• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's future ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleith

I think everybody is ditching Terra WAY too much. In my opinion, he will have an important role to play. Just by looking at the facts, there's no way his story is over that easily... I mean, besides having just one cameo or something, or just being "saved".

What we knew before BBS :

- Xehanort had no memory

- He experimented to get memories back, and ended up leading evil experiments on hearts and people

- Turned into two evil entities, Ansem SoD and Xemnas

After BBS :

- MX got inside Terra's body because his heart was too weak and could not deal with that much darkness

- MX underestimated Terra, who's been able to fight back, and made him lose that control. The "vessel" lost many memories

- Terra's "sentiments" seemed to be all that was left of him, and remained lost in the graveyard of keyblades

Ok, so far, it would be pretty easy to assume that MX just finally gained control over Terra and made the vessel (Terranort) fully evil, and became Ansem SoD and Xemnas.

But that's forgetting the most important things, which are the epilogue, and the secret ending, where we learned that :

- The "sentiments" are absolutely NOT Terra. Terra is still inside of his body, and awoken

- He was able to gain control of the body temporary, to save Aqua from Terranort's darkness

- He sealed all of their hearts and sent them all to oblivion, leading to Aqua's sacrifice

- It's true Terra's heart wasn't strong enough to deal with MX. The reason he managed to stay around, was because Eraqus gave him his heart (it's a "gift", nothing like a transfer nor possession like MX did, that's why Eraqus' heart became part of Terra's, and why he wasn't showing up in the "duel for possession of the vessel")

- Terra did say "even if you manage to get a hold of my body, you will never get rid of me, I will never lose sight of what's important to me, I will fight till the end, you're gonna get showed the door, old man"

- When MX was mostly in control of the vessel, he had the "yellow eyes". A few months later, when Braig talked to Terranort, he couldn't help but notice his face was a lot different, and even thought for a second it might be Terra. That Terranort didn't look evil for the least. It's impossible to deny there's been another change between the moment he appeared in Radient Garden, and that.

Those are massive NEW informations. I don't know why a lot of people seem to consider this trivia, and don't care about Terra at all.

But Aqua's sacrifice, the proof that Terra was still inside of his body, fighting, the whole "I know I'm doomed but I won't let you get it so easily" etc...

It would make the whole thing rather pathetic and sad, while being completely pointless to dedicate that much time about it, if it had NO importance whatsoever.

There's only two solutions right here :

- Terra did not exactly fail, he did something we still don't know, that maybe made things less horrible than they could have been, even though MX still managed to get what he wanted, maybe that wasn't entirely true. For instance, the fact that he couldn't use his keyblade properly might be his fault. (we've seen he was capable of it in the new trailer, so one has to ask why he never used it afterward)

- Braig. He did something to Terranort to "get rid" of Terra. Maybe explaining why Terra's heart wasn't in Terranort when he became Xemnas and Ansem, and maybe Terra's heart "looked for the young boy he chose", Riku. As for that, either he did it right before becoming Ansem, either he weirdly made it when he WAS Ansem SoD and took possession of Riku, and was "left behind" in KH 2 when the darkness was destroyed within Riku. But that makes him very ... useless. But maybe that was MX and Braig's way to prevent Terra from disturbing their plans too much, he was 'stuck' inside, unable to do anything ...

- Yen Sid mentions he has no idea where Terra could be.

Now, the most speaking Nomura Interviews :

-- In "KHI" when Sora stabs the "Keyblade of people's hearts" into himself to release his heart and Kairi's, Sora's Heartless and Nobody were born. When Master Xehanort and Terra:Xehanort stab themselves with the Keyblade, were his and Terra's Nobodies not created?

Nomura: That is not yet clear. However I will say that the fixed sentiment that remained just after Master Xehanort stabbed himself with the Keyblade was not a Heartless.

-- Roxas, the "Sora + Ventus" Nobody, was able to use a Keyblade. In contrast Xemnas, the "Terra + Master Xehanort" Nobody, wasn't able to use a Keyblade. Why is this?

Nomura: I'd rather that point remain a mystery. It's possible that he intentionally wasn't using one.

-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?

Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story* after this one.

-- Is that to say that there's a possibility that within Xehanort's Heartless, the darkness that sleeps in Riku's heart, there might remain something of Terra...?

Nomura: That's also a riddle connected to the next story,* so everyone please use your imagination.

So really, I think Terra is, despite what many people seem to think, much more major than Aqua or Ven, regarding the future titles. Not that the other two aren't important, but Terra is directly tied to Xehanort's story, I don't think it should be neglected.

