• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sky Angels- Please PM me your emails if you want to recieve the rest of the Chapters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Re: Sky Angels

....I can see that....

I'm not a fan....

Top List of Couple types I hate:
4. Yaoi
3. Yuri
2. Old and Young Couples
1. Sibling Couples

EDIT- Although.......I just got a really awesome comic idea....>:3

So I take it you don't like Ouran High School Host Club? xDD

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards

....I can see that....

I'm not a fan....

Top List of Couple types I hate:
4. Yaoi
3. Yuri
2. Old and Young Couples
1. Sibling Couples

EDIT- Although.......I just got a really awesome comic idea....>:3

Haha, same here.
And what idea?

So I take it you don't like Ouran High School Host Club? xDD

You talking about the Hitachiin twins? They only fake being a couple XDDD
I love that show, but I hate incest.

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards

Yep. I always thought it was a bit more than faking though.
But I have to agree, incest is... disgusting.

*nods* Yeah, sometimes, I suppose. But they both like Haruhi, so meeeeh.
Sorry, I'm a nerd about these things XD

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow

HAHA!!! I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED IT!!!! *passes out from exhaustion* I hope its been worth the wait. Sorry if it seems a bit rushed near the end.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 17: Nothing Else Matters

Elva sat on the bed taking in all the information Volos’s mother, Lyra her name was, had given her. After that story…Elva no longer knew where she stood with Volos. A part of her even felt sorry for him. It was such a terrible thing to happen…at five years old. His whole life was a struggle to maintain the balance. Volos lived in constant paranoia of his secret being discovered. Though his sad life story didn’t change all of Elva’s beliefs about him. He still killed many people, he was still after Dawn and nothing was going to get in his way.

Suddenly a loud pounding on the door made Elva jump. Volos’s mother quickly but quietly shuffled Elva under the bed before disappearing. Elva had her breath staring at the door from beneath the small bed. Her heart pounded quickly and she suddenly had the bad urge to pee but she held her breath and waited. The Dark soldiers pounded the door down. Elva sucked in a final deep breath then held it on fear of being heard then caught. The soldiers searched the whole room knocking things over and tearing the room apart.

The one spot they failed to look, however, was under the bed but Elva knew her luck would run out soon. Just then, something shiny caught her eye by her leg. Very slowly and quietly, she reached back and pulled the shiny thing towards her face. A pommel. A sword! Her first thought was to slaughter them all then make a run for it but then she remembered that this was their base and hundreds more would be upon her in an instant.

Then a second thought came to mind. She had no time to dwell upon it but she was glad she used to be the Captain of the Sprinters. Her cue came when a large Dark soldier lifted the bed high above his head and tossed it aside. Elva rolled over then thrust her blade into his gut. The Dark screamed attracting the other Dark to her. Elva spun around on her back then flipped over to her feet. She yanked the sword out of the sheath of the dead Dark. She thrust that blade into the ground then jumped up sideway and swung all the way around the sword; kicking everyone away.

Elva yanked the Dark blade out of the floor then charged for the window, slashing Dark out of her way without missing a step. Along the way she quickly swooped down and grabbed a large shield one of the guards had dropped. Just as she jumped up toward the window, time seemed to slow as Lyra suddenly appeared tapped the collar around Elva’s neck causing it to shatter. The fall was only a few metres onto the volcanic rock below. Elva slipped the shield under her feet just before she hit the ground.

She bounced then began rock boarding down the smooth, hot stone. The guards howled in anger as they began firing everything they had at her. Elva swerved left and right dodging the sharp flying objects; using her two blades for balance like skiing.

“I may not be able to leave…but I can still help.” Lyra whispered in Elva’s mind, using her telepathic powers. “I’ve studied this mountain and I’ll guide you.”

Elva nodded. A small purple ball appeared floating in front of Elva’s face. Her eyes fixated upon it and she opened her mind allowing it to guide her down the traitorous mountain. Not once did she look at the ground.

“Good. Almost there…!” Lyra was suddenly cut off.

