• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's father

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku191

this just came to me a few mins ago but what about sora's dad if sora got the keyblade maybe he inherited it from a bloodline or something we only hear sora's mom for a sec when she calls him for dinner so i dont think theres any importance there but they havent even touched base on his dad maybe he was a keyblade weilder before him or something just my thoughts

Rix

:)
Awards
don't forget that the keyblade was really meant for Riku.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

When was this ever confirmed information? As far as I know, this has always been simple Fan speculation, that everyone skips around saying as a fact

Riku191

where in his journal? and for what game kh 1 or 2 because in kh1 riku gets it for about 5 mins then u take it back so that doesnt prove anything just want to know where your coming from

dr.korytco

I disagree strongly. Hi everyone. Hope Im not bumping an ancient thread . Did not check the date.

In Kingdom hearts 1, Riku has the key blade only for a few hours, just because his heart is stronger at that moment.
The keyblade chooses Sora again just as it did before shortly after Rikku had the blade, only a few moments into his keyblade glory. He loses it pretty damn fast. In the end, both of them can and could have it, Rikku had it at the end of the game of a few playing minutes HAHAHAHAHA and Sora has it THE WHOLE GAME..basically...both can wield it but guess who still has it now....Sora.

Trag

Bronze Member
Welcome to the forums, and no, you didn't bump this.
If it was inhereted it wouldn't go by stronger hearts. I don't think that it was handed down by his father.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I disagree strongly. Hi everyone. Hope Im not bumping an ancient thread . Did not check the date.

don't bother apologizing. This is a fresh thread.

And people, If the Keyblade was Riku's, why would it go to Sora at all? why waist all that time with Sora? I think it's not about a matter of being chosen, but a matter of having the ability. Riku was the only one who was supposed to be able to control a Keyblade, at Destiny's Islands but another, Sora, was found. It mearly tried both out before decideing that Sora was the better weilder for it.

Last edited:

dr.korytco

don't bother apologizing. This is a fresh thread.

And people, If the Keyblade was Riku's, why would it go to Sora at all? why waist all that time with Sora? I think it's not about a matter of being chosen, but a matter of having the ability. Riku was the only one who was supposed to be able to control a Keyblade, at Destiny's Islands, but another, Sora, was found. It mearly tried both out before decideing that Sora was the better weilder for it.

Exactally , besides if you are like me we have come to love sora and want him to have the keyblade, rightfully his . When I think keyblade, I think of someone that loves it, someone who fought for it and that is sora not Rikku.

My opinion of rikku is not finished yet however Im still playing game 2, bought it 2 days ago for me birthday.

the_wait666

wasn't there some place that said that the keyblade sora wields was originally meant for riku because one of the chasers chose it to be him, but because riku chose to walk a path of darkness the keyblade had to find another suitable master?

Hikari713

Hiding. Who ever finds me first gets a cookie!
wasn't there some place that said that the keyblade sora wields was originally meant for riku because one of the chasers chose it to be him, but because riku chose to walk a path of darkness the keyblade had to find another suitable master?

i think that is just one of those popular theories that alot of people agreed with it could be true i guess but i think that the keyblade was meant for Sora

and on the parents thing i think that Sora's parents will remain a mystery until Nomura runs out of ideas and the fans still want more then he will probably bring them into play....i guess you could say he is keeping them in his back pocket thats just an opinion

the_wait666

i think that is just one of those popular theories that alot of people agreed with it could be true i guess but i think that the keyblade was meant for Sora

and on the parents thing i think that Sora's parents will remain a mystery until Nomura runs out of ideas and the fans still want more then he will probably bring them into play....i guess you could say he is keeping them in his back pocket thats just an opinion

I can see there being some small "mini-series" in a future KH game permitting nomura sticks with the main cast that focuses on the parents of sora and riku and their history on the islands and any kind of details that may hint towards the keyblade.

D

Dexter

My opinion of rikku is not finished yet however Im still playing game 2, bought it 2 days ago for me birthday

1. Riku s spelled with one k, not 2 kk
2. So if you recentley got kh2 does that mean your new to the series? If so then WELCOME....

dr.korytco

1. Riku s spelled with one k, not 2 kk
2. So if you recentley got kh2 does that mean your new to the series? If so then WELCOME....

I just beat the 1st one. If you want to look at it that way sure. I have not completed the series , if you only view a series as a whole which would make sense, then I am new to the series because I have not completed the series yet. However , in retrospect and how most would look at this I am not new to the series I beat the 1st game.

So view it as you may.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
In KH1, Jimminy's Journal states Riku was meant for the Kingdom Key, but since he chose Darkness[remember that black portal that Riku was standing in when the storm hit] the leyblade chose Sora. That's why Riku was able to weild the KK because it recognised its true master's call, but when Sora confronted Riku and reobtained the KK, his heart was stronger for that moment[this was confirmed by Ansem in one of the KH1 cutscenes]and he's had it ever since.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
And Jiminy is an all knowing power in the Kingdom Hearts universe? Jiminy's journals are subjective to what he sees, and what he thinks was taking place. The Keyblade not choosing Riku because of Darkness makes absolutely no sense, because we know for a fact that the Keyblade doesn't give a damn for Light or Dark.

If Sora's Keyblade didn't want Riku because of his Darkness, then why was it that Riku could take it from him at Hollow Bastion? Riku was clearly filled with even MORE Darkness at that point than he was at Destiny Islands, yet he was still able to take it and wield it. Then later, he got his own specifically Darkness Keyblade, that Keyblade clearly didn't care much for his darkness either.

And then, we have the Ansem Reports which state that legends of the Keyblade state that it can bring chaos and ruin upon a world, just as it can bring it salvation. Chaos and Ruin? Those sound like tendencies of Darkness to me, yet the Keyblade still obeys and does those Dark things. Not to mention that in Birth By Sleep, Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier both wield Keyblades, and they are quite the evil people don't you think? Absolutely! But they still have Keyblades who have no mind to their Evil intentions and Dark abilities

Just like the Heartless, the Keyblade obeys the one who has the Power, I don't think Light or Dark has a thing to do with it, it just wouldn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back