• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sword Art Online: Recurrence/Rebirth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
My god this is fun...I thought as I parried another attack from the shade. He may have had the advantage of offensive speed, but I had the skill and defence to predict and parry most of his attacks. But thing is this was a shade who resembled a human so as anticipated he had access to sword skills. And those were tough to parry unless I used one myself. I eventually found a chink in his furious offensive armour. He left a brief opening and I sliced at his wrist with quickdraw swipe and knocked his sword away with a diagonal slash then I twisted and as he focused on his sword being knocked away I tripped him up with a quick sweep then flipped backward as I cartwheeled my sword then spun in the opposite direction putting my free hand on the pommel of my sword and stabbed the sword into the gut of the shade. I plunged him into the ground and I saw that sword skill combo had knocked him down a good chunk... but as he rose the blade I had knocked away reappeared in his hands and a second sword appeared at his back... he drew the second and I gritted my teeth... "Now the real fight begins... MP3 sync, Black stones, Rose."

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Logging Out.

Emerald hadn't been offline in... 10 hours!? His clock read 8:30 pm. Without any further hindrance, Emerald put on a black button up and ran out his room. His apartment was small, so he made his way out the front door and off to his dinner date. The date was in an old diner. They sold baked goods for all hours. He was supposed to be meeting one of his old RP buddies. The MMO had distracted him from all his old favorites. She was a cute girl. Blonde hair, curls, smooth face, but what Emerald liked the most was her legs. They were perfectly tanned with the rest of her body and were seemingly always showing. Online or not. When he got there it was pushing on 9 o'clock. He saw her sitting at the bar eating the most delicious looking ice cream he had ever set his eyes on. He couldn't help but lose another couple of minutes to staring at her beautifully large red eyes, but then rushed into the diner to say hey.

"Hey!"
"Hi! Oooh! I thought you weren't gonna show!"

With a closer look, she had tears in her eyes. She was just talking with the bartender, maybe they were really hitting it off. She had gotten up to rush in for the hug, and did so, but shortly after embracing Emerald switched her entire disposition off instinct, "Didn't your parents teach you not to leave a girl waiting. I was starting to think that you were gonna SAO your way into the friendzone."

"Hahaha... Wait what!?"
"Just saaayinnng."
"No wait what does that even mean? Are we like... <.<|>.>... =.= A couple?"
"Yes!"
"Hmm... I was wondering why such extravagant ice cream. Usually you'd get the regular flaccid milkshake. Maybe a muffin to go with."
"I know! But... Today something awesome happened."
"Yeah? What?"
"I met a band of thieves!"
"No way! Where at?"
"SAO Floor 5."
"Gosh... Undderground still at it?"
"Yeah! With the climb getting higher and higher, many of the newbs started to move their stuff up, and lately, that's been all the hype. It's crazy how fast word gets around."
"Yeah I bet. I would have thought you meant in Onigiri."
"Hahaha yeah, but sssSOMEone forgot to log in for three days straight and I got restless, so... I'm a newly confirmed Sword Art Online official!"
*Starts applauding* "Ayyy! Thats my girl. So... Whats so big about the thieves?"
"Well, like I said the newbs that move have been leaving high traffic shop spots open, an this guild is basically preying on that. Though not the worst of their actions, they charge you more than average for quite nifty tools. Still! The big issue is what they're doing with other items that aren't so average! They take materials and make mock versions of rare items, like the Legendary Kirito's famous black jacket, and make the required level for them outrageously out of your reach."
"Hm. Like 5 to 20?"
"Yes! But it gets worst! Not only does it take a ridiculous amount of time to get to these levels just to equip the armor, which, by then, you more then likely have sold it, or grown tired from it taking up your inventory space, but once you do equip it the items stats are completely for show and your account gets raided! I've never seen something so illustrious."
"Sounds terrible. Fake novelty items, with exquisite properties, turning out to be fakes and completely leaving you and who knows what else completely vulnerable. Are they new to SAO?"
"Seems like it. The only people who really know about it are their victims and people below Floor 10. As of this morning I heard that they got somebody with some type of pet. Said it would grant the owner a force field that-"
"Yeah yeah. Two muffins! Blueberry!"
"... -.-"
">.> What?"
"Nothing. Just thinking about how you cut me off!" *Throws napkin at him*
"Ahh hahaha I was just joking. Keep going."
"Hmph." *Pouty face* "Anyways! The force field was a complete bluff and the pet ended up being some amateur virus, Rick Rolled'em, and the guys SAO account? Completely wiped from the databanks. His email even had troubles re-registering! It was all over the forums."

Emerald took another bite into his muffin and continued listening to his new girlfriend Kelly speak. She had a soft tone to her obnoxious roar. A gentle mix between a cougar and a Lamborghini. Yet still... Bearable. The night almost whizzed by with the heated conversation. It had been a minute since Emerald had dealings with the Black market. Let alone any type of online hacking. This took the cake by far. Kelly was roaring about how she couldn't trust shop keeps for the rest of her SAO career, thanks to a few thieves. It kind of irked Emeralds nerves to see his newly acclaimed girlfriend fuss so much. They were walking along a sidewalk, not to far from a streaming sewage line. As awkward as it seemed, the smell wasn't to bad. Emerald took the last bite out of his muffin, tossing it into a trash bin, and tackling Kelly onto the grassy slope leading towards the water. She laughed and tussled back, ending up on top. Emerald laid there staring into her eyes, while gazing up at the stars. Then boredom kicked in. His first thought. SAO

Shinra

Banned
Awards
This was truly down to the wire... I had just downed my last potion. I had nothing left in my bag of tricks to evade or counter the shade... But I had knocked him down to less than 500 health... If I could nail him with one more combo I would succeed. But then I realized I had one last ditch effort... I could distract him with my new sword skill which would place me behind him and then I could use the sweep-shoryu into phoenix charge combo again... But would it be enough? He with both his blades could counter the combo because it was an adaptive AI, I could tell because I had to mete out damage in increments with unpredictable strategies and combos all battle.

