• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra Aparattus [original RP]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
"Wear the face of the Machinist who gives motion to the machine's many gears, a great clamor brought as the machine's harsh iron and bright steel stirred to life by the hand of the machinist..."

Terra Aparattus​

Global warming, pollution, continental flooding...all man-made catastrophes that brought the entirety of humanity--once the greatest civilization to hold reign over the planet--to its humble knees. There is little water safe to drink, little land left fertile enough to grow food, and no village under a sky that is not eternally gray. Those who are lucky will live to see the age of forty. Many, however, are not so fortunate. Malnourishment, as well as air and water contamination, has crippled the life expectancy. Being the way of things, there has been no one alive in the last two hundred years that remembers a time when the human population breached 2,000.

For some, what little time they have alive is not so precious. Radioactive waste among a number of hazardous pollutants has caused physical and mental deficiencies for hundreds. Still, as always, even in the darkest of times, humanity has found hope. This time, in the shape of a book. The only remaining printed book, in fact, and with all accomplishments and knowledge of their species left behind in their flooded cities and towns, its perfect print and seamless binding are considered a sign of holiness and its contents law. Only a few are capable of reading it.

The book is titled Terra Aparattus and states a variety of decrees, first and foremost being that the use of any machinery is an abominational sin, the very one that brought the planet into such decadence in the first place. Anyone who has questioned the contents of the book has promptly been put to death.

But what if the meaning of the book has been terribly misinterpreted? What if, rather than a means of religious faith, the book was made to be a guide--a manual of sorts--for something much greater? Rest assured, it was. Written hundreds, if not thousands of years ago, the book was written as a cryptic guide for a great machine with the ability to "save the world", should it descend into a state of decay such as the one it's in, now. A few have deciphered this, but for fear of their own lives, have been forced to keep it a secret. Yet still, they conspire and plan with the intentions of stealing the book and finding the planet's last hope for long-lost vitality...though not even they can predict the final outcome of the machine's launch.

"...That which is forsaken in the eyes of the rightly guided will save the world."
-Terra Aparattus, article I

Guidelines
-Let me say, right off the bat, that in order for this RP to be successful, I'll need some players willing to see it through to the end. I've got something special planned. It'll be worth it, I promise.
-As such, this RP will probably be more structured than most others. This means that I may send you a PM or two at some point, asking you to take your character in a certain direction. Don't worry, I won't ask you to do something your character wouldn't do.
-Again, being a semi-structured RP, LITERACY IS A MUST, even moreso than I would expect in my other RPs. Please, please, please READ EVERYTHING in this post because if you make any errors due to outright ignorance, you will not be asked to edit, but simply to leave.
-The characters in this RP will be making and using their own weapons. This means that any creative hybrid you can come up with is allowed...imagine creating a gun from scratch. That's what the characters will be doing. This means no uzi, AK-47 crap. However, melee weapons such as clubs, knifes, etc. are acceptable, obviously.
-You may play a character up to the age of forty, but remember, with the life expectancy low, people start to lose their physical capabilities around the age of thirty.
-English is the only remaining language. Not that that's detremental to the RP, but I thought I'd let you know.
-If you wish to play a non-rebel character, PM me, though I doubt anyone will be interested in that role.

Alright, folks, here's the template:
Name:
Appearance:
Brief Background:
Theme Song [optional]:

