• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
1) Quaxa is an anagram of Aqua, created when all we knew was that Xion was a girl, not even what she looked like or her name. She also has 2 chapters or so left.

2) How did she arrive?

3) I'm not sure what to change... give me a bit and I'll think over it. But there is something there...

Allister Rose

French Lover
1) Quaxa is an anagram of Aqua, created when all we knew was that Xion was a girl, not even what she looked like or her name. She also has 2 chapters or so left.

2) How did she arrive?

3) I'm not sure what to change... give me a bit and I'll think over it. But there is something there...

1.ok

2. her world was taken in by darkness, though she still has no memory of the incident though the story hints that she witnessed the destruction.

3.well ok, you tell me when you find anything

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Okay... what do all of you think of the idea of a fic about what mystery goo is..? Lame? Been done before? Totally random? xDDDD.
___

And disc jockey... I wrote my first fanfic when i was like.. um.. 9 or 8?!! (I had a LOTR obsessed phase) so it just happened.. i didn't know it was fanfiction at the time. :/

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
So I played Days a few months back, right? Almost made me want to write a fanfiction. What's worse, a KH fanfiction. The only semi-passable idea I could get is essentially swapping out Xion for Namine and having her become an actual Org. member. She could either go into people's memories (akin to psychonauts) or weild a keyblade, being a part of Kairi, and if Roxas can, she should be able to, too, as shown by Kairi weilding one in KH2. Not sure about what else, though. Thoughts?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to say, the only real fun part of fanfiction is not only do I get to be vague about their character description, but I don't have to think of names.
I haaaate thinking of names. It's like thinking of one for my unborn child. Gaaaah.

Dcasd1

i have lots of ideas and lots of characters just can't think of a good story.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I've got a question: If you were doing flash fiction of a father and son in which the son didn't like the father, which perspective would you use? From the son or the father?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I've got a question: If you were doing flash fiction of a father and son in which the son didn't like the father, which perspective would you use? From the son or the father?
I would use the son. For me at least, writing hatred is much easier than writing ... depression? I'd assume that the father is sad that the son doesn't like him.

But that's just me. I guess it sort of depends on who is the more dynamic character. Does the son learn to love his father, or does the father learn to treat his son better? I would suggest using whichever one has the bigger change in attitude.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I would suggest the father's perspective, simply because that had not occured to me before you proposed it. It would be difficult I imagine, but I would be very interested in reading that perspective.

Last edited:

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Random Question: Does it usually bug people when Chapters are "too long"?

I've seen many cases of chapters being too short, which bugs me more. Depending on the quality, short ones tend to show that the author didn't work to their best effort. Personally, I make long chapters, 10-13 on Word. Someitmes its' difficult, but I find longer chapters can be good to get things across, depending on what you're writing.

rhyth

I've seen many cases of chapters being too short, which bugs me more. Depending on the quality, short ones tend to show that the author didn't work to their best effort. Personally, I make long chapters, 10-13 on Word. Someitmes its' difficult, but I find longer chapters can be good to get things across, depending on what you're writing.

Yes, thats exactly what I do. Whenever I write, I write long descriptive paragraphs. One liners really bug the heck out of me. I'm new to this forum and I've seen chapters that seem about as long as one or two of my paragraphs. And I've seen people complain about chapters being too long (even though I thought the chapter was relatively short). I really want to post a story or two in here, but I wouldn't want people getting turned off by my long chapters x]

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I like long chapters. I used to have short-chapter syndrome (not quite as severe a case as some people on this site, but still pretty bad),so lately I've forced myself to write more in every chapter. Now, I refuse to post a chapter until it is at least 3,500 words long. I usually get a bit over 4,000 per chapter.

But I think that my long chapters are part of the reason why hardly anyone has read my fanfic, Kingdom Hearts D.

Now I have a question, though. What do you consider a good-sized chapter? I just kinda made the 3,500 word minimum up by myself, so I was wondering what other people think is a good chapter.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
It bugs me... i don't have a long attention span, so reading a long chapter doesn't go well for me.

I could make all my chapters of my ff into a few huge chapters... but i put them in small bits.

@Ragnell 37 I consider anywhere between 1k and 3k words to be a good sized chapter... not too long.. not too short. :)

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Hope this is oke to post but, how long does it take usually for a thread to be noticed?
It took 3 days for someone to post in my first fanfiction.

If no one notices at first, just keep posting new parts. People will notice it eventually. If you're known to be a good author, more people will read your stuff much more quickly.

Oh, and posting here will also help your thread to get noticed. In fact, I'll go take a look at it now.:lol:

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I like long chapters. I used to have short-chapter syndrome (not quite as severe a case as some people on this site, but still pretty bad),so lately I've forced myself to write more in every chapter. Now, I refuse to post a chapter until it is at least 3,500 words long. I usually get a bit over 4,000 per chapter.

But I think that my long chapters are part of the reason why hardly anyone has read my fanfic, Kingdom Hearts D.

Now I have a question, though. What do you consider a good-sized chapter? I just kinda made the 3,500 word minimum up by myself, so I was wondering what other people think is a good chapter.

I have a strict limit of at least 7000-8000 words. It's just that streak I'm on now, buti t works. Sometimes I sitll worry they're too short when I look at them posted, but I deal. I fit all the feeling and description I could into it, so I try to assure myself it's just all right.

Aria

braver by the minute

I like long chapters, it's just reading those really long page scrolling chapters on my computer screen kill my eyes >.< and then they start wandering and i lose my place and I give up :/

I try to shoot for at least 5 pages with my stories, not too long but not really short either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back