• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revelation: Chirithy is a Dream Eater

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
NOMURA NEEDS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BRING US THIS GAME IN NORTH AMERICA

WE NEED A RE:CHI BECAUSE WHAT
I think Chaser had in idea how they could include Chi in a HD version DDD? I would be satisfied with cutscenes. If they can make it flow as good as Re:Coded, like a movie, that would be great.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Aw, so basically it's saying the players are all basically just in a dream and none of the adventures meant anything? Shame, but in a way seems necessary so we the players don't get included in the Kingdom Hearts lore as itself. Though would've been nice in a way. Kinda figured it would happen eventually with Ephemera's talks. This makes me want a Kingdom Hearts virtual World where people could fully interact with Kingdom Hearts characters someday...

Yeah, it is strange how they're keeping us 'away" from the real events of the Keyblade War. If the cloaked figure really has been involved since Day 1, then the dream has been disrupted since day 1. Same goes for any theories that assume it's more Data than Dream, which are appealing in their own ways.

But I don't mind. Even if we can't see how the war went (and we already knew how it was going to go), I'm looking forward to how this story can continue and add on to KH3.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Chaser had in idea how they could include Chi in a HD version DDD? I would be satisfied with cutscenes. If they can make it flow as good as Re:Coded, like a movie, that would be great.

A theater mode is coming to Chi in late February. It will contain all cutscenes in the game so far. So the West wouldn't be left out at all if the scenes are all translated and made available to the world.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
A theater mode is coming to Chi in late February. It will contain all cutscenes in the game so far. So the West wouldn't be left out at all if the scenes are all translated and made available to the world.

This sounds wonderful! I guess they just have to decide if they wanna keep the cutscenes how they originally were in Chi, or maybe they re-create them like they did with Re:Coded.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It would be available to the KH obsessed like us, but not to people who just play the games released in NA without searching for more information. Which, given just how much Chi is interweaving itself into the KH mythology, is going to possibly hurt a lot of players. I never paid attention to Coded until the DS release, so I feel like there's a lot of wiggle room to do something similar with Chi for our sake. Because if Coded can be considered important enough to need to be played by us, then I sure as hell expect something like that for Chi which seems far more important. Perhaps a Chi theater mode in KH3?

Hakan Xatos

Awards
It would be available to the KH obsessed like us, but not to people who just play the games released in NA without searching for more information. Which, given just how much Chi is interweaving itself into the KH mythology, is going to possibly hurt a lot of players. I never paid attention to Coded until the DS release, so I feel like there's a lot of wiggle room to do something similar with Chi for our sake. Because if Coded can be considered important enough to need to be played by us, then I sure as hell expect something like that for Chi which seems far more important. Perhaps a Chi theater mode in KH3?
Yeah I guess it could be in theater mode for KH3 to tie up loose ends for the Western audience. Just seems like people would want to learn that first before playing KH3 though. If they do release these scenes in some sort of theater mode for a new game I wonder if they would go all the way with 3D models and voice actors or just leave them be. Oh well, I just want chi in some form lol

Awards
If we're to say that chi takes place in the Realm of Sleep, and Chirithy are Dream Eaters, their relationship with the Keyblade wielders has taken an interesting and familiar twist.

Remember, Chirithy are capable of showing things in your sleep. Even occupying those dreams.
Knowing that these dreams are themselves within the Realm of Sleep... they're a dream within a dream.

Ring any bells?
As the player's "familiar," these Chirithy may just have the same special bond that Riku had with Sora in DDD.
The primary objective of a Dream Eater is to sniff out the Sleeping Keyholes. Unlocking them creates the power to awaken a sleeping heart.

I think Xehanort might be using the Chirithy en masse to awaken the hearts of the fallen Keyblade warriors and bring the fight to the Realm of Light. It'd be quite time consuming to go into each wielder's heart and undergo the same process Riku did in DDD a thousand times over, but Xehanort has shown himself to be incredibly patient and even more obsessed. Plus, given that the RoS is in a suspended state, he has all the time in the world.

It remains to be seen how the Lux or Book of Prophecy play a part in this--I've got some ideas brewing but not much time right now. But I have a feeling they may just be on a wild goose chase with regard to the Lux. Xehanort wants to keep them busy and make sure the factions are firmly divided so that they'll eventually clash. And those that catch on to this, like Ephemera, are snuffed out.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Because if Coded can be considered important enough to need to be played by us, then I sure as hell expect something like that for Chi which seems far more important. Perhaps a Chi theater mode in KH3?

