• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► SPOILER-FREE Famitsu Interview with Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 2.8

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If it was even possibly an old character, I'd say Namine is a best bet. Take into consideration who these characters are. Some of this may sound like a stretch...

Skuld and Ephemer are both characters related to the Foretellers because of the Unions and Ava. The Land of Departure, from what we assume, is a world that exists because of the first Keyblade War and also was the home of Luxu's (now Xehanort's) Keyblade. The world itself likely carries many mysteries we've yet to unearth in the series and will come into play later on.

Ven sleeps within Castle Oblivion, and Namine was born in Castle Oblivion.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think we might see news soon at a event but nomura needs make a event or he can make a video of some sort before the concerts start in march

Hirokey123

Awards
You know....a long long LONG time ago when Nomura first hinted "summons would return in KH3 but would be a little different" and then later on told us we get to see Meow Wow in KH3...I had always suspected that our summon system in KH3 would not summon Disney characters but instead would summon our dream eaters. When we saw Sora go back to thank his dream eaters, how sad he was when he couldn't find them, and then how overjoyed he was reuniting with them...I thought it felt like it was an ending that was setup so it wouldn't feel right leaving the dream eaters forever. I know I could never leave my sweet little pet kitty kitty, he's coming to Nevada with me, and I would think Sora feels the same about his pets. Nomura then said that scene with the dream eaters was supposed to be hinting at something come KH3 relating to them. THEN we learned Sora was late getting back to the tower, at first I assumed the worse but then we saw him come back and he seemed extremely giddy about something. When asked why he was late he said it was secret while wearing a big grin on his face. Finally I can't help but notice we haven't seen hide nor hair mention of the summoning system in KH3. In fact it's the only mechanic they've avoided showing us by now.

I can't help but feel that all the evidence is pointing to that theory ultimately being correct. Sora went back to see his dream eaters but not just that, he went back to figure out a way to bring them with him which is why he was late getting back because it took him awhile to figure it out. Dream Eaters will be our summons and Sora is giddy because he has figured out how to bring all his goofy colorful dream pets with him into reality, it's going to be his little surprise when he introduces Meow Wow to Donald and Goofy.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Truly a brutal last few days ducking and hiding from all 0.2 spoilers. Basically have to avoid the recommend section of Youtube at all cost. Thankfully I've managed to avoid any spoilers or even a screenshot from any playthrough so far. A worldwide release is imperative for KH3.

I've got my 0.2 night all planned out but I just need the 24th to freakin' get here already.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
So apparently they patched Venitas' eyes in the opening to gold/yellow and removed the jawguard.
I wonder if the patch will be Day One for internation versions or if the fixes will be included.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Considering that a dream eater can be led to the realm of light by a keyblade wielder (it says this somewhere I swear), I bet we'll be finding an easier answer for the dream eater problem than anyone was originally expecting. Maybe Meow Wow will even accompany Sora, Donald, and Goofy on their journey?!

Also, does anyone know if Jiminy is still an active journalist in the series, or if anyone has said anything about him returning for Kingdom Hearts III? I'd be sad to see him go, he was always one of my favorites because of his scene scolding Sora in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories :(

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd say Maleficent is definitely one of the five then except that she doesn't really fit the sketch of the five Nomura did... Namine seems like a good bet given that she had that appearance in the concert. I mean, she obviously is still doing things and where else would she appear, haha.

The form of the figures in the sketch is not neccessary to "fit" anyone as the purpose of them is only to tease that there are "two more" beyond Ephemer, Skuld and Ventus that will play an important role in the coming events of KH UX.

I wouldn't count anyone as "definitive" just yet though as we can't possible make such a bold claim yet.
There are several possibilities though based on what we know about the nature of the world of Unchained so far and on what other teases we have been given from different sources.

I'm not sure why NOT put Maleficent there if she was one of the five, though, since if I remember correctly the end of Chi had already happened so it was known Maleficent would be involved? I wouldn't consider the sketches as solid information on the characters though, it could just be a random body drawn there, not really meant to invoke the people it's representing.