Well…actually Elva was. A large Dark Creature suddenly burst out of the shadows and knocked off her makeshift board. Elva screamed in pain as the creature and she slid against the razor sharp rocks. The Dark Creature even seemed to scream in pain. Elva’s clothes were torn to shreds leaving her skin in nearly the same condition. Her blood smeared against the rocks as she continued to slide down the face of the mountain. She could feel it…the heat of the River of Lava. Consciousness slipped from her mind. She was losing too much blood too quickly.

That would have been the end of Elva…hadn’t another stranger swoop down and scoop her up in his arms. She was too weak to see…though she didn’t feel any safer than sliding down the mountain.

“It’s Volos! He’s returned…and he has your son!”

Z’s eyes widened at the news. He was too shocked to react right away. This shocked the others too. Not so much the report of the kidnap but the information that Z had a son. Em was most shocked. Everyone’s attention then slowly turned to her. They all knew she was good friends with him…

Suddenly Z snapped into action. Without a word, Z slapped his bracelet causing a large white beam to shoot down from the clear blue sky. Jud knew what was happening and quickly shuffled everyone into the large beam on risk of being left behind. Z was blinded by determination, fear and anger. No longer did the well being of his friends matter. Nothing else mattered to him but his son.

Despite being a really serious moment, Tito couldn’t help throw in a “Beam us up Scotty” causing him to be smacked on the head by the others. But that’s exactly what happened. A second blue beam shot down and they were dragged up by a circular blue elevator plate. It was only mere seconds before they reached space. Dawn gasped as she stared at the empty black space. The stars were so beautiful in space! She placed her hands on the moving walls for a close up and found her hands weren’t being dragged down.

Dawn liked. She was going to meet the Spacelings! Hopefully though they were a bit more hospitable than the Underlings. Just then the glass cracked where her hands were. She was about to scream then she realized why… Her hands…had become claws. Black, armoured claws. They were real! She didn’t want anyone to see!

“Hey Dawn…you alright?” Scelia asked.

Dawn panicked. Quickly she changed into her Flyer form and pulled her sleeves over her hands.

“Yeah…of course!” Dawn lied.

Scelia cocked an eyebrow as to why Dawn suddenly changed form but said nothing more. She just figured Dawn hadn’t quite gotten the hang of her powers yet and changed by accident. Meanwhile, Em kept her eyes on Z with an expression of worry and confusion. She had so many questions. Why did Z lie to her? Was he married? Did he have more children? Who was his son? But she could also see then was not the time to be asking questions. He wasn’t the Z Em knew. She knew he’d get passionate about some things but not like this. In his eyes, swirled anger and hatred so dangerously it frightened Em.

Orange eyes…

For a brief second, Z’s eyes flashed orange. There was…a reason Spaceling eyes were gold. Spacelings were the first to succumb to the darkness. Their greed for technology grew to consume them. They also sought out eternal life and created a chemical to do so. After decades of research they discovered Darks lived an incredibly long time. A few years later, a Spaceling by the name of Dr. Greenwood, developed the serum from Darks blood. Several tests proved the diluted blood injected into the blood stream significantly improved the health of the subject.

It wasn’t long before everyone was using it. And it wasn’t much longer before everyone became addicted to it. The serum was to be injected once a month but people became greedy and began using it everyday; polluting their minds and bodies with ecstasy and bliss. Then after the first year of being over used, the Spacelings began having negative side effects. They became violent and aggressive. Many Spacelings were killed by the poison flowing through their veins.

Those that survived changed. They became the first Dark Creatures. These changes did not go unnoticed by the Dark Lord. Once the transformations were complete, he came and collected the creatures. But all was not lost for the Spacelings. A few hundred people realized the changes and stopped using the drug before it was too late. They hid until the Dark Lord left and then started a new. However, the drug never left their systems completely leaving them and their children, and their children’s children scarred forever with gold eyes.

