• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra Aparattus [original RP]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
-Clears throat-

Err...I'd honestly planned to write up a little template this evening, Tobuoi. Sadly, I made the mistake of revealing my rather circuitous scheme to craft an awful template to- hopefully- provoke you into refusing my participation; thereby, allowing me to maintain a morbid form of intergrity while breaking my promise to you. This effort wouldn't be necessary if you'd take "no" for an answer.

Moving on...

I actually put sincere, imaginative effort into crafting something worthwhile, but I've got a few questions for you before I proceed. Find me tomorrow. I'll be the thing that you have to look up to.

One more thing, I'm not afraid of your death threats. Your hands are far, far too small to fit around my neck.

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Roulette, GOH, Dark Philosopher, DarkHeart, you're all good to go. candy_man, there are some rather critical conflicts between your template and what is described in the first post, but I'm feeling particularly nice today, so I'll allow you a second chance. I reccommend that you reread the first post. That includes my character's template, as well. Even though there's not any obvious rules, I imagine you'll get a better feel for the environment of this RP. If you're gonna edit, let me know when you're done.

Oh, and Morpheaus...

HA HA HA SHORT JOKES!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHJAHAAHAHA!!!!@1!11!!

Twilight_Path

Hello, I would like a spot in this RP if it's not too much trouble.

---------------------
Name: Sceria Williams

Weapon(s): An old Walther P38. Serena stole the weapon from her late father’s WWII memorabilia closet. She also has a Sgian Dubh, purchased from a novelty shop owned by an old friend of the family’s.

Appearance: Sceria is about 5'2 with lightly tanned skin. Her shoulder-length hair is an inky black hue save for her foremost bangs, which are stark white. Due to a rather nasty encounter with a puddle of toxic waste at a young age, she's missing the pinky finger of her right hand. Sceria's face is often etched with worry lines, and the dark circles under her eyes indicate her need for a good night's rest.

Her clothes are a rag-tag mismatch combination of whatever she can find... or steal. Despite her lack of style choices, Sceria always finds a way to accent her attire with a bit of flair. Her favorite (and only) outfit consists of a pair of worn green cargo pants, a black tank top with a grey jacket thrown over it, and a brilliant red ski cap. She also mended an old pair of vintage sunglasses, and dons them whenever she feels the need.

Brief Background: Sceria was the firstborn of a decent-sized family made up of several brothers and sisters who all both hated and despised each other. Her father was an old watchmaker who was very skilled at what he did and enjoyed his work dearly. Unfortunately, Sceria's mother was a high-bred person who loved possessions merely for the sake of having them. It was not long until the selfish woman exceeded her husbands earnings, and the Williams found themselves out on the street. Indignant, outraged, and completely oblivious of what she'd done, Sceria's mother abandoned her family without so much as a note goodbye.

Sceria's father was crestfallen, and never the same after his wife left. He took to drinking and drugs and became oftentimes violent and unpredictable. As the oldest member of the Williams family, Sceria acknowledged the fact that she was responsible for her siblings, and despite her dislike for them, took it upon herself to scavenge what she could for their survival. Despite her brave attempts, both her father and several of her brothers and sisters died, leaving herself and a younger brother named Norton alone in the world. She struggles to keep him alive, defending the youngster from raiding hoodlums and other malificent beings that come their way.

One day, while on her theiving escapades, Sceria came upon two men talking about a book called the Terra Aparattus. She was mildly interested in what they said, but she knew she needed to get back to her little brother. The book has been the only thing on her mind lately, her ideas and questions about it revolving about in her mind.

Theme Song: Breaking Benjamin - So Cold

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
HA HA HA SHORT JOKES!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHJAHAAHAHA!!!!@1!11!

Together, Tob, we're tall. D;

I still can't believe I am a part of your nefarious machinations. Yes, I went there. But I ... can't say no, to you. So nya.

I actually have a totally different design for a character that I think could've been better, but ... it didn't fit. So I'll have to work extra hard to make up for it. >:0 I promise I shall.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Twilight_Path, I'm afraid that I cannot allow you into this RP because your template goes against a number of things that I specifically explained in the first post. The template simply does not coincide with the themes expressed in the intro. I do, however, appreciate your consideration and hope to see you around, soon.