Sry if this is offtopic, but I have seen some reviews of KH2.5 say that Re:Coded story was silly in their opinion, and fans just should check the story bits online. Man that made me angry. :( I can see the same thing happen to Re:Chi.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
..I can see your point hemmo. I for one will be glad when I can get the PS3 I've been drooling over and finally, FINALLY truly catch up to the older games that I was forced to spoiler myself on b/c of no system or such. Spoilers are no substitute for the real thing, as I've seen over and over. As it is I've been keeping up with the story of Chi myself simply b/c I cannot read japanese (Heck, I only know about 3-4 words in japanese, and all of those I learned from either anime or from playing FFXI in the early going, mostly in self defense since the autotrans there can suck and in the past, missed important phrases like "No problem!"(I kinda had a habit of drive by raises or cures, so that sucked!)) and when I play a RPG..any kind of RPG..I want to be able to understand the story, and if I can't read the language, it takes most of the reason to play it away from me :mad:. I hope we do get some kinda english version of this! Tho the way you guys are doing these story summaries is 10000 times better than wiki spoilers (which is what I had to rely on for the games I missed).

As for Sora; I don't know, I have a feeling he's going to get back to the tower okay(or at the very least, meet up with Donald/Goofy okay), but if they plan on using Dream Eaters in KH3, we may get them as summons..In the dreaming worlds, like being able to summon Meow Wow in the dreaming world to fight with you. As for the rest, I'm enjoying the speculation here. Story is indeed heating up and I'd like to see how this ties to KH3..and what's going to happen!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
One thing I do hope, from a KHX player's perspective, is to see Dream Eater enemies in the game. And Nobodies, if this happens to be set in the present. We've talked about this in the past but I'm going to say it again now that it seems more probable. More variety.

EpicOrigin

I have a theory but it may need suggestions it is said the keyblade war cause all the worlds to fall into darkness and then it was reborn at a point in time from the past so if this is in the past this could be the worlds before they were born and the foretellers somehow showing the player parts from the future and when daybreak town fell to darkness it was placed in the realm of sleep which the character now relives his past in an never ending cycle like all the other worlds in the realm of sleep

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The primary objective of a Dream Eater is to sniff out the Sleeping Keyholes. Unlocking them creates the power to awaken a sleeping heart.

It remains to be seen how the Lux or Book of Prophecy play a part in this--I've got some ideas brewing but not much time right now. But I have a feeling they may just be on a wild goose chase with regard to the Lux.
Dream Eaters seek out Sleeping Keyholes
But Chirithy's objective is to help Player collect Lux.

What if these goals are not mutually exclusive? What if collecting Lux somehow manifests the Keyholes?

In DDD, Sora and Riku find the Sleeping Keyholes seemingly by accident. They don't really do anything. The Keyholes just appear for them. If Daybreak Town is in the Realm of Sleep, then the timeline means nothing. I think there's a connection here.

Also, the fact remains that there are Heartless in the game. If it's a Sleeping World, that shouldn't be possible.
The Book of Prophecies is what brought to life the worlds other than Daybreak Town.
Now, in Re:coded, the Datascape is created from the journal. Heartless exist in the Datascape, but they aren't real Heartless. They're data representations of the Heartless described in the journal.
We know that in the Realm of Sleep, a world will fill in the blanks if something doesn't exist as it's meant to.
So if you project the future inside of a dream, you have to dream of the future.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why didn't you guys ever say anything when we posted Chi story articles before? None of those were spoiler tagged either and nobody had issues with them.
Because now Chi's story is becoming relevant to people and they're interested, and all the hard work from before was all for nothing ;((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I did? I'm on the "Bring it to Vita and PS4 as a crossbuy/save downloadable title" team.

Mavxo

Awards
So I never post on here, but I was reading through and thought of something about how the worlds and realm are aligned and worlds are positioned.

So you've got the realm of Light and then you've got the realm inbetween where Twilight Town exists exactly in the middle of. we know Castle Oblivion/Land Of Departure, The World There Never Was, and mysterious tower all also exist on this plane and were all reachable via gummy ship/using lanes between.

Twilight town is where the realm of light starts to set so following that idea wouldn't daybreak town be where the realm
of light starts to come up?

what if the realms went realm of light, inbetween, darkness, sleep, and then turns back into the light. Little has been discussed what happens at the end of the realm of darkness, maybe that's where daybreak town is since its name implies it is twilight towns counterpart. Unless daybreak town became twilight town.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm just here to drop in to say that I feel bad for the player because everybody hates being stood up on a date. Mysterious silver haired boyfriend will return, just like Sora's silver haired bo–best friend.

Plus, given that the RoS is in a suspended state, he has all the time in the world.

Except time still moves outside of the Realm of Sleep so he really doesn't have all of the time in the world. He certainly has as many tries as he likes because the worlds within the Realm of Sleep are on a loop reliving the moments before they were destroyed, but time continues on outside.

Anagram

Banned
If we're to say that chi takes place in the Realm of Sleep, and Chirithy are Dream Eaters, their relationship with the Keyblade wielders has taken an interesting and familiar twist.

Remember, Chirithy are capable of showing things in your sleep. Even occupying those dreams.
Knowing that these dreams are themselves within the Realm of Sleep... they're a dream within a dream.