My template:
Name: Mahdi
Weapon(s): Primarily an old, rusty machete, though Mahdi has taken to secretly synthesizing her own firearms. These include a handgun that she has been refining for some time and a rather make-shift sniper rifle, all made from scraps considered to be ancient.
Appearance: Like many in her generation, Mahdi has an ambiguous blend of genes, leaving her features rather neutral. However, unlike others, she is smaller than average, standing somewhere around 5'0". She has thick, dark hair that she keeps tied back either in a pony tail or a short braid, and medium-toned skin that distracts from her slate gray eyes. Her clothes are nothing extraordinary, mostly plain hand-me-downs salvaged from whatever material was available. Around her neck is a thin golden chain (though, there is much visable deterioration in the metal) with a six-pointed star hanging from it. Mahdi found it in a nearby junkyard and while she doesn't know its meaning or origin, she finds it symbolic and personal.
Brief Background: Mahdi grew up in one of the many villages, has been taught the customs of "the Book" since she could identify words, and is considered rare for her ability to read and write. However, it was not long before Mahdi began to question the ways of her disgraced people . When she was fourteen, her father died due to unknown causes, and it wasn't long after that that her mother insisted that she be married and have children of her own. She refused, claiming that she dare not bring another human soul into "this wretched world". Some time has passed since then and Mahdi has found others like her who abhor the oppression of humanity at the will of those who follow the falacies of the Book, and together, they have created their own weapons with which to fight their undoubted opponents and have formed plans for stealing the book and uncovering the truth in its deceptions.
Theme Song: YouTube - t.A.T.u. - White Robe Finalized HQ [ENGLISH!!!!!]

Last edited:

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Oh, I see how it is. The world's ending, and you still make it so that the english speaking people are the ones that are making it in the world. My cousine has been working his whole life, and I think that you shouldn't discriminate based on the language someone speaks. <3

I'll have a template up later.

The King

Token Black Guy
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com

Name:
Rei
Weapon: Rei use's a sling shot he made himself as a child's a play thing. When he discovered he could use it to hunt small prey (birds, rats, smaller creatures) he began to practice with it and became an excellent shot. He began to experiment with different forms of ammo for different effects. But the use of sharp rocks seems to be the most accessible. Accompanying his sling shot is a finely crafted hatchet. He uses this to hunt slightly bigger prey, or even chop wood. Whatever the need it is used.
Appearance: Rei stands at a clear 5'8'' inches. When at all possible he takes time to do push ups and sit ups keeping his body well shaped and proportioned. Rei is an African American with no hair to cover his head. On his left cheek is a small scar he acquired during the fire as a child. His clothing he made himself when he could not find what he needed from local merchants http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/7e/SecretApprentice_tfu.jpg (Just the clothes). His skin a light brown and his eyes the color of the grey sky above.
Brief Background: Growing up as an homeless orphan, Rei was the loveable scamp of the village. Everyone in town knew him and was very fond of him. Without parents to take care of him the villagers did as much as they could if he was in need, but with not much to offer in this time of hardship.His parents had died in a fire that sprung up in the night. Without much stregnth or courage there was not much Rei could do to help them. Now homeless and without guidance Rei knew he had to be strong to survive. He learned quickly to provide himself with food, and built himself a small shack to live in just outside of town. The people of the town would sometime's provide work for Rei. Rewarding him with food so he wouldnt need to hunt or small amounts of cash. Everytime he had the chance he would visit the local scholar in hopes of learning the art of reading and writing. He learned just enough to understand the guidance of the land, Terra Aparattus. He put much thought into his findings about what he had grew up to believe. The time for change was needed. And he decided he would leave his mark in history as one of the many who would risk their lives for the sake of humanity.

Last edited:

Suzaku

My god, this looks awesome. And I've been waiting for something new from Tobsy to sink my teeth into for a while. >=3

Editing with template.

Iif there are only around 2000 people left then is there a limit on the amount of Rpers?

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
Name: Virgil Dätwyler
Weapons: Virgil has made himself a polearm of sorts, mixing several metal blades around the end of a 5-foot-iron pole. His next project involves combining a shotgun and a revolver. When he's got nothing else, he can usually find a way to use the surrounding area.
Appearance:
Virgilicon.png

Virgil stands a full five feet and four inches, while weighing in at a hundred pounds, give or take ten. Starting from the top, Virgil has an odd face. He has a very light, 'celtic' skin tone, and has enough freckles to make the Weasley's jealous. His most striking features are his sky-blue hair, and heterochromatic eyes, one being sky-blue, and the other a striking emerald green. On his left ear, he has several platinum studs and hoops hanging around his ear, and to balance this, he has several short chains hanging from his right.