Then I knew... I had to engage him, disarm him of one of his swords, then finish him off with the combo... I charged one last time at the shade and when we engaged he slashed horizontally and I stopped it with my own blade I forced it down to the ground but then I saw the other arm coming with overhead strike. I stopped it by grabbing the shade's wrist with my free hand and then glared into the blood red eyes of the shade. I applied pressure to the wrist my hand was holding and forced it down making the foe drop his sword but his other sword had slid out and he tried to stab me... I backstepped and sheathed my blade and my eyes closed. "Quickdraw... Zantetsu." I sprung forward and dashed past him... He tried to stop me but I was already behind him. But then my phoenix blade shattered in my grip. No matter... I spun around triggering quickdraw swipe with my sheathed blade hitting him horizontally across the back followed by two diagonal and one vertical slash. The shade fell to it's knees and shattered upon it's defeat. But I saw that the sword I had disarmed him of earlier hadn't shattered with him... It must've been a rare drop. I walked over to the sword and picked it up. It was similar in colouration to my phoenix blade only this one was more of a complex design. The pommel was decorated with tassels of blue and so I opened up the information window on it and it was known as Undying Fate. It blew the stats of my phoenix blade out of the water so I sheathed it, put it on my belt and teleported out...

LatinoHeat90

I laid there. in my bed, staring at the ceiling. There was nothing interesting about the ceiling but I found myself studying the paint lines and the strokes of whomever had painted it. They had done a fine job. I looked at the answering machine seeing the machine with a red one on it. It was Daphne's message. A message that brought back everything I wanted to forget. The time I had spent with her, my failure, the feeling that I still have but want to push away. I turned back to the ceiling and again started to follow the brush strokes. I needed to think of something else. If I didn't have work I would just jump on SOA... that was something.

The past couple of nights had been something else. I had to be part of a party to fight the boss, it was a floor requirement. I hated the idea at first but by a series of events I had actually become a member of a party, well, really two parties because we had so many players. The fight was great. Everyone had their role and played it well. Being a tank class I just had to take the brunt of it as the others dealt most of the damage. It was tough but we did it and the floor was cleared. Afterward we all exchanged some information so we could keep in contact and chatted about what we would be off doing next. I didn't talk much. I was happy but I wasn't sure if I would reach out to try to play with them again. It's just how I am. If they contact me then I would tag along but.... well, it's just I don't want to contact someone and they don't want to party up. I don't want to annoy anyone. And the fact that Laughing Coffin had threatened me earlier that day I didn't want to hang around for too long. I could feel a depression coming on. It was time to get up and move around.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was ready to go. Got cleaned up and ate some cereal. Time to head to Ned's Cafe. I started for the door when I stopped abruptly. I looked at the phone and answering machine. I needed to take care of it now or it would be waiting for me when I got home. I walked to the machine and timidly hit the play button. The messaged played and the flurry of emotion hit me again.

"Hay, Carlos, it's Daphne. Sorry to call you out of the blue like this but I was thinking of you. How are you? I mean it has been so long and we haven't talked since...well... high school I guess. Uh, I hope you don't mind but I asked your mom for your number. She said you are well but she doesn't see you often.

Hearing it a second time though I wasn't floored like last time. I took done her contact information and quickly erased the message. Why was I even writing this down? I'm not going to contact her. Something deep down to me I would regret not keeping the info though. I put the paper in my back pocket and headed out the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if this job was terrible, which it wasn't, it would be worth keeping for the music the Crystal and Zoey play. From time to time cleaning tables would become mechanical, my body moving on it's own, while my mind was lost in their music. I still didn't really know what my role was at Ned's Cafe. Max was off and he was the one barking orders at me so I just had to go to Ned for suggestions. The guy could be so passive though. I would just take orders and bus the tables. Alex wasn't afraid to tell me what to do so I would have to cook when needed and learn how to make some of the fancy coffee drinks. It was getting kinda busy and since I was still not sure how to do everything I was a little stressed.

I took a fifteen a couple of hours after getting there. I sat on a milk crate behind the shop and starting surfing the web on my phone. I went to a couple of SAO forums and everyone was talking about the announcement and fireworks there were going to go on at midnight. I forgot it was July 3rd and that tomorrow was the fought of July. It sounded like being log on for the announcement was mandatory if you were participating in the tournament. I was planning on being on anyway. I rarely miss a night of SAO.

It was time to get go back in and keep at it. I turned my phone on silent closed out of the web page. Heading in there was no music. They must have been taking a break. I also saw that Max was there, his face still a mess from the fight he had got in. He did look better than before.

I went behind the counter and grab the small notepad. "Max, do you want anything?"

Peace

Awards
Following fixing himself some bacon and eggs the next morning (because sometimes you crave the flesh of the unborn), Saito is in his apartment stepping into his sneakers donned in a sleeveless shirt and shorts. As he went through his usual morning routine, he was humming Destiny's Play, a sign that he was in a good mood. Fantastic even, caused by his talk with Crystal last night. Despite his moment of stupidity at the end of the call.

While he was walking down the semi-exposed balcony that formed the hallway to his apartment complex, a voice rang out
"Hey, Saito." He turned around to see one of his neighbors Bridget waving at him. "Going out for a jog?" She asked letting her arm down.

"Yeah," the red-eyed lad answered shortly as he walked further from her and raised his hands to put his ear buds on.

"Mind if I come with a bit?" She questioned which made him stop.

