• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 10 Year Wait for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Given the amount of people I've seen who have said something like "I bought this console because I assumed [game] was gonna be on it," it looks like this wasn't quite so obvious to everyone.

"They wouldn't just release FF XV on the PS4 just because it doesn't release before 2016, right? I mean, there's only been one main title(-series) on the PS3!111"

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Wat?

*does not really compute*

Well, if you turn "M" on its side, it kiiiiiinda looks like 3.

... I'm grasping at straws here
When I was young I thought a bit of the M looked like a Roman Numeral 3 due to the words "Re:Chain of Memories" being stuck in front of it. I'll admit, I felt very freaking stupid when I realized that what I was playing wasn't KH3.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Given the amount of people I've seen who have said something like "I bought this console because I assumed [game] was gonna be on it," it looks like this wasn't quite so obvious to everyone.
How were they to know the PS3 would be the one console they wouldn't make a game for?
giggle.gif

At least the ReMIX compilations happened, so it's not a total waste.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
How were they to know the PS3 would be the one console they wouldn't make a game for?
giggle.gif

At least the ReMIX compilations happened, so it's not a total waste.

They can't know, and that's precisely why you shouldn't buy a console for a game of which you don't know if it'll even release on that console. Stuff gets cheaper anyways so why not wait if people "only" buy it for that certain game.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Void and everyone else; that was why I waited to buy a PS4. It wasn't just for KH3; my policy is there has to be at least 3-4 games out already that I want to play, and the only reason I bought a PS3 was because my brother wanted his back (besides we got a lot of games for PS2-PS3 in the basement; not to mention it makes a very good media player. I know the PS4 could do as well, but the PS4 remote kinda sorta sucks compared to the PS3 one.)

And of course, I'd rather be sure before I order (you guys proly know by now, I don't preorder until I see a release date). I'm planning on picking up a few more games for all my systems, tho with the PS3 and the PS2, I also have access to a seriously large library of games downstairs...

I assume though a lot of people who are muttering about the long wait for KH3, however weren't as careful and don't keep up with the news. If they had they'd know why the delay.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
To me, Birth by Sleep was always Kingdom Hearts 3 just because of Kingdom Hearts 2's secret ending.
EVERYONE was hyped when that secret ending came on and they were exciting for "KH3" because they assumed that's what the game would be called. Turns out the game came under a different title, "Birth by Sleep." But it was the same game.

Even to this day, I know people who think that KH3 is going to play out just like the secret ending for KH2 because they have no idea of BBS's existence or they just assumed that because it was on a handheld, it was pointless.

I've talked everyone's ear off about how I feel about this issue and to this day, it still irritates me. What irritates me more is that I know that when the game finally does release, everyone is going to complain about it and give it bad scores because the story didn't make any sense to them.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
What just kills me is the assumption that every game that's not on a Playstation is pointless and has no bearing on the main plot. Haha, look at CoM. Dumb little GBA title amirite? Only it turns out that game had the most pivotal plot points in the entire franchise... If you don't play CoM, then II, Days, and Re:Coded will leave your head dizzy with confusion.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
maxresdefault.jpg

"seven guardians of light and 13 wumbonorts of darkness will fight and form the W-blade, as foretold in the ancient book of wumbocies."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"all worlds begin in wumbo, and all so end."

disney233

Awards
....We went from a Kingdom Hearts conversation to Wumbo HOW?

redcrown

Awards
Once the relases date is announced I expect plenty of "I've done my waiting, 12 years of it!" memes to fly around all over the place, and l would be dissapointed if it didn't.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Once the relases date is announced I expect plenty of "I've done my waiting, 12 years of it!" memes to fly around all over the place, and l would be dissapointed if it didn't.

"I waited for almost as long as Sora is old!
THAT'S STUPID, SQUARE ENIX!!!"

Onasi

I remember making fan theories about kh3 back when Birth by Sleep was still just the secret ending of KH2. Oh man... how time flies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I remember making fan theories about kh3 back when Birth by Sleep was still just the secret ending of KH2. Oh man... how time flies.

Now that you mention it...
Days was released like...seven years ago. That's weird D:

Muke

whatever
Awards
By the time KH3 comed out I'll be 22 lol
I don't get what everyone has with this tbh. (And yes, I know, you're joking, but still)

KH3 was announced 2013. They've been developing it for 3 years now (which is pretty average, no?).
Also, they had to restart everything because the Luminous Shader didn't really work out for KH3. (I forgot why)

So, I don't get those types jokes tbh heh

also pls dont tale this personal or something

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
@muke my boy, you have to understand the "when III comes out, i'll be XX!" jokes. the first installment came out in 2002, so while i think the "i've waited 10 years for KH!!1" sentiment is horse hockey, its funny to think of the the time between now and kh's beginnings especially if you were a fan since the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back