• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So now that you-know-who has a keyblade...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

curlychuck

I apologize if I came across as negative towards this thread, that's not what I was going for....

Basically what I was trying to say is that the possibilities for the way axel (can't call him lea, doesn't feel right) uses the keyblade are nearly endless. Who knows what's going on in Nomura's head...

Personally, I think he'll just stick with the keyblade by itself. They are the most powerful weapons in the univers, if I'm not mistaken, besides the x-blade.

I do like the the idea of him using the keyblade similar to Ven, since that was probably the first way he saw one being used

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
In avoidance of simply regurgitating what others have said I'll point out something else out. Writers can't just write whatever they want without regard to rules or consistency. That's not how writing stories necessarily works -- characters should be thought of as their own person because that is ultimately what they are.

They may be created by someone else to act and behave a certain way, but that in no way makes these types of discussions pointless. People can get really into a certain series and love characters despite this truth; that they were made by someone's imagination doesn't make their feelings any less real.

If you merely don't see a point in any of this then choose to not participate in discussions. It's why you'll hardly see me speculating on anything.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Don't forget gummi ships are also a method of transport. The star shard was a "wild card" gummi piece. I can't imagine Lea using one, though. xD.

Don't Gummi Ships require a Keyblade wielder to open the pathways now that the walls between worlds have been rebuilt?

You know I could actually imagine him using the star shard and making some killer entries with it, unlike Donald and Goofy's, which was practical but not very elegant. The wild nature of it would kind of suit his personality in my opinion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I apologize if I came across as negative towards this thread, that's not what I was going for....

Basically what I was trying to say is that the possibilities for the way axel (can't call him lea, doesn't feel right) uses the keyblade are nearly endless. Who knows what's going on in Nomura's head...

Personally, I think he'll just stick with the keyblade by itself. They are the most powerful weapons in the univers, if I'm not mistaken, besides the x-blade.

I do like the the idea of him using the keyblade similar to Ven, since that was probably the first way he saw one being used

Even so, it doesn't mean one can't augment their skills with other weapons. He's always been a big dual weapon user, and while it is possible for him to change his fighting style, I think it'd make him much more unique to have something else besides his Keyblade to fight with. Unless, of course, he becomes good at transforming his Keyblade and can split it so it will be like using two weapons while it only being just one Keyblade.

Don't Gummi Ships require a Keyblade wielder to open the pathways now that the walls between worlds have been rebuilt?

Right. Yes, they do. I completely forgot (KH2 is like an eternity ago xD) but is it bad that I imagine Nomura eventually changing that?

You know I could actually imagine him using the star shard and making some killer entries with it, unlike Donald and Goofy's, which was practical but not very elegant. The wild nature of it would kind of suit his personality in my opinion.

(I meant him not using a gummi ship xD probably should have worded my sentence better) yes I can totally imagine Lea using a star shard. He'd just pop in and say how he's been on a doozy of an adventure and help Sora + co. out then get shot off to some other world. Misadventures of Lea the Hothead.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Right. Yes, they do. I completely forgot (KH2 is like an eternity ago xD) but is it bad that I imagine Nomura eventually changing that?
yeah it's been over 6 years. And I totally agree Nomura will probably change that, it is a huge road block for characters that aren't keybalde wielders to get around.
(I meant him not using a gummi ship xD probably should have worded my sentence better) yes I can totally imagine Lea using a star shard. He'd just pop in and say how he's been on a doozy of an adventure and help Sora + co. out then get shot off to some other world. Misadventures of Lea the Hothead.

Oh sorry, but yeah he'd probably crash the gummi ship, so I wouldn't trust him with one.

The Misadventures of Lea the Hothead. That actually sounds like it would be a fun game, that I'd want to play.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Why do they need gummiships anyway. Portal between worlds can be summoned with a cloak and a keyblade and walkedthrough, its alot easier and less time consumin both ingame and outside

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why do they need gummiships anyway. Portal between worlds can be summoned with a cloak and a keyblade and walkedthrough, its alot easier and less time consumin both ingame and outside

It's dangerous using the Corridors even if you have the coat to protect you from the Darkness around you, and Gummi Ships are to carry others who might not have a Keyblade to travel. It was why Donald and Goofy used the star shard in KH3D since there was no wielder with them. In KH3, if we're going to be with them again we're going to be in a Gummi Ship.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's the main reason: Gummi ships are for those characters without a Keyblade (and a significantly strong magician, as Merlin and Yen Sid are said to be able to cross worlds without corridors and gummi ships) to accompany them.