Body type? Virgil is a tiny little thing. He's got very little body mass to begin with, and he has, perhaps, a 8% body fat ratio. Oorah Metabolism. On his back is tattooed a pair of life-sized angel wings, and his reason is that he "Can't get a pair in real life". The muscle mass is evenly balanced across Virgil's body, though that probably doesn't mean too much. Continuing on with the snow-light skin tone issues, tanning is almost non-existent, going from untanned to burned and back without stopping anywhere in the middle.

And it's all usually covered in some form of style that Virgil deems to be a mixture of style-creation and simplistic fundamentalism. And it's usually made by Virgil himself. The only constants are his pair of black, studded, fingerless gloves with the word "Riot" inscribed on a metal plated attached to them, and his hand-me-down combat boots from dad.

Brief Background:WIP
Theme Song [optional]: Far Cry by Rush

Last edited:

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
This sounds very interesting, count me in...

Name: Hope

Weapons: an old Samerai Sword She found at an abandon (old museum) warehouse, A gun her father made before he died, and last a butcher knife

Appearance: http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/S/SU/SUB/Sublime-O-Lime/1159718055_SadAnimeGirl.jpg
She's doesn't look so healthy, but compared to ithers she is very healthy. She was lucky to inherit the healthy genes of her father who lived to be 43, a very rare age. Hope is 5'3". Her skin is a little gray like everyone else. She has big smokey blue color eyes. She wears clothing with an old extinct or endagered animal on her shirt showing people, that their is still a bit of Hope of what they can do. She wears long jeans. She has brown wavey hair to her shoulders. She usually leaves down.

Brief Background: Hope was born in an average family. She lives in a small village with grey skies and darkness all around. Her mother worked at the theater as an actress. One of the few left to cheer people up. Her father a mechanic that just recently dies. Hope went to school till she was 10, then she had to leave and search for a job and start a family. they started doing that at a young age because of the life expectancy. She works at the theater her mother works at. She does back stage, and sometimes acts hersef. She is very athletic because her father pushed her to be athletic. Her younger sister grew sick all of a sudden. She is to stay in side with an air tabk. She had the closet normal skin color as possible in her family, however at age 9, the doctor doesn't think she'll live to be 11. Then Hope's father death really put an impact on their family. Hope wishes to start a family soon, so she continue one of the healthier family genes on. She can read and write. She is very smart. She learned all about the sacred book. Hope can also play gutar and sing.

Theme Song [optiona]:YouTube - Your Guardian Angel-- I kind of based Hope's history/ life style on this song

Other: I feel like doing something diffrent with random pictures off the internet. You don't have to look at these, but it shows a little more of Hope's life.

Hope's Home Village-- http://www.callofduty4.nl/screens/village.JPG

Hope's mother-- http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/xoxoskittlez/AnimeWoman-1.jpg

Hope's little sister-- http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/H/HaganeNoEdo/1127706182_turesabuse.jpg

Hope's Father-- http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/toxic_darkness_1990/anime-27.jpg-- Dark smokey blue eyes though

Hope's House-- http://www.animationplayhouse.com/haunt.gif-- without the pumpkins though.

The Theater Hope and her mother work at-- http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/plastorm/Newmark_Theatre_Portland.jpg

The Factory Hope's Father works at-- http://us.codelyoko.com/dynFile/us/ill2/80.jpg-- Darker put though, alot darker

Hope's sister's doctor-- http://www.freewebs.com/usagianimedarkness/doctor_roses.jpg

Ok now I'm done. You really don't have to look at them.

Last edited:

Dark Philosopher

Name: Anastasia.

Weapon(s)
: A long bow of great quality for the current state of the world, it's delicately carved and made of oak, a precious resource in the polluted lands of the current age.

Appearance:
Anastasia is a young girl with ashen skin, her hair is long, flowing past her waist, and is roughly cut, though moderately clean. Her eyes are a crisp green, and seem to lack the warmth that normally one might expect to see there. She wears rough cloth clothing, a dull gray, a simple pair of pants and a long sleeved shirt, over this is a heavy brown robe. She wears no shoes, and a primitive tattoo in the shape of a four pointed star can be seen on her ankle. A burn mark of the same shape can be seen branded into the back of her right hand, and were she to remove her clothes, another burn in the same shape could be seen on her back. She seems afraid, timid, keeping herself wrapped deeply in the her robe, the hood drawn, yet she does not seem like the kind of person that would be easy to exploit. She is like an animal backed into a corner.

