• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I know that. What I'm trying to figure out is how to illustrate it in fanfiction text.
Without a second thought, the Keyblade Wielder slipped his trembling fingers into his pocket, fumbling around for that last resort. Soon it appeared, gleaming gold and orange in the moon's dim glow.
The enemy neared. Claws outstretched. Teeth bared. Eyes glistened with a desire to kill. If Terra didn't hurry, all of this struggling...this fighting...well, the end wouldn't be pretty.
And so he drew it close to his muscular, pounding chest. The wayfinder gleamed. His heart began to fill with power. Soon he felt a rush of energy and thought of his best friend, Ventus.
Terra grinned, knowing that the battle would soon flip in his favor. The smile made the cuts on his face start to ooze, but he didn't care.
Amidst the moonlight, blood, Unversed, and the shadows, a figure rose. Keyblade high above and teeth underneath an upturned mouth, the warrior suddenly knew what to do. Speed became his forte. Wind rushed about him. He could've sworn he heard Ventus' confident words above the screeching of the monster:
"My friends are my power, and I'm theirs!"
Soon there were no Unversed left. Terra glanced about, proud of his work. Slinging the Ends of the Earth Keyblade over his broad shoulder, he smirked and abandoned the clearing, still clutching tightly to the one thing that had saved his life that night.
"When I really need you Ven, I know you'll be there."
How's that? I didn't add how their heart glows whenever they use a D-Link, or how they're surrounded by those swirly light thingies, but I think it described it good enough.

Awards
Too late, I ended up making one.

Mickey was having certain thoughts in his mind. He can't fall here. Not here. Not now. Just then, he felt a memory enter his mind. It was him writing a letter to Donald before leaving to seek out the Kingdom Key D.

Donald,
Sorry to rush off without sayin' goodbye, but there's big trouble brewin'.
Not sure why, but the stars have been blinkin' out, one by one. And that means disaster can't be far behind. I hate to leave you all but I've gotta go check into it.
There's someone with a "Key"—the Key to our survival. So I need you and Goofy to find him, and stick with him. Got it?
We need that key or we're doomed! So go to Traverse Town and find Leon. He'll point you in the right direction.
P.S. Would ya apologize to Minnie for me? Thanks, pal.
Signed - Mickey

Suddenly, something in Mickey's pocket glowed, repelling his attackers. He reached into it and took it out, seeing that it was his Star Seeker keychain. He felt power course through his body, his strength coming back to him, as well as more memories of his time with Donald before they became what they are now.

"Oh, right.", he thought. "I discovered a spell that grants the power of Dimension Links. Let's see what it can do."

Raising his Keyblade, Mickey cast a spell. A big fireball came out of his Keyblade and hit the first enemy. Upon impact, the fireball exploded and caused three smaller orbs of flame to wheel around the spot where the first enemy was incinerated, hitting more. The monarch was surprised, never having been able to cast Fission Firaga before. In fact, he never learned any elemental spells Donald uses.

With a grin, he cast another spell. It was a Thundaga, which eliminated more of the enemy, and relieved his allies from them. Mickey finished off the remainder with another spell (if it could be even called that). All of a sudden, fireworks appeared all around the monarch and were launched at the fiends and Heartless destroying them.

Last edited:

D.D.D

Too late, I ended up making one.

Mickey was having certain thoughts in his mind. He can't fall here. Not here. Not now. Just then, he felt a memory enter his mind. It was him writing a letter to Donald before leaving to seek out the Kingdom Key D.

Donald,
Sorry to rush off without sayin' goodbye, but there's big trouble brewin'.
Not sure why, but the stars have been blinkin' out, one by one. And that means disaster can't be far behind. I hate to leave you all but I've gotta go check into it.
There's someone with a "Key"—the Key to our survival. So I need you and Goofy to find him, and stick with him. Got it?
We need that key or we're doomed! So go to Traverse Town and find Leon. He'll point you in the right direction.
P.S. Would ya apologize to Minnie for me? Thanks, pal.
Signed - Mickey

Suddenly, something in Mickey's pocket glowed, repelling his attackers. He reached into it and took it out, seeing that it was his Star Seeker keychain. He felt power course through his body, his strength coming back to him, as well as more memories of his time with Donald before they became what they are now.