Spacelings now teetered on such a feeble line. It wouldn’t take much to yield to that power once more and become a Dark Creature. That was Em’s fear. And it was starting to come to pass. She could see it…in his eyes. Darkness.

It was only a few seconds later before they were standing in the hangar of the Space Colony Nevis. The others didn’t have much time to recover before Z sped off past the large spacecrafts towards the back exit. Everyone staggered to their feet, really weak from the effects of the trip. Em was first to recover through her worry for Z followed by Jud then Tito then Dawn then Scelia then finally little Molly who had never been so high above the ground.

While she ran, Dawn looked down at her hands and found they were back to normal. She breathed a deep sigh. It must have been a bad nightmare. Molly wasn’t feeling to well. Her body wasn’t used to this environment and she fell and got sick. Scelia stopped and ran back to her side.

“I don’t feel so good…” Molly groaned clutching her stomach.

“Its okay…I’ll help.” Scelia said turning Molly over onto her back then resting Molly’s head on her lap. “The air is purified in here to keep everyone healthy and clean but unfortunately that’s cleaning out your insides too from all the dirt.”

Scelia placed her hand on Molly’s stomach. “I just need to soften the chemicals acting in your body and you’ll be fine.”

Scelia pressed a bit harder on Molly’s stomach causing water to seep into her skin. Molly giggled a little as she felt the water gently flow through all her veins. Within seconds, Molly felt much better. The sickness had gone away.

“Thank you.” Molly smiled standing up. “We better catch up with the others…”

Scelia nodded then the two girls took off down the corridor after everyone else.

“I don’t like this…” Tito whispered to Jud as they ran.

Jud nodded in agreement. “I fear this will not end well…”

“I’m more worried about Em. Everyone knows she likes Z. She must feel so crushed at the moment.” Tito added.

“Z wait!” Em cried trying to catch up.

Z was fast. There was no question to that. He showed that when he fought. He showed it when he ran. Only a few people in the world could match his running speed. Tito, Jud, Dawn and Scelia would fly but the corridors were too narrow for their wings to spread fully and the ceiling was too low for them to fly properly. Z charged through the sliding doors to the Commanding Room.

“What is the meaning of this, Commander Envore?!” The Head Commanding Officer barked. “You know you’re not allowed to use the warp tunnel unless it’s an absolute emergency!”

“I received a message from the Lieutenant that Volos had infiltrated this facility and kidnapped my son!” Z sneered back raising his white bracelet.

The hologram of the Lieutenant reappeared and the Head Commander watched it closely. After the message he barked at one of his soldiers to bring the Lieutenant in. The Lieutenant looked up at Z and flinched as he stared into his cold, rage burning eyes.

“But I didn’t send you anything, Commander Envore!” The Lieutenant quivered.

That’s when Z realized it…and that’s when the others finally caught up. They burst through the doors panting. The Lieutenant always addressed Z as Commander Envore…the hologram addressed him as Commander Zeeld.

“Where’s Malachi?!” Z barked at the room full of soldiers.

“H-he’s in his r-r-room, w-w-with his t-tutor.” The Lieutenant stuttered in fear.

Z whipped around and charged out the door, jumping over his exhausted friends. Since he was so fast, Z didn’t realize that the run was actually five miles of corridor. Plus the others were still recovering and getting use to the new environment. Everyone just managed to keep up but was too exhausted. Dawn looked to her Aunt who was leaning against the wall panting. She could see Em wanted to go after him but was too exhausted to move. Then her blue necklace caught her attention. The small white crystal bestowed upon her by Bhathala was shining brightly.

Dawn staggered sorely over to Em and placed a weak hand on her shoulder. “You deserve to go after him.” She said.

The tiny crystal inside Dawn’s necklace glowed blindingly bright but Em felt her strength returning. She smiled at her niece then after a quick thank you, ran after Z. The crystal did more than just help Em recover; it improved her strength and speed. It wasn’t long before Z was in her sights again. He slid around the next corner and charged into a room. Em came up a few seconds later and quickly scanned the room while panting. The room was small with silver metal (like the rest of the ship) with a small white bed along the right wall. In the top left corner of the room stood a tall metal desk with a computer…and little Malachi.

