• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

sora's keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmawielder

so, can anyone explain to me how sora got his keyblade? i know that terra did the ritual thing with riku and kairi touched aquas keyblade so she was able to hold a keyblade but i dont ever remember sora having a ritual for his keyblade. so did riku's original keyblade just automatically go to sora or something like that?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
ventus is inside of sora granting him the ability to weild the keyblade

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ven had undergone the Rite of Succession, and since his heart is within Sora, it was as though Sora himself had undergone it as well.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
No that's not the answer at all, okay. Ventus only granted him the ability to weild 2 KEYBLADES. The reason he got to weild one is because the keyblade chose him. It didn't change from KH1, everyone explained that the keyblade chose Sora. It realized Riku chose darkness and since it was a key of light, it instead chose Sora. It's simple as that. Ventus only grants him the ability to duel weild.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
The fact Riku chose darkness isn't the reason why the keyblade left him, its they way he chose it. Even Riku admits that the way he wielded darkness before made him weak and since sora's heart was stronger than his the keyblade chose Sora over Riku, thus granting Sora his own keyblade and having Riku to earn his own down the road. Ventus grants Sora the ability to wield both Sora's and his own keyblade at once. So when sora is not dualwielding he is wielding his own sword and when he is he is using Ven and his own as well.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
The fact Riku chose darkness isn't the reason why the keyblade left him, its they way he chose it. Even Riku admits that the way he wielded darkness before made him weak and since sora's heart was stronger than his the keyblade chose Sora over Riku, thus granting Sora his own keyblade and having Riku to earn his own down the road. Ventus grants Sora the ability to wield both Sora's and his own keyblade at once. So when sora is not dualwielding he is wielding his own sword and when he is he is using Ven and his own as well.

Yeah, this is a better explanation.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
ventus is inside of sora granting him the ability to weild the keyblade
Wrong.

Sora got the Keyblade because, when the darkness of Riku's heart was engulfing him, Sora reached forth and touch his light. By touching the light of Riku's heart, the Keyblade momentarily transferred over to Sora. Throughout his journey, however, the Keyblade chose him as its rightful owner.

Sora is the only person who didn't have to have the Rite of Succession to wield a Keyblade.

Ventus had nothing to do with it.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
why is this a spoinler section
all the information compiled on the keyblade is on the wiki

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
why is this a spoinler section
all the information compiled on the keyblade is on the wiki

Because there are BBS spoilers, obviously. Why would you suggest the wiki anyways?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Wiki?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAetc.

Anyways,
-Riku is destined to get the KK
-Riku falls to Darkness, thus his heart becomes weaker
-Sora, who now has a stronger heart than Riku, touches Riku's light and gains the KK
-The End

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I believe Sign and HeartSeams are each partially right. According to the below quote from the BbS Ultimania, you need to have the Inheritance Ceremony done and you and you have to be chosen by a keyblade in order to wield.

To use a keyblade you must have been chosen to inherit as well as been chosen by the keyblade itself. In BbS you could see that Terra performed the ceremony with Riku, and that is why Riku was able to take the keyblade that Sora used.
So Sora could wield because Ven's heart (which was chosen to inherit) was within him and Riku's keyblade chose him (because Riku's dark heart was weaker than Sora's).

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Ventasu has nothing to do with it. KK belonged to Riku, but he got corrupted by the darkness son. So when Sora was feelin Riku up like n stuff he felt his keyblade, then he whipped it out and it belonged to him, nam sayin?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Did you even read the quote I listed? Sora must have been chosen to inherit in order to wield a keyblade. Since he never was, there was no way he could wield normally, even if Riku's keyblade chose Sora over its master. Ven's heart must have factored into the situation.

Silverslide

Did you even read the quote I listed? Sora must have been chosen to inherit in order to wield a keyblade. Since he never was, there was no way he could wield normally, even if Riku's keyblade chose Sora over its master. Ven's heart must have factored into the situation.

How could Ven have done anything? He's an inatimate heart. To inherit a keyblade, you have to TOUCH THE KEYBLADE WHILE THE MASTER IS HOLDING IT. Ven isn't even a master, yo. Probably a retcon.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Riku isn't a master either, so Sora's never touched a master's keyblade. What I'm saying is that Sora was never chosen to inherit, so the only explanation of him picking up the keyblade is that Ven's heart (which has been chosen) is a part of his heart, so he has "technically" been chosen.

Silverslide

Riku isn't a master either, so Sora's never touched a master's keyblade. What I'm saying is that Sora was never chosen to inherit, so the only explanation of him picking up the keyblade is that Ven's heart (which has been chosen) is a part of his heart, so he has "technically" been chosen.

I apologize for capping at you by the way, I was out of line.

I wouldn't think that would make a difference. Sora IS the chosen one, correct? This could just be the prophecy or something.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I apologize for capping at you by the way, I was out of line.

I wouldn't think that would make a difference. Sora IS the chosen one, correct? This could just be the prophecy or something.

Nope, he's not the chosen one. He's just a normal boy.

– So, it’s not that “once Sora’s story is over the story of a new hero will begin”, but that the series will always have Sora as the hero, isn’t it?

Nomura: Yeah. One of the concepts of the series is that the hero Sora isn’t some special being, but a normal boy. Sure, his heart is connected to Ventus and the others, but other than that, he’s a normal kid that could have come from anywhere, that hasn’t inherited anything from anyone. I want to make Sora a character that will give the player the feeling that “even if I’m not some special being, I have the possibility buried inside of connecting with many others to accomplish things”. In Birth by Sleep, I wish for all the fans to hope to see that Sora reappears. The secret cutscene is what symbolizes this, so please work your way there, and wait for Sora’s role in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back