Brief Background: Orphaned before she even knew her parents, (like many children born in this age) Anastasia, who has no last name, was found by a hysteric cult while she was still very young. The cult, calling themselves "The Ravaged Dawn" are a group of dark religious people, who hold Terra Aparattus to be the only light in a forsaken land. Known for their brutal, and violent rituals to appease the forces behind the book, the cult takes the book in it's literal meaning of anti-technology. Anastasia, held captive by the cult, quickly became their sacrifice, she was beaten for their dark rituals, branded with the cult's symbol, abused and brainwashed into thinking that the book held the only truth, and that her suffering was the will of the cosmos, a necessity for the good of all people, she quickly became lost in the dark mysticism of the Dawn.

Trained to kill without mercy, and shoot a longbow, (one of which, the cult found long ago) she was sent out, an obedient scapegoat, to hunt down and kill those who would spread lies about the meaning of the book, and use it for anything other than worship. Blinded by lies and stalked by nightmares of her abuse and beatings, she set out alone to do the The Ravaged Dawn's will.

Theme Song [optional]: Youtube -System of a Down - Spiders

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Oh, I see how it is. The world's ending, and you still make it so that the english speaking people are the ones that are making it in the world. My cousine has been working his whole life, and I think that you shouldn't discriminate based on the language someone speaks. <3

I'll have a template up later.

Discriminate? Maybe I just wanted to emphasize on how tiny and closed-minded the human population is and seeing as how this is a dominately English-speaking forum, I chose English. You know what, screw it. *throws hands in the air* FROM NOW ON, WE'RE ONLY SPEAKING SPANISH. WISH WILL SUCK FOR ME COS I ONLY KNOW "HOLA". No joke...anyway...

Star Light, I am afraid that your character does not fit the setting of the RP very well, and as such, I cannot accept you. However, your effort and interest was much-appreciated.

Suzaku, I am flattered. And no, there isn't a written limit, but if we start to get crowded, I'll probably bottle-neck the number of people getting accepted.

Alright, as for the rest of you, I look forward to your templates. But please remember to keep them as literate and true to the first post as possible. Once you submit a final template, I will not ask you to edit anything that is incorrect. If you think your template might look done but is not, in fact, finished, please indicate so with "EDITING" or whatever to avoid confusion. : D

Oh, and The King, it's up to you. I don't really need anyone to play that sort of character, but I don't want to limit creativity. Just be sure to check your spelling and grammar and stuff for your template, okay?

Last edited:

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
Name: "Shift."

Weapon(s): It has filed it's teeth into razor sharp fangs; it's nails, while chipped and yellowed, are more than capable of tearing flesh.

Appearance: Shift is androgynous in every sense of the word; it has neither male nor female genitalia, and it is unknown how it expels waste. It is morbidly obese, and it's skin is the color of rain - what appear to be rough scales appear in patches all around it's body. Shift does not wear clothes, but does adorn itself with small tokens taken from the bodies of those it has felled, like a necklace strung with bloodied teeth. It stands at about five feet and five inches, and it's eyes are as black as coal throughout. Shift's hair is dark, with shocks of gray, and it is long and frizzed. It's mouth is a pair of chapped, gray, knife-thin lips, and it's tongue is long and forked.

Brief Background: It is said that in some long forgotten village, within a small worn shack, a thing was conceived from the belly of one of the last of the sickly cattle that had survived since the previous winter. The thing was hideous; a gray and putrid mass of flesh and bone, who's wail reminded any who heard it of the sound of heaving.

Needless to say, this thing, this abomination, was rejected by the town, and placed out in the wastes to be taken by the harsh wilderness. Those in the village did not speak of it again. Years passed, and a child of the village said that while walking, it had seen a fat, ugly creature feasting upon the corpse of a criminal that had been cast out only days before. Soon after, people began to talk of hunting down this creature, for surely that is what the Book would bid them to do. They grabbed torches and crude weapons, and marched out into the wastes to end this nightmare.

