• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So the new episode dropped today.
What I liked: They didn't miss a beat with any of the story, there were no cuts from the manga, in fact they added to it. I do hope this is a continuing trend for the rest of the final season.
I also like the change up to some of the visuals, like being inside a titan (It reminds me of the crappy live action movie).
I looked it up, and the news is that only 16 episodes have been slated so far, but I honestly think that's for part one of season 4. I didn't think they'd ever be able to fit ALL of the Marley Arc up to the current Arc even in 25 episodes. So that's a plus.
What I didn't like: I don't like the 3D titan models all the time now. I think I've just always preferred the 2D art, heck, I'll even take season 2 where they went back and forth with the Colossus.
I also don't like the opening. It had barely anything to do with the upcoming story and nothing involving the characters; I get that it's about war, but none of the visuals made a lot of sense (and what was up about the technicolor and inverted colour thing?)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
So the 3rd episode dropped today. The only thing I was saddened by was that they didn't include the Warriors running towards the wall like the manga. The manga showed them leading the Pure Titans towards the wall, and then Bertolt. The episode just went straight to Bertolt. I just thought that was a really cool scene.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
EPISODE 5 WAS EVERYTHING IT NEEDED TO BE. Maybe the ambience in my head was a little different, but I didn't mind how they did it.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
So I feel like it would be crime not to share this, but a bunch of artists and fans of AoT are making their own ending for chapters 137-139 since Hajime Isayama flubbed HARD on the last one (or two or three [based on opinion]) and they're AWESOME. The best description I can give is: The appropriate ending this masterpiece deserved. There are only two parts out right now, but more are coming:

Awards
So I feel like it would be crime not to share this, but a bunch of artists and fans of AoT are making their own ending for chapters 137-139 since Hajime Isayama flubbed HARD on the last one (or two or three [based on opinion]) and they're AWESOME. The best description I can give is: The appropriate ending this masterpiece deserved. There are only two parts out right now, but more are coming:
Lemme guess, it's more "Eren wins" stuff.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Lemme guess, it's more "Eren wins" stuff.
I truly can't tell in what direction it's going (mainly because of where the story is so far), but it's addressing a lot of the themes and some plot that Isayama kind of just put on the back burner or totally ignored. Like Ymir being "in love" as opposed to Ymir being a slave striving for freedom. Seriously, check it out and tell me what you think.

LostArtist

Awards
Finished S1 2-3months ago and am currently watching OVAs before going on to S2 (not a big fan of binging things all at once, especially seasons back to back, even tho it’s all already released but I digress) and let me just say, this is one of the anime where the hype is justified like for real (for example imo demon slayer S1 and jujutsu kaisen S1 hype isn’t justified, just imho). I swear every single episode or almost every single episode is so good. It’s one of the anime where I am tempted to binge even though I am not a binger (1ep a day at very very most, per series lmao) , cause it’s so exciting and I’m always wanting to see more. And after the first OVA that I watched yesterday, the mystery and world building, and me thinking about all the after break text things I’ve read during S1, I’m just so hooked. I’m not exaggerating when I say that when I started watching earlier this year, literally at the end of almost every episode of S1 (ok maybe after first few) I kept wanting more. Ok I’m gunna step away from here now before I get spoiled of something lol, just wanted to gush out and appreciate this anime

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Finished S1 2-3months ago and am currently watching OVAs before going on to S2 (not a big fan of binging things all at once, especially seasons back to back, even tho it’s all already released but I digress) and let me just say, this is one of the anime where the hype is justified like for real (for example imo demon slayer S1 and jujutsu kaisen S1 hype isn’t justified, just imho). I swear every single episode or almost every single episode is so good. It’s one of the anime where I am tempted to binge even though I am not a binger (1ep a day at very very most, per series lmao) , cause it’s so exciting and I’m always wanting to see more. And after the first OVA that I watched yesterday, the mystery and world building, and me thinking about all the after break text things I’ve read during S1, I’m just so hooked. I’m not exaggerating when I say that when I started watching earlier this year, literally at the end of almost every episode of S1 (ok maybe after first few) I kept wanting more. Ok I’m gunna step away from here now before I get spoiled of something lol, just wanted to gush out and appreciate this anime
I have a weird relationship with Attack on Titan. I really enjoyed Season 1, but I stopped watching it partway through when I found out it ended at episode 26 with no resolution though. I had recently been burned by Air Gear and Deadman Wonderland doing the same thing and never getting a followup season, and then I just decided to forego the rest of Attack on Titan Season 1 until I found our for sure if they'd make more.

4 years later, Season 2 came around. So I restarted Season 1 and watched it to completion, then binged Season 2 and thought it was even better than Season 1, the story really ramped up it's game. Then came the wait for Season 3, then Season 3 dropped and I just never got around to it. Now here we are, next year the final half of the final season will drop, and I'm just waiting it out to binge the rest of it all at once.

As far as Demon Slayer is concerned, I can't speak for the anime, but I thought the manga was absolutely exceptional. It was so good, it was like a series ripped out of the '90s and locked in a vault until now. It's hard for me to get into new anime and manga series as often now, but Demon Slayer really captured me.

LostArtist

Awards
but I stopped watching it partway through when I found out it ended at episode 26 with no resolution though
Just want to say that season finale was absolutely bonkers hahaha, it was so freaking good.
until I found our for sure if they'd make more.
This must have been so hard for fans in real-time. I know they released some recap movies and OVAs in the meantime (enjoying the OVAs so far), but looking at that gap, wow.
Now here we are, next year the final half of the final season will drop, and I'm just waiting it out to binge the rest of it all at once.
I kinda want to get caught up in time to watch s4 part 2 in real time with everyone… but knowing me, it’ll take a little longer for me to catch up haha
As far as Demon Slayer is concerned, I can't speak for the anime, but I thought the manga was absolutely exceptional. It was so good, it was like a series ripped out of the '90s and locked in a vault until now. It's hard for me to get into new anime and manga series as often now, but Demon Slayer really captured me.
I would assume reading the manga vs watching the anime gives different experiences. The anime just didn’t have me hooked like AOT did, which literally hooked me every single episode it felt like. I was watching Demon slayer it just to finish it for much of the first season. I will say though at probably ep 18 onward it got better, so S2 will likely be better than the first. (I also haven’t watched the movie yet, which I hear is really good) It’s just AOT really feels on another level, emotion wise, story wise, idk just something about how they did the series hooks you into it fast and consistently.

Back