• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► RIP TRON 3 - Tron moving forward with Jared Leto

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: RIP TRON 3

No place? How hard is it to slip a film into your marketing schedule? This is what happens when you start making too many films.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

No place? How hard is it to slip a film into your marketing schedule? This is what happens when you start making too many films.

Probably because the schedule changes due to what your competitors are doing. Films get pushed back to try to release with a competitor's film or when nothing eventful is happening for a safe release. Disney might have not seen any good time to release Tron 3.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Just do another December release as before with Legacy. Clearly worked well in that situation, and Stars Wars 7 will probably kill in that position, hell even Mr Banks did pretty well in Christmas last year. They say it's possible they'll get to it in the future, but not for another few years. By then it'll be too late, it has to be now or we'll have another 19 year gap between films. With the glaring cliffhanger and unresolved issues in Legacy, sure pisses me right the fuck off

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Probably because the schedule changes due to what your competitors are doing. Films get pushed back to try to release with a competitor's film or when nothing eventful is happening for a safe release. Disney might have not seen any good time to release Tron 3.

That would make sense if Disney actually believed they had competition and they definitely don't or they would have made a million different decisions with their films the last seven years. There is no film like Tron coming out anytime soon by any other company so Disney has the advantage on every level of this situation. If they really wanted to make a new Tron film, they would have found a way to do so.

But no, we are getting live action Tinkerbell, live action Winnie the Pooh, and another Pirates film.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

But no, we are getting live action Tinkerbell, live action Winnie the Pooh, and another Pirates film.
Did the last pirates film even do that well?I know it's reviews were mediocre to bad, they could cancel P5 that nobody even wants and recycle Javier garden as a rogue program or ISO that escaped the system. *shrugs*

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Did the last pirates film even do that well?I know it's reviews were mediocre to bad, they could cancel P5 that nobody even wants and recycle Javier garden as a rogue program or ISO that escaped the system. *shrugs*
On Stranger's Tides was panned but it made 1 billion dollars at the box office. So it makes sense why disney is going with a fifth movie

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Fourth movie was bad, made a billion dollars, but I blame the awful director. I have MUCH higher hopes for the fifth one. They even got Bloom back. Depp knows the fourth one wasn't up to snuff, so he's working with the writer to make sure this film is a proper send off. Presuming it is going to be the last one this time. So I wouldn't hate on Pirates, but the other movies.

Like apparently they're remaking Pete's Dragon? What the fuck Disney, stop messing with the classics and make something new like your company used to do

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Tying this to Tomorrowland's failure is a massive mistake.
Not at all. Tomorrowland was an original movie and so is tron, the remakes are making bank so they're going forward with tried and true money makers like pirates of the carribian and live-action nostalgia magnets that kids have their parents drag them to, while tron is a cult franchise that, while profitable, isn't a billion dollars.

someone should tell these turds that the fanbase and interest has grown among youths so if they fucking market it right and bring back uprising, they could have a billion dollar film but theey could never "settle" for $400 million.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

That would make sense if Disney actually believed they had competition and they definitely don't or they would have made a million different decisions with their films the last seven years. There is no film like Tron coming out anytime soon by any other company so Disney has the advantage on every level of this situation. If they really wanted to make a new Tron film, they would have found a way to do so.

Add in the expenses a Tron film would have. Live action would be far cheaper to produce and they've been doing relatively well with the reimaginings. Maleficent and Cinderella performed very well so it makes sense that they keep to that idea. Both of those films made a LOT more money than Legacy did and got WAY better reviews. From the business perspective, this is the more profitable path.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Add in the expenses a Tron film would have. Live action would be far cheaper to produce and they've been doing relatively well with the reimaginings. Maleficent and Cinderella performed very well so it makes sense that they keep to that idea. Both of those films made a LOT more money than Legacy did and got WAY better reviews. From the business perspective, this is the more profitable path.

I've no doubts about the viability of their classics being turned into live action, but things like Tinkerbell and Winnie the Pooh aren't exactly the easiest to market.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I've no doubts about the viability of their classics being turned into live action, but things like Tinkerbell and Winnie the Pooh aren't exactly the easiest to market.

Tinkerbell is insanely popular. She has her own line of toys and movies thanks to that Pixie Hollow franchise. I think Winnie the Pooh is banking more on nostalgia and little kids. But both still have a better chance than Tron. Disney was absolutely heavy with their advertising with Tron Legacy and it never really matched to what the reviews and earnings turned out to be. I can see why they are hesitant on doing the same thing with a third addition. Perhaps they will test the waters with this new Tron game to see if there is enough of a following to try the franchise again.

And just because they aren't moving into the third movie now doesn't mean they won't try in the future when they feel more confident in the franchise.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Tron has gotten a much stronger following since legacy released. If they hired better writers, (maybe even director, I mean, really) marketed it aggressively (bring back uprising, toy line) and didn't target the male demographic so exclusively, they could have a real money maker on their hands. As much as I love the franchise, i can see its a cult hit, and it is profitable only to a point, whereas the marvel films, reimaginings and pseudo sequels of existing movies, and animated features are their real bank.

But it definitely has room in their lineup, they just have to fit it in. That way they'll have another billion dollar franchise and everyone wins.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I say we all get "Flynn Lives" t-shirts and stage an event at Comic-con or D23 or something to get Disney's attention. They're have been hundreds of posts on their facebook page, I even posted one myself, and they've gone deleting them, mine included (I wasn't brash or vulgar or anything at all either). I feel like an uprising could come from this. If Community or Chuck is anything to go by, you don't piss off the nerd fandom-base, it never bodes well

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I say we all get "Flynn Lives" t-shirts and stage an event at Comic-con or D23 or something to get Disney's attention. They're have been hundreds of posts on their facebook page, I even posted one myself, and they've gone deleting them, mine included (I wasn't brash or vulgar or anything at all either). I feel like an uprising could come from this. If Community or Chuck is anything to go by, you don't piss off the nerd fandom-base, it never bodes well
WE MUST FIGHT FOR THE USERS

THERE WILL BE AN UPRISING

THIS WILL BE OUR LEGACY

WE ARE THE TRON PERCENT

but really tho, something needs to be done and now, I hope somebody is spreading this petition around.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

WE MUST FIGHT FOR THE USERS

THERE WILL BE AN UPRISING

THIS WILL BE OUR LEGACY

WE ARE THE TRON PERCENT

but really tho, something needs to be done and now, I hope somebody is spreading this petition around.

Seriously, if something like that gets organized I will whole-heartedly participate in such an event. If preparations are handled in June, it could totally happen by San Diego Comicon

Here's another petition too:
https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-revive-tron-3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Seriously, if something like that gets organized I will whole-heartedly participate in such an event. If preparations are handled in June, it could totally happen by San Diego Comicon

Here's another petition too:
https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-revive-tron-3
Well this one has slightly more signatures than mine, lol, everybody sign this one too because its closer to reaching it's goal.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Jt6rkzFgehcGyV6ATVtQLpdzlnasHi-UhMZpMS9Ain5jVddJOJwUS8lJjgVoD2XVjkPKmW0=s152

Ugh my heart </3

Back