a sort of AU, but it still doesn't make me happy.

So yea... Again, what do you guys think is too much for AU?

*scratches head* apparently this fic I was reading has been updated.. *goes off to read*

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Well, if we're only talking about fanfiction, then:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Idk which of the three you'd consider the worst, so I put them all down.

Second, what do you guys think of AU stories?

I have no problem with AU stories (I'd be a hypocrite if I did), so long as they:

1) Keep any and all canonical character personalities the same
2) If they change the aforementioned personalities, then clearly explain why they changed through the story itself or flashbacks

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let's see...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Second, what do you guys think of AU stories? LIke putting the organization in high school? Do you think those can be pulled off or are they just lame and shouldn't be attempted?

AU, in terms of taking an event or something and twisting it, very much appeals to me and I love making things happen in Kingdom Hearts/other fandoms that wouldn't normally happen. But, in that case... no. It's clique and dull. :\ I can't really see what's so interesting in mundane high school stories. High school isn't that exciting, from what I can tell at least. If, like Nevermore said, they can keep in character, then it might be a good story. But I'm more interested in content: if it's interesting and written well, then it's readable. (Bonus points if they're all in character as well! :D)

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Let's see...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

AU, in terms of taking an event or something and twisting it, very much appeals to me and I love making things happen in Kingdom Hearts/other fandoms that wouldn't normally happen. But, in that case... no. It's clique and dull. :\ I can't really see what's so interesting in mundane high school stories. High school isn't that exciting, from what I can tell at least. If, like Nevermore said, they can keep in character, then it might be a good story. But I'm more interested in content: if it's interesting and written well, then it's readable. (Bonus points if they're all in character as well! :D)

That's the type of Au I like, the twisting kind. You took the words right out of my mouth. And btw... I feel like the devil now, reading all of the stuff you guys have had happen... XD.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
That's the type of Au I like, the twisting kind. You took the words right out of my mouth. And btw... I feel like the devil now, reading all of the stuff you guys have had happen... XD.

lol, don't worry about it. I've got events in some of my OF's that make what happened in my FF's seem mild at worst.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
lol, don't worry about it. I've got events in some of my OF's that make what happened in my FF's seem mild at worst.

Mind telling me about some of them? I don't quite know what could be worse than what I've done to namine and my dear abbers (consider her OF, for the sake of explanation) :p I'm rather curious.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yay, and it's the best kind of AU too! :D And I think and hope that I haven't written stuff nearly as bad as others, but... my story's horror, so *shrug* xD; Still, POOR ROXAS ;___; I'm sorriiiiies! *huggles*

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Yay, and it's the best kind of AU too! :D And I think and hope that I haven't written stuff nearly as bad as others, but... my story's horror, so *shrug* xD; Still, POOR ROXAS ;___; I'm sorriiiiies! *huggles*

I'll agree with you there! AU where it doesn't have any cannonity to it, is rather pointless, imho. Ahh, don't worry. You haven't. That part about Roxas's heart getting ripped out- well if what I did to namine and abbers, happened to Roxas, he'd be so better off just not feeling anything. :| Yes, I'm that terrible. *huggles roxas with you*

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'll agree with you there! AU where it doesn't have any cannonity to it, is rather pointless, imho. Ahh, don't worry. You haven't. That part about Roxas's heart getting ripped out- well if what I did to namine and abbers, happened to Roxas, he'd be so better off just not feeling anything. :| Yes, I'm that terrible. *huggles roxas with you*
True that. It's more fun to play with the plot with "What ifs?" and such than to throw everyone in a school environment and repeat the same boring day-to-day stuff. And, ooo... what did you do to Naminé and Abbers? D: That sounds quite interesting! Even if it's terrible. Really terrible. Blarghness. .-. But yay for Roxas hugs :'D

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
True that. It's more fun to play with the plot with "What ifs?" and such than to throw everyone in a school environment and repeat the same boring day-to-day stuff. And, ooo... what did you do to Naminé and Abbers? D: That sounds quite interesting! Even if it's terrible. Really terrible. Blarghness. .-. But yay for Roxas hugs :'D

Oh geez, have i really been calling her Abbers all this time? s1ruckysta how embarrassing. Her actual name is Abbi, short for Abbagail. (Oh hell, i hate the normal spelling of that name >.<)

Anyways, do you really really really want to know? :O s1eyeballs I'm seriously, it's like bad. Terribly bad.

Yes, yay for Roxas hugs. :D

Well yea, the majority of the time. Though I have to admit there was one, it wasn't good at all, but it was hilarious how crappy the writting was. And then there was like 3 yaoi pairings in there, and marly was murdering everybody who was hurting Zexy. it was extremely crappily written and i only read it for laughs.

(I think it was suppose dot be serious, but it turned out very funny)

The only postive part was that Vexen was the science teacher. :|

In fact, question for you all, I have a bad habit of when I write stories of not killing organization members off, so in one of them, i really think I won't have vexy die or anything, would it be lame or odd if he did become a science teacher? After everything cannocially happened of course. :| (I'll probably pretend he was out when the whole castle being destroyed thing happened or something. XD) If I did, I'd probably include it in just being said or stated. i wouldn't go into complete detail about it.

I know, odd. And lame. But does that even make sense or am I just being.. well lame? :O

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
To be honest, I rather like a certain level of non-canonicity to fanfiction. Granted, that's mainly because of how I approach fanfiction in general. I'm not so much interested in the "what ifs" of the normal storyline. I'm more interested in "how would I take the concepts and characters and implement them into a story of my own design".

Mind telling me about some of them?

Well, I can't guarantee how bad it will sound, since a lot of it has to do with how it's actually written. I also tend to explore more mental issues than physical ones (I find them to be far more powerful than mere physical injuries, if done right). Still, some of the things that happens to characters in my stories are:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

These are all that I can think of off the top of my head. As I said, these would probably have more of an impact if they were written out.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
To be honest, I rather like a certain level of non-canonicity to fanfiction. Granted, that's mainly because of how I approach fanfiction in general. I'm not so much interested in the "what ifs" of the normal storyline. I'm more interested in "how would I take the concepts and characters and implement them into a story of my own design".

Well, I can't guarantee how bad it will sound, since a lot of it has to do with how it's actually written. I also tend to explore more mental issues than physical ones (I find them to be far more powerful than mere physical injuries, if done right). Still, some of the things that happens to characters in my stories are:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

These are all that I can think of off the top of my head. As I said, these would probably have more of an impact if they were written out.

Wow, that's... hard stuff. :| Really hard stuff. *doesn't exactly like blood and core... perfers other ways of making characters hurting so much* But I still will say i've done the non-bloody equilivant to this one.
- I've had another girl driven to attempt suicide by the abandonment from her parents.
I've done some almost exact to this, except it was only her father who she felt abandoned her, not her mother. :| *tries to put next thought in her head* ugg... too many scenarios to that one, to give you a clear definition of what I mean. :| And mental hurt is much more powerful than physical. Always. Physically, you can recover from. (People live without fingers but don't think about it that much. XD) But mental pain is much more effective. It invades the mind. You can go absolutely mad from it, and will never be the same.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Actually, with regards to one to the "limb" example, here's a scene from something I posted here a while ago (which will be rewritten when I decide to seriously tackle this story this summer). Again, this is a bit old, so don't blame me for the quality of the writing :(

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Wow.. that's really really nice writing. :D I love your style. *needs to start practicing her writing more* Anyways, yea that's... bloody. Very bloody indeed. So when you get done, will you be posting that story then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back