Beside him sat a pudgy woman with thick curly grey hair. Her face was wrinkled but still looked firm. She was like the scary grandmother that no one dared mess with. She even frightened Em a bit with those scary gold eyes. But Z was unfazed.

“Dad, what are you doing here?” Malachi asked a little surprised.

Z released a great sigh of relief before straightening again. “Come here.”

Malachi slipped off his high chair as Z knelt down on knee and embraced his son tightly. Em felt a swell of emotion in her gut. She never had any children of her own so she never got to experience the joy of embracing a child. Em always believed herself to be a strong, loner woman after Jaara left. She never loved another man in fear of being hurt again. When Jaara left her…standing on the beach, she felt a painful tear in her heart.

“What’s wrong, dad? Why are you crying?” Malachi asked.

Em looked up and watched the tears escape Z’s eyes, breaking through the dirt on his face and onto his son’s shirt. He was really scared. Z could barely speak. He just clutched his son tighter in his arms afraid to let go again. Afraid…that when he let go, Volos would snatch him up and take the one thing he cared for in the whole world away.

“I’m staying here…till I feel its safe to leave you again.” Z said momentarily pulling away from his son.

A huge toothy smile stretched across Malachi’s face. “YAY!!”

And that’s when Em got a good look at him. Malachi stood at about four feet tall with thick black hair and gold eyes with a very bony frame. He wore a silver t-shirt and silver shorts with two white stripes along the hem line then white socks. Strange enough…he looked nothing like Z. Sure he had the eyes but so did every Spaceling. There were no similarities between the two. The boy’s nose was round like a button while Z’s was narrow and his hair was black…Z’s was green. Even if the mother had those features, none of Z’s was there. Speaking of which…where was the mother?

Z stood up and took Malachi by his hand. “Tell the others we’re staying here for a while.” Z ordered sternly.

Em looked into Z’s eyes. The tears and redness immediately disappeared leaving Em to stare into his cold, pained eyes. She had no other choice but to obey and ran back towards the others. Em was usually a strong woman…she rarely cried. But staring into those eyes…seeing her good friend was being consumed by darkness...was enough to force those rare tears out of her eyes. Before she rounded the last corner to her friends, Em stopped to wipe her tears away and hide the fact she had just been crying. Taking a deep breath, she walked up to her friends who were sitting against the cold metal walls.

“Z says we’re staying here for a while.” Em repeated quietly.

No one objected. No one questioned her. Despite her efforts, Em couldn’t hide the fact she was crying. They all knew this whole event affected them both drastically. A few minutes later, a Cadet was sent by Z to show them to their rooms. As they walked through the cold metal corridors everyone could feel a dark presence lurking the brightly lit halls. And it was growing.

“We should leave.” Dawn whispered to Jud. “We should leave and take Z and Malachi with us. I sense something bad, something dark happening.”

Jud nodded in agreement. “I sense it too. But Z is blinded by rage and fear. He will not come easily.”

“And…what about my Aunt?”

Jud paused a moment before answering. “Her heart has been torn. She feels betrayed and confused however, I fear she will still follow him.”

“Fear?”

Dawn stared at the huge Afro-American Flyer with wide eyes as he nodded but she could see his point. Em would continue to follow Z which could mean she follow him into trouble. Em could be severely hurt…and not just emotionally. The Cadet led them to the Spacelings’ Guest Floor. A white hallway with doors on either side. It was two to a room so Dawn and Em went in one room, Scelia and Molly then Tito and Jud. Z joined them in the guest wing taking a room with his son. The whole time, not once did Malachi leave his side. Z wasn’t going to take any risks. One second was all Volos needed.

After a good, long, hot, cleansing shower, Dawn changed into a nightgown (which the Spacelings provided) then headed to Tito and Jud’s room. Tito and Dawn sat on his bed talking while Jud was in the shower. Most of the conversation was about Z and Em. They were worried about the two adults; in different ways. Z hadn’t even said a word to them since they arrived. It was confusing and annoyingly painful not knowing the whole story. Thing was, neither of them saw a mother but that could mean anything. They knew Z not to be the kind of man to cheat however this could instantly be turned around with a tad too much alcohol.

