• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► School Help!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Memorize the 1 times tables >:

Next, do the 2 times tables.
Then 3, then 4, then 5... all they way to 10.

You have now memorized the times tables up to 10. It's easier than you think since a lot of numbers overlap. After getting the 1 and 2 times tables, you've just killed 20 numbers off. That's 80 to go. Once you memorize the 3 times tables, you're now down to 70. Each times tables is the equivalent to 10, assuming you only need to memorize the times tables up to 10 and with a limit of 10 numbers for each.

>: Math, it's a good thing.

If you think this is boring, wait until LOL CALCULUS. Derivatives is <333

Googling around, I think the standard tables go up to 12. But even so, the only tricky one would be 12. If you have difficulty memorizing it, break it down into two numbers.

EX: You want to find 12 x 8. Well, out of 12, we can get 10 and 2. 10 x 8 = 80. 2 x 8 = 16. 80 + 16 =96. Therefore! 12 x 8 = 96.

Psh, derivatives. Integration is where it's at.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Googling around, I think the standard tables go up to 12. But even so, the only tricky one would be 12. If you have difficulty memorizing it, break it down into two numbers.

EX: You want to find 12 x 8. Well, out of 12, we can get 10 and 2. 10 x 8 = 80. 2 x 8 = 16. 80 + 16 =96. Therefore! 12 x 8 = 96.

Psh, derivatives. Integration is where it's at.
My teacher only made me memorize up to 11 so uh ya. I ended memorizing the 12 ones later on, but it really never slowed me down since I broke down the numbers like you said.

Lol@integration. OH GOD PHYSICS, GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Copy them down over and over.

It's a method I tend to use when I can't memorise something... write down all of the times tables. Do it again. And again. Eventually it'll get to the point where you'll know the answers without having to refer to your copies. Hopefully, anyway. Depends on your learning type.

Good luck! <3

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
What you need to do is just sit down in your room and unplug everything electronic or distracting. Study the tables for about say, 15- 20 minutes daily for a few days. Eventually, like muscle memory, when you keep repeating exercises over and over (like I'm doing for lacrosse; it really works) it will be like a second nature to you.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm in 7th grade. So, I'm good at multiplication and division, but never memorized the tables. My teacher wants me to take a week off school to memorize so i can do fractions in less time, but i can't ever memorize anything. What should I do?
I'm kinda like that...It was hard for me to remember the fractions. Useless shit anyway. In high school they let you use calculators.

But you should try to create a system to help you memorize instead of just staring at it and trying to remember.

To be honest, I forgot the fractions. =D
So I can't help you with that. I did bad on those anyway.

nobodyking

i would tell you but...YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Whoa can't believe your in 7th grade and you didn't even memorize them well I'm going to tell you the harsh truth. Its not teally about what you want to do it is a sad thing that every kid has to memorize so whether you like it or not you will probably need to not beed around the bush and talke the standard methods. The standard timed ttest full of 100 problems is good, you have to try to finish100 problems in like 5 minutes, also learn the tricks to certain tables like 11 and the 9 finger trick, flash cards are good too also those 10$ computer games are great if you like games but set your goal to finish the timed test evetually in 2 minutes thats how i memorized them in second grade.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I'm in grade 10 and I still don't have my tables memorized. I just can't do it, It's nothing I'm motivated to learn.

I don't think it should even matter, they make us use calculators anyways.

mesmerized

I'm in 7th grade. So, I'm good at multiplication and division, but never memorized the tables. My teacher wants me to take a week off school to memorize so i can do fractions in less time, but i can't ever memorize anything. What should I do?

time off school? wow... i mean thats never happened to me. If anything I would think that they'd want you to stay after school to give you an extra push.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
Suck it up and memorize them. Write down problems and use a calculator for the answers, do them a million times and you'll eventually remember the outcome.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
._.

8 and 8 went to the store to buy a Nintendo 64.

Use stupid tricks like that.

Dude, that is so badass.

But yeah, just make various tricks and associations that you, specifically, will remember. I have a ton of my own, but they're usually different for each person. You could always make a song...that's how my mum taught us our address.

U

Ultima Sacrifice

hahaha memorize the tables? Just do the problems the best you can, and eventually you'll realize they're stuck in your head. I'm in 10th grade, and I'll admit if you ask me the multiplication tables, I'll look at you like you're speaking japense and ask what multiplication tables are. I just know how to multiply/divide.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards

The way I remember multiplication, not necessarily tables, is remembering what the two numbers originally added up to. Like 7+9=16 then 7x9=63. Sorta whatever the two numbers originally added up to sorta have one of the numbers in the multiplicated answer, but that doesn't always work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back