• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revelation: Chirithy is a Dream Eater

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I just googled Ephemera's name and came up with a definition of "things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time." Obviously he was named that for a reason, so I wonder if we'll see that play out in the near future.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I just googled Ephemera's name and came up with a definition of "things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time." Obviously he was named that for a reason, so I wonder if we'll see that play out in the near future.

Yeah, people had lengthy discussions about Ephemera's name in the discussion when he first appeared.

Kingdom Hearts X[chi]: Ephemera and the Non-Existent World - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

You would probably be interested in it. It's nice to see people taking an interest in chi now that it's starting to get serious.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I did? I'm on the "Bring it to Vita and PS4 as a crossbuy/save downloadable title" team.

Ah, my apologies. I remember reading a topic about DDD HD and seeing the Chi theater option proposed there. I thought it was an idea proposed by you, but clearly I remembered wrong.

WaveK89

I can't make heads or tails with this. I'm starting to think that Chirithy or Dream Eaters may have a connection to the keyblade or perhaps to keyblade wielders. It's just a feeling whether it makes sense or not. I don't know what to think about Chi at this point. So many possibilities are open.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can't make heads or tails with this. I'm starting to think that Chirithy or Dream Eaters may have a connection to the keyblade or perhaps to keyblade wielders. It's just a feeling whether it makes sense or not. I don't know what to think about Chi at this point. So many possibilities are open.

Yen Sid confirmed in KH3D that Dream Eaters can teach skills to Keyblade Wielders.

Unless what you meant was a deeper connection...8D

Anagram

Banned
*can see it now. Xehanort goes into big rant about how keyblades are made from dreams but aren't dreams while doing the time travel no one likes*

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sry if this is offtopic, but I have seen some reviews of KH2.5 say that Re:Coded story was silly in their opinion, and fans just should check the story bits online. Man that made me angry. :( I can see the same thing happen to Re:Chi.
Yeah. :c Luckily, the fans didn't speak for Coded and Nomura was the one who pushed for its release outside of Japan! I'm hoping he does the same for Chi in some form.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm just here to drop in to say that I feel bad for the player because everybody hates being stood up on a date. Mysterious silver haired boyfriend will return, just like Sora's silver haired bo–best friend.

I have to give some clarification on this, since it can't be understood from reading the dialogue.

The scene with Ephemera saying sorry to the player happens when he went into the clock tower at night alone. And he was never seen since.

During the last update, we learned that the meeting with Ephemera is set up by the black Chirithy. But there is no confirmation whether Ephemera is in on it. Can dream eaters act that independently from their master?

I'm pretty sure the Chirithys are the players' spirits since they die with us. And since we are linked, is the reason why Ephemera's Chirithy turned darker because of Ephemera himself?

I really hope he isn't dead, I really hate characters that died off-screen and the characters will never find out.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Yeah, people had lengthy discussions about Ephemera's name in the discussion when he first appeared.

Kingdom Hearts X[chi]: Ephemera and the Non-Existent World - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

You would probably be interested in it. It's nice to see people taking an interest in chi now that it's starting to get serious.

I was always interested in chi, but I don't really like playing games in other languages, and if I could, my computer couldn't run it. Hopefully when it comes to the west it'll be on a game console.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to give some clarification on this, since it can't be understood from reading the dialogue.

The scene with Ephemera saying sorry to the player happens when he went into the clock tower at night alone. And he was never seen since.

During the last update, we learned that the meeting with Ephemera is set up by the black Chirithy. But there is no confirmation whether Ephemera is in on it. Can dream eaters act that independently from their master?

I'm pretty sure the Chirithys are the players' spirits since they die with us. And since we are linked, is the reason why Ephemera's Chirithy turned darker because of Ephemera himself?

I really hope he isn't dead, I really hate characters that died off-screen and the characters will never find out.

He better have not died. Ephemera has become way too important in a short amount of time to die and never be referenced again.