Ring any bells?
As the player's "familiar," these Chirithy may just have the same special bond that Riku had with Sora in DDD.

I think Xehanort might be using the Chirithy en masse to awaken the hearts of the fallen Keyblade warriors and bring the fight to the Realm of Light. It'd be quite time consuming to go into each wielder's heart and undergo the same process Riku did in DDD a thousand times over, but Xehanort has shown himself to be incredibly patient and even more obsessed. Plus, given that the RoS is in a suspended state, he has all the time in the world.

It remains to be seen how the Lux or Book of Prophecy play a part in this--I've got some ideas brewing but not much time right now. But I have a feeling they may just be on a wild goose chase with regard to the Lux. Xehanort wants to keep them busy and make sure the factions are firmly divided so that they'll eventually clash. And those that catch on to this, like Ephemera, are snuffed out.
*imagines legions of xehanorts awakened from the realm of sleep* Good Lord.....

I'm just here to drop in to say that I feel bad for the player because everybody hates being stood up on a date. Mysterious silver haired boyfriend will return, just like Sora's silver haired bo–best friend.

Except time still moves outside of the Realm of Sleep so he really doesn't have all of the time in the world. He certainly has as many tries as he likes because the worlds within the Realm of Sleep are on a loop reliving the moments before they were destroyed, but time continues on outside.

That is a complicated matter really. Time does flow outside but time doesn't inside right? If time doesn't flow there then how it flows on the outside won't really matter since what he's doing in the sleep realm could be a span of just a few minutes or years in the outside one.
It is kinda hard to judge or compare a realm with a flow of time to one without it because we have no gauge to compare how long deeds done by a visitor would take outside.

*looks at post*....I have watched to much Doctor Who.....

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That is a complicated matter really. Time does flow outside but time doesn't inside right? If time doesn't flow there then how it flows on the outside won't really matter since what he's doing in the sleep realm could be a span of just a few minutes or years in the outside one.
It is kinda hard to judge or compare a realm with a flow of time to one without it because we have no gauge to compare how long deeds done by a visitor would take outside.

*looks at post*....I have watched to much Doctor Who.....

Don't as me! Nomura didn't actually clarify about all of that timey-wimey stuff with the RoS except when Riku says "worlds have different time flows"...but to some degree time is moving within the RoS or we wouldn't see a ton of stuff going on outside of the RoS while Sora & Riku were doing their MoM, although it may not be comparable to the speed outside of the RoS.

In the end it kind of doesn't matter since we can just chalk everything unexplainable in the RoS up to "~*dreams*~"

Anagram

Banned
Don't as me! Nomura didn't actually clarify about all of that timey-wimey stuff with the RoS except when Riku says "worlds have different time flows"...but to some degree time is moving within the RoS or we wouldn't see a ton of stuff going on outside of the RoS while Sora & Riku were doing their MoM, although it may not be comparable to the speed outside of the RoS.

In the end it kind of doesn't matter since we can just chalk everything unexplainable in the RoS up to "~*dreams*~"

That's the tricky part really. We see stuff happening outside the realm of sleep but we don't get a view of in what way it's running parallel to the adventure. Everyone arrives at TWTNW at the same time but there's no telling how long it progressed to that point for either party.
Time doesn't flow in the realm of sleep at all. I do remember Yen Sid saying that in game. What flows is the dream it's having.....

Bah! This is to confusing screw it. xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Time doesn't flow in the realm of sleep at all. I do remember Yen Sid saying that in game. What flows is the dream it's having.....

Bah! This is to confusing screw it. xD

That was what I meant by time moving to some degree. Stuff can't be happening outside and inside if time isn't moving. If they were in a place where time played no role, they would have came out of the RoS at the same instant of time they entered.

Yen Sid: In the Sleeping Worlds, real time does not flow. Unless one restores the world by waking it from its slumber, it will stay locked in a dream forever.

I think it is important to note he says "real time" meaning that the worlds are stuck in an eternal slumber reliving the past and not changing or moving forward. Time is moving but nothing nothing's ticking. If that makes sense...

(I feel you. KH3D is one of those games where if you think it over too much, you can pretty much deconstruct everything and it becomes unintelligible. It's why I don't really like talking about KH3D because it collapses on all of its plot holes)

Last edited:

Hakan Xatos

Awards
RoS is so weird anyway. In DDD with Riku and Sora in the same worlds but in different time flows. Those rules apply to Daybreak Town too, awesome! Anyways... here's a theory for a good plot twist. Let's take a character from chi like Ephemera as an example. This game could build his back story and reveal some evil mastermind plan with Xehanort. Switch to outside the RoS and the real Ephemera, now grown older, is executing said plan. The main point is that any character in chi could very well be awake and continuing his/her goals and the purpose or secret could be revealed in the past. It's a great idea for the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back