• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Father?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Either way, she shouldn't have been able to use it if I understand correctly?

Riku allowed her to use it (as long as the wielder consents, the Keyblade will stay), not to mention she had been given an inheritance ceremony which probably also aided in her ability to hold it without it vanishing back to Riku instantly.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
She should and could because of her encounter with Aqua in BBS which resulted in an accidental inheritance ceremony.

I know that much, but I mean she is able to use the Keyblade Riku lent her even though It's not hers and she isn't related to Riku. So I don't see how this would imply that Sora is related to Eraqus.

Riku allowed her to use it (as long as the wielder consents, the Keyblade will stay), not to mention she had been given an inheritance ceremony which probably also aided in her ability to hold it without it vanishing back to Riku instantly.

Didn't know about the wielder consent thing. Then it is weird that Sora is able to pick up Eraqus' Keyblade. Maybe It's just a little slip in the trailer that the team didn't really think about?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Didn't know about the wielder consent thing. Then it is weird that Sora is able to pick up Eraqus' Keyblade. Maybe It's just a little slip in the trailer that the team didn't really think about?
The Master Keeper is a different kind of Keyblade, passed down through the generations to help protect the Land of Departure and the balance. Also Eraqus is gone so anything can happen with the Keyblade without his consent.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
The Master Keeper is a different kind of Keyblade, passed down through the generations to help protect the Land of Departure and the balance. Also Eraqus is gone so anything can happen with the Keyblade without his consent.

How does everyone know all of these things lol? Have I just been carelessly missing things in the series? I don't recall a lot of this stuff xD.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No? The trailer is meant to be taken metaphorically. The audience is supposed to be reminded of the stakes in KH3. And if it was literal, Master Keeper might have been "inherited" by Aqua as Master of the Land of Departure but if she were to cast it off like she did her original keyblade, then Sora could theoretically pick it up perfectly fine.

Also what Taochan said.

Gram

Banned
Awards
You see the consent thing several times, Riku using oblivion against Roxas (which nomura said Xion's lingering self had a play in), Sora using kk and wtd to finish off Xemnas, Roxas letting Xion use his keyblade in days.
There's even a reaction command in the Xemnas fight were Sora gets the kk knocked out of his hand and Riku will grab it and throw it back.
So long as the person is a wielder the keyblade wont vanish and so long as the wielder your borrowing form doesn't will it back you can use it.

The ME seems to be special given it's apparent need in order to seal LoD so rules of other keyblades may vary with it.

How does everyone know all of these things lol? Have I just been carelessly missing things in the series? I don't recall a lot of this stuff xD.
It's largely a bit of observation and interview reading. xD

Last edited:

blksabbath74

I know right? And what about his poor mother?

Well, clearly, Aqua was his mother. I fail to see how something so obvious could slip by you.

When he time-travelled back to become Eraqus, he was lonely, and decided to use Xion's heart ot create the closest thing he could to Kairi, but with Blue Hair. Aqua was created full-grown, and had actually been training under Eraqus for some time.

Anyway, Sora/Eraqus fathered himself with Sora.

Seems pretty clear-cut to me...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Dude, your responses make it seem that you're trolling. Not only in this thread, mind, but also in other threads as well. What's clear-cut is that Sora = Eraqus is next to impossible for reasons stated in earlier posts. I dare say it's more impossible than Eraqus being Sora's father.

I believe that the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. Family plays little role in KH, if at all, and if Sora's mother whose voice we heard in KH1 has never been important, why would his father, who was only mentioned in Riku's account, be?

Last edited:

blksabbath74

Dude, your responses make it seem that you're trolling. Not only in this thread, mind, but also in other threads as well. What's clear-cut is that Sora = Eraqus is next to impossible for reasons stated in earlier posts. I dare say it's more impossible than Eraqus being Sora's father.

I believe that the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. Family plays little role in KH, if at all, and if Sora's mother whose voice we heard in KH1 has never been important, why would his father, who was only mentioned in Riku's account, be?