And I'm also sure there's much more going on than just "Terra lost his body and is stuck in Riku", there wouldn't be that much scenes indicating he was still around, and it would be pointless for Nomura to comment on how it will be revealed in the future, if it already was all along.

Revolution

So really, I think Terra is, despite what many people seem to think, much more major than Aqua or Ven, regarding the future titles. Not that the other two aren't important, but Terra is directly tied to Xehanort's story, I don't think it should be neglected.

I agree, yet disgree.

Aqua is the only one with a sentient being left. Ven is basically in a coma and all that is left of Terra is his rage in the form of the Lingering Sentiment. Aqua is the one who can navigate through CO to get to Ven, no one else. Aqua is the only Keyblade Master left, other then Yen Sid at the moment. And we don't know what she has been doing in the RoD in the time since Birth by Sleep (BBSv2.)

Yes, Terra is important as he is the one who can gain control of his body from Xehanort, yet I doubt that will happen until late in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Kleith

all that is left of Terra is his rage in the form of the Lingering Sentiment.

That's obviously completely wrong. We had the proof his "rage" being in the Sentiment didn't affect his "soul" and heart AT ALL.

If Xehanort can become complete again, there's no way Terra couldn't. Either he lost his heart, and became a heartless too, thus being able to become complete when Xemnas was defeated, either he didn't lose his heart and has to be freed from somewhere else. (possibly within Riku)

Read what Nomura said. We don't know what Aqua did after BBS. True. But it's the same for Terra. I don't see why Nomura implied so heavily MX's plan didn't work as expected, and that we would see how the hearts and minds within Terranort actually worked out, if in the end, it was a blatant "I am so evil I won ! Goodbye Terra !".

What Aqua did in CO, we do not know, but we have no idea what happened with Terra, Braig, and MX. I really doubt Terra will become complete at the same time as Xehanort, they probably did something to him because he gained too much strength. (as implied in the blank points secret ending)

Yes, Terra is important as he is the one who can gain control of his body from Xehanort, yet I doubt that will happen until late in Kingdom Hearts 3.

I really doubt Terra will be inside Xehanort in the late KH 3. It's going to be a Sora Versus Xehanort Showdown, Riku and Terra will help, but that's not how things will settle in my opinion. Xehanort will become "young" again, he won't need Terra's body. And I think it would be better to have Sora unleash full power on MX's ass, knowing Terra's freed.

Aqua will probably get her spin off on PSVITA or something, as for KH DDD, I assume Terra will be found by Riku (he's the only one left who is "lost"). In KH 3, I see a Xehanort WITHOUT Terra as a nemesis.

I just hope Terra can be restored too, and not being stuck in Riku, since, you know, MX just basically stole his body. (since he used Terra's to get complete, and not his old body, probably taking away Terra's chance to reform)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
*sigh* I really despise it when people come up and claim one character is more important than the other but honestly where was it said that Terra has no more importance?
ALL three of TAV are of very most importance to the overall plot and they will probably do so in the future as well. Nomura wouldn't let Sora venture out to save them if he had no further plans for TAV.

Terra might be the most difficult to fully restore, but it's not impossible.
Furthermore, "ditching" Terra as you put it would a) make both Aqua's and Ven's sacrifices meaningless and b) would break their hearts even further taking into consideration since the three of them want to be fully together again.

So, as I see it, Terra is of course very important for the series, clearly not less than Aqua or Ven, but also not more than them.

sdr08

i guess we have to wait and find out in DDD, I assume DDD is when we find out. or is it in KH3?

Pratiko

Awards
It's an interesting point of view that you use to compare TAV in itself, but we're missing the point here: Ventus and Terra. Both of them are to be found, since we know Aqua is alright (she finds Ansem the Wise at the shore...).

Terra is connected to the villians of the story: Ansem SoD and Xemnas. While Ventus is connected to the hero: Sora. They're two sides to the same coin, so I wouldn't consider Terra more important than Ventus.

More importantly, and referring to the topic's title:
Nomura said:
I think the questions of how their (ASoD & Xemnas') power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story after this one.
It's pretty much clear that:
MX -> Ansem SoD
Terra -> Xemnas
why?, well... Ansem SoD used the same power MX used to take control of Terra's body against Riku. And as Terra, Riku can resist to it too when he uses enough strength... like for a second, too.
Aaaand, Xemnas shares some empathy to Aqua's armor and looks for Ventus in Castle Oblivion... pretty much obvious, right?

Just my grain of salt for this analysis of Terra.