But the nightmare ended them.

Shift, be it by the will of the powers that be or merely the luck of being born feral and cunning, has survived for much longer than any creature on Earth could now boast. It travels from place to place, and wherever it goes, fear and death follow it. It does not kill for entertainment, nor sexual pleasure, for it desires neither; it kills those who oppose it, and it kills when it is hungry. Shift despises the Book and those who preach it's word despair at it's arrival.

Theme Song [optional]: YouTube - Silent Hill 3 - Memory Of The Waters

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Mostly, there was a conflict in setting between your character and the one described in the original description of the RP. The society in this RP is a very primitive one and the highest standard of living revolves simply around the Book. The rest is just survival...no theaters, actresses, guitars, etc.

Archetype, you're in. I must say, that is probably the most interesting character I've ever seen in one of my RPs. I look forward to roleplaying with you. XD

Wicked

absurdiam
The edit isn't very good so I understand if I don't get a place.

Name: Christopher Timmins.

Weapon(s): Weapons never really interested Christopher, growing up in a Christian family. No guns, but Christopher does carry a small knife, pacifically for defense prepossess and hopes he’ll never be faced with the situation to use it for that reason.

Appearance: Christopher skin is almost ghost-like which – compared to the rest of the village – is one thing different to other people around his age. His hair is dark brown and appears unwashed, this is caused by the unnatural amount of pollution that stalks the skies. His clothes aren’t much, but are excepted. Like most people, they are rugged and uncleaned. The only thing of any value that he owns, is a tight gold bracelet around his wrist.

Brief Background: Due to pollution, Christopher has spent many years as a child in the care of a medic. Caring for his every need, the medic found the cause for his sickness is from the water. You couldn’t really call it water, it was green almost and didn’t show any hint of cleanliness. Years past and still, Christopher had been is bed, unable to move, the doctors would say that he only had days to live. But, hope was on his side when the virus had stopped and slowly, Christopher recovered.

After that, since 16, Christopher has been taught to work, sleep and then work. Earning money for his poor family when the virus took hold of his mother. His father soon followed in death and his brother was bedridden. Christopher was helpless, and thought that he would be better of in bed. His only string of life left was his bother.

Soon after, he came across information of a book, “The Book”. He didn’t know much about it, apparently it was just religious belief but to Christopher, it was much more.

Theme Song: Listen to the Rain - Evanescence

Last edited:

DarkHeart63

Hmm, this looks pretty interesting!
Reckon you could save me a spot? I'm in a lesson, so I'm probably not gonna finish my template on time.

Name
Hied.

Weapon(s)
Hied always carries with him some kind of melle weapon, but it's usually a baseball bat. He also has a gun he found in the ruins of a derelict building near his village, but keeps it hidden from his family.

Appearance
As a cause of the radiation that is strife in the air, Hied's hair is strange- one half of it is a normal kind of brown, but there is a straight split down the middle where the right side of his hair is green. This is also the same with his eye colour, as one of them is blue while the other is yellow.
Hied is just under 6 foot, and is rather thin (this is because he starves himself so that the rest of his family can eat more, but he still manages to survive. He wears a torn pair of jeans that have half a leg missing, and a red t-shirt with a tear right down the middle of the back.

