• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Could anyone enlighten me on the real real lyrics to the first opening? I'm talking about the very first line, which is in german.
Most people claim it to be "Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger" but I've read claims that it's actually "Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jäger".
As a german I gotta say I also always heard the first version of it, but I have to admit the second makes way more sense, and now I'm looking for credible sources that prove that one to be correct.

On another note, I am the only one who enjoyed the political coup and the power struggle inside the walls?

No. I think especially in a world like AoT, things like that are meant to happen and important for the story.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I cannot. I do know that the translation to English is supposed to be "Are we the prey? No, we are the hunters!" Or something like that. I would go with whatever makes sense to you if you're a native speaker. It seems like my translation matches up more with the second one you wrote.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
No. I think especially in a world like AoT, things like that are meant to happen and important for the story.

I agree. Back when I was reading about the coup, I remember thinking about how cool it was that Isayama managed to make both what happens inside the wall and outside the wall interesting. The world in AoT is very interesting.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I agree. Back when I was reading about the coup, I remember thinking about how cool it was that Isayama managed to make both what happens inside the wall and outside the wall interesting. The world in AoT is very interesting.

Yup.
It's weird that I even cared about the Reiss story even though I think it was pulled off extremely confusingly, lol.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I'm so happy the author better not take this away from me

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
He was the real mvp. Forever and always!

2f0.gif

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Holy diddly.

That.
That happened.

shit, we should just call this chapter "and everyone died."

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
But did they?
I had feared they'd actually kill of Hanji. I'm extremely happy she popped up again. Still uncertain about Armin though. Please don't let him be turned into a titan in the last minute or some bull >:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
But did they?
I had feared they'd actually kill of Hanji. I'm extremely happy she popped up again. Still uncertain about Armin though. Please don't let him be turned into a titan in the last minute or some bull >:

I don't see Armin surviving. He was practically boiled alive. Steam that hot would melt the flesh right off of someone. Even if he is still just barely alive, there is no way he'll survive long enough for Levi to come back and titanize him. Even if he does, it will seriously undermine his final speech. I think it's more likely that Sasha and Jean will survive.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
The real MVP man.

But real talk

Humanity is screwed. Their best thinkers (well Hange made it so they may have a shot) in Armin and Erwin were put down in the this operation. BUT THANKFULLY THEY PUT AN END TO THOSE TWO-TIMING PIECES OF GLORIOUS POOP. But honestly speaking I still think that the Titans on the outside are not necessarily evil and Reiner and Breadhead were just on the opposite side of our protagonists but damn

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
The real MVP man.

But real talk

Humanity is screwed. Their best thinkers (well Hange made it so they may have a shot) in Armin and Erwin were put down in the this operation. BUT THANKFULLY THEY PUT AN END TO THOSE TWO-TIMING PIECES OF GLORIOUS POOP. But honestly speaking I still think that the Titans on the outside are not necessarily evil and Reiner and Breadhead were just on the opposite side of our protagonists but damn

is reiner actually dead? i hope not team titan is the best, and Betold still needs to save annie

I love the challenege though, they lost thier brains, i dont really count hange, since she kind of the love child of sasha and connie

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I can't believe it's taking them 4 years to do it, but Season 2 is FINALLY COMING!!!! HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish all the manga readers would stop being major jerks by spoiling everything for everyone! Goodness, I don't even have to be on sites directly talking about AoT, I watch a YouTube video about anime openings analysis and without warning, they spit out major spoilers.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yeah, spoilers are pretty nasty. I was once googling some Mikasa art to see how Isayama's drawing has improved, and then just by accident saw a spoiler. Should have known better in advance not to search anything... Gah, why a new AoT volume appears here only every second month. I wanna get to the point where I stopped reading to know what happens.

Last edited:
Back