After taking a few seconds to think about it, Saito answered, "Sorry. Not today," before he set his phone to shuffle and started his run. He usually jogs to get himself some exercise, but today he also wanted to sort his thoughts out. Most of those thoughts consisted of some variation of Uggggh, I can't believe I did that. Or I thought I broke that stupid habit. Both while suppressing the urge to stop to ram his head into a wall.

But he had other thoughts as well. But these ones are smothering his good mood. Why did I take up Professor Murphy on this offer? He probably only did it to do his friend a solid, he commented bitterly to himself in hindsight. That thought lead to, Maybe I should just quit if I'm so miserable there. I freaking hate desk work. I need to move around, dammit!

As he came to a stop at a crosswalk, a possibility came to mind. I wonder if I could ask Gramma and Grampa if I could work for them on the farm. I'm sure they could use the help. Plus they and Bucky would like to see me again. Come to think of it, I should give them a call.

When he jogged across the street, he stopped to rest. In accordance with his annoyance towards himself and his lifestyle, he was pushing harder than usual. One can see this as a way of punishing himself. He looked around and thought Wait. Where am I?

He was so bothered by what happened last night and so lost in his thoughts that he ran a couple of kilometers more than usual without noticing it. What's more is that he traveled way past his destination.

"Shit!"

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Emerald had finished his muffins and the vibe had settled down between him and Kelly...

tumblr_mghtsdHp1o1qhxf8bo1_500.gif

Kelly sat up and answered back, "Well if you could make a living off of it."

Her mopy disposition caused Emerald to look at her sulking face. He said, "No... Just... You know how you look for something to make your time worth while? Sometimes you run into treasures like you, or SAO, but..." Emerald launched upright, "I just can't get this game out of my head! It's like... When I'm here. I long to be there, but when I'm there all the things I miss about real life just fade. I can get them all right in the game. From the simple things, like muffins or steaks," Emerald gently flicked her nose to brighten her lost expression. Her amusing blush inspired him to continue, "Or complex things like relationships. Either way, I can find the best of both worlds in a fantasy land that renders an explorative terrain that feels worthwhile. Unlike most of realities feats. Even now I would much rather be there, shaaring my heart with you, then here..."

Awkwar silence... Kelly states, "Then lets go! ;)"

Peace

Awards
A rain of blows can be heard in the downstairs section of a gym where Saito is hitting a punching bag. Barely ten feet away from it is a boxing ring where a couple of guys are honing their own fighting styles.

Saito practiced on the bag hanging from the ceiling picturing an opponent. A right jab was followed by a left hook. He sidestepped to the right to perform a sweeping kick. He kicked off the ground to deliver a full power uppercut. His right fist rested on the bag while he panted.

"You look like you're having fun," One of the boxers commented while leaning on the ropes.

"Do you want something or not?" Saito asked as he grabbed a bottle of water from his duffle bag.

"Do ya wanna go a couple of rounds with me?" he asked, pointing to the ring.

Saito took a swig from his water while looking him up. He seems like a nice enough guy, he thought after looking at his honest face. He put his water down and replied, "Fine. I'm no boxer"

A playful thought went across his mind and he immediately suggested, "Why don't we make this interestin'?" He went back to his bag to get some money and said, "Twenty bucks says you can't make me use my left hand."

"You're on," he said excitedly before taking a corner.

The red-eyed Irishman took to the opposite corner and thought at the guy who's name he didn't catch, You better make this fun.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
"Max, do you want anything?"Carlos asked me as I sat at a small table in the shop.

I grabbed a napkin and scribbled a phone number on it that I then promptly slid across the table to Carlos. "Call this phone number, and tell them that we need more special sauce. Now the woman that answers is going to give you a hard time, she might even pretend she doesn't know what your talking about, but just be persistent and you'll be fine." I looked around real quick then leaned towards Carlos to speak in a hushed tone. "Just letting you in on a little secret, she does this to haze all the newbies. Now show her what you've got and get us that special sauce, Pilgrim!"

There was no special sauce. There was no woman to order it from. This didn't happen everytime, it was happening to him and only him. Max On His Day Off strikes! One more to go.

I glanced over and watched as Zoey and Crystal performed while I made my way to the counter. Zoey and I had a date tomorrow, and I could not wait! What would she wear? What should I wear? If I dress too fancy, it might freak her out. Not fancy enough, and she might think I don't care... She moved her arms with her instrument to the music, and I watched the gradual flow of her motions, her facial features changing as she played, I-

And then I tripped over a chair.

I stood up quick and DID NOT dare look in Zoey's direction for fear she saw. Leaving the chair, I made my way quickly over to the counter.

Okay, time to do what I came here to do. Alex's order sheets were pinned up with what customer's orders she should make next. I looked into the kitchen real quick and watched as she cooked, and I grabbed a sandwich order. Tuna salad with lettuce. I pulled out my handy dandy pen and changed it to Tuna salad with lettuce and special sauce. Max On His Day Off strikes again!

I stood and imagined her reactions. "Special sauce? We don't have special sauce? Is it new?" as one who takes pride in her work, she will try to get to the bottom of it asap. If I'm lucky, she and Carlos will come together and try to figure out special sauce as a team.

Now it was time to face the music (figuratively and literally). I turned and left the counter area to return to my table to listen to the rest of Zoey and Crystal's performance, and hope to god she didn't see me bail.

Mess with Carlos and Alex: Check. Check out Zoey and woo her with my charms:TBD. Log into SAO after this and meet up with everyone for tonight's Midnight 4th of July event: Definitely happening.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
My nerves still had not settled as I entered the calming atmosphere of the cafe... I sighed as I walked up to the counter for my usual. But I was soon disrupted by Max having fallen over. I could barely hold a chortle before I burst out laughing like The Joker. "Oh god Max that was great!" I soon stopped laughing and sighed again as I finished grinning like a fool. I grabbed and paid for my drink before I sat down across from Max. I took a sip of my mocha but my hands were still shaking... The memory still fresh in my head. Then I realised that many of the friends I had made in SAO had an uncanny resemblance to the friends I made here at the cafe... but I soon dismissed the idea because it just seemed so unlikely

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
While I had been working my ass off cooking and doing what has to been done for the customers that comes and goes out of Ned's Cafe, I couldn't hold my excitement to see the special theme for one night only in S.A.O and that was the Fourth of July in which everybody throughout the world came together to celebrate their freedom.