Megavoltage

Awards
since we know Aqua is alright (she finds Ansem the Wise at the shore...)
I'm not so sure about that. Aqua seemed to be alright when she met Ansem in Blank Points. But BBSV2 could continue Aqua's story after that point. Something like Aqua and Ansem traveling through the RoD during the time that ReCoded and Dream Drop Distance are happening in the RoL. Maybe at the end of the game something terrible will happen to them.

but yeah I think Terra will have an important role in DDD.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Now that you mention it.... BBSV2 will also probably explain how AtW became DiZ...

billyzanesucks

It's pretty much clear that:
MX -> Ansem SoD
Terra -> Xemnas
why?, well... Ansem SoD used the same power MX used to take control of Terra's body against Riku. And as Terra, Riku can resist to it too when he uses enough strength... like for a second, too.
Aaaand, Xemnas shares some empathy to Aqua's armor and looks for Ventus in Castle Oblivion... pretty much obvious, right?

Just my grain of salt for this analysis of Terra.

Um, no. In the exact same interview that you quoted, Ansem was hinted to have part of Terra. Xehanort has control over their hearts, so how he acts makes perfect sense. Xemnas is not Terra, why do you think he was so evil? Xemnas is the nobody of both, and holds all their memories. As far as we know, Xemnas didn't have a heart, so he isn't just one or the other.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Now that you mention it.... BBSV2 will also probably explain how AtW became DiZ...

DiZ isn't like a form or second being he turned into. It was merely an alias for him to use to hide from Org XIII so he could plot his revenge in secrecy. He just had a name change and covered up his face.
Unless you mean HOW he got around to that then ya, they could do that.

Sephiroth0812 said:
Terra might be the most difficult to fully restore, but it's not impossible.

If Master X can come back, then Terra can come back. We've had way to many sad endings to these games.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You make some excellent points. I think it's obvious Roxas, Namine, and Xion are going to play a role in KH3D due to the whole sleep thing. As for Terra, Aqua, and Ven, i'm sure they will come up in KH3D, but I don't know if they will be saved in KH3D or KH3. I think KH3D might be where Roxas, Namine, and Xion are saved, and then TAV are saved in KH3.

Lea is a bit different, if Roxas and Xion return in KH3D then Lea's torment may be ended there if he reunites with them.

All in all KH3D, KH3, and the possible BBSV2 will be interesting indeed. Nomura is really pumping me up for how the Xehanort Saga is going.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
It's all coming to a climax, which is pretty awesome.

He's actually doing a very good job of it, if you pay attention. ^.^

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
You make some excellent points. I think it's obvious Roxas, Namine, and Xion are going to play a role in KH3D due to the whole sleep thing. As for Terra, Aqua, and Ven, i'm sure they will come up in KH3D, but I don't know if they will be saved in KH3D or KH3. I think KH3D might be where Roxas, Namine, and Xion are saved, and then TAV are saved in KH3.

Lea is a bit different, if Roxas and Xion return in KH3D then Lea's torment may be ended there if he reunites with them.

All in all KH3D, KH3, and the possible BBSV2 will be interesting indeed. Nomura is really pumping me up for how the Xehanort Saga is going.

I'm with you. I may not have posted in a while, but I've been keeping up with the news and I must say, I am VERY interested to see how all this turns out.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Terra is connected to the villians of the story: Ansem SoD and Xemnas. While Ventus is connected to the hero: Sora. They're two sides to the same coin, so I wouldn't consider Terra more important than Ventus.

That is a neat way to put it, although still not entirely accurate as both Terra's and Ven's connections cross over to the "other side" as well. Terra is also indirectly connected to Sora as well in the light of even "providing" a keyblade to be used by Sora in KH1. Terra is connected to the heroes side through Riku, as him doing the inheritance ceremony for Riku set a whole chain of events in motion that lead to a keyblade choosing Riku which could then be snatched from Sora and the destruction of the Destiny Islands in KH1 by Riku due to him being able to see the keyhole of the world and opening it in his desire to get to outer worlds.

Ventus on the other hand is directly and deeply connected to Sora, sure, but he is also deeply connected to the villain's side as being Master Xehanort's apprentice when he was still a kid and much if not all of Ventus's suffering comes from the crimes Xehanort committed.

Ventus could even be considered Xehanort's very first victim as he shattered his heart four years before BBS for the first time when creating Vanitas. Xehanort himself even admitted to Terra in BBS that he injured Ven's heart in one of the most horrible ways possible (that being one of the few things he told Terra which was not a lie).