I want to believe it is more likely he has 1) Set the player up somehow, 2) Tied to the black coat, 3) Good and just captured

I was always interested in chi, but I don't really like playing games in other languages, and if I could, my computer couldn't run it. Hopefully when it comes to the west it'll be on a game console.

Ah, my comment was more in general and not directly aimed at you.

Your computer can't run chi? It's a little browser game. Do you really get that much lag? :x

Awards
That was what I meant by time moving to some degree. Stuff can't be happening outside and inside if time isn't moving. If they were in a place where time played no role, they would have came out of the RoS at the same instant of time they entered.

I think it is important to note he says "real time" meaning that the worlds are stuck in an eternal slumber reliving the past and not changing or moving forward. Time is moving but nothing nothing's ticking. If that makes sense...

(I feel you. KH3D is one of those games where if you think it over too much, you can pretty much deconstruct everything and it becomes unintelligible. It's why I don't really like talking about KH3D because it collapses on all of its plot holes)

What you're saying would mean that real time does flow in the RoS, just at a dilated pace. If someone dives into the RoS, spends a year there, and even just a minute passes in the real world concurrently, then you have to say that real time flows there. We know time is slowed exponentially in the RoD (and also the deeper you go into the layers of sleep, but this isn't "real" time, just the perception of it), but I don't think this is the same thing.

So you do have to account for the time that passes in the real world in DDD, which I would chalk up mostly to the Organization's interference and bringing Sora into the real world. Yen Sid does note that something was off "immediately" and his attempts to reach Sora and Riku failed, meaning that his expectation of its duration was exceeded.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What you're saying would mean that real time does flow in the RoS, just at a dilated pace. If someone dives into the RoS, spends a year there, and even just a minute passes in the real world concurrently, then you have to say that real time flows there. We know time is slowed exponentially in the RoD (and also the deeper you go into the layers of sleep, but this isn't "real" time, just the perception of it), but I don't think this is the same thing.

So you do have to account for the time that passes in the real world in DDD, which I would chalk up mostly to the Organization's interference and bringing Sora into the real world. Yen Sid does note that something was off "immediately" and his attempts to reach Sora and Riku failed, meaning that his expectation of its duration was exceeded.

Which I did note in my previous post. It definitely isn't the same thing, that we agree on, and there is no way to explain the opposite of "real time" when it is a conceptual measurement that we have no basis of understanding of. Even if the Organization & their real world-dream world hijinks caused the irregularity, it still doesn't necessarily negate the fact it happened. The problem is that we don't know what the realm is like untouched and without interference.

The best way to explain it would be that "real time" does not move in that the Sleeping Worlds are not moving forward in time and are in an endless loop. Time moves in that events & actions are happening at a constant rate, there are intervals between these actions that can be accounted for (although not at the same rate of "real time" in the RoL or even measurable outside of the narrative since no time frames are given), and time outside of the RoS is moving forward as time loops within the Sleeping Worlds. Put in two characters that, by their very existence, are moving in time and inject themselves into and/or alter the course of events of the Sleeping World, then time must exist in some comparable way between the two realms.

And if Yen Sid was expecting even a fraction of time to pass, that still means time exists in some way jut not in the "real" way that it does in the RoL.

Awards
Seriously? How is this even up for debate lol.

Even if you say "oh, time cycles in the RoS while time progresses in the real world," that is unjustifiable with what Yen Sid said. Real time does not flow. There would still be a temporal connection that would allow real time to flow in the RoS because you could actually make a chronological order of the times it has "cycled." Meaning, for example, during the events of KH1, La Cite des Cloches was repeating an event for the 10th time, and by the events of KH2, it was repeating them the 100th time.

In short, if any time spent in the RoS creates a passage of time of any increment in the real world, then real time flows in the RoS. Period.

If you need more proof, on the night of the storm, "time had stopped for the people on the world of Destiny Islands," as Nomura himself said.

Yen Sid said he recognized something was wrong immediately after sending them. "Oh shit! Why aren't they back yet? Could they be somewhere else?"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seriously? How is this even up for debate lol.

