• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's father

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I think MuffinMan pretty much ended the whole idea of Riku ever being the true master.

Also why would Sora inhert it from his Father. Who knows his mom could have been the keyblade master if you want to specalate like this. His dad could be a complete whimp and his mom's heart is as strong as Sora's. But since i dont think either was because have we even found that a keyblade master loses their ability to hold a keyblade? Cause if they dont then whoever was a Kyblade Master could have possibly survived when the heartless came.

Y

Yannis

I think MuffinMan pretty much ended the whole idea of Riku ever being the true master.

Also why would Sora inhert it from his Father. Who knows his mom could have been the keyblade master if you want to specalate like this. His dad could be a complete whimp and his mom's heart is as strong as Sora's. But since i dont think either was because have we even found that a keyblade master loses their ability to hold a keyblade? Cause if they dont then whoever was a Kyblade Master could have possibly survived when the heartless came.

Yeah. Sora´s father being keybearer reminds me of something...yeah it was the movie with Luke Skywalker and he got lightsaber from his dad=D

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Keyblades are a fickle thing in the end, aren't they? We, the fanbase really need BBS to come out, as it will answer a lot of our questions. Although, it will probably introduce new topics to speculate on...

And regards to Sora's pop. He might not even have one at all. There has been absolutely no evidence towards a paternal care giver at all. The only reason we know that Sora has a mother is because she called him down for dinner right before Destiny Islands dissappeared into the darkness.

Ybotx

The keyblade was originally for Riku. But since he went the darkness path the keyblade went to someone strong-hearted. Thus the keyblade going Sora instead of Riku. Yes, the Keyblade WAS meant for Riku, thus taking it from Sora in the first game, but Riku had a weak heart and sucumbed to the darkness. But when Riku and Sora met in Hallow Bastian Soras' heart went weak after seeing Riku again and learning that he had swiched sides to the darkness, thus the Keyblade going to Riku but later returning to Sora

And for your therory about the parents, well they don't really matter. Riku and Sora was already choosen from the begining to weild the keyblades. I think that Sora was the one that was supose to ge the twilight keyblade but instead, Riku did because his heart crumbled under the pressure of the attack. Riku thought that the only way off the island was to sucumb to the darkness.

khloser4life

The keyblade was originally for Riku. But since he went the darkness path the keyblade went to someone strong-hearted. Thus the keyblade going Sora instead of Riku. Yes, the Keyblade WAS meant for Riku, thus taking it from Sora in the first game, but Riku had a weak heart and sucumbed to the darkness. But when Riku and Sora met in Hallow Bastian Soras' heart went weak after seeing Riku again and learning that he had swiched sides to the darkness, thus the Keyblade going to Riku but later returning to Sora

And for your therory about the parents, well they don't really matter. Riku and Sora was already choosen from the begining to weild the keyblades. I think that Sora was the one that was supose to ge the twilight keyblade but instead, Riku did because his heart crumbled under the pressure of the attack. Riku thought that the only way off the island was to sucumb to the darkness.
Just like muffin man said.

And Jiminy is an all knowing power in the Kingdom Hearts universe? Jiminy's journals are subjective to what he sees, and what he thinks was taking place. The Keyblade not choosing Riku because of Darkness makes absolutely no sense, because we know for a fact that the Keyblade doesn't give a damn for Light or Dark.
If Sora's Keyblade didn't want Riku because of his Darkness, then why was it that Riku could take it from him at Hollow Bastion? Riku was clearly filled with even MORE Darkness at that point than he was at Destiny Islands, yet he was still able to take it and wield it. Then later, he got his own specifically Darkness Keyblade, that Keyblade clearly didn't care much for his darkness either.

And then, we have the Ansem Reports which state that legends of the Keyblade state that it can bring chaos and ruin upon a world, just as it can bring it salvation. Chaos and Ruin? Those sound like tendencies of Darkness to me, yet the Keyblade still obeys and does those Dark things. Not to mention that in Birth By Sleep, Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier both wield Keyblades, and they are quite the evil people don't you think? Absolutely! But they still have Keyblades who have no mind to their Evil intentions and Dark abilities

Just like the Heartless, the Keyblade obeys the one who has the Power, I don't think Light or Dark has a thing to do with it, it just wouldn't make any sense.

and i dont think that sora's dad is really important to the serie, cuz if he was, im sure they would have mentioned him by now.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
We really want to see some parents in this game don't we?
I doubt it though.

It's not passed down through blood but by strength of heart, remember?

Charlie K

Back in Business
Sora's Dad, for now atleast, plays no IMPORTANT role, we haven't even heard him talk, And I think he was some regular guy who got with a girl..ect...You all know what I'm talkin about..I hope.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
If Nomura puts Sora's parents into the game, he would just be confirming that he has officially run out of ideas.

Nomura has a big ass mind, so this won't happen anytime soon.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

IX - Could you please gather some information about the main characters? The reason Sora becomes Anti-Form, the reason Riku is able to be selected by a Keyblade, Kairi’s memories of Radiant Garden, Roxas’ and Naminé’s differences from other Nobodies, the absence of Sora and the others, their parents and friends, and what about school?