They also wondered if Z was possibly married but the mother died but then they remembered he loved Em. And still did. So why give up and marry someone else? That didn’t seem like Z. Or maybe even, it was Em’s child. It didn’t make sense. None of their theories made sense. But without information, the theories continued; growing wilder and taller with each passing minute. Jud stepped out of the steam filled bathroom dressed in white pyjamas (also provided by the Spacelings) which was Dawn’s queue to leave. Surprisingly it was really late. Dawn was sure it was early morning when they left the desert but then again it was always night in space.

Sure the tunnel felt like a few seconds but it might have actually been a few hours in Earth time. They were given a meal just before bed consisting of a coloured strange gloop. It actually tasted really good. It looked like Jell-O but Dawn found that it was food. The blue gloop was some sort of meat. Dawn couldn’t tell which though, however it tasted like a white meat. The green gloop were a variety of vegetables and the yellow gloop were potatoes. The really cool part was it felt cold but as soon as the Jell-O food touched her mouth it felt hot like it was freshly out of the hot pan.

Dawn licked her tray clean…but Em…barely touched her food. She just mindlessly poked it with her spoon.

“Why don’t you go talk to him?” Dawn asked breaking the thick silence with her quiet tone.

Em looked up with an expression of why-didn’t-I-think-of-that-before on her face. It was pretty obvious. So with a simple nod, she stood up and walked over to Z’s room a few doors down. Taking a deep, nervous breath, Em knocked on the door.

“I-I-it’s-it’s me. E-E-Em.” Em shook.

Five seconds…then ten seconds passed without anything yet to Em it seemed like eternity. She nearly jumped and gasped when the hidden light above the door flashed green and it slid open. She stepped in timidly, slowly scanning the bright white room. It was a basic room like the others just with one large bed instead of the two like Dawn and she had. To Em’s left (with the door being along the right side of the corridor walking south) stood a tall white wardrobe with a white door leading to the bathroom beside it then to her right a small desk with basic (in Spaceling terms) Hologram set and on either side of the bed sat two small bedside drawers. And upon the bed sat Z pecking away at his PDA type thing with his fingers.

Steam escaped from the bottom of the bathroom door indicating Malachi was in there taking a shower. Zeeld looked up to acknowledge her presences before returning to his gadget. He wasn’t the same Z. The Z Em knew would put everything aside to talk to her. She sat on the foot of the large bed and began talking.

“Z…why didn’t you ever tell me…you had a son?”

“Cause he’s not my son.” Z answered flatly as he continued updating the security fields.

“What?” Em gasped lightly now even more confused.

Without even looking up, Z responded, “He was left on my doorstep as a baby nine years ago with a note from his mother asking I’d take care of him. I tried finding her again but she seemed to have completely vanished leaving me with him. So I raised him.”

“But-but did you never tell me?” Em asked, stammering a bit.

“Because you didn’t need to know.”

The air in the room became colder and thicker upon Em’s chest. She slowly stood up then backed away; not daring to take her eyes off him. Hoping…hoping he’d look up and return to his old fun loving self. Hoping he’d smile his famous warm smile. But he didn’t. It took every ounce of will power to hold back the tears welling in Em’s eyes. Z…her best friend…was lost forever. Em turned and ran out of his room then into hers and dove under her bed sheets. She just wanted to go to sleep then wake up and find this was all a bad dream.

Dawn stared at her Aunt quivering and whimpering under the thin white sheets. She hated seeing her like that on the other hand when Em wanted to talk, she would. And right now, she didn’t want to. Dawn decided it would be best to stay in Scelia’s and Molly’s room; giving her Aunt space. It was a long, painful night though eventually they all drifted into a strange deep sleep.