That's kind of the same thing I was saying, only I was saying it with sarchasm and absurdity.

To be honest, Disney seems to discount parents across the board. You have virtually no parental figures in any of their tween TV shows, and many of their children's cartoons also depict children without parental guidance, such as Jake & the Neverland Pirates or Little Einsteins.

I think this is by design. I think that children are aware of their parents, and those who are pushing parental boundaries are not going to want additional parental authority in their chosen form of escapist entertainment.

It makes good sense, actually.

So I agree, that parents will not play a role in Kingdom Hearts, and apologize if my method has irked you or others.

Last edited:

blksabbath74

Yeah your trolling was really starting to tick me off.lol

Such a fine line between clever and stupid...

I assure you than any seeds I sew are meant to harvest laughter, not anger...

Still, if Sora WAS Eraqus and his own father, it would be a great opportunity for a cut-scene movie with Circle of Life from the Lion King.

ok sunny

Awards
This post is something to think about... But I doubt his father is someone we've met yet. But if he is introduced, it'd be cool to see him as an important person to the story!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This post is something to think about... But I doubt his father is someone we've met yet. But if he is introduced, it'd be cool to see him as an important person to the story!

Family holds no importance in Kingdom Hearts. The series is about friendship and the strong bonds forged through them that even act like pseudo-familial bonds.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

i wouldn't mind meeting sora's father, but i don't think he needs to be an important character. He could just be a minor supporting character.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I agree. I want to see how his mother and father looked like so I can understand Sora's identity.

Yeah, like which parent has the spiky hair...

But yes, I'd like to see Sora's parents myself just to get more background info on Sora and the islands. I doubt it's going to happen though given the nature of the series and the thematic elements stressed in the games.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
At this point, additional background information about Sora will be trivial and of no importance whatsoever. We already know what needs to be known about him: that he's just an ordinary boy with an exceptional strength of heart, he's an oddball of a Keyblade wielder, he shelters Ventus, there are many hearts connected to him, and he will save those who are in torment.

The game didn't bother showing Sora's parents, not in ending scenes, not even in the credits. I think the chances of them actually appearing on-screen is abysmally low, if not altogether zippo.

blksabbath74

Yeah, like which parent has the spiky hair...

But yes, I'd like to see Sora's parents myself just to get more background info on Sora and the islands. I doubt it's going to happen though given the nature of the series and the thematic elements stressed in the games.

However, for rhetorical purposes, I be that one or both of them have abnormally large feet.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
At this point, additional background information about Sora will be trivial and of no importance whatsoever. We already know what needs to be known about him: that he's just an ordinary boy with an exceptional strength of heart, he's an oddball of a Keyblade wielder, he shelters Ventus, there are many hearts connected to him, and he will save those who are in torment.

The game didn't bother showing Sora's parents, not in ending scenes, not even in the credits. I think the chances of them actually appearing on-screen is abysmally low, if not altogether zippo.

Completely agree with that.
We already know most of the main gists of what makes Sora himself, and frankly I do find it better to see Sora wholly as his own individual who makes his choices because he himself wants to make them and his abilities are inherent of himself rather than some "he got that from his father" or the strength of his heart and the will to make friends with everyone was passed down from his mother.
Nomura himself has stated that he hasn't inherited anything from anybody, and I like it that way.

Correct, and that's because as has been repeatedly stated, blood/genetic-related family is not important in the KH series at all.
With that, the answer to the thread-question normally should state:

- Sora's father?
Is irrelevant!

I also reallly can't help but think about that KH goes heavily by the old saying:
"The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb."

Which basically means that relationships and bonds formed by one's own choice are worth more than those forced on oneself by biology, genetics or circumstances.

This can even extent (and contrast) to the "bonds" made by Sora and Xehanort when you compare them, as nearly all bonds made by Xehanort are forced and unhealthy for everyone but himself while Sora's are nearly all the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back