• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should SE make a console version of Unchained X/Union X?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bagcifreak

Lately I've been wondering what Square is gonna do once Union X is finished. The game's story is so essential and important to the whole franchise... so leaving it as "just a mobile game" would be a dumb choice imo. I mean yeah we got the movie in 2.8 but that doesn't really help. If I remember properly Nomura said that the whole story surrounding the Master of Masters won't be touched upon in KH3 which makes me guess that this will be what the next saga is potentially going to be about (or at least a small part of it).

I would love them to release a KH game based of Unchained X/Union X for the consoles. You know they can give it a new fancy title and recreate the game on Unreal Engine 4 as a regular KH game. Since Multiplayer games are such a big deal right now I could easily see them doing something similar to Battlefront 2 with Union X. Like you can create your own character and either play the story mode alone or online with friends AND you can team up with people online and just like do some quests and kill heartless together or fight with each other idk.

I personally don't like Multiplayer games but I thought that this might be the smartest way to translate Union X into a console game since the story isn't deep or long enough for a full length videogame. This game could be the "Birth By Sleep of the next saga" and act as a prequel. I could easily imagine one of the next games being about young Xehanort and his time as keyblade wielder/master and how he turned to the dark side, kidnapped Ventus, etc. and the Union X story is pretty essential to understand everything Xhenort does (I guess).

This is just one random thought I had. :confused: Do you guys even want Union X as a videogame? I kept thinking about a Union X movie (cause Disney showed interest in a KH movie) but if they ever do a movie I would like it to be about Sora and not the foretellers. :tongue:

Muke

whatever
Awards
At first I was a supporter of the idea, but I’m really so tired of Ux now that I just wouldn’t really care about a console version. You can also be 100% sure they’ll include a bunch of new story details etc, which doesn’t make it an alternative to KHUX but something that’s possibly mandatory to understanding whatever comes after KH3.

I also don’t believe there really is anything interesting about the 75% Disney filler in UX, so as long as they don’t cut AGRABAH and needless sidemissions (like the majority of the game) I’m not interested.

As for a successor to KHUX on consoles... eh. Don’t know how I’d feel about that. If it happens, I hope it’s just nothing CANON. So i can skip it

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I kinda don't feel like the game is "sooo important to the plot." There's important elements, yes, but these can be summed up in like three quests and thus about three paragraphs.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
At first I was a supporter of the idea, but I’m really so tired of Ux now that I just wouldn’t really care about a console version. You can also be 100% sure they’ll include a bunch of new story details etc, which doesn’t make it an alternative to KHUX but something that’s possibly mandatory to understanding whatever comes after KH3.

I completely understand as to why people are tired of Union X. The story is segmented into little pieces, and even then, there's the Disney world plots to finish. But giving it the Unreal Engine 4 overhaul will definitely give the game a fresh look. And when you really think about it, what else can Square Enix provide after Kingdom Hearts III? Nomura did say that a new Kingdom Hearts game is going to be released every year, and I feel that a Union X remake can be released for 2019.

Kingdom Hearts IV has yet to be though about because Disney and Square Enix have to evaluate the commercial success of Kingdom Hearts III before delving into the next numbered entry. Besides, Union X has a dedicated following, a pre-established plot and scenario already created, and arguably has the most classic selections of Disney worlds available. It's cost effective for Square Enix and beneficial for Kingdom Hearts fans who cannot dedicate themselves to Union X.

Also look at it like this, Kingdom Hearts III is primarily new worlds will probably three returning Disney worlds at max. Part of this logic may be because the signature Disney worlds for the series are going to be showcased for a Union X remake so there's no point in adding them into Kingdom Hearts III. The benefits for a console Union X definitely outweigh the negative implications.

Veevee

Awards
I wouldn't want it as a console game. It might work as a MMO if they take out the microtransaction crap and make an actual game out of it, but I doubt we would see it overseas then. The interesting parts of this game can be summed up in less than half an hour anyway and the rest is pure grinding or fillerfillerfiller, so I'd say either MMO or a film (maybe a decent one this time). I wouldn't bother playing it as an MMO though because it would probably be the same as it is as a mobile game - an actual story update every few months, the rest full of death competition, grinding or boredom. I'd be okay with a movie or a movie series, let's see.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Did you like read my mind!?

This is exactly what I want! It could be mission based like days! Plus the assets for daybreak town exist already. Also it would satisfy us wanting returning worlds in the new engine.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is exactly what I want! It could be mission based like days! Plus the assets for daybreak town exist already. Also it would satisfy us wanting returning worlds in the new engine.

I guarantee you, if Square Enix actually did announce this as a thing, the people who are not interested would be overflown by "hype" by the teaser trailers.

And let's be real, there's important lore elements that provide more context to Ventus and Marluxia, and judging from the X 3rd Anniversary artwork, Ephemer and Skuld may end up appearing in Kingdom Hearts III. After all, all of the X Anniversary artwork represented important characters in each of the games. So yeah, there's enough lore content to warrant a remake.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If a remake were to release in 2019, it would mean it's either already in development, or they'd have like half a year or less to develop it since stuff like voice recording or testing are also a thing. I highly doubt either option tbh.

bagcifreak

I don't think the remake would come out in 2019. If KH3 really comes out in Q3/4 2018 I'm pretty sure 2019 will be all about DLCs and a potential release of KH3 on the Switch/Windows. I'm pretty sure though we can expect an announcement trailer at E3 2019 (if the remake actually ends up happening). As I've mentioned before the game's story is very short so I don't think development will take too long especially when it's a MMO type of game.