Plus it was a good way to celebrate our victory over the Goblins that we slayed a while back! I grinned stupidly to myself for a bit about it until I felt the vibration of a certain music through the floor. I set down my tools to see what's going on and peered through the large square window. I became surprised to see Crystal and Zoey playing their instruments like it was no tomorrow. I even clapped for them once they completed one song then went back to my work, inspired by their work ethics.

Whistling to myself quietly, I grabbed the next order list for the new customer and was perplexed to see the two words that appeared on the list: Special Sauce.

"What the heck is a special sauce..?" I mumbled to myself as I tried to figure out what that was. I turned to the refrigerator and went through every single bottle we had in stock. Even in a few minutes, I could tell there wasn't any and wondered if we had ran out of it. I started to ask Ned about it until I noticed Carlos being on the phone.

While I wasn't nosy or anything like that, I had this weird feeling like it somehow tied to my 'problem' as it seem to be. Naturally, I looked at his lips closely as I could possibly do and while I missed some of it, one of them popped out: Secret Sauce.

What. The. Hell?

Why do we have the same thing for us and why us? It made me wonder just what could have caused for him and I to have to deal with this. I rubbed my head in annoyance and walked back to my station when a piece of paper fell from the counter close to my feet. Curious as to what secrets it holds, I picked it up like it was a piece of treasure from Indiana Jones films that I so loved to watch from time to time and read it.

I soon recognized the handwriting of Max's because he usually was the one to write down whatever was on his mind other than jobs and whatnot.

"Why did Max write this..?" I wondered to myself as I re-read it again. After like the third time of reading it, I finally noticed it: the name on the note said special sauce and indicted that it had a number of a person who was totally unknown to me.

I became even more confused at this until I looked closer and my instinct told me to check the order list. Following my intuition, I checked it and to my discovery, both notes contained Max's writings on it.

If you ever saw the cartoon where a bull gets red mad when he see anything red, you'd know you were in an angry mood. Well, I'm hopping mad as heck!

I quickly made my way to the window again and looked around for that tricky little mouse that is named Max. After a few second of glancing, I finally found him in the front row sitting on a chair as he watched the girls play their little cute music. I so wanted to kick his skinny little ass around here, but then I had a better idea as it popped in my head as I felt my mouth becoming into a smile.

Oh, sweet little Max.. You want to play that game, huh? Well, one can play along as well!

Quickly as I could, I grabbed Carlos by the hand and a piece of paper as well and wrote out what I had discovered. I didn't know if he had figured it out by then, but I was pretty sure he's a smart guy after talking on the phone for what seemed to be eons. I gave to him along with the plan I had in mind.

If Max wants some Secret Sauce, he was going to get it one way or another!

We both grabbed every bottle like Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise and the likes of it. I even set up the tuna sandwich and while Carlos made Max some nice cup of tea (filled with some odd fragrance in it), I made sure to include all of the favorites in the sandwich and to make it more awesome that I even put a toothpick and stabbed it in the middle of the bread.

I kept my wits as I walked down to Max's table and set it down on his table and smiled while waving to him and the girls. I also winked at Crystal to let her know that I'm loving her music thus far then made my way to Carlos, who was watching as it unfolded.

I could tell this was going to be so good to the point that I just picked up my phone from my pocket and just pretty much went live as me and Carlos stood behind the counter, giggling like a bunch of schoolgirls watching a newbie finding her place around school.

Oh, this is some sweet justice right there! I thought to myself, waiting for the literal fireworks.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
The two musicians were about half way done with their third song when the shaggy haired boy entered the restaurant.
"There he is!" Zoey literally bounced up and down as she whispered to Crystal. Amazingly, her violin playing was not at all disturbed by her actions. Crystal wasn't sure if Zoey had adjusted her playing for those jumps or if she was just lucky. "He's here, Crys! He's here!"
"Yeah, I know, calm down."
"I never learned how to do that," Zoey admitted.
"Don't I know it. Let's just get through this song, yeah?" The song in question was an interpretation of Pachelbel's
Canon in D. They weren't exactly breaking new grounds with this piece, but it's always nice to fall back on an old favorite, especially one that everyone knew. Crystal focused on her music while Zoey watched on as Max made his way around the restaurant and quickly chat with Awkward Guy. Well, Awkward New Guy now since he was an employee. She'd probably have to learn his name at some point. Crystal would most likely forget it the next day regardless. The violinist saw Awkward New Guy scurry off to the back as Max turned towards the stage. Zoey made direct eye contact as she played her instrument. Time seemed to slow itself down, just for the two of them. It almost seemed as if the lighting in the cafe dimmed itself as well, lulling Zoey into a stricken mood she hadn't felt in ages. Her breath caught itself in her throat as a swell of feelings pushed her back like a current of caring turbulence.

Then Max tripped over a chair and ate shit, completely destroying the moment.
"Do not laugh," Crystal warned ominously. Zoey painfully bit her lower lip in an attempt to hold back her laughter. Despite this, her playing was still on-point, impressing Crystal. Though they had played this song so many times it was most likely just muscle memory carrying her at this point. "Think if it was you! Would you want him to laugh at you?" Zoey only shook her head though she continued to bite her lip. She was also having a hard time breathing normally but after a quick, but deep, inhale Zoey managed to sort herself out.