I'm not so sure about that. Aqua seemed to be alright when she met Ansem in Blank Points. But BBSV2 could continue Aqua's story after that point. Something like Aqua and Ansem traveling through the RoD during the time that ReCoded and Dream Drop Distance are happening in the RoL. Maybe at the end of the game something terrible will happen to them.

but yeah I think Terra will have an important role in DDD.

Laying beside the fact BBSv2 is still not confirmed I thought that BBSv2 would fill in gaps between the stories, which means everything between the end of BBS up to the end of Coded, not further. We'll probably see what Aqua was up to during KH 1, 2, Days and Coded, but since the RoD is apparently huge it is not that big a surprise Mickey and Yen Sid didn't manage to get her out yet.

Remember in CoM Riku only got out of the RoD because his heart resonated with Sora's and he ended up in Castle Oblivion. Mickey was still in the RoD then and only managed to reach Castle Oblivion in the last third of CoM due to following the light of Riku's heart.

If Master X can come back, then Terra can come back. We've had way to many sad endings to these games.
Seems you misread my statement. I never said Terra can't come back, I only pointed out that since he's tied to Xehanort (their hearts fused in BBS, not like Ven's heart which only hid inside Sora's heart, they really fused together) bringing him back would be the most difficult task compared to Ven and Aqua.

Aqua "only" needs to be freed out of the RoD, which as said above is not as easy as it may sound, but still the easiest to be archieved and a prerequisite to get access to Ven's comatose body.
Ventus needs his heart fully healed from the horrible wounds sustained by the destruction of the x-blade, then his healed heart needs to be awakened and extracted from within Sora's heart without harming either of the boys and safely placed back into its body so Ven can be awakened completely.
More complicated than Aqua, but nonetheless manageable faster than Terra.

It has already been confirmed that none of the tormented ones will be saved before KH III. DDD may give us more information on their individual torments and how the saving might be possible => Ansem's data, but no acual rescue yet.

Um, no. In the exact same interview that you quoted, Ansem was hinted to have part of Terra. Xehanort has control over their hearts, so how he acts makes perfect sense. Xemnas is not Terra, why do you think he was so evil? Xemnas is the nobody of both, and holds all their memories. As far as we know, Xemnas didn't have a heart, so he isn't just one or the other.

It's really too simple to label Ansem SoD as Xehanort/Master Xehanort and Xemnas as Terra, Xemnas obviously was as evil as Ansem SoD and Nomura said that the acual distribution of memories, hearts and powers between Ansem SoD and Xemnas as well as the whole Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus-mess will be addressed in the next "story",which would be DDD going out from Coded.

wii.red24

I think in some way Terra will always have some role to play in kingdom Hearts as for now will have to wait for kh3 and, or if BBSV2 ever gets announced (highly unlinkely) i think that possibly, the bbs storyline could continue on.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Terra's future is going to be very important. Not only is he now a part of Xehanort, remember when Yen Sid said that Xehanort would not be alone? What if Terra is with him?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Terra's future is going to be very important. Not only is he now a part of Xehanort, remember when Yen Sid said that Xehanort would not be alone? What if Terra is with him?

And why would out of all people TERRA be with Xehanort?
Terra absolutely hates and despises Xehanort for killing his surrogate father, Eraqus, wanting to kill Aqua, his best friend and using Ventus, who he views as a little brother, by shattering the boy's heart just to fuel his selfish ambitions.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
And why would out of all people TERRA be with Xehanort?
Terra absolutely hates and despises Xehanort for killing his surrogate father, Eraqus, wanting to kill Aqua, his best friend and using Ventus, who he views as a little brother, by shattering the boy's heart just to fuel his selfish ambitions.

I don't mean as in joining him willingly, I meant like mind control. But that isn't really what I meant. As in, Terra would also be revived, but he would appear elsewhere.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't mean as in joining him willingly, I meant like mind control. But that isn't really what I meant. As in, Terra would also be revived, but he would appear elsewhere.

Funny thing is, as Xehanort remarked in BBS, Terra's mind is the part of him that mounts the most and strongest resistance against him.

Terra won't just be revived like that because that would be way too easy. Not to mention Yen Sid and Mickey are still searching for info about him.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Funny thing is, as Xehanort remarked in BBS, Terra's mind is the part of him that mounts the most and strongest resistance against him.

Terra won't just be revived like that because that would be way too easy. Not to mention Yen Sid and Mickey are still searching for info about him.

Hm. True. But now, I'm thinking that Vanitas might come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back