Concerning Sora’s Anti-Form, you could think that the reason is related to his changing into a Heartless once before. In fact, beyond Sora’s Nobody, it is natural to assume that Sora is influenced by the Heartless. Riku’s Dark Mode is similar. By using such a strong power too much, he may have ended up aproaching too close to Darkness. There should be a hint about Riku being a chosen wielder hidden discretely somewhere in the additions to the game, so certainly try and find it. As for Kairi’s memories, there’s nothing particularly special about them. If I personally recalled memories from before I was 5, I think I wouldn’t remember many details about them. That is to say on a general level, there are things I would remember and things I would forget.

For the info highlighted in Red this goes back to what Terra says

]“Aqua… Ven… Keyblade… who are you? I can feel it… we have met before… it was when… No… it isn’t you… It isn’t you that I have chosen… Why is it not him… Xe… ha… nort… is that you? Xeha… nort… Xehanort!” Gicing the fact that a keyblader has a choice to give someone one a keyblade, and this was shortly seen when Riku gives Kairi a keyblade, but it doesn't make her a true keyblade weilder.

Now we go back to Destinys island when Riku gives in to the darkness and persuades Sora to join him, but Sora refuses. I'm not sure but maybe his heart in that instance was strong even though he feared the darkness and that's what triggered the keyblade. At Hollow Bastion Riku recieves the keyblade from Riku and puts doubt on Sora heart but in the end he proves his heart to be stronger than Rikus and once again obtains the Keyblade. Riku is confused at what happens because he was told that he was the master of the keyblade but Ansem tells him that for the moment Sora defeated him in that instance his heart was stronger.

To be honest im not really sure why but i heard the info came from an additional booklet known as Another Report Book from the FM+ limited edition

here are scenes of were it all starts and when Sora gets his keyblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBSMbpYS6Ow
it should be around 2:20 and so on

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
When was this ever confirmed information? As far as I know, this has always been simple Fan speculation, that everyone skips around saying as a fact

It wasn't addressed by Nomura himself, but it was in KH1.

Riku said:
Let the Keyblade chose...it's true master

Riku said it himself. They were both there, and when the Keyblade arrived, Riku was gone, and it clung to the nearest heart; Sora.

Terra said:
You are not the one I chose.

While it didn't say Riku specifically, it's definately implied that it wasn't to go to Sora.

Either way, how does this relate to the topic?

I don't believe Sora's dad will play a part in the future. Family usually doesn't play a part in Kingdom Hearts canon.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
And Jiminy is an all knowing power in the Kingdom Hearts universe? Jiminy's journals are subjective to what he sees, and what he thinks was taking place. The Keyblade not choosing Riku because of Darkness makes absolutely no sense, because we know for a fact that the Keyblade doesn't give a damn for Light or Dark.

Yes. But you can interpret that in another way: he gave into darkness, the islands were filled with it, so the keyblade had a difficult time finding him. He left the islands before he could get it. Nomura said he envisioned the flash of light that happens afterwards as the light of Riku's heart that Sora touched; my interpretation is that this is what the keyblade used to track Riku, and when Sora touched it, the keyblade went to him. I think that given enough time though, the keyblade would have found him.

Later, however, there was no such scenario; even if Riku's heart was filled the darkness, the area itself was not such.

It's been confirmed that Riku was meant to wield it. It's obvious, in my opinion. And why would it go back to him, if it wasn't? I mean, sure his heart might have been stronger, but really: Sora meets loads of people with strong hearts, who might have at one time had a stronger heart than his, and I didn't see the keyblade jumping to them.

There's also other evidence to suggest it was Riku: he could see keyholes since he was a little boy. The knights were around there at the time. Later, there's Terra's little quote that PMF mentioned. Big hints if you ask me.

If Sora's Keyblade didn't want Riku because of his Darkness, then why was it that Riku could take it from him at Hollow Bastion? Riku was clearly filled with even MORE Darkness at that point than he was at Destiny Islands, yet he was still able to take it and wield it.

Yes, I agree; keyblades don't care about darkness.

Then later, he got his own specifically Darkness Keyblade, that Keyblade clearly didn't care much for his darkness either.

I consider it Ansem's keyblade, really, since Riku was merely a puppet, and Ansem was the one fighting, and he was probably the one who made it.

And then, we have the Ansem Reports which state that legends of the Keyblade state that it can bring chaos and ruin upon a world, just as it can bring it salvation. Chaos and Ruin? Those sound like tendencies of Darkness to me, yet the Keyblade still obeys and does those Dark things. Not to mention that in Birth By Sleep, Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier both wield Keyblades, and they are quite the evil people don't you think? Absolutely! But they still have Keyblades who have no mind to their Evil intentions and Dark abilities

Just like the Heartless, the Keyblade obeys the one who has the Power, I don't think Light or Dark has a thing to do with it, it just wouldn't make any sense.

Agreed; keyblades only care about strentgh of heart, but that doesn't mean that Riku isn't the original master.

Meh, PMF beat me to it.

Anyways: I doubt Sora's parents ( or anyone's for that matter) would be important to the series at all. Family really doesn't seem to be something important in KH. Though I suppose it might not always remain that way.

Last edited:

Riku77

nope I dont think sora parents would be good in the story either. They would to me make it more confusing then it is already. I was going to say more, but hadesdragon stole my ideas so just listen to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back