GOH, together, we're over 10 feet. Me could totally pwn these mofos, Gundam-style.

Wicked

absurdiam
I edited my template.

Thanks for giving me another try but I think that my next attempt will fail in comparison to yours and most of the other people in this. Even more than my last.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
GOH, together, we're over 10 feet. Me could totally pwn these mofos, Gundam-style.

"Gundam-style" being some sort of code for carnival sideshow?

As you seem determined to strong-arm me into this...

Name:Jefe

Weapon(s): A heavily worn, length of rebar, one end of which has been smoothed through constant use as a walking aide. Jefe also carries a medium sized, rubber mallet worn across the hip in a length of weathered animal skin.

Appearance: Jefe is 5’11” with ebony skin beaten and chapped by a lifetime of exposure to the harsh climate. His arms and legs are thin, corded muscle, while his belly bulges forward distended beyond even the world’s harsh standards of hunger and starvation.

In an already bleak world, Jefe finds himself living an increasingly harsh existence with his charcoal skin, a peculiarity rarely, if ever, seen today. A neurotic compulsion to scratch and pick has left Jefe peppered with various half-healed blisters and pockmarks, giving his skin an almost corroded quality, and further alienating him from an already unforgiving society.

Jefe’s clothing could be considered non-existent for all intents and purposes; consisting of two pieces of tattered leather, all that remains of a coat many decades old. The larger piece is worn around the waist, bound tight by a length of hempen rope. The remaining, smaller piece is worn as a skull-cap which Jefe never willingly removes. Why Jefe wears so little is unknown. He can often be found in some solitary corner, arms crossed tightly across his chest, rocking back and forth, subconsciously fighting a self-imposed chill.

His eyes, like his skin, are a rare ebony color. This ominous tone is further enhanced by the haunted, void-like dullness of Jefe’s stare. He never looks another human eye-to-eye, and rarely speaks, attempting to hide his few gingivitis decayed teeth.

Brief Background: Jefe once lived as an isolated member of a farm community, sheltered in the mostly intact remains of an open-air stadium. The stadium had served as a makeshift home to the community for several generations, after having its field converted to farmland and its stands a makeshift tent city. Born in the last breaths of a dying woman, Jefe knew no family or love. He simply existed from day to day, supported as an infant by the mercies of mother’s to stillborn children. These mercies ran their course, and Jefe eventually found himself put to work in the field, scraping away at soil which produced less and less food with each season.

In time, the small patch of land would support only the hardiest of crops- potatoes and turnips. All the while the community had dwindled to less than two dozen. Soon even this small group lacked the resources to support itself. In the dead of night, individuals began to vanish, the victims of hungry neighbors, even hungry relatives.

When all but a few remained, their hunger could not be denied; they descended into brutal cannibalism, attacking one another with tooth and nail, and feeding on the still hot flesh of those too weak to resist.

Jefe is the last of this community. How this isolated and repulsive potato farmer came to survive is a story he never speaks of but is forever haunted by. He wanders now from village to village, starving himself almost beyond endurance as a method of absolution for acts too inhuman to speak of, even in this bleak and pitiless world. Jefe’s hunger to forget grows with each passing day...as does his hunger for change.

Theme Song [optional]: Wishful Sin by: The Doors

Twilight_Path

Twilight_Path, I'm afraid that I cannot allow you into this RP because your template goes against a number of things that I specifically explained in the first post. The template simply does not coincide with the themes expressed in the intro. I do, however, appreciate your consideration and hope to see you around, soon.

Okay. Thanks anyways. :)

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
candy_man, my main concern was that your character was Christian, but the only religion (and law) in this RP is the Book, Terra Aparattus. I appreciate your reconsideration, but I cannot accept you.

As you seem determined to strong-arm me into this...

Oh, I am not. You decided to join all on your own, and you know it. : P

Well, I imagine we'll be kicking this thing off in the next 24 hours, but not until tomorrow. I have an essay to write and a presidential debate to watch. Tune in next time. If anyone else would like to submit a template, feel free to do so, but I'm content to start with the number of players we have, as is.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Didn't realize this was up, and I've been busy. I'll try to fit a post in.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Are there any spots still available? If not, I understand, but if so, I'd be glad to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back