• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 10 Year Wait for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
....We went from a Kingdom Hearts conversation to Wumbo HOW?

Now that you mention it...
Days was released like...seven years ago. That's weird D:
Wow, it doesn't feel like that much time has passed. Time flies

Muke

whatever
Awards
what if nomura announces they wont release 3 on ps4 and xbone but on the new3ds, nds and gba????

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
what if nomura announces they wont release 3 on ps4 and xbone but on the new3ds, nds and gba????

Get riuuul, it's so gonna be a smartphone game.
2025 be like: Is this game out in Europe yet?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
lmaoooo

"why is it already out in na?! and why did they nerf(e?) all the keyblades?!"

It's "nerf".
Japan release: Oh my god give us the game already where is it over here -.-
NA release: Finally it releas- wait. Why aren't there as many events screw yourself SE. -.-
NA catches up with Japan: Oh my gosh rly? We had to wait like AGES and we don't even get MORE from the game than the japanese? Ridiculous! -.-

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
We will have an 87 year old Jesse Mccartney voicing 15 year old Roxas in KH3 at this rate.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Jesse McCartney will still have a beautiful voice.

Chuuya

Awards
I will always love Jesse McCartney's voice.

Chuuya

Awards
^ THAT IS THE MOST ACCURATE THING ANYONE HAS EVER SAID ABOUT ME. xDDDDD

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I understand the frustration but what are we to expect when Square announced 3 different titles for 3 different platforms back in 2007?

They sent the series from "fairly popular with great potential" to "niche series that only hardcore fans will follow and we'll grab what we can from each platform".

I have no idea which idiot thought that was in any way a good way to propel the franchise forward.

veep3.gif

So people (die-hards as well - including myself) got disappointed and since the games didn't seem to be as important* as KH3 in both story and scale, they got ignored.

* I know the importance of all 3 titles. Aside from BBS - which is mighty important, re:coded is filler whose purposeful story can be summed up in 3-4 scenes (you are lying if you say otherwise) and 358/2 Days, while having a great story that fleshes out Roxas and Co exists simply because they "needed another handheld title", so they retconned another character in just to create a game.

I've said it before.. the KH brand has taken the most damage because of Square's mismanagement in the last decade and beyond. And KH3 might just be the game that takes the fall

Honestly could have ended the thread right then. Non-hardcore fans aren't buying the spinoffs plus the systems. Come on GBA, PSP, DS, and 3DS.

There is an argument that could be made that waiting 10 years is actually valid in some cases. I also agree KH brand has taken a very large hit just looking at this site alone. You can see I was a member over a decade ago, and that was during the heyday. The average number of visitors use to be a very high number for a fan site, and since then no idea what it is now. All that has to do with what Kingdom Hearts/Square has done to the franchise, and possible how people on this site behave.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think people really just want an accessible title with a lot of content and charm like the first two games. Sure, KH2 has plenty of transgressions, but from a broad standpoint, the game fits the 'Kingdom Hearts' bill much better than it's portable successors. Players want to go on a BIG adventure.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think people really just want an accessible title with a lot of content and charm like the first two games. Sure, KH2 has plenty of transgressions, but from a broad standpoint, the game fits the 'Kingdom Hearts' bill much better than it's portable successors. Players want to go on a BIG adventure.

i thought kh2 was the best game ever in 2006

i admit it has it's flaws but its still a genuinely fun game and captures the disney spirit. i have low standards, the only thing that truly matters to me in a KH game is the core gameplay and atmosphere.

Sorakh212

Awards
Thing is though many of us have been waiting for KH3 for over 10 years. Hell I've been using this site since then. I remember people back in 06 eagerly awaiting any new information and updates about anything and everything concerning the future of the series or what we thought would be KH3 at the time. Back when the Terra was called the unknown or enigmatic soldier with Ven aka the frozen Roxas look alike guy and the mystery girl. We knew there was going to be a sequel because of the success of both KH main titles and the more obvious unanswered question of what the contents of the Kings letter to Sora contained. A lot has happened since then granted, both irl and in the series, but that doesn't really change the fact that what people initially had in their minds has been eagerly awaited and anticipated for over a decade now and at this rate most likely 11 years even. I mean technically DDD is the sequel to KH2 but in most peoples minds, mine included, we had envisioned what we thought would be KH3. You gotta remember it was a different time back then and the gap between main games or hell even numbered installments wasn't nearly as wide as it is today and definitely not nearly as many remakes although CoM got remade w/ KH2FM. For example KH came out in 2002 and KH2 in 2006 or at least in the USA. Most people figured we'd be getting KH3 on the PS3 by 2010 maybe or some time prior to that given the time gaps and what not. It's definitely one of those things that has pushed me to my limits regarding patience, seriously I've never waited for anything for this long in my entire life and it's insane!, but man will it be well worth it when this game finally gets released most likely next year. I will say that I'm glad there have been games that were released since 2 even if they did take a pretty sharp turn in a new direction from previous games. I'm glad that 3 will be getting back to its roots and improving upon the initial formula and what not. Wow it sure is crazy to reflect on these types of things like with just how much has changed since then and the current direction we're headed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back