• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SSX series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

metrifyx

Okay! Dudes! News time:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ea-s...y-interview-with-todd-batty-1/236543233054533

SSX Gamescom Chaton Electronic Arts - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Yeah, most important things I got from these are that there's no split screen (boo, but what can you do?) and that there's

OUTFIT CUSTOMIZATION, MAJOR CHARACTER INTERACTION, and FULL VOICE ACTING.

77734_o.gif

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I completely understand that, that was Criterion's reasoning as well with Hot Pursuit. This generation of consoles was able to drastically improve the quality of the single player experience. Hopefully the next will be able add it to the local multiplayer scene as well.

metrifyx

Oh, it was? I agree, hopefully the next generation will cater a bit more to local multiplayer. It's unfortunate that even racing games these days can't be played with your friends, even if online is improving a lot.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
OUTFIT CUSTOMIZATION, MAJOR CHARACTER INTERACTION, and FULL VOICE ACTING.

77734_o.gif

I completely understand that, that was Criterion's reasoning as well with Hot Pursuit. This generation of consoles was able to drastically improve the quality of the single player experience. Hopefully the next will be able add it to the local multiplayer scene as well.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's hard to find a good game to play with friends while hanging out at someone's house.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
That .gif is great hahaha

Oh yeah. I wonder if EA plans on doing HD remakes of the orignial SSX and of Tricky. Hopefully they'll have the local multiplayer still

metrifyx

lmao

That would be awesome. *o* It would be even more awesome if they used the new physics engine. A remake of 3 would be cool, too.

Or, it'd be cool if they recreated some of the old tracks for the new game and had them as DLC or something.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
All of that sounds amazing. I'd even be happy if they released them on PSN and the Marketplace

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Question asked. I'm curious as to whether they considered adding skis again. Obviously they are no where in sight but I really enjoyed them in On Tour.

metrifyx

Hey everyone, we
Ask your questions now!!!!!

My post was like, a paragraph. @_@

I'm curious as to what they'll say to all of us who asked about Kaori and Psymon redesigns. I feel like it's been the elephant in the room after Eddie sort of set the precedent and people have been pushing, and pushing, and pushing.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
You'd think they would've fixed them by now. People have been complaining about their designs since they were show.

I'm interested in how they're going to handle the skiing. From what I've read on that post, it seems like the fans are split on it. It seems like half of the fans want skiing to return, while the other half doesn't.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
If it doesn't take away from their effort working with the boards, I don't see why not, make it optional which one you use. It would be very cool if it has just been under wraps and they came out towards the end of this year and announced that skis are going to be included.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I couldn't care either way. You don't have to play with skiis so I don't understand why some people are so against. It's not like they're forcing it down out throats

metrifyx

There's definitely going to be no skis. Todd Batty said something somewhere about having to make twice the animations, therefore cutting the amount of animations in half. There were actually skis in the beginning of development, though. He did say that skis could be a DLC pack, or be included in the next game in the series, so that's the good news for people who like them.

Personally, I've never cared for skis, I've never felt that the SSX games should have skis, and if they're going to drag down the rest of the game I'm happy that they're not included. If they didn't take away from the rest of the game I would welcome them (so long as I had the option to never see then offline, ever, lmao) with open arms. Though a lot of people seem to like them, so I hope they do eventually create skis and offer them as DLC.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I would be more than happy to download them later as DLC. I certainly don't want their inclusion on day 1 to have a negative impact on the production of the rest of the game so this is good news in my mind if they are shelved to make the development of the game run smoother.

metrifyx

Yeah, and I think that it's a good solution for those people who are like, "NO SKIS EVER" because they won't be forced to put them in...I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back