• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sword Art Online: Recurrence/Rebirth (OOC & Sign-Ups)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
You can't do much with two cents, but I guess I can take it. Yeah, I wouldn't mind having more people in the party, wouldn't want to force people to go it alone. Plus, if people want to be around Musashi, who is a dick, let them torture themselves.

You shut your whore mouth. Musashi is an honorable samurai, and you are just jelly that he's so popular.

Now, here's how this is going to work. I'm going to keep the party limit at four, but I specifically mentioned in the first post that it is NOT out of the question for two parties to work together. So, there are six of us? We'll make it two parties of three then. We may eventually get more members, and we can't just increase the party limit every time somebody joins.

People within the same party can see each others' health gauges, and they can heal/buff each other. They cannot do these things with players of another party. They can however trade with members of another party.

Also, if both parties partake in the same fight against an enemy, then the party whose member strikes the finishing blow takes the spoils.

Thoughts, comments, and concerns before we proceed?

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
#SHOTSFIRED

Gonna actually get started on writing my post now.

edit: can one person be a member of two parties? That way that person can convey information between the two parties.

Max

Staff member
Awards
#SHOTSFIRED

Gonna actually get started on writing my post now.

edit: can one person be a member of two parties? That way that person can convey information between the two parties.

I'm gonna say a person can only be a member of one party at a time, but if the parties get split up then all members of both parties can enter some kind of a text based group chat, how's that sound?

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Hm, so who is exactly going to be in those groups? Do you want to go ahead and decide who's who?

Max

Staff member
Awards
I can decide if that's what everybody would prefer, so that we don't just end up uneven or something.

Roxie1563

Awards
I can decide if that's what everybody would prefer, so that we don't just end up uneven or something.

Yeah, I'm cool with it if everybody is. ^_^

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I'm quite alright with it... how should we decide though? draw names?

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Why don't we just let if happen organically rather than forcing people to join into a group?

Here's how I would sort it out: Since everyone is already interested in joining Musashi's party, have Musashi choose the last member of his party and let the remainder fend for themselves. Whether that be join a group with he/she who was left over or go join some NPC clan or something then so be it. And the two parties don't necessarily have to work together either. Can you imagine having to pay focus to everything that everyone is saying rather than just 3 people? We don't all have to be in the same area, same group, same everything etc. That'll just make thing convoluted and difficult for those who can't post as quickly as others. (me.)

and that's my two-cents.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Since CD and Kiba both said they wanted to get posts in, I'll go ahead and post after them and we'll take it from there.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I've been thinking on how to make my post meaty, but I don't think that'll be possible. So I just go ahead and make a short little one instead.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've been thinking on how to make my post meaty, but I don't think that'll be possible. So I just go ahead and make a short little one instead.

Whatever you want man. I can see us having a short spurt of small posts while we get everybody situated.

Roxie1563

Awards
I got my post up! :D

@Max: I hope I didn't overdid it with the Captain stuff. xD

@CD: I didn't do much except saying hello and all. ^_^

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I don't think someone would be able to tell another player by their voice seeing how the voice is most likely changeable when you make a character/avatar... Right?

I'll try to get a post up today.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I don't think someone would be able to tell another player by their voice seeing how the voice is most likely changeable when you make a character/avatar... Right?

I'll try to get a post up today.

I'm just going to say it would depend, I was a little meh about the idea myself. The point of our avatars being different was so that we weren't instantly recognizable in the game, we could be whoever we wanted. But then again, you may be able to hear similarities in how somebody talks and whatnot- I just don't want someone running off and being like "Hey guys, I know who every single one of you is, you are all from that cafe!!!!!" Haha, we'll see what happens. If someone tries to call out my character already, Musashi could just easily deny who he is if he wanted to.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I was gonna ask you about that actually, it's just been slipping my mind. I'm pretty impartial about the idea of someone immediately identifying someone just by the sound of their virtual voice, though I'm leaning towards a negative for it. Just throwing in another two cents for Heat to pick up.

LatinoHeat90

6 cents! Shit. I'll take it.

I will have a post up in about an hour so I can catch up with my new party. So glad that Musashi is not in it, he is a whore that has a mouth.

Max

Staff member
Awards
6 cents! Shit. I'll take it.

I will have a post up in about an hour so I can catch up with my new party. So glad that Musashi is not in it, he is a whore that has a mouth.

At least my mouth is worth more than 6 cents.

Regarding the issue if identifying players based on in-game voice, I think most of our members aren't very keen on that idea, so we're going to scrap it. Learning who somebody is may come about through conversation if you wish, if they choose to share enough details with you, but otherwise let's not just call somebody out for everybody to see.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I posted.

I hope you don't mind that I advanced onto the 30th level. I just didn't want Kali to get lost in the jumble of characters all surrounding the fountain.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I posted.

I hope you don't mind that I advanced onto the 30th level. I just didn't want Kali to get lost in the jumble of characters all surrounding the fountain.

You're post was perfectly fine, I actually like the way you set up the floor for everybody. We might see you up there.

Since our two groups will be splitting up, you may just be able to join either party if you run into one of them. Or you could keep going it alone and be your own little third group, doesn't matter.

Back