• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Small little pieces.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I got a couple pieces that still aren't 100% done at all, most don't even have the second half or 90% of it... but... they're viewable I'd say.

First up I'm gonna post the one that's the most complete.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I wanna post this one at least while I figure out what to do with the other 5.

But hey, did my homework at least. Kind of. [IT ISN'T DONE AAAGH MY TEACHER IS GONNA HATE ME[/paranoia]]

In the mean time while I decide to post things, have you seen the finished form of The Stone House?
http://forums.khinsider.com/creative-writing/210415-stone-house-final-version.html

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Ticking clock bed

I'm actually surprised it had a happy ending. I really liked the way you described it as performing, because it really is. Having to watch loved ones or anyone pretend it isn't as bad as it seems. When in reality, you know it's really bad and feels like you're dying. Of course, doctors try to sugar coat it, but usually, they tell you straight up how bad it is, how much it costs, the risks and more. Furthermore, describing the sterile smell of a hospital versus a familiar one is spot on, because I greatly dislike the smell of a hospital myself. And it was great having this lead up to what was wrong with the protagonist in this story too. Bravo, Annoyance! It was fantastic and extremely well written.

I look forward to anything else you show up and best of luck with your homework!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was worried about how it would be presented, as I honestly haven't had much experience in the hospital myself, especially with something very wrong going on. Also wasn't exactly sure where to go with "what she has" and how that's treated... I just choose to go back to it later I guess and get it done and focus on the feelings.

in other news though HERE'S ANOTHER THING

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And here have some haikus I posted on tw
itter which is a thing I do now I guess. :v NEAT. [neither have much to do with the other at all and one is similar to ten minutes so ech]

Where does the time go?
Watching snowflakes fall slowly
Hold my hand and stare.

I will destroy you
Hearts broken and shadows cast
We will rebuild "us"

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
If you ever have questions about hospitals, feel free to ask me about it. I've been in a hospital on different occasions. Nothing serious, of course, but enough to tell you more. And my mother happens to be a nurse, so plenty of uh... stories there. lol. Otherwise, I still think you wrote it out quite splendidly for someone who hasn't had much experience in a hospital. :3

Bread

This was a heartwarming story to read. I really like Donna a lot in this chapter, because it goes to show her will in not giving up in pursuing her dreams. Trial and error is how one learns how to cook or bake. I've certainly been there. Furthermore, I like how Milly supports her mothers endeavors in baking bread, because there's some moral support lingering in there. And a lot of hope between both women as well. The ending was probably my favorite about it. <3

I like the second haiku the best, because it speaks out to me. Sometimes one must destroy in order to become something better, which rings true. And it has a nice ring to it!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you ever have questions about hospitals, feel free to ask me about it. I've been in a hospital on different occasions. Nothing serious, of course, but enough to tell you more. And my mother happens to be a nurse, so plenty of uh... stories there. lol. Otherwise, I still think you wrote it out quite splendidly for someone who hasn't had much experience in a hospital. :3

Bread

This was a heartwarming story to read. I really like Donna a lot in this chapter, because it goes to show her will in not giving up in pursuing her dreams. Trial and error is how one learns how to cook or bake. I've certainly been there. Furthermore, I like how Milly supports her mothers endeavors in baking bread, because there's some moral support lingering in there. And a lot of hope between both women as well. The ending was probably my favorite about it. <3

I like the second haiku the best, because it speaks out to me. Sometimes one must destroy in order to become something better, which rings true. And it has a nice ring to it!
Thank you! I appreciate having a resource like that. ;A; So helpful!

I'm glad you liked Donna. I wanted to use the description from someone I saw at work [similar to how I saw Natalie at work, too] and give life to someone making something from scratch. I'm working on something too with someone making spaghetti but with a little more of a story that I still have to hammer out.

I'm so glad you liked it. These two pieces are being turned in tomorrow and I'm noivus :x

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Alright I said I would have people look at it first, but whatever. I'll use feedback from you guys to tweak it.

I doubt anyone here now has seen this when I originally posted it back in 2009... but yeah. I rewrote it essentially, keeping only bits and pieces of the original wording and concept. It still needs a lot of work for me to be happy with it as I am today so please let me know what you think and what could be fixed.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Realized that I never posted Spaghetti which needs a better title probably but never will get one because diddly it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
more haiku i've tweeted.

Leaf on the swift wind

Carry me through the bare trees.
Settled down on the ground.

Overwhelming dread.
Midterms are coming and I,
Well, shit, diddly, ass, dicks.

Sirens heard blaring.
My heart shrinks and hides away
Becoming harsh stone.

Bite the tongue kissing

Push away any feelings
The barriers rise.

Rivers are flowing
To and fro, my heart's beating
Blood flowing in veins

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Made another thing, here's another rough draft.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Awards
I love Red String to death. To answer the question, as to why it's sad, the red string of fate is almost like a curse. Because no matter how much it's stretched, tangled, it can never be cut. Even though to two people no longer want to be together their still connected. They can try to move on, to be with other people, but their always reminded of the red string tied around their finger. And because of that hope that they'll come back together is there. That soul shackling hope that you can get back what you lost. But you can't. Even if you pull them back, it'll never be the same. So you're left there, with only memories that tear your heart apart, and red string tied around your finger.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know damn well why it's sad but I enjoyed your take on it regardless. I think the character knows, but it's one of those things like you don't want to say it because then it's true.

I made up the dialogue but the feelings could be rooted in nonfiction. This is kind of normal for fiction writing though.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, I can't believe I didn't get that. Now it makes it even more sad, since the characters knows and still hold on to those feelings. It's like saying something without having to say it, right?

Yeah that's what I was going for. These kind of feelings are complicated and it's really tough to face them head on, especially when you see those reminders of the person. Working on another piece that's the same concept, different idea. It's probably my last assignment piece but yeah.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

this is kind of an assignment filler because I'm too stressed right now to be too creative. This one again kinda hits close to home for me and is essentially non-fiction shh don't tell no one.

Last edited:

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
Wow, you have an amazing gift for descriptions! I especially enjoyed your first piece, like I felt a bit of a shiver, but in a good way, I'll have to read it again to find the deeper meaning within but it's great stuff you have written!!

I also really love this haiku of yours:

"Do not stomp on me
Through flame and ashes, believe
I will rise again."

Simple yet so inspirational. Like that comma before the "believe," I don't know why but it sticks out for me, it's the little things that keep me going, don't stop!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, you have an amazing gift for descriptions! I especially enjoyed your first piece, like I felt a bit of a shiver, but in a good way, I'll have to read it again to find the deeper meaning within but it's great stuff you have written!!

I also really love this haiku of yours:

"Do not stomp on me
Through flame and ashes, believe
I will rise again."

Simple yet so inspirational. Like that comma before the "believe," I don't know why but it sticks out for me, it's the little things that keep me going, don't stop!
I greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much. Please, do read Stone House again, if you have time, maybe the finished one that you can find here:
http://forums.khinsider.com/creative-writing/210415-stone-house-final-version.html

I'm currently tweaking it to publish it in another magazine, I think, but I'm not sure how different it will be?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ghosts of you staring
The hairs on my neck flare up
Shadowed memories

Everything moves on
Continuing past me here
Days leave me hollow

Where have my words gone?