But if it's Roxas and Xion I'll just assume season 2 of KHUX is set inside Sora's heart and laugh.

Correct, that certainly throws a wrench into it reducing the probability of one of them being her.
Agreed, the sketches are just meant to invoke the visual hint that there are "two more" in general, not to actually hint at their identities or something similar.

Pfft, lol, in that case though it would beg the question as to how the whole bunch of keykids, Foretellers, Ephemer and Skuld made it into Sora's heart.

I really doubt it's Maleficent. She's already appeared in Chi, there would be no reason to exclude her from the anniversary art but show Ventus.

Granted, that's a viable point to make and may certainly also make the possibility of one of them being Maleficent less probable.

I'd still say it's more likely for those 2 figures to be new. Makes little sense to throw out Ven if the other two are also existing characters.

It makes sense if these two are supposed to be another surprise in the vein of "what are those doing there". Ventus has been teased twice or thrice already and got people wondering and theorizing, possibly to get the ball rolling. When UX season 2 starts up and Ven finally makes an appearance people will craft further theories and while they're all still occupied with Ventus suddenly bam, another known character appears resulting in WTF reactions and even more theorizing and wondering.
That's fan reactions one won't get with entirely new characters.

Of course it is also possible that it is a split issue, as in one of the two is a new character (to complete the "cliché"-trio dynamic with Skuld and Ephemer perhaps) and the other an already known one as either a foil for Ventus or to give him someone to "play off" from and as initial support.

If it was even possibly an old character, I'd say Namine is a best bet. Take into consideration who these characters are. Some of this may sound like a stretch...

Skuld and Ephemer are both characters related to the Foretellers because of the Unions and Ava. The Land of Departure, from what we assume, is a world that exists because of the first Keyblade War and also was the home of Luxu's (now Xehanort's) Keyblade. The world itself likely carries many mysteries we've yet to unearth in the series and will come into play later on.

Ven sleeps within Castle Oblivion, and Namine was born in Castle Oblivion.

That's an interesting observation for sure.
According to Days Xion also originated from Castle Oblivion, so maybe it'll be both of them?

The fact of the scene from the concert implying that Naminé actually goes around somehow contacting the tormented ones may also play into this somehow.

---
Also, on a less serious note, what about when they actually decide to take the crossover with World of Final Fantasy up to eleven and the two unknown Characters are actually Reynn and Lann, coming instead of a Chirithy with Tama and Serafie? ;P

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i wonder how this rebirth begins and when will it start since nomura the story will be different soon

Carnagewake

THIS is considered spoiler free? Yipes. I already knew the ending, but anyone who doesn't wanna know might wanna stop reading halfway.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
THIS is considered spoiler free? Yipes. I already knew the ending, but anyone who doesn't wanna know might wanna stop reading halfway.
What part are you referring to? I'm personally avoiding spoilers and didn't read anything that alarmed me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If this is about the KH3 bit, this was known since GameInformer released their review two weeks back. We didn't really consider that a spoiler since it's meant to be a selling point for 2.8, and we knew it was a lead into KH3 since the start.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
master spockanort do you think sqaure will hold there confernce at e3 like in 2015 and do you if there been any word about a d23 in japan this year?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Next time don't include lines like these in the "spoiler free" interview.

- Something we should all definitely check out then. Also, in [KH0.2] we see Riku and King Mickey receive suitcases with new outfits prepared inside. It seems like a change of wardrobe for [KH3] has already been decided?
Nomura: The design is already finished, with a small glimpse of their prototypes appearing on an illustrated card in [KHX]. Riku's hairstyle has also changed, so please look forward to future announcements.

Just felt like coming back to say that now that I've beaten the game

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Next time don't include lines like these in the "spoiler free" interview.

Just felt like coming back to say that now that I've beaten the game
While I think that this shouldn't have been made as it is hard to judge what others perceive as spoilers, this was shown in trailers so I can understand why it was left in.

Sign even said
Please do keep in mind that the following assumes you have watched the trailers for KH2.8 and are aware of events that took place in KH X[chi].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back