"I'm okay," she whispered.
"Good. I'm proud of you. It was surprisingly mature of you."

"Gee, thanks mom."
"I'm just saying schadenfreude is another word for being a dick." Laughter filled the cafe, though Crystal ignored it as the pair finished off the song, Crystal's piano echoing the last few notes. The cafe's patrons clapped at the performance, though Crystal turned to Zoey. "Alright, I'm kicking you off the stage."
"Uh?!"
"We talked about this, didn't we?"
"Yeah, but! What am I supposed to say!?"
"I don't care."
"Crystal!"
"Just be yourself."
"I can't!"
"Why not?"
"Because myself is an idiot!" Crystal stared at her best friend.
"Well I hope you don't expect me to disagree, because I'm not going to."
"I'm serious, Crys! What do I do?!"
"Look, just go talk to him, alright? If you can't think of anything maybe try to plan out your date or something?"
"Okay...okay, I'll try."
"Git 'em, girl."
"'K!"

As Zoey packed her violin into its pink case, Crystal approached the microphone on the front of the stage.
"Hi! Hope you liked that last piece. It was, of course, Canon in D if you wanted to find it on Youtube or something." Oh snap. We could burn CDs of our covers and sell them here! I'll have to talk to Ned about this later... "Anyway, my partner's going to take a short break but I'm gonna stick around. I wanted to try something different for a while so this seemed like a good opportunity to do it." Crystal picked up the microphone stand and carried it toward the standing piano she was just using. She adjusted the mic's height so it tilted down near her face as she sat on the stool. "I'm not that great of a singer but I've been practicing a bit. I'll be performing this next piece on my own and it's "To Build a Home," by The Cinematic Orchestra. So here we go..."
---
Crystal's first few chords began as Zoey left the stage. She noticed Alex walking back to her work station, though the girl gave Crystal a friendly wink first. Crystal nodded back with a smile as she began the vocals:
"There is a house built out of stone./Wooden floors, walls and window sills."
Zoey quickly made her way to Max's table, whom was watching her bound toward him with a smile. She returned it threefold, sitting happily on the chair opposite of his with a frozen chocolate drink in her hand, noting the sandwich and drink in front of him. Crystal's voice was amplified by her microphone and Zoey dully made out her friend's voice.
"Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust."
"Hey, you! I wasn't sure you'd show up. Glad you did though!"
"This is a place where I don't feel alone."
Zoey placed her elbows on the table before plopping her head between her hands.
"So I was thinking about tomorrow, right? For our, uhh..." her face flashed red as the words came out of her mouth, "for our date?"
"This is a place where I feel at home."
"And I just wanted to tell you that I'm super excited for it. And nervous. But I think it's good nerves? Like positive tension."
"Because...I built a home."
"If it's okay, I was thinking I could bring my violin with me? I don't think I'd be much competition for alive fireworks show, but maybe I can fill in some dead time or something."

"For you."
"But as long as we find a sick spot to watch the fireworks, I don't care either way, really."
"For me."
"And also, I was hoping maybe we could do something the day after?"
"Until it disappeared."
"I know it might be too soon to think about a second date,"
"From me."
"But I guess I'm just really hoping...this goes well for us, I guess?"
"From you."
"I hope I'm not rushing this though. We have like, forever to go through this, huh? No reason to just race past it all!"
"And now. It's time to leave and turn to dust..." Crystal halted her piano playing completely and smiled bashfully. "That last high note hurt my throat more than I thought it would," she admitted, earning a small amount of laughter from the crowd before they clapped once more at her performance, regardless of the fact it was cut short. Zoey joined in, turning in her seat to give her friend a thumbs up.
"Man, I've never heard her sing before. It's like a sign of the apocalypse or something." Crystal walked down the stage toward Alex and Carlos with the idea of buying a drink to ease her now slightly sore throat but was put off.
"What are you two doing?" She asked while signing the sentence out. It was awkward at first to communicate in what was essentially two languages for her, but she managed to get by. "Because you look like a pair of mice that reverse engineered a mouse trap and are waiting for the cat to get his paw caught in it."

Peace

Awards
So boring, were Saito's thoughts three minutes into the fight. At first, he was excited for this. A chance to cut loose after so long. His plan was to test his opponent out a little to view his opponent's, his name being Jim, skill level. Except when it was way below what he was expecting, he pretty much lost most of his enthusiasm. That shows me for getting my hopes up.

Initially, he had his guard up like a boxer should. After a while though, he dropped it, not seeing the point in it. He had considered throwing some kicks or headbutts in, but he didn't want to hear the possible complaints of him not "fighting fair."

Now that I think about it. Boxing is kinda boring, the red-eyed one pondered while he weaved in, out, and around attacks. Only fists with the occasional attempted tripping? The hell kinda fighting is that? Unless you're Mike Tyson and you bite off the other guy's ear.. But I don't want to do that. That sounds gross.

"Come on! Aren't you gonna at least throw a punch?" his opponent tried to goad.

Saito exhaled at this provocation. Fine, I guess I should participate a little more, he thought before rushing in and connecting with a right cross. The guy's face was protected by the padding he wore that always looked uncomfortable to Saito.

The loud affirmation of a foot hitting the mat drew Saito's attention back to the fight.

"Now this is gettin' interesting," Jim laughed before an uppercut connected with his jaw. Saito then followed it up by turning his body and attacking with a backhand which also connected. Jim retorted by landing a cross on Saito's unpadded and unprotected head. The following daze left him open for a couple of more hits. After they landed and his head cleared up, the recipient of those strikes chuckled a little as adrenaline flooded his veins. He bound forward and delivered a full force bolo punch that made Jim hit the floor.