It was about four in the morning. Malachi lay curled up in his father’s strong arms obviously to what was happening. Like he did to his friends, Z didn’t tell Malachi a thing other than he wasn’t allowed to leave his sight. Malachi wondered why but he also enjoyed having his Father around. Just then, Malachi awoke the sound of a womanly voice calling to him. He opened his groggy eyes and stared at the door. It was open…and inside stood the silhouette of a woman hidden by bright light.

“Malachi…” She whispered. “Malachi….come with my son…come…”

“Mother!” He gasped quietly, not wanting to wake his father.

Very carefully he slipped out of Z’s arms and ran towards the woman who began to move away. He cried out to his Mother to wait as the silver doors closed behind him. Z, hearing the noise of the doors closing, suddenly bolted straight up and scanned the room in fear. Then he looked beside him…

“MALACHI!!!” Z shouted, waking the others.

He sprang out of bed and charged barefooted down the cold metal corridors.

“DADDY!!!” Malachi screamed.

Following his son’s cries, Z turned the corner and caught glimpse of a dark cloaked man carrying Malachi over his shoulder. This angered Zeeld more. With a howl of rage, he blasted down the hall after the dark stranger he knew had to be Volos. Volos was fast. Almost as fast as Z but he had enough lead to get to where he was going before Z did. They ran for five minutes to the centre of the Space Colony. Volos ran to the other side then slowed, waiting for Z to catch up. Seconds later Z appeared through the doors; panting and eyes burning.

“This is where it all began…and this is where it will all end.” Volos taunted.

“Z!” Em shouted entering the final tunnel stretch before the dome.

“Aww…now having your friends’ help you would be cheating.” Volos sneered raising one hand while keeping the other firmly across Malachi’s shoulders.

All the transparent diamond doors closed down preventing anyone entering…or leaving. The air vents then opened allowing oxygen to them. The two men stared at each other from across the room with Malachi snivelling in Volos’s painful grasp. Volos had Z right where he wanted him. He had all the moves planned out including back up moves. A fly in a spider’s web.

“Release my son…NOW!” Z barked pressing a button on his wrist which materialized a pistol in his hand. “I said release him.”

But Volos only smiled. “Here ya go kid.” Volos then drew his own gun and handed it to Malachi.

“You…BAS-!” Z began.

“Tut tut, there are children here.” Volos sneered.

Z roared in anger then charged at Volos at his top speed.

3…

2…

1…

~Snap~

Two beams of darkness shot out from either side of the walls and consumed Z’s arms, stopping him then holding him still. It continued to grow on him; forcing him to his knees. Then it stopped. Z struggled but the bonds were too strong. And it pressed between his scapulas forcing Z’s chest forward. Volos grinned an unpleasant grin. Malachi stood shaking watching his father in horror; still clutching the gun. That was when Volos pulled out the gun’s twin and pointed it at the side of Malachi’s head.

“VOLOS NO!!!” Z begged.

“Don’t worry as long as he does what I say…he’ll live.” Volos explained darkly.

Z swallowed hard.

“Good, now Malachi raise the gun.”

Malachi did.

“And aim it…at your father.”

Malachi spun around with eyes wide and mouth open. Volos pressed the gun harder against his head, silently reminding him of the deal. Tears now streaming down his eyes, Malachi turned back to his father.

“Just do it…I’ll be okay.” Z said calmly.

The others watched in horror at Volos’ horrible command. Molly was even crying in Scelia’s arms. And then they all jumped at the sound of the bullet firing from the gun. Z was hit. They could see the blood spewing out from the other side of his right thigh. Watching the blood pool beneath his knee drove Dawn into tears. Tito came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her neck trying to comfort.

“Again.” Volos ordered.

Another shot rang out this time embedding its self into Z’s left breast.

“Again.”

The bullet grazed Z’s right shoulder.

“Again.”

The bullet deeply grazed the right side of Z’s stomach. The last shot caused Z to hang his head in pain. The whole time he managed to resist screaming hoping to calm his son down but the fourth bullet did it. It weakened the mighty Z.

