• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So why COULDN'T anyone say "Photo"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelnyn

Website
rabidfangirlofdoom.deviantart.com
In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts II, for a while nobody in Twilight Town was able to say the word "photo", and I'm still a little confused by this. I know it was the virtual Twilight Town run by DiZ, so my speculation is that DiZ just temporarily removed the word from the programming, but that's just me and I could be entirely wrong and probably missed an explanation in the game. Does anyone else have some thoughts/speculations/answers regarding this?

Edit: If DiZ DID, in fact, remove the word from the programming...then why? :/ Was it meant to throw off the Dusks or what?

Last edited:

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts II, for a while nobody in Twilight Town was able to say the word "photo", and I'm still a little confused by this. I know it was the virtual Twilight Town run by DiZ, so my speculation is that DiZ just temporarily removed the word from the programming, but that's just me and I could be entirely wrong and probably missed an explanation in the game. Does anyone else have some thoughts/speculations/answers regarding this?

Edit: If DiZ DID, in fact, remove the word from the programming...then why? :/ Was it meant to throw off the Dusks or what?

Good point. its probably becuase the dusks stole the photos, stealing the-- you know, i dont know how to answer this one.:bored: But thats a very good question.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Because that was the virtual Twilight Town. Instead of stealing Roxas, like they were supposed to, they stole the photo of Roxas. Not just the photos, the word itself.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Because that was the virtual Twilight Town. Instead of stealing Roxas, like they were supposed to, they stole the photo of Roxas. Not just the photos, the word itself.

so it was to confuse the Dusks. becuase they wanted roxas. they wanted roxas for sora's awakening.

The reason they couldn't say photo was because the photos were in fact data because it was a virtual town. So when they stole the photos they stole all the data concerning the photos including the word.

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com

~ they couldn't say the word "photo" for a while b/c of the organization finding the location of roxas. my guess is they used the word "photo" as some kind of clue or entry point to find roxas. they ended up stealing pictures of roxas instead of the real person b/c they simply can't tell the difference between the two. to them, it's nothing but data.

A

Azrael

DiZ did it to deviate the progress of the Dusk Nobodies, although when playing it the first time, I actually thought they were cursing xD

Rae

AYY FUTURE FISH
Deep in the hundred acre wood where Christopher Ro
Website
kurotofu.tumblr.com
lol yeah, though it would've been more convincing if Enix made that -BEEP- sound instead of muting the word xD. THAT, would've convinced me they were cursing.

At first (when I played for the first time), I thought the dusks were so obsessed that they entered people's minds and took away the word from their brain's databanks...xD

MrXIII

If I remember correctly, DiZ later told Riku that the Dusks were stealing the photos because they couldn't tell the difference between them and the real Roxas. That means that DiZ himself did NOT remove the word, the Dusks took it along with them. Not quite sure how that's supposed to be possible if that town was being simulated... but it wouldn't be the first thing in this game that doesn't make any intuitive sense.

Anyways, has anyone actually tried inserting "mudkip" instead of photo?

"Oh no! The mudkips, they're gone! Our mudkips, all gone!"

"What? Our mudkips are gone?"

Just a random thought of mine.

Mbz

If I remember correctly, DiZ later told Riku that the Dusks were stealing the photos because they couldn't tell the difference between them and the real Roxas. That means that DiZ himself did NOT remove the word, the Dusks took it along with them. Not quite sure how that's supposed to be possible if that town was being simulated... but it wouldn't be the first thing in this game that doesn't make any intuitive sense.

Anyways, has anyone actually tried inserting "mudkip" instead of photo?

"Oh no! The mudkips, they're gone! Our mudkips, all gone!"

"What? Our mudkips are gone?"

Just a random thought of mine.

I like your explanation.It makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back