When the rush simmered down a little, Saito uttered, "Crap. I forgot to hold back." He took a couple of steps toward Jim and with a hand held out asked, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'll live," he said while taking his hand and being lifted. "Goddammit, that threw me for a loop," he laughed while he balanced himself. "Well, I guess you won," the fighter congratulated as he went to his bag and grabbed a bill.

"Thank you," Saito said as he gathered his winnings. After that, he walked out of the gym. He released a sigh as he got his phone out of his pocket. As he looked at the cell, he pondered, Should I apologize about almost saying... that to her. He took a couple of moments to think about it and added, Yeah. I probably should.

His fingers tapped away on his phone to send the text. "Hey. Sorry about, well, you know. Last night? This morning? I forget. Might be a little punch drunk right now."

Following sending it, another breath flowed from his mouth as he thought, What am I even doing?

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I looked over the admin email from SAO again as I scratched my head and tried to pretend I didn't trip like a spaz moments before.

"Oh god Max that was great!" Renn said as he laughed at my expense and took a seat at my table.

"Hardy har," I replied in a tone that did not sound amused at all. I looked back at the email:

Dear Players,
We hope that each and every one of you will attend the special event we are hosting for you! This year we are putting on a very special 4th of July fireworks show at midnight! So come with your friends and enjoy the light show in the new floor 31 town, Stalwart Falls, with all of your friends!
Note: This event IS mandatory for anyone participating in the tournament. Failure to show up will disqualify you.
Sincerely,
Your Admins

The whole email was so peppy up until the blunt interjection making it mandatory. What a dumb rule that you'll be disqualified if you don't attend a firework event. But oh well, it's not like I wouldn't have gone anyway.

I closed out of my phone and inserted it into my pocket just as Alex showed up with a sandwich and plopped it in front of me.

"Wait, I don't think I ordered-" I started to say to no avail. She just smiled and waved and waltzed off anyway. I knew I'd filled out a joke order, but why did this sandwich end up in front of me...

I looked up to see Zoey coming my direction. Crystal was taking the stage solo, and I couldn't help but make a goofy grin as Zoey approached.

"There is a house built out of stone./Wooden floors, walls and window sills." Crystal's song started and filled the background as Zoey took a seat at the table with Renn and I.

"Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust."

"Hey, you! I wasn't sure you'd show up. Glad you did though!"

"Of course," I said with the same goofy grin. "It's not like I had anything else to do anyway, but I definitely wouldn't want to miss my favorite performers."

"This is a place where I don't feel alone."

Zoey placed her elbows on the table before plopping her head between her hands "So I was thinking about tomorrow, right? For our, uhh... for our date?" She said it. Her face turned red and she used the word, it was officially official.

"This is a place where I feel at home."

"And I just wanted to tell you that I'm super excited for it. And nervous. But I think it's good nerves? Like positive tension."

I laughed a nervous laugh and fiddled with a leather bracelet on my wrist. "Yeah I know what you mean. The nerves, the excitement. I'm really looking forward to this too."

"Because...I built a home."

"If it's okay, I was thinking I could bring my violin with me? I don't think I'd be much competition for alive fireworks show, but maybe I can fill in some dead time or something."

"For you."

"But as long as we find a sick spot to watch the fireworks, I don't care either way, really."

"For me."

She wanted to bring her violin and play just for me? My manly side didn't want to acknowledge how warm and fuzzy that made me feel, but my... not manly side? wanted to melt at the thought. I opened my mouth to reply, but was not fast enough to beat her next thought. "And also, I was hoping maybe we could do something the day after?"

"Until it disappeared."

A second date already? This was going great! I started to tell her that I'd love to when: "I know it might be too soon to think about a second date," No! It wasn't too soon! I raised my hand to interject,

"From me."

but failed. "But I guess I'm just really hoping...this goes well for us, I guess?" I smiled and nodded. I had given up on speaking at this point, and I didn't care. I had been bitten by her love bug. I leaned my face into my hand and took a bite out of my sandwich.

"From you."

"I hope I'm not rushing this though. We have like, forever to go through this, huh? No reason to just race past it all!"

"And now. It's time to leave and turn to dust..."

Everyone started clapping and cheering as Crystal's song ended, and that's when my taste buds started alerting me that I had just taken a bite of the mystery sandwich. I cupped my mouth with my hand. What in God's name had I just consumed. As Zoey turned and gave her friend a thumbs up, I leaned to the left and threw up all over Renn's lap. I shot up out of my seat and raced to the bathroom, running right past Alex and Carlos along the way.

I gurgled, then I spit. I gurgled, and then I spit again. Every trace of vomit and pure question mark escaping my mouth, yet an odd aftertaste still remained. It always did. I splashed some water on my face before exiting the bathroom and hoping to God Zoey didn't think I ditched her.

Roxie1563

Awards
When the song was over and Crystal making her way, I quickly handed the phone over while I made my way back to the kitchen, my hands already working on her favorite drink. While I made sure I was doing her drink correctly, I kept on glancing at Max, hoping Carlos didn't miss the 'event' and thinking on how to ask the fair maiden if she was available for tomorrow night for the Fourth of July fireworks.

I could do what Indy Jones did and that was just be charming as possible or try to be myself and that usually ends up two ways; One was that we'd be on something sweet or another was me getting rejected. I yelped as the cold drink ran over and down my hand, my thoughts already hidden away as I hastily put the cup down and grabbing some couple of towels then cleaned up as best I could. Once done, I tossed the wet towels away in the garbage can and washed my hands just enough to be considered clean then grabbed Crystal's drink and made my way back to her.

I smiled at her while giving her favorite drink and signed back. "Here you go! It's on the house and to answer your question: Yep, we're waiting on a certain boy to take a bite of a sandwich that I created as payback for screwing us around with a joke."

Quickly, I explained what Max did to us both and that it was my idea for giving him the mystery sandwich that was filled with many things. "I know it's not ideal, but come on!" I signed back, annoyed as I grabbed my phone back from Carlos whom had to handle with some customers once again. "He should have known not to mess with us girls, huh, Crystal?"