Brief Background
Even before he was born, Hied's family were poverty stricken- they came from an extremely poor village, and even then they wrere one of the worse off families that lived there. Because of this, Hied usually wakes up every morning under the same roof as any of his (still living) family members. Siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles- if they're related to him, they live with him.
Once he got a little older, Hied learned of this "Terra Aparattus" that could apparently lead his family out of the state they were in. Obviously, Hied was thrilled to know of this, but his father soon burst his bubble of excitement. Hied's dad told him that he believed those higher up than their own family were simply lying to try and keep them hoping for an answer, while the richer ones lived lives of "luxury" (whatever luxury was to be considered).
As per usual with the law, once the hgiher-ups found out about Hied's father questioning the truth, he was executed. Hied was still only ten, so this affected him greatly. Whether that's for better or worse, however, can be aruged- Hied quickly took on the role as a father figure for the rest of his family, even putting his own life at risk to try and help them.
After five years of this, Hied stumbled upon an old building with a strange mechanism inside of it. With what little reading skill he had, he researched that it was a "GUN", and once he learned how to use it started to train daily. He eventually got quite a good shot, but knew of the potential that a "GUN" had. Not wanting his family to know he was capable of death, Hied hid it away in his room.
Once he reached 18, Hied's mother insisted he take all the money they'd manage to find, however the small the fund was, and leave for a life of his own. Hied didn't want this to be a burden for his family, but after much persuasion he eventually left. Not forgetting his father's words to him, Hied took the "GUN" with him to learn the truth about the Terra Aparattus.

Theme Song
Muse - Invincible

Last edited:

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Yes indeedy feed the needy?

Name: Alexandre Carson

Weapon(s): Alexandre wields a thick hand and a half sword, with the blade extending roughly three feet four inches from the hilt, which is large enough to be used with two hands but small enough to be used with one. The blade is thick enough that it can hack its way through many materials, but this comes with a price; it is rather heavy, and difficult to use in tight corners. Because of that fact, Alexandre also carries a small pistol with him. The specs for the pistol are:
• Four inch barrel.
• Weighs roughly 453 grams.
• The clips hold roughly nine bullets.
• The handle has been modified to fit Alexandre’s hand, and has a small knife hidden in the base.

Appearance: Alexandre, like many people during these difficult times, is composed mainly of lean muscle, and he looks slightly emaciated. Fortunately, as the only son of a widower, he has access to more food than most people. That means that while Alexandre would seem to be extremely ‘fit’ and lean by today’s standards, in TA he is the equivalent of a wrestler. This is helped by his height; a slightly tall 6’1”.

Aesthetically, Alexandre is pleasing without being overbearing. His most notable feature would have to be his near perfect symmetry; for almost any blemish, placement, or mark on his body, Alexandre has a matching mark on the other side. This is not the result of magic, but it is certainly disconcerting; for all intents and purposes, Alexandre is the ‘perfect’ human male, as non-symmetry is what makes most people unattractive. He is also proportionate, only having slightly close-set eyes and a barely-too-long nose. Those eyes are a deep blue mixed with the slightest flecks of green; they are reminiscent of a chlorine-filled glacier.

Alexandre’s hair is medium length and layered, typically parting just before it gets into his eyes. Mainly blonde, Alexandre’s hair is already starting to show a couple of grey strands, showing just how old he really is. As for attire, Alexandre dresses as someone that has been slightly…touched would. His black jeans are tight at the top and baggy towards the middle, and then get progressively tighter until the end. Covering his chest is a tight light blue tee shirt, atop of which is an odd assortment of pauldron and belts, supposedly to prove a modicum of protection. The belts are tough leather with iron buckles; the pauldron is steel, covering his shoulder and part of his right arm. When more protection is needed, Alexandre wears a long coat that has bronze and iron sewn in carefully to the sides; they are designed in such a way to cushion and prevent blows without being over-bearingly heavy.

Brief Background: Alexandre was born to a man that was more wealthy than any during his time. No, he wasn’t a mob leader, or murderer, or any type of soldier. Alexandre’s father was someone much more important; he was a farmer. Growing his own crops on his fertile land, Alexandre’s father managed to provide enough food for his (shortened) family, and raise his son to be as healthy as possible.

Jump forward five years. Alexandre is now fifteen, and he wants to set off on his own. Grabbing a weapon and heading into the wasteland, Alexandre pretended to lay waste to imaginary forces. After the fifth or sixth time this happened, Alexandre managed to cut himself with the sword, leaving a thin scar on his right arm. Hiding the injury from his father, it soon became infected, and needed to be dealt with. Unfortunately, the doctors could think of only one thing to do:

They wanted to amputate. Deciding against this, Alexandre took a flame to his arm and burned out the infection, and then instantly placed as much balm and pain-killing liquid as possible on his arm. Becoming a career wanderer, Alexandre to this day has not regained feeling in that part of his arm, so he has to be extra careful with that arm. It was in his wanderings that he heard of the Terra Apparatus, a book that would help everyone improve their lives.

