• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SSX series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

metrifyx

Yeah I noticed Kaori too. She's one of the characters you can vote for on Facebook along with Moby, JP, and I think Griff. To behonest though, I'd prefer more exaggeration over the realism. That's only because Tricky is my favorite game of all time, so I'm a little biased.

It's Kaori, Moby, Viggo, and JP. I voted for the first three. I really loved the exaggeration in Tricky, but I also liked what they did in SSX 3. It's definitely going to be different from Tricky, but they are incorporating the craziness that SSX (and Tricky specifically) is known for. If it wasn't over-the-top, I don't think it would be SSX. The new "survive it" mechanic sounds interesting. It's sort of realistic, but at the same time it's absolutely crazy.

I'm also really hoping for an urban track. Metro City was extremely fun.

So, we have the opportunity to vote our favorite characters into the game. Who do you guys want in the next game, and why?

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I voted the same metrifyx. I think for survive it is just going off of one extremely large peak and probably gliding and landing safely to the next. It might not sound that extreme, but it's SSX so you know it's going to be ridiculous.

I'd like to see Eddie, Brodi, and Mac come back. Eddie was my favorite character from Tricky because of his dialog and his break dancing uber trick. Not sure why, but I was always thought Brodi was cool. Probably because the guy who was the voice of Brodi did the voice of Ansem in KH1. Mac has to come back because he is Mac. That's like not bringing back Elise and Moby. And I'm still surprised they're making us vote for Moby. He was on the cover of the first 2 games. Hell he was the only character on the cover of the first game!

As for multiplatform, I'm getting it on PS3. I had all the others, excluding Blur, on PS2 so it wouldn't be the same playing one on 360

metrifyx

Definitely Brodi! I love his design and personality. And he was voiced by Billy Zane? Wow, I didn't know that!

Other than that, I want:
Kaori - She's really cute and fun.
Moby - He's a boss.
Seeiah - She's got so much style! I love her originality.
Viggo - I like his hair. =w=

I'm hoping to get a PS3 this summer if I save up enough money, so if I do I'll play it on that. Otherwise it's the 360 for me.

And speaking of Eddie...

So cute! ;~;

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Billy Zane is the man!

I remember those commercials!!!!!! Eddie pretty much was the posterboy for Tricky. Surprised he doesn't get more love.

metrifyx

Eddie was a cool guy. He was never my favorite, but still really chill. It'd be interesting to see him again.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
It'd be great to see how he would look in this game. Especially with his orange fro.

metrifyx

That fro is amazing. *o*

Second round of voting is up! I picked Mac, Allegra, and Zoe. I never really cared for Nate.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up!!! I don't know who Nate is so I won't vote for him haha

.Oji

赤いテキスト
[video=youtube;EwLeb64DxSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwLeb64DxSk[/video]

New logo at the end. lol

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I saw that last night. This is starting to look so much better than that first trailer. Now all they have to do is give the characters their witty dialogue and it'll be perfect. I'll still buy this regardless of dialogue, but it would make it even better.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
If they do give them dialog, I can only hope they give them more than 3 one-liners or else it will get really old, fast. And I am guessing they took the "Deadly Descents" out of the title in the gameplay trailer after the backlash from the initial reveal trailer.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Seems likely. The internet outrage from the initial reveal was something else. The visual style of the game has changed to some degree as well I think.

[video=youtube;79vgMAlvWjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79vgMAlvWjc[/video]

Looking good though.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
That looks amazing. But what's with the land reshaping?

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
If they do give them dialog, I can only hope they give them more than 3 one-liners or else it will get really old, fast. And I am guessing they took the "Deadly Descents" out of the title in the gameplay trailer after the backlash from the initial reveal trailer.
Yeah that would get annoying. But I doubt they'll do it since the last couple of games didn't and they haven't mentioned it at all yet.

I'm not sure what the terrain changes were, but they were pretty cool. Maybe that happens with specific tricks or if you get over a certain amount of points with a trick or combo.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
It was pretty subtle in On Tour, a couple yeahs and grunts and that was it. The other people on the mountain actually had more to say it and it was pretty funny what they were saying.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
personally would like brodi to return
mostly because we share the same name and all but yeah

metrifyx

This game looks amazing. I'm in awe right now. The visuals/sfx when Mac lands are so...satisfying. I like how the arrows light up, too.

Now I want to play Tricky. =w=

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
It was pretty subtle in On Tour, a couple yeahs and grunts and that was it. The other people on the mountain actually had more to say it and it was pretty funny what they were saying.
I think on tour is the only one I haven't played
personally would like brodi to return
mostly because we share the same name and all but yeah
Agreed.
This game looks amazing. I'm in awe right now. The visuals/sfx when Mac lands are so...satisfying. I like how the arrows light up, too.

Now I want to play Tricky. =w=
Also agreed. Did they mention this at the EA Press Conference today? I'm about to watch it now, but I just wanted to know if anyone had any info to share.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Also agreed. Did they mention this at the EA Press Conference today? I'm about to watch it now, but I just wanted to know if anyone had any info to share.

Yup.

[video=youtube;wvizmCS8kAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvizmCS8kAY[/video]

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Nice. So it looks like so far we've got Elise, Mac, and Kaori. Now all that gotta do is bring back Moby, Brodi and Eddie and I'll be more than happy with the character roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back