While I was waiting on her response, I got myself back into place and just in time as I watched Max take his first bite of the sandwich, my phone already going live in my right hand. I could feel the three of us getting together and watching intensely.

Then it happened.

I felt my jaw dropped as Max hurled all over Renn, the well-known customer around here in Ned's Cafe, and covering my laughter with my other hand while the other holding my cell. Max just shot off to the men's restroom and immediately I followed him just enough for the door to close behind him. I stopped the live event and quickly made my way back to the girls and Carlos, my face red from laughing so hard.

I got into work as I set the video to only send to Carlos and Crystal (I knew she'd show it to Zoey eventually). With that done and my emotions now in check, I took a small glance to the beautiful purple-eyed girl named Crystal and I knew it has to be now or never.

I gave her my best smile I ever mushed up and while I wasn't exactly nervous when it comes to dating, I could feel my hands shaking as I proceeded to ask her something important.

"Um, Crystal..?" I asked her while trying to keep myself aloof but nearly failing to. "I'm wondering if you don't mind that the two of us could, you know... hang out? I know it sounds early and weird enough to ask you this, but tomorrow night is the fireworks and I'm not exactly the girl to go alone, but since you helped me out with the whole crying problem, I thought it better to return the favor, you know?"

While I tried my best to convey what I really wanted to say to her, I felt myself the familiar vibration of Max's footstep coming up toward us and slowly turned around to see him, unsure how he'd be toward us that did this to him.

I slightly raised my hand up and waved at him, my mouth frozen in the shape of a smile that appears to crossing back and forth between a happy smile to a 'I am so screwed' smile.

I am so so screwed.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn's eyes went wide as he realised what was coming. He tried to back out of the chair but the vomit spewed all over his pants and on the lower quarter of his shirt. "WHAT THE HELL?!" He soon tried to rush after Max to the washroom, but Max made it just mere seconds before and closed the door. When Max came out Renn bolted right in and started wiping the spew off his pants with paper towels and tossing them in the garbage. After finishing with a dark spot all over the crotch area of his jeans, he bolted out to see Max staring down Zoey... Renn then realised that stuff was about to hit the fan, Figuratively of course... and smirked.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
A drink had been waiting for Crystal, and to top it off, it was free. 'You're a rockstar now, baby!' a British voice rang out playfully in her mind. She smiled the thought away as she took her free loot. The fruity smoothie was just the thing she needed after straining her throat to hit that high note. She never really sang but whenever she did, high notes always gave her troubles. Alex gave her the rundown on what was about to happen to Max and Crystal only raised an eyebrow. It didn't seem like a very good idea to her but it was already too late for her to do anything about it as Max had already taken a bite out of the dastardly sandwich. At the moment Zoey turned around to look at Crystal, Max faced the opposite direction and vomited directly onto someone's lap. Zoey only heard the action and turned around in time to see Max run off towards the bathroom as Alex and Carlos held in stifled laughter. Crystal placed a fist directly on her mouth.
"Th-that's not...pfft. That's not funny." A small smile betrayed her, despite her furrowed brows at the situation but she quickly regained herself as Zoey ran towards her.
"Crystaaal!" The freckled girl bounced anxiously from foot to foot as her eyes teared up. "I think I screwed up! I think I was talking too much about us and the future and I think it made him anxious and nervousandIthinkthatmadehimwanttovomitandit'sallmyfaultandnowheprobablyhatesmeandIdon'tknowwhattodolikewhatifthat'shisresponsetomeandandand--"
"Zoey!" Crystal grabbed her best friend by the shoulders before giving her a quick shake. "Calm down. This wasn't because of you, it's because of these two." She tilted her head towards Alex and Carlos before explaining what they had done.
"You mean I-hic-didn't do this?" she asked through sobs.
"No, of course not. Now just relax and we'll wait for him, okay? Want some of my smoothie?"
"Mhmm," Zoey took the drink with both hands before taking a sip.

While they were waiting. Alex approached the pair as Crystal's text notification rang out with a loud 'I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL' from the infamous Duke Nukem. Zoey couldn't help but smile as Crystal greedily checked her phone. It was supposed to be his text alert but Zoey had secretly changed it as a global alert earlier.
"You miiss hiiim," Zoey cooed.
"And you suck," Crystal answered with a playful nudge after realizing the text was just a video of Max puking over some dude's lap. Sucked to be that guy. Zoey was right though, and the fact the text didn't belong to him only made her feel disappointed. Before she put to much thought into it, Crystal flung open her text messages and sent Saito a text:

"Hey! Sorry if I'm bothering you. It's almost the Fourth so I was curious if you were going to see any fireworks." She sent the message and then realized that he lived in Ireland. A place where the Fourth of July probably meant nothing. She quickly tapped out another message:
"nvm. I'm an idiot." What time would it even be over there? It was early afternoon here in the States...hopefully she didn't just wake him up at two in the morning to show off her lack of foresight.

Alex caught Crystal's attention as she took a step away from Zoey. Alex seemed very...tense. Or off? Something was bothering her, that was for sure.