Stifling the urge to grab his sword and set out alone, Alexandre began to wait for signs of other enlightened individuals; together, they would improve life.

Theme Song [optional]: Escape the Fate- There’s No Sympathy for the Dead, Mayday Parade- Take This To Heart

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
I finally did it, Tobsy. Ta-da?

Name
Blue

Blue thinks she's eighteen, but that's just a safe number, because she doesn't know the truth. She could be seventeen, or twenty, but why quibble over a year or two? Eighteen works as well as any.

Weapons
Blue has a curved machete with a nicked blade, as well as a bowie knife in a battlered leather sheath that she usually keeps out of sight in her tall right boot. That's all she owns, though in the few times she's picked up anything resembling a gun, she's known to have a good arm.

Appearance
Blue is only 5'3, and looks as though she hasn't seen a good square meal in years. She doesn't appear overly fragile, though; there's a sort of wiry strength to her strange delicacy, as if she could fight tooth and nail for every thin scrap of life her body's been given.

Like most people in this dim world, she has very fair skin, with not even the faintest blush to her cheeks, and and pale heart-shaped lips. This is offset by her eyes, which are a brilliant cerulean blue, made even brighter by the lack of color anywhere else on her. Her hair is soft and feathers around her face, touching her shoulders. Like her eyes, her hair is also rather extraordinary, this time for the opposite reason: beyond platinum blonde, it is completely white. No one knows why, whether its due to faulty genes or some early illness that she miraculously survived.

As for her clothes, they're barely worth mentioning, hand-me-down things salvaged from becoming rags. She dresses in layers to make up for poor material; a tank top under a see-through-thin long sleeved shirt, something that might be a skirt hanging raggedly over baggy pants, mismatched boots.

Whatever she wears, though, it's always black: if asked Blue will tell you she only wears mourning colors.

Under her clothes, Blue has a few dozen scars, relics of her years growing up in a slum where you had to fight for everything you got, sometimes to the death. Most are small and pale, but a few are quite ugly. She has one that cuts across the corner of her right eyebrow, but it's usually hidden by her hair.

Brief Background
Blue has no real home, and no family to speak of. For a long while, she didn't even have a name: whoever her parents or guardians were, they never saw fit to tell anyone what she was called, if they did call her anything to begin with. Her earliest memories hold no sense of self identity, and consist of daily struggles in a very bad slum. She attracted sympathy from and early age: even with her hair tangled and her face smudged, adults were always drawn to her angelic appearance. This was what probably kept her alive during the years when she was too young to take care of herself, since no one else was looking after her.

Truth be told, she was given a lot of names, pet names, by the people who gave the "sweet little orphan girl" an old coat or a piece of bread. But these were more labels than names, she understood even then, and didn't take to any- or anyone, for that matter.

When she was nine, she finally settled on giving herself a name- and chose Blue, because of, you guessed it, her eyes. Not very creative, but there's not a lot of creativity going on in an abandoned building whose right to find a corner to curl up in you had to fight for. Her eyes, some people have wistfully said, are the color sky and water is supposed to be, so she thought 'Blue' as good a name as any. For her, it represents the hope she still has in this world.

Blue knows how to read- not spectacularly, but it's more than most can say. Writing is a different matter, as she's never had anything more than a stick in the dirt and her memory to practice on. She learns by watching, and listening. It's easy to be invisible to others when you're as unimportant as Blue is. Her small knowledge is a very well-kept secret, as no one else knows. Not that it's hard to keep a secret when you have so few people you would tell it to.

Despite all she's seen, despite all the tragedy and poverty and sickness and endlessly gray skies, Blue believes in the beauty of life- that there is always some light out there, whether you can see it or not. While not a happy little ray of sunshine, she is nevertheless an eternal optimist, and an idealist as well. Whether it's humanity's fault or not, she pities her race and what has been done to the world ... and she wants to change it.

Theme Song
Contact - Falling Up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back