• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► RIP TRON 3 - Tron moving forward with Jared Leto

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Anagram

Banned
Re: TRON 3 - TRON NOR FLYNN DO NOT LIVE

629.gif
Now Disney is killing things before they even have a chance.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: RIP TRON 3

diddlying good thing we have live action Tinkerbell you mouse loving diddlys

Was going to watch legacy tonight, first uprising now this? diddly these diddlying diddlyers. Trondamn it. Everybody use #FlynnLives, the original tagline from legacy used to tease 3, show your interest, start petitions, spread the word. Even the slimmest glimmer of hope can mean victory.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

629.gif
Now Disney is killing things before they even have a chance.

Blame Lindelof & Tomorrowland :\

It probably scared Disney out of taking any big chances for awhile

Was going to watch legacy tonight, first uprising now this? diddly these diddlying diddlyers. Trondamn it. Everybody use #FlynnLives, the original tagline from legacy used to tease 3, show your interest, start petitions, spread the word. Even the slimmest glimmer of hope can mean victory.

I don't think a petition will work in this case but it doesn't hurt...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

you don't understand ethy, i cannot lose hope. when i was homeless, one of my thoughts were "how is the new tron coming along? i never did finish uprising either," now this. why disney? what else will you take?

Kaijuguy19

Why would Disney think this is a good idea? They know Tron has a big fanbase and this is a huge slap in the face. I'm not sure if doing petitions or such may help but it's better then doing nothing.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

But unlike Tomorrowland, Legacy did decently at the box office. Also the Tron series has a sizeble fanbase to support it unlike tomorrowland as well. This makes no sense at all

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Petition signed. Doubt it'll do anything, but Disney hasn't been so bright as of late. They need to realize this was a bad move

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I think I just died a little inside. I thought for sure Tron 3 would be happening no matter what. Did Tomorrowland not do that well at box offices? I have yet to see it, but I'm guessing that's what everyone is referring to?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

we need daft punk to sign this petition. and jeff bidges, idgaf if he won't be in the film, that is dope starpower that SHOULD be in the film.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I think I just died a little inside. I thought for sure Tron 3 would be happening no matter what. Did Tomorrowland not do that well at box offices? I have yet to see it, but I'm guessing that's what everyone is referring to?
It earned 33 million on its first weekend with a budget of 190 million. It was a total flop. John Carter all over again

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

It earned 33 million on its first weekend with a budget of 190 million. It was a total flop. John Carter all over again

Welp </3 I hope this doesn't mean bad things for Brad Bird.

Either way, I cannot see why Disney would think Tron 3 would fail when it's already a franchise and has a built-in fanbase, which Tomorrowland clearly didn't have. Oh well. Why couldn't Cinderella have been the one to flop instead

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

But unlike Tomorrowland, Legacy did decently at the box office. Also the Tron series has a sizeble fanbase to support it unlike tomorrowland as well. This makes no sense at all

That doesn't really matter to Disney execs. They have seen a majority of their live action films not related to existing Disney classics fail repeatedly over the last few years and have seen strong profits in other areas like Marvel films. Tomorrowland was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. They see their Disney classics, SW and Marvel as more profitable routes than they do smaller or new IPs and aren't going to take many risks at this point.

Tron has a strong & loyal following, Legacy did well financially like you mentioned and was able to draw in many new fans, but why will Disney put money into what they think will only make them a few hundred million when they can put their money into billion dollar explosions?

We might see it happen because no film is truly ever canned, just tossed into development hell but Disney knows what is working for them right now and they don't want to ruin that with potential failures regardless if the IP has a strong following or not.

Maybe some time in the near future they will give it a chance, or maybe fan reactions will spur them into rethinking their decision...*hopes*

It was #1 its opening weekend, but regardless its earnings have been low for a summer film. It has also been critically panned as a mediocre film.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

please disney, this was supposed to be something nice, you can't just do this to us (well you can but still).

Kaijuguy19

Petition signed. Doubt it'll do anything, but Disney hasn't been so bright as of late. They need to realize this was a bad move

Agreed. Disney can't rely on just having Marvel.Star Wars,and their live action adaptations forever to keep people seeing their movies. They need to realize that Tron has a strong following and that they're being insane not to make the world of Tron grow as much as they can. Just because Tomorrowland did poorly doesn't justify canning development for Tron 3.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

So apparently, as more reports are coming out, the execs just couldn't find a place for Tron 3 in the near future with all their other movies coming out.

I still call horse crap on this. First Konami, now this. ugh

Back