• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Suicide = Depression?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MosesMohs

My friends think I am depressed because I think about suicide more than normal.

Does that make me depressed?

(I wasn't so sure where to put this)

Last edited:
O

Oberon

Suicide does not need to be linked to depression only. Sometimes altruism can lead to suicide as well (no time for the self, loss of identity, etc).

You might be depressed and not realize it. Not sure how that'd work though lol

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Depends on how you think of suicide. Maybe you're simply curious about the concept of death itself without actually feeling the need to kill yourself.

Byakuya

Well, do you think about the subject of it, or actually doing it?

Sometimes life seems pointless. For me, boredom is like being tired of living; it's hard for me to stay motivated. There are just so many little things that make all the difference in the world to other people that I don't give a shit about.

I am clinically depressed and I think about suicide (ramifications, method, execution, etc.) sometimes, but it's more or less of a pastime than anything for me. If you are depressed, maybe you should seek some sort of goal to achieve. It's the only thing that keeps me from being miserable.

Sometimes, I have a smoke and/or a drink and watch/play something.

theres nothing in the world like vodka and making kids cry on xbox live

MosesMohs

I have hit some of the lowest lows in my life, and KHI has witnessed some of those. I have been depressed before, and I don't feel like I am right now. I don't know how I would be depressed and not feel the pain I felt before.

Well, do you think about the subject of it, or actually doing it?

Sometimes life seems pointless. For me, boredom is like being tired of living; it's hard for me to stay motivated. There are just so many little things that make all the difference in the world to other people that I don't give a shit about.

I am clinically depressed and I think about suicide (ramifications, method, execution, etc.) sometimes, but it's more or less of a pastime than anything for me. If you are depressed, maybe you should seek some sort of goal to achieve. It's the only thing that keeps me from being miserable.

Death has always fascinated me. Deaths from car wrecks entertain my mind the most. If I am crossing the street, I think about a car hitting me, me jumping into traffic, etc. I won't go into the depths of my mind that much. Thinking about suicide is a daily thing for me. I thought that was the normal thing to do until my friends told me otherwise.

About two years ago, family abandoned me because of religious differences. I have been saving up money for university ever since. A lot of things kept getting in my way of going to college. I finally get here, and it's like... now what? What's next? I don't know.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
sometimes it's just fun to play out what-if scenarios in your head as a form of venting.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
MosesMohs said:
Death has always fascinated me. Deaths from car wrecks entertain my mind the most. If I am crossing the street, I think about a car hitting me, me jumping into traffic, etc. I won't go into the depths of my mind that much. Thinking about suicide is a daily thing for me. I thought that was the normal thing to do until my friends told me otherwise. About two years ago, family abandoned me because of religious differences. I have been saving up money for university ever since. A lot of things kept getting in my way of going to college. I finally get here, and it's like... now what? What's next? I don't know.

Having clinical depression and a few spontaneous occurrences of it aren't always the same either.

I think at one point or another, everyone is depressed. It almost sounds like perhaps you just have a very large curiosity with death and its effect. Perhaps unhealthy, but not dangerous, I'd think. At least not yet.

Though, that last bit about college and stuff makes me think you're probably going through what I call a "quarter-life" crisis. I mean, people set goals, and usually spend their entire lives trying to succeed. Not many really think about what happens if you get there. What do you do then? Well, for some people it just equates to negative things, some positive, and some otherwise. I think you just need a new goal, or hobby, perhaps.

My suggestion would be this: Take a couple of weeks to yourself. Don't get on KHI, don't do anything that takes away from time for you to reconfigure/redirect your life and your attitude. Yeah, friends might be necessary (because being alone can sometimes make things worse), but I'd really just focus on you. What do you want to do with things, with your life, with your message? All those things, just write them down and draw some goals or something. That's what I did when I was in a similar case... though, everyone is different. Overall though, I wouldn't be too worried about your suicide and depression thing at the moment. I don't think that's the real issue.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
You may be depressed and not even realize it. If you have been thinking about suicide more than often then you should worry. If you find your fixation on death to not be a problem and it does not interfere with how you feel then don't worry too much.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
If you don't think of KILLING yourself, then you're fiiine-I hope. -_-
As long as it's not included in your everyday conversation/

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah, if you've been depressed before, then you know if you are

you are probably just intrigued with the concept

Gram

Banned
Awards
you'd know if you were depressed.
hating of yourself and others, seeing no point, wishing you didnt exist, and of course not wanting to live, etc.
if you havent thought such things i'd your not depressed.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
you'd know if you were depressed.

To this...

Having clinical depression and a few spontaneous occurrences of it aren't always the same either.

I say this.

Though, that last bit about college and stuff makes me think you're probably going through what I call a "quarter-life" crisis.

And to this, I give props. 'Quater-life' crisis. Brilliant.

To your issue, MosesMoh, I say don't worry about it. You may simply be wondering if what you have done so far with your life is of any consequence, if anyone in the world will care about your death, if you will be missed. What makes me think this is your family rejecting you for religious differences.

It probably just a passing phase, and something you need not worry about.

krexia

Translator
Awards
There are some checklists here that can give you an idea of whether what you're experiencing is Depression, but self-diagnosis can only go so far.

Depression is an illness. If you think you have it, see a doctor.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Only a doctor can diagnose whether you really have clinical depression. We're all depressed at one point or another, but usually if this depression is severe and lasts more than two weeks, it's highly advisable to see a doctor.

Having said that, suicide does not necessarily mean you're depressed. There are people who think about death or are fascinated by it, but they don't have the intention of killing themselves or others. It's just curiosity. I admit I do this myself sometimes, think of different "what-if" scenarios. But I'm not depressed nor do I have any intention of committing suicide. It's just a fleeting thought more than anything else.

But curiosity can become unhealthy.

MosesMohs

I think you just need a new goal, or hobby, perhaps.

My suggestion would be this: Take a couple of weeks to yourself. Don't get on KHI, don't do anything that takes away from time for you to reconfigure/redirect your life and your attitude. Yeah, friends might be necessary (because being alone can sometimes make things worse), but I'd really just focus on you. What do you want to do with things, with your life, with your message? All those things, just write them down and draw some goals or something. That's what I did when I was in a similar case... though, everyone is different. Overall though, I wouldn't be too worried about your suicide and depression thing at the moment. I don't think that's the real issue.

I came to college during the summer, and after that semester, I had a three week time period before the next semester started. I quit my job and spent most of my time doing what I liked. I really love painting and, really, any form of art. So I painted a lot and browsed art.

There are some checklists here that can give you an idea of whether what you're experiencing is Depression, but self-diagnosis can only go so far.

Depression is an illness. If you think you have it, see a doctor.

I got a 33, which means I am a high risk?
.-.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
One in ten people will try to commit suicide, one in six people are clinically depressed, one in two people will actually do something about.

You could be, its not really uncommon

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Depression isn't always the cause of suicide. There's the "ugh, life no longer entertains me" suicide and the "I've seen it all!" suicide. And accidental suicides. As in, you killed/were killing yourself without even realizing it. (...Which doesn't even count as suicide anymore, by definition.)

Honestly, the way you're talking, it sounds more like your interested in the idea of it, but not actually considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back