• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 10 Year Wait for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Should probably wait until games are actually announced before buying expensive systems for them....

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Which reminds me, I see some people saying they bought a PS3 back in the day for KH3 and are now mad because it's gonna be on PS4. Okay, so you spent a ton of money based on an assumption for a game that was not announced nor even confirmed, yet? And you're mad at Square for that?

Like yeah, get mad about buying a PS3 for Versus XIII or The Last Guardian, cause those cases make sense. But KH3? I understand it was a logical conclusion back in the day like "Oh, KH2 came out and now the PS3 is coming out, so whatever was in that secret ending is probably gonna be the next game for PS3". Okay sure, a lot of us probably thought that. But maybe, I don't know, wait for the game to be announced and confirmed for PS3 before buying one?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i bought a nintendo dsi xl to play kh3 and have never been more ashamed of anything in my life

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
But KH3? I understand it was a logical conclusion back in the day like "Oh, KH2 came out and now the PS3 is coming out, so whatever was in that secret ending is probably gonna be the next game for PS3".
You’re right. It is a pretty logical conclusion. Less logical to have expected SE would waste an entire generation of the PS on side-games.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Logical or not, it was still an assumption, which guarantees nothing.

Exactly, not to mention that clinging to that assumption and apparently either living under a rock or not wanting to know the actual information that, y'know, KH 3 was explicitly stated to not be a thing for several years after 2006 is decidedly less logical.

I can understand people having this impression and adhere to this assumption for maybe a year or a little more, but clinging to it more and longer than that is truly a chain of thought I literally cannot follow.
People cannot really be that dense, or can they?

Muke

whatever
Awards
chain of thought
is that a com sequel

Seriously though, I won't ever get why anybody would just assume that KH3'd release on the PS3 and just go ahead and buy one. So I'm pretty much agreeing with Sephy and Osprey here.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Logical or not, it was still an assumption, which guarantees nothing.
Can't say it didn't lower my opinion of SE though. What's really sad is seeing a deck of excuses laid out for their mismanagement of an interesting franchise.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
where i come from we have a sayin' -- what's done is done

NUP_165783_0012.jpg

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
is that a com sequel

Seriously though, I won't ever get why anybody would just assume that KH3'd release on the PS3 and just go ahead and buy one. So I'm pretty much agreeing with Sephy and Osprey here.

Pft, lol.

Buying a console for a single game is generally not a really bright idea regardless of the franchise involved.
I have for example an own house rule set that I will only buy a console if there are at least four games for it already that interest me.

Can't say it didn't lower my opinion of SE though. What's really sad is seeing a deck of excuses laid out for their mismanagement of an interesting franchise.

Their PR management and marketing was never really top notch during the last decade though, so it's not only in regards to KH.
And yet still though, in regards to the KH franchise specifically people are "mad" at Square for things they never actually promised or even proposed. Between 2005 and 2012 there were no plans for any KH III and that was also communicated as such.
By 2006/2007 it was made clear that the next step in the franchise would be a trinity of Handheld games and not KH III.
If that was a wise move or not can be debated, but fact is that they did it and gave priority to other franchises in terms of big AAA titles, namely Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest which were (and as far as I know still are) much bigger money makers and well known franchises.
These two also have the advantage for Square that they can do whatever they want with it and do not have to consult Disney regularily as well as their stories often being easier to create because all the twists and turns are not only known to one individual.

where i come from we have a sayin' -- what's done is done

NUP_165783_0012.jpg

True dat,
although I do suspect that the admittedly unexpected massive problems they encountered with Versus XIII also severely threw off the original plans for the KH franchise.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I am especially amused by the kind of people who expected SE to release KH3 on the PS3 when like...the announcement dropped (or shortly before that).
Like...it was 2012-2013, what did they expect?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Way to point out the obvious
Given the amount of people I've seen who have said something like "I bought this console because I assumed [game] was gonna be on it," it looks like this wasn't quite so obvious to everyone.

Muke

whatever
Awards
i always thought the "58 / 2 days" was a typo and it actually meant "kh: 3"

i also thought kh ddd was 3 because there were 3 d's
maybe ddd was supposed to be 3
coincidence
i think not

OKAY, enough with my unfunny jokes!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, if you turn "M" on its side, it kiiiiiinda looks like 3.

... I'm grasping at straws here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back