• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how did Maleficent do this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay I know this is really old and maybe this has been answered before, but i've been thinking about it lately and it's bugging me.

Can someone please explain to me how the hell did Maleficent come back to life in KH2?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
The good fairies remembering her sparked her revival. Why? Hell if I know.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
She had a spell casted on herself that if anyone remembered hers she could come back to life. It's like that old saying, as long as someone remembers you your not really gone.....but ya know for evil.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The good fairies remembering her sparked her revival. Why? Hell if I know.

A better question is why everyone forgot about each other. I mean, I know Sora had a reason for his memory loss, but everybody else too?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
From the Kingdom Hearts wiki:

Xemnas once sent Axel and Roxas to Hollow Bastion to wipe out Heartless and release a raven from a cage suspended from the ceiling. It is heavily suggested that this raven is Diablo and was released to revive Maleficent. The Organization may have planned to use her to create more Heartless for their plans.

A better question is why everyone forgot about each other. I mean, I know Sora had a reason for his memory loss, but everybody else too?

The same way anyone would forget someone. The good fairies haven't seen her in a good 10 years since she destroyed their home world. Anyone could forget someone in that amount of time.

bgizzles45

Xemnas once sent Axel and Roxas to Hollow Bastion to wipe out Heartless and release a raven from a cage suspended from the ceiling. It is heavily suggested that this raven is Diablo and was released to revive Maleficent. The Organization may have planned to use her to create more Heartless for their plans.

When the fuck did this happen? I don't recall Hollow Bastion being in 358/2 Days.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
When the fuck did this happen? I don't recall Hollow Bastion being in 358/2 Days.

It was in one of the novels. Whether this is canon or not is debatable. But where else has this bird been if not locked up in Maleficent's room?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
And how exactly does remembering someone = ressurection from the dead?

I mean if that's the case then when and if Sora kills Xehanort, wouldn't it be really easy to ressurect him?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
And how exactly does remembering someone = ressurection from the dead?

I mean if that's the case then when and if Sora kills Xehanort, wouldn't it be really easy to ressurect him?

It's probably just Maleficent's magic. Nothing more.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I was gonna say lol, Sora would become nearly invincible fighting along side Donald and Goofy because the second he dies, Donald or Goofy just think his name and BAM! there he is...I think that would be the worst place the story could go in right now because it would make this much sense -----> .

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It's probably just Maleficent's magic. Nothing more.

Since when does she have that kind of magic? I know she can become a dragon, but the lady isnt' Shenron.

I was gonna say lol, Sora would become nearly invincible fighting along side Donald and Goofy because the second he dies, Donald or Goofy just think his name and BAM! there he is...I think that would be the worst place the story could go in right now because it would make this much sense -----> .

Yeah no kidding XD

Voltron

Silver Member
Same way Ursula and Oogie Boogie were brought back to life; darkness. She may have not truely been gone but needed certain things to happen to help her revive. Perhaps the good fairies remembering her gave her the strength to regain herself.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Same way Ursula and Oogie Boogie were brought back to life; darkness. She may have not truely been gone but needed certain things to happen to help her revive. Perhaps the good fairies remembering her gave her the strength to regain herself.

Oh yeah I forgot Oogie Boogie and Ursula were also dead and revived in KH2. Now i'm even more confused.

Gram

Banned
Awards
just tell yourself it was nomura giving into fanservice, it'll save you a headache ~

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Or maybe she just never died and was just in a very weakened state and needed the remembrance from someone else to become whole again.

aka magic

Even the good fairies knew as soon as they remembered her that they had just screwed over the entire universe.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Ursula's resurrection was the worst, since not only did she come to life but everyone seemed to develop selective amnesia regarding everything that dealt with her. Like Ariel and all of them remember Sora, Donald, and Goofy but not the fact that they killed Ursula a year before hand...otherwise Ariel wouldn't have been like "Didn't my father banish you?" she would have been like "Bitch, didn't I kill you?"

But alas, she just fell for the same thing again...

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Or maybe she just never died and was just in a very weakened state and needed the remembrance from someone else to become whole again.

aka magic

Even the good fairies knew as soon as they remembered her that they had just screwed over the entire universe.

Well just took a look at a cutscene from Re:Chain of Memories (Decided to go back and play it a little) and Vexen's says that she didn't actually die in KH1. That she was actually trapped in the Realm of Darkness. So apparently she used the memories of the three fairies to somehow escape from the Realm of Darkness. So while a little vague on how memories actually helps a person escape the realm of darkness, it's better than memories restoring the dead to life.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Ursula's resurrection was the worst, since not only did she come to life but everyone seemed to develop selective amnesia regarding everything that dealt with her. Like Ariel and all of them remember Sora, Donald, and Goofy but not the fact that they killed Ursula a year before hand...otherwise Ariel wouldn't have been like "Didn't my father banish you?" she would have been like "Bitch, didn't I kill you?"

But alas, she just fell for the same thing again...

And her resurrection was as vague as "From the powers of darkness". I'm not joking. That is literally the official explanation.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
And her resurrection was as vague as "From the powers of darkness". I'm not joking. That is literally the official explanation.

I know, at least they seem to imply that Maleficent was able to resurrect (or at least aided in the resurrection of) Oogie Boogie, and show the completely nonsensical resurrection of Maleficent. But Ursula just pops the kupo out of nowhere. Like she had always been alive.

Well just took a look at a cutscene from Re:Chain of Memories (Decided to go back and play it a little) and Vexen's says that she didn't actually die in KH1. That she was actually trapped in the Realm of Darkness. So apparently she used the memories of the three fairies to somehow escape from the Realm of Darkness. So while a little vague on how memories actually helps a person escape the realm of darkness, it's better than memories restoring the dead to life.

Woah, he does explain that? I need to replay it too I guess :p I was planning on it anyway, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back