Or so everyone thought.

Suddenly Z began…laughing. And not a cheerful joyous laugh either. A dark maniacal laugh filled with rage and hysteria. Everyone stared in confusion and fear…even Volos. With each laugh more blood was pumped out of the wounds. Z snapped his head up revealing Orange eyes. Z stood to his feet, howling like a beast to the stars. The dark shackles suddenly broke at the wall…and came alive. A pair of black Dark wings shot out from Z’s spine followed by his green hair fading into a dark green.

The two shackles became really large clawed hands that planted themselves firmly on the ground and hoisted Z up into the air. The darkness further consumed him changing his silver pyjamas into long jet black robes. His hair grew longer and darker till it reach the floor….and then it came alive too. It bob and heaved as if dancing above the fires of Hell. Malachi was so terrified of his father that he actually hid behind Volos.

“Z STOP!!!” Em shouted desperately.

It was no use.

Z…was lost to them.

Volos bit his lower lip trying to think of what to do. This wasn’t according to plan! Z wasn’t supposed to transform! No! Not yet! Then he recalibrated his plan. Volos glanced over at Em banging desperately against the diamond door. Two birds…with one stone. Volos grabbed the gun out of Malachi’s hand and started firing both guns at the same time at Z. Z roared in pain and anger before glaring at Volos standing on the ground.

Then Volos ran. He ran around Z continuing to fire his guns. Z turned following him. Z flapped his huge wings sending powerful waves of darkness at Volos. The beams missed Volos each time by a few millimetres off his wings. Each time, Volos jumped to avoid being flung forward then losing time trying to climb to his feet. Z was almost completely consumed by darkness. It appeared as though Z was dressed in black armour. Volos ran complete circle ending up beside the still shaking Malachi who stood like a deer in front of headlights.

Z roared even louder; his eyes burning pure deep orange. He broke his arms out of the darkness but the large hands remained just attaching themselves to his shoulders and back. He placed his hands close together forming a black swirling ball of energy. He raised his hands above his head with the ball ever growing between his palms. And then it shot out a single, deadly beam just hitting inches above their heads. The hole went deep. It was only a few inches away from piecing through into space.

And it was wide enough to suck a full grown man out. Volos nervously studied the hole above his head. If his plan failed, he’d die…which was better than returning to the castle a failure. So it sort of was a win-win situation.

“Come on Em, come on.” Volos thought sending a slight telepathic message to Em.

Em felt more determined then ever to help Z. She saw what he was going to do. He was willing to sacrifice his son to kill Volos. The others had given up pushing against the door but she hadn’t she continued to push harder. Slamming her bruised body against it. Em panted but wasn’t ready to give up. Not yet. Then a memory was triggered. The time she had to stop that bomb…maybe…just maybe…

Em walked backwards, keeping her eyes fixed upon the glass. She had to time this right for maximum speed. She sucked in a deep breath before charging.

“FREEZE!” She shouted.

The wall turned to ice just as she hit it causing the wall to shatter instantly but she stilled carried enough momentum to continue running. Her shoulder bled but Em ignored the searing cold pain. Em forced her leg muscles to work harder then they ever did before.

“Z WAIT!!!” Em shouted standing between him and Volos.

Z looked down growling. “OUT OF MY WAY!!!”

He tried to swipe her out of the way with one of the arms but she ducked causing the claw to grab her bandana. Z then lifted his gaze back up to Volos. The ball powered up once again. Em jumped directly in front of Volos right as Z fired. The small but potent beam shot through her right shoulder forcing out a loud painful scream. Volos blinked then smiled.

“Thank you...my dear.” He taunted before disappearing with Malachi still in his grasp.

“Volos….wait!” Em stammered in pain.

But it was too late. Em just realized she helped Volos get away with Z’s son.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

So hopefully Chapter 18 won't take so long to get up next time. Though in my mind its pretty short.

EDIT- CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!! IT TOOK ME 25 DAYS TO WRITE CHAPTER 17!!!! Sorry...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back