• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So now that 2.5 HD is real...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Remember that they haven't translated Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix and 2 Final Mix, I think Summer 2014 is a good estimate.

There's not very much to translate, but that aside, Summer 2014 is a pretty reasonable frame of release. We don't really know how far along the project they are, so it's difficult to properly judge.

halwarlick

I believe Kingdom Hearts will be released hopefully in April, May or June of 2014. Knowing Square Enix, they probably have already been working on this game and it will be released earlier than one might think.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: So now that 2.5 HD is real....

I think the localization will be a lot sooner this time around because of few reasons:

1. Less stuff to localize compared to 1.5. Coded cutscenes will likely be very light compared to the Days in 1.5 and I don't expect them to remake any scenes.

2. I don't think SE wants to do late 2014 PS3 releases if they can help it. I also expect there to be a PS4 port of the HD collections and they want to get the PS3 games out before that happens.

3. The localization was announced globally. 1.5 localization was announced 5 months after Japan announcement.

They have to remake all of the "text-bubble" scenes for sure. Coded had so few cinematic cutscenes that if they didn't include the text-bubble parts, it would make pretty much no sense at all.

Plus, literally THE most important scene in Re:coded is a text bubble scene. No, not the secret ending. The part where Data Namine reveals the identities of all the people connected to Sora who need to be saved, and about how Sora needed to learn how to deal with the pain of their torment or else trying to save them prematurely would "shatter his heart" (kill him?)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

1. Less stuff to localize compared to 1.5. Coded cutscenes will likely be very light compared to the Days in 1.5 and I don't expect them to remake any scenes.
Did you think that Days wasn't going to have any scenes remade? Why should Re:coded be expected to not have scenes remade?

Seriously, lots of the scenes in Re:coded are worth the HD. The bromance moments between Sora and Riku, the lead up to the destruction of the Keyblade in Agrabah, Mickey explaining to Sora how he continues on his journey despite the Journal being reset, all of Castle Oblivion.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Did you think that Days wasn't going to have any scenes remade? Why should Re:coded be expected to not have scenes remade?

Seriously, lots of the scenes in Re:coded are worth the HD. The bromance moments between Sora and Riku, the lead up to the destruction of the Keyblade in Agrabah, Mickey explaining to Sora how he continues on his journey despite the Journal being reset, all of Castle Oblivion.

Yeah, the Castle Oblivion parts are literally the reason you play Re:coded, plot-wise. That's where all the WTF's get answered, and every scene is text bubble except for the ending scene. So they literally have to remake those.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Yeah, the Castle Oblivion parts are literally the reason you play Re:coded, plot-wise. That's where all the WTF's get answered, and every scene is text bubble except for the ending scene. So they literally have to remake those.

Hopefully they give us an actual fight scene there with data sora and roxas as well since days lacked any.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They should be better prepared last time.
When they found out that Days wasn't going to be a full on game, they already had most of the scenes made up. And because they didn't know it was just going to be cutscenes, they didn't have any fighting scenes made. It's why Nomura commented that if they knew it was going to be a movie, they would have designed it better which they now have the ability to do for Re:coded.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Thinking about the possibilities of Re:coded being a full-blown freaking movie instead of just a string of cutscenes is amazing. Not that I don't like Days the Movie, but it sure could've benefitted from the inclusion of crucial fights such as Roxas' with Saix as well as obviously Xion.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Thinking about the possibilities of Re:coded being a full-blown freaking movie instead of just a string of cutscenes is amazing. Not that I don't like Days the Movie, but it sure could've benefitted from the inclusion of crucial fights such as Roxas' with Saix as well as obviously Xion.

I couldn't believe they skipped the Saix fight. If your only exposure to Days is watching the cinematics, you don't even know that the fight ever happened. And it's one of the coolest parts in the game. I don't know why it was skipped either. There was a text bubble scene right before it, so they should have redone it.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I couldn't believe they skipped the Saix fight. If your only exposure to Days is watching the cinematics, you don't even know that the fight ever happened. And it's one of the coolest parts in the game. I don't know why it was skipped either. There was a text bubble scene right before it, so they should have redone it.

I know, right? I really wanted to hear the voiced dialogue of that part...

Saix: "We don't accept resignations."
Roxas: "I've got nothing to say to you."
Saix: "Then let's keep this short and sweet."

The brevity of that scene was so captivating, and did they just forget to include that part afterward where Saix lamented about his lack of heart?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think it'll be similar to KH1.5, if not maybe a little earlier.

I really hope they can release it in Summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took their time again.

I also really hope that Coded is more of a movie than a cutscene collection.

xMikelaw19

I think it'll be similar to KH1.5, if not maybe a little earlier.

I really hope they can release it in Summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took their time again.

I also really hope that Coded is more of a movie than a cutscene collection.

i want it to be released around summer, but part of me thinks square will take their time like they usually do and release it in september like they did last time. Kinda like the fan in me wants KH3 around early 2015, while i know its got 2-16/17 written all over it lol

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
You've got to remember that one of the main reasons release dates are chose is because of marketing. Summer is a bad time to release games. Expect to see it this time next year regardless of when work on the English version actually finished (unless it is finished well in time for a simultaneous Japanese launch which is unlikely).

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It made me kind of sad that the Xion battle wasn't shown in the Days cinematics. Maybe they can make up for this by adding a Data Xion battle in KH2FM or something. If not, I hope what they will do to Re:coded will be better.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It made me kind of sad that the Xion battle wasn't shown in the Days cinematics. Maybe they can make up for this by adding a Data Xion battle in KH2FM or something. If not, I hope what they will do to Re:coded will be better.

"This is why I was created!"

*falls down*

Didn't even get to see her transform or anything. For those who didn't play the game, one might assume you fight her when she looks like Sora. So sad :/

Gram

Banned
Awards

A Xion data battle would be pretty boss. Long as they added every form to the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back