"I'm wondering if you don't mind that the two of us could, you know... hang out? I know it sounds early and weird enough to ask you this, but tomorrow night is the fireworks and I'm not exactly the girl to go alone, but since you helped me out with the whole crying problem, I thought it better to return the favor, you know?"
Crystal folded her arms in thought. It wasn't as if she had any plans, especially now that Zoey was going to be on a date with Max. The memory of the kiss Alex left on Crystal's cheek briefly flashed through Crystal's mind but before she could process any of it, Max reemerged near them. At his arrival, Alex tensed up further. Busted. Crystal sighed before grabbing both Zoey and Max by the arms.
"Hey Max! I heard from someone that your sandwich was for someone else. Alex was just telling me how worried she was about you when you ran to the bathroom!" She dragged the pair towards the glass door and placed Zoey's hand inside of Max's, causing the brunette's face to burn noticeably.
"Uh, Crys? I-I--"
"But you seem okay now, right? Don't you and Zoey have something you should be talking about? Why don't you two take a walk? Clear your minds or whatever?" She opened the door for the couple, causing a warm draft to enter the building.
"Crys, I don't know if--"
"Naaah, come on! Out ya go!" She easily grabbed Zoey's wrist and yanked her through the door. "Now behave you two! Oh! And..." She lowered her voice so only Max could hear as she placed a mint in his free hand. "Just in case," she whispered with a wink before closing the door. Crystal turned around and slumped against the glass door as the couple walked away. That hurt to do and her heavy heart was proof of that. God, did she really give Max that mint? And then wink?! Crystal buried her head in her hands. At least Zoey had left her drink by the counter. It was then she realized Alex had seen the whole thing play out in front of her, and she was staring at Crystal who had said or signed nothing for a solid minute. "Uhhhh." She brought her hands up before signing out: "Meet you tomorrow at around eight, then?"

Roxie1563

Awards
I didn't know how angry Max was or if he had figured it out or not, but before he could do anything about it, Crystal just took over and from there I was totally lost. While I was pretty sure Crystal was playing the 'get those two together and haul them out of the front door', I felt a tad disappointed that I didn't get some sort of answer to my question from her and even wondered if she wasn't interested at all.

After like a solid minute or two went by of thinking about what to do once back inside SAO, I snapped out of it as Crystal signed out her answer to me. I just became happy that she didn't entirely forget about me and after helping her get up from the door, I grabbed my phone and wrote out the address where I live.

"Hey, this is where I live... And funny enough, it's not too far from the cafe. It's how I roll, you know?" With that being typed out, I sent it to her phone and signed to her that eight sounded good. "Oh, if you're an early person, all the more reason to at least hang out until then."

I smiled at her while walking back to the counter and gave her the drink back to her that Zoey was sipping on while waiting on Max. I wasn't entirely sure on if Crystal had any plans for today, but I suspected that she'll be busy helping out with her friend. With that done, I went back to work for a bit until closing time.

It was a long day for all of us and I kinda hoped that Max didn't find out about the whole thing, but I know Max and he knows me. I gave out a quiet sigh as I walked out of the door, Carlos already gone ahead to do whatever he does on his free time. I pursed my lips; I work with the guy yet I don't know a single thing about him beside the fact that he's pretty good at what he does.

Maybe one day if I have the free time, I'll see if he'd like to at least hang out and talk. I already know I'm into girls, but nothing wrong with having a guy friend or two.

As I walked up the stairs to the second floor and nearing my comfy home, my phone vibrated in my back pocket. I brought it out quickly only to see it was a message from the purple-fair maiden. I greedily opened it and to my surprise, it contains directions to her place if I so desired to come and be ready for tomorrow night's fireworks. I tapped out my thanks and opened the front door then stepped in my home, the door already closed behind me with my left feet and dropping my keys into a basket beside me.

It was kinda late evening when I finally finished up my supper and chores that was needed to be done. I thought about logging online, but I wondered if I should talk to Crystal just a tad bit.

I debated myself for a few brief moments, but my fingers just grabbed my phone beside me and started flying away before I could even stop myself.

"Hey, girl! I don't know if you're busy or not, but if you have the time and patience I'd like to talk to you more about tomorrow.. If that's all right, that is." With that, I sent it to her and waited for her answer.

If she doesn't answer it, that's probably for the best and seeing the newsletter about the midnight fireworks in SAO, it might be a good idea to log in.

At least that was the plan as I sat on my comfy couch, my eyes glued to the phone despite the TV being on.

Last edited:

Peace

Awards
After his bout at the gym and sending the text, he did a little grocery shopping.

As he passed by the front desk of the apartment complex, the owner stopped him with a call of,
"Hey, Saito!"

"Oh. Hello, Greg," Saito replied, taking his earbuds out. "What's wrong?" he asked. Panic set into his mind preceding him questioning, "Oh no. Did my check bounce?"

"No, no, no. You're fine," Greg responded waving his hand dismissively. "You just have a package," he answered as he pulled out a box from under the counter.

I don't remember orderin' anythin', he recalled. "Thank you," he replied before taking the box up to his apartment. As he walked, he inspected it. It was light and just big enough to fit on his head. Every once in a while, he felt something was loose in there. Looking at the return address on top of it, it's from his home in New York City. Specifically from his second-to-youngest brother, Heisuke.

By the time he got to his place, he only had enough time to shower and get a change of clothes preceding heading to work. This time on a new shift. A little bit after he arrived, he had to head into the human resource's office because of the incident the previous day with the guy trying to push his work onto the lad. They exchanged stories for about half an hour before they were sent away.

Also, to his surprise, the higher ups finally filled the position that was left open a month ago. The rest of the first half of his shift was nothing but training the newbie in how the archaic old-fashioned system worked. Thankfully, she was a fast learner.

On his way home after work, his phone buzzed and proclaimed, "I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL."

His hand snapped into his pocket and pulled up the text, surprising himself at his own speed. Though considering who it's from, it's not surprising, he chided before he read the texts from the pianist.

He replied, "Don't worry about it. My initial plans were renting a boat and shooting off some fireworks while flipping off jolly ol' England. Then I decided not to. Seemed dumb, expensive, and eardrum rupturing. Also something to do with friends. I'll most likely just sleep in, play some video games, and drink since I took a vacation day anyway."

A cheeky thought went across his mind before he went back to his messages. In response, he additionally sent Crystal, "Also, you said it not me. jk."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back