Also just like Alpha Baymax mentioned things will be way cheaper and faster to make cause they already established the plot, scenarios, etc. So I'm personally guessing it will come out in 2020. I mean Ubisoft was able to release a new Assassin's Creed game every single year for a while. I'm sure Square shouldn't have too much trouble creating a Union X remake within a short amount of time.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes.
I agree there would be a lot of work and many changes to be done, but it can be done.
Once Union will be done (at the very least I suspect it'll have another big season finale before KH III), one can just reunite the three games into one, and with a proper pacing it could be a somewhat decent standalone title.

Condensing all the important parts would make barely an hour and a half worth of original content? Yes, I agree.
And Kingdom Hearts 0.2 exists, so I don't think that's an issue.

Replacing all the MMO stuff with local and online multiplayer might make a console version of Union not only "bearable", but actually interesting. I'd love a proper KH experience with my friends. And making medals something you can easily buy/unlock with munny.
Cherry on top, small bonus content. Who knows, another lost conversation with the MoM or something like that. Perhaps a small section where you play as the Foretellers, or the Union Leaders.

Do I think SE will do all of this? Nah.
Should they? 1000% yes. It could be beneficial on multiple layers. Multiplayer games get lots of exposure, and could be helpful for those fans who are "intimidated" or even just annoyed by the current X/Ux/Union thing.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm still waiting for a single player version of FFXI.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Yeah, I'm in the group of people that hates most things to do with KHUX, so I personally would not want to have to move to consoles. There's so much that I dislike about the story that I don't want this to drag on for another game, and I'm already dreading if they mention Ventus's past in KH3 because then I can't ignore it. But not really getting into my feelings for the game, I would rather have a MMO-style sidegame for KH3 that I don't have to worry about its plot, that I can skip if I decide I don't like it. I'm not a fan of multiplayer anyway.

Also for people hoping for a "2020 Release" of this hypothetical game -- you have to realize that companies like Ubisoft that release Assassin's Creed games every year only are able to do that because they have 10 studios around the world working around the clock (and many companies overwork/demotivate employees by doing this). That's just not going to happen with any SE game, especially KH because Nomura has his hands on everything the team's are making on KHUX and KH3 at any given point (and he's overworked as is). When KH3 is out, it's expected for him to fully focus on FF7 Remake and I'm hoping he gives himself a breather for a while after that.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Also for people hoping for a "2020 Release" of this hypothetical game -- you have to realize that companies like Ubisoft that release Assassin's Creed games every year only are able to do that because they have 10 studios around the world working around the clock (and many companies overwork/demotivate employees by doing this). That's just not going to happen with any SE game, especially KH because Nomura has his hands on everything the team's are making on KHUX and KH3 at any given point (and he's overworked as is). When KH3 is out, it's expected for him to fully focus on FF7 Remake and I'm hoping he gives himself a breather for a while after that.

Not to mention he's a freaking perfectionist who won't just throw out such a game "on time" simply because he said he wants to release something every year. I rather see him approving of an official SE-produced KH dating sim app than that.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Not to mention he's a freaking perfectionist who won't just throw out such a game "on time" simply because he said he wants to release something every year. I rather see him approving of an official SE-produced KH dating sim app than that.

tenor.gif

He'll be the first option, the mandatory prologue and tutorial phase,
after which we'll get to smooch all the version of the two only two guys who really exist in the series, Sore and Xenaheart
after which bestiality will be unlocked and we go third base
and finally, Nomura-sensei will be unlocked for 300 Hourglasses Heart Points ---> home run

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
tenor.gif

He'll be the first option, the mandatory prologue and tutorial phase,
after which we'll get to smooch all the version of the two only two guys who really exist in the series, Sore and Xenaheart
and finally, Nomura-sensei will be unlocked for 300 Hourglasses Heart Points ---> home run

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Daddy Distance, coming in a store near you. Ask our employee Jeff about "the goods". He'll understand.

Beast for the ladies and Maleficent for the boys, gather round people

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I mean as long as I can color my Sore's eyes and hair in my desired colors I'm totally sold to that game :^^^)))

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Beast for the ladies and Maleficent for the boys, gather round people
7f70e8c3a0937d6d14c95aa2d036bf1bad17e741_hq.gif

I mean as long as I can color my Sore's eyes and hair in my desired colors I'm totally sold to that game :^^^)))

Um, no, you'll play as your Chi avatar, Sore and all his versions will be romanceable. But in Chi you can make yourself look like Sore soooo

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Honestly if you trimmed the fat away from all the pointless filler content in the hologram worlds, I don't think you'd have enough of a story to base a full-blown console game on.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly if you trimmed the fat away from all the pointless filler content in the hologram worlds, I don't think you'd have enough of a story to base a full-blown console game on.

I mean, true, but counter-argument: no Kingdom Hearts game has ever done that and they're all filled with plenty useless Disney worlds filler stuff.
I think at this point X/Union has more original story content than Re:Coded, and it's getting closer to Chain of Memories, if not there already.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That's probably what it is coming down to, at least with the "material" they have to work with so far since that barely qualifies for a "Roxas-esque" prologue content wise.

Despite the long running of the mobile game since the so much "hyped" season 2 started if you trim it down to the essentials there didn't happen very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back