In fact, as we learned in BBS characters who are not Keyblade Wielders are normally not meant to travel between worlds and except Merlin and Scrooge McDuck (who explained to Ven that he came to Radiant Garden with Merlin's help) we see no character who isn't a wielder outside his/her own world in that game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah. It really seems that only the keyblade wielders where meant to travel the worlds, but a lot has changed within the last 11 years.
In general it seems that the realm of light restricts traveling between worlds to keyblade wielders and their companions, powerful magicians and users of darkness. Though I have the feeling all of them are actually not really intended to do so.

I wonder in what fashion Axel uses the Keyblade to travel. There seems to be to ways to travel between worlds using the keyblade one is to open a pathway between two worlds, like Sora and TAV did or to directly open a portal to where one wants to go, like Ven's Keyblade did at the end of Aqua's story in BBS. Because to travel the pathway you seem to need a vehicle and I don't thin Axel would take a Gummi Ship nor do I think he mastered the Keyblade enough to transform it into a vehicle.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Also, the garb to protect its wearer from darkness (either cloaks or armor) is probably really hard to come by, and the Gummi ships allow for transportation of large groups as well, where as keyblades seem to only allow the wielder (and maybe one other if its in a rider form like TAV)

PhantomSoD

(I'd like to note that a heart is a component of having a Keyblade, so unless Lea's got two hearts he's only going to ever have one Keyblade).

Actually, this quote made me think of something, and I realize this is a little out there, but you know how it was essentially confirmed in 3d that the nobodies of org.13 were beginning to grow hearts. What if whatever portion of a heart that grew within Axel stayed when Lea was made whole again. Thus granting him, along with other reborn org. members the ability to dual wield.(with how emotional Axel got towards the end, if it happened to any I'd bet it did for him)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would assume that the budding heart and the old heart would merge into one since they are from the same person with the same memories. To contrast, there is Roxas whose heart is probably much different from Sora because of the lack of memories + Ven's heart being there as something of an influence to his physical form.

So while Roxas ended up becoming his own person different from Sora and Ven, Lea and Axel have always been the same person.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with Spockanort. Axel basically started to become Lea again. He didn't really develop his own personality like Roxas and Xion did, but pretty much just returned to being himself. So it wouldn't be hard to believe that that the Hearts just simply merged. That said, I still wouldn't be surprised if Nomura ended up saying he had two hearts.

I kind of hope they'll touch on this in the next game.

Light

faster than
Awards
Actually, this quote made me think of something, and I realize this is a little out there, but you know how it was essentially confirmed in 3d that the nobodies of org.13 were beginning to grow hearts. What if whatever portion of a heart that grew within Axel stayed when Lea was made whole again. Thus granting him, along with other reborn org. members the ability to dual wield.(with how emotional Axel got towards the end, if it happened to any I'd bet it did for him)

I suppose it would give them the ability to duel wield, though I would hope that Square doesn't use that potential. I feel that it would ruin something that was special to the select few characters.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I suppose it would give them the ability to duel wield, though I would hope that Square doesn't use that potential. I feel that it would ruin something that was special to the select few characters.
That would also mean Lea and axel were two different people, two different hearts in the same body. I'd rather leave the dual weilding to roxas, if he still can.

Seighart

Awards
Correct me if im wrong but we actually haven't seen what it looks like to travel in between the Corridors of Darkness. I'd like to SEE why its so dangerous.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Correct me if im wrong but we actually haven't seen what it looks like to travel in between the Corridors of Darkness. I'd like to SEE why its so dangerous.

Think back to KH2. We actually got to travel through one to get from virtual Twilight town to TWTNW. Also we even saw Kairi run through one to Twilight Town.

JustSnilloc

Normally hearts will simply fuse together if put in the same container (Terranort anyone?) or one heart will consume the other... Sora is exceptional in that he is capable of harboring the hearts of others without harming them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back