"Oh, right.", he thought. "I discovered a spell that grants the power of Dimension Links. Let's see what it can do."

Raising his Keyblade, Mickey cast a spell. A big fireball came out of his Keyblade and hit the first enemy. Upon impact, the fireball exploded and caused three smaller orbs of flame to wheel around the spot where the first enemy was incinerated, hitting more. The monarch was surprised, never having been able to cast Fission Firaga before. In fact, he never learned any elemental spells Donald uses.

With a grin, he cast another spell. It was a Thundaga, which eliminated more of the enemy, and relieved his allies from them. Mickey finished off the remainder with another spell (if it could be even called that). All of a sudden, fireworks appeared all around the monarch and were launched at the fiends and Heartless destroying them.
Ooohh, you're a good writer!(/jealous). So, was this scene you wrote part of a KH novel, or was it just a small clippet you had in your mind and just needed to get out on paper? I have a lot of those. In fact, I was thinking about writing a short story that reflected Sora's view of the final battle against Xehanort, from getting his little butt kicked to finally vanquishing the evil old coot.
But anyways, I like it! Did you post this on FF.net?

Awards
Fine. I guess I'll end up triple posting here. I need some help on a character I'm making. I'm trying to create a teacher character who will be teaching a number of students self-defense. Can any of you give me the lowdown on how s/he is supposed to be written? What characteristics? A link to a site. anything.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
if you have to find a guide to tell you how to specially write a character, then you aren't writing your character. you're the one making up who they are and what they're like.

now unless you mean how to just plain write because that's just experience and knowing how to convey thoughts and intentions via dialogue and narration.

D.D.D

Fine. I guess I'll end up triple posting here. I need some help on a character I'm making. I'm trying to create a teacher character who will be teaching a number of students self-defense. Can any of you give me the lowdown on how s/he is supposed to be written? What characteristics? A link to a site. anything.
Well, Keyblade Seeker, I happen to be in a Taekwondo class that also teaches self-defense and a little bit of boxing. So you're in luck.
Now, my Master is a male, so IDK if this could apply to a female teacher you might be writing. He is very confident and seems to be unflinching to anything. He cracks jokes often, but stays serious enough to discipline or yell whenever needed. And he rarely yells.
When teaching us, he often practices moves on more advanced students. He only holds back enough to not hurt them, no matter their gender. Sometimes he'll even let lower belt students try out a move on them and laugh when they make obvious mistakes(he's done this to me often, lol). Then he'll easily fix them and tell us what we did wrong. After he'll let us try it out again, and laugh when we make another mistake.
He's lighthearted but serious at the same time; I can't really explain it. One moment he'll say something funny, and the next he's telling us that this self-defense move could easily break someone's wrist and we have to be careful. He's never mean. But he never gives anyone special treatment.
Gah, he's an amazing teacher. I wish my schoolteachers knew how to treat kids like he does.
As for his facial expression, he always has this blank stare that you can tell is just picking apart your every move to see any weak points. He'll stop at a certain student, watch them with hands behind his back, and then corrects us afterwards or he'll say, "Watch this 'yadda yadda whatever you're making a mistake on' the next time you try it.". Sometimes he'll have this slight, knowing smile and a raised eyebrow when no one can answer a certain question. His eyes will flit around the room, he'll be quiet...and then BAM! He'll ask the most random question to the student who looks the most confused and smile as they stutter.
So, yeah... That's what he's like.

Awards
if you have to find a guide to tell you how to specially write a character, then you aren't writing your character. you're the one making up who they are and what they're like.

now unless you mean how to just plain write because that's just experience and knowing how to convey thoughts and intentions via dialogue and narration.

Excuse me if I don't know how to devise a teacher character. The only ones I've made were fighters, loners, and such.