Even if you say "oh, time cycles in the RoS while time progresses in the real world," that is unjustifiable with what Yen Sid said. Real time does not flow. There would still be a temporal connection that would allow real time to flow in the RoS because you could actually make a chronological order of the times it has "cycled." Meaning, for example, during the events of KH1, La Cite des Cloches was repeating an event for the 10th time, and by the events of KH2, it was repeating them the 100th time.

In short, if any time spent in the RoS creates a passage of time of any increment in the real world, then real time flows in the RoS. Period.

If you need more proof, on the night of the storm, "time had stopped for the people on the world of Destiny Islands," as Nomura himself said.

Yen Sid said he recognized something was wrong immediately after sending them. "Oh shit! Why aren't they back yet? Could they be somewhere else?"

Why are you getting upset? I just agreed that time "does not flow" because it isn't. We agree on that. I am not even debating that.

"Real time" stopped. Instead the worlds are dreaming, looping in time, unchanging, reliving the past over while the outside world is still moving forward and changing. That is what Yen Sid means by "real time" not moving. They are trapped in their past, "locked in a dream forever."

And that is where time comes into play. If Sora & Riku entered the realm, and they are doing stuff that causes events to happen (because events can only exist in time, there is no such thing as events happening where time does not exist/move), and time is moving outside at the same time they are doing thing, then time is moving inside the RoS.

I only got on this subject as a response to you saying "Plus, given that the RoS is in a suspended state, he has all the time in the world." and my watered down response was "no, he doesn't have all of the time in the world because time is moving the RoL as events happen in the RoS". Xehanort could do a million things in the RoS but when he came out some duration of time would have still passed.

And honestly I don't think either of us know what we stand for anymore because this went from me saying that Xehanort did not have the time to do whatever and you saying two opposite things in your recent post.

I'm not even arguing so I'm not sure why you are trying to argue with me.

And we way off from the main topic of discussion so respond back, do whatever you'd like but I'm personally done and just want to talk about the cute asshole cat this topic is about.

Anagram

Banned
Perhaps it's not so much that time is moving for the realm but for the outsiders inside it? Riku says each world has it's own sense of time but if each world does then wouldn't it make sense that each person does as well?

•For instance. Those lost to sleep like the worlds and it's inhabitants have no sense of time. Just the flow of a dream. Nothing is real as it is a dream, even the flow of "time" they think they are experiencing in that dream.

•Or another example. Sora and Riku was active and about during KH1. Time for them was flowing but it wasn't for anyone that didn't escape Destiny Islands when it was lost.

Sora, Riku and Xehanort aren't trapped in sleep though. They are outsiders. So wouldn't it make sense that the flow of time we're seeing is from those three perspectives?
In KH2 Sora, Donald and Goofy are immune to the pirates gold because they are of another world and they speculate it's because of this that different rules apply. So we are likely seeing the same affect here.

The rules are different for them because they aren't a part of the dream like the worlds are.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We've uploaded the scenes with English subs! Thanks to Kazr10 for his translations and ShardofTruth for the KH font!

(Also I really shouldn't play with volume off lol)

[video=youtube_share;_RrnmtV_AJQ]http://youtu.be/_RrnmtV_AJQ[/video]

Nial

Awards
always turn on the volume during cutscenes! :D thanks for the vid

Quartz

Awards
The feels from that scene. T_T

And the way it was said, makes me think that Ephemera knew something more and that's why he stopped us from going in. What that is, we'll find out when it's our turn...

Because we're going in. that's a given. Especially now.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
The feels from that scene. T_T

And the way it was said, makes me think that Ephemera knew something more and that's why he stopped us from going in. What that is, we'll find out when it's our turn...

Because we're going in. that's a given. Especially now.

Yes, though I'd say the good money says we're going in after several months at Wonderland.

YukiYashaH

Awards
Waah, thanks for the vid <3
E-E-Ephemera-kuuunnn ç___ç don't sacrifice yourself, noo!!! I was already expecting to see him on KH3 Ç_Ç I'm in love, don't gooo ç_ç

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back