• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Teen Titans Go!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Teen Titans Go! (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so it seems that there is a new series of Teen Titans coming out this year, I was a huge fan of the original Teen Titans on Cartoon Network, so I'm going to give this new one a chance. It looks a bit different than the previous one. It seems like it will be about the Teen Titans dealing with Drivers Ed, or just teen stuff seems interesting.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'll pass. I liked the original teen titans, but this looks way too childish. Also there's the fact that it's sort of a replacement to young justice. It just seems that CN is giving us a big middle finger by cancelling one of the greatest dc animated series and giving us this in its place.

PhantomSoD

Personally I don't like the idea. Considering where the original run of this series left off, to just have them come back in what is essentially a comedy no less just seems odd. It seems like DC just wanted something that is cheaper to animate and easier to write that will probably generate more money from selling the merchandise to young kids. rather than focusing on something that creates a worthwhile experience for the fans through real character development and an interesting plot

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If your going to bring TT back, then at least have it continue were it last ended. Resolve the Terra subplot.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If your going to bring TT back, then at least have it continue were it last ended. Resolve the Terra subplot.

it's completely unrelated. it's a comedy series with the same charactors and actors, but a different cartoon network has a different themed series.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
They want to focus primarily on comedy cartoons right now so of course they're not making it a sequel.

I know, i meant if TT had to come back, then it should have its original style
Animation style? For starters that would probably confuse people. Secondly, the chibi animation is obviously for cheap humor.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
They want to focus primarily on comedy cartoons right now so of course they're not making it a sequel.

Animation style? For starters that would probably confuse people. Secondly, the chibi animation is obviously for cheap humor.

Didnt mean animation style, i meant tone, quality, and plot

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Didnt mean animation style, i meant tone, quality, and plot
While I would also prefer TT to return in that capacity as opposed to this, they want to focus on a purely light-hearted comedic version instead.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Honestly, outside the Terra sub-plot and the weird monster from the final episode, there really wasn't much from the original series that was unresolved, so there wouldn't really be anywhere to go for another season. They've already saved the whole world from a demon apocalypse and stopped a huge team up of super villains across the globe, so I can't think of anything they could do besides introducing the older heroes (something the creators actively avoided all together). So, I'm willing to give character based comedy a chance, since I really enjoyed the shorts. I'm just going to have to ignore the fact that this is basically the replacement for YJ

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly, outside the Terra sub-plot and the weird monster from the final episode, there really wasn't much from the original series that was unresolved, so there wouldn't really be anywhere to go for another season. They've already saved the whole world from a demon apocalypse and stopped a huge team up of super villains across the globe, so I can't think of anything they could do besides introducing the older heroes (something the creators actively avoided all together). So, I'm willing to give character based comedy a chance, since I really enjoyed the shorts. I'm just going to have to ignore the fact that this is basically the replacement for YJ

I have a feeling that if TTG wasnt basically a replacement to YJ, that fans would be far less hostile towards it. I just read some of the youtube comments for the first commerical of TTG, so many people are pissed.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
terra not a subplot but a major arc, and the most notable of the teen titans history

mabey the show will be like rock lee and his ninja pals

Last edited:

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I also would like to point out that TTG is still aimed at the same audience as the original. TT was aimed toward the 6-8 age group, because at the time, CN had JL/JLU as well as lots of other shows/anime that had the 9-14 and older audiences, that weren't gelling as well with younger kids. So they aimed TT at the younger kids, and just happened to catch a lot of the older fanbase with it

Gram

Banned
Awards
K.Smith

Can someone give me something to bang my head against?

tumblr_inline_mht7anBCjy1qz4rgp.gif

diddly this shit I'm done.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I think they're going for sitcom stereotypes. Their profiles make it all too apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back