Well, Keyblade Seeker, I happen to be in a Taekwondo class that also teaches self-defense and a little bit of boxing. So you're in luck.
Now, my Master is a male, so IDK if this could apply to a female teacher you might be writing. He is very confident and seems to be unflinching to anything. He cracks jokes often, but stays serious enough to discipline or yell whenever needed. And he rarely yells.
When teaching us, he often practices moves on more advanced students. He only holds back enough to not hurt them, no matter their gender. Sometimes he'll even let lower belt students try out a move on them and laugh when they make obvious mistakes(he's done this to me often, lol). Then he'll easily fix them and tell us what we did wrong. After he'll let us try it out again, and laugh when we make another mistake.
He's lighthearted but serious at the same time; I can't really explain it. One moment he'll say something funny, and the next he's telling us that this self-defense move could easily break someone's wrist and we have to be careful. He's never mean. But he never gives anyone special treatment.
Gah, he's an amazing teacher. I wish my schoolteachers knew how to treat kids like he does.
As for his facial expression, he always has this blank stare that you can tell is just picking apart your every move to see any weak points. He'll stop at a certain student, watch them with hands behind his back, and then corrects us afterwards or he'll say, "Watch this 'yadda yadda whatever you're making a mistake on' the next time you try it.". Sometimes he'll have this slight, knowing smile and a raised eyebrow when no one can answer a certain question. His eyes will flit around the room, he'll be quiet...and then BAM! He'll ask the most random question to the student who looks the most confused and smile as they stutter.
So, yeah... That's what he's like.

Wow. You again, Triple D. I think that will do nicely. Well, to all the others out there, don't let this stop you from spouting more ideas.

I guess I wanna clarify a few more things. Or at least make them more exact. The character I have in mind is a...unicorn pony who is teaching other unicorns self-defense spells. Namely, the barrier spell (dome or panel) and the magic shot spell (something that would most likely show up in MLP:FiM's Season 2 finale). I got the basic lowdown on the students, and I'm left with just what possible dialogs could I think of. After all, martial arts and 'wizardry' aren't the same.

Awards
Since MaPS asked a question here, I'll ask mine, to. It's for a fanfiction.

In Radiant Garden, before the darkness and heartless and all that, who all lived there? (Of the characters we know)
I think it was:
Cloud, Squall, Yuffie, Kairi, her grandma, Ienzo, Lea, Isa, Dilan, Even, Ansem the Wise, Briag, Aeleus, The Gullwings, Cid, Aerith, Merlin, and Scrooge McDuck.
Did I miss anybody? Is there someone on the list that wasn't there?

And I have no idea about Tifa.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Excuse me if I don't know how to devise a teacher character. The only ones I've made were fighters, loners, and such.
There's your problem. There is no 'right way' to make a teacher character. That's the point. If all teachers in literature were the same, what would be the point of reading? Obviously there are archetypes that show up frequently, and you can often get inspiration from real people, but ultimately you have to make the character. Asking someone to make a teacher character for you is akin to asking them to write a scene in the middle of the story for you. It's not your work, and it doesn't fit because everything else is made by you.

D.D.D

I got the basic lowdown on the students, and I'm left with just what possible dialogs could I think of. After all, martial arts and 'wizardry' aren't the same.
Well, my Master usually leads by example. He'll always speak calmly and confidently. Like, if he's trying out a self-defense move that could possibly break bones, he'll try it out on the higher belt students and just smile big when they start to hurt. Not in a mean way, of course! And then he'll let them go and pat them on the back, thanking them for helping with the example.
For wizardry, I guess it would be the same except for what they refer to. Instead of saying, "Do ten sets of side kicks on both sides.", it would be, "Try to defend this. *and then the teacher would attack suddenly and catch them off guard, afterwards pointing out that in a real situation they'd always have to be prepared for a sudden assault*". Or, "Attack your partner and let them use a defense spell against it. Point out their mistakes and help each other.".
I probably have some old KH BBS fanfiction that has Eraqus teaching TAV. But I can't find it at this moment. I'll try to get at it and post here to give you an idea.

Awards
okay. Now I got a new problem. How do I start a plot like this one?

Someone's having trouble starting up a dojo. Someone else comes over to help. (How do things work in-between?) Eventually, thanks to the two working together, the dojo becomes ready for 'business' and students start applying. Then there's the orientation, where the start can be a bit shaky. (And so on.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back