• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revelation: Chirithy is a Dream Eater

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Gotta say, I'm among the few that have evaded [chi] articles in hopes that this someday gets localized, and it would have been nice if the reveal were in the article and not the headline. This seems to be a major plot twist as far as this installment is concerned.

Now all the wheels in my head are turning.

Reckard

Yikes, I have to agree about the title. Would it really have been worse to put "Revelation: Chirthy is a....." instead of spoiling the reveal to anyone actually playing?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I don't want to dissuade people from posting their opinions on this issue, but you're asking hypotheticals that have already been discussed up the thread.

Long story short: the mods deliberately chose to spoil everyone because most fans didn't care or are outright dismissive of the game. So yes, it would have been worse to cut off the spoiler, because their motive was to spoil. I don't agree with it either (I certainly think KHX players should have been given a day or two) but I feel like the discussion is backsliding.

Last edited:

Reckard

I don't want to dissuade people from posting their opinions on this issue, but you're asking hypotheticals that have already been discussed up the thread.

I know, I'm just supporting what was brought up.

Long story short: the mods deliberately chose to spoil everyone because most fans didn't care or are outright dismissive of the game. So yes, it would have been worse to cut off the spoiler, because their motive was to spoil. I don't agree with it either (I certainly think KHX players should have been given a day or two) but I feel like the discussion is backsliding.

That really doesn't make sense. If there are players dismissive of the game, how would they even know/care who Chirithy is? It's still not connecting to the main plot in any way yet, so it's not like it's that big of a deal to non-players. It is to the people actually playing though.

This only makes me want to stay away from these forums so I don't get randomly spoiled. Just let the dissmissers dismiss Chi, it can prove itself relevant once it's all done and the obvious connection to KH3 has been made.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That really doesn't make sense. If there are players dismissive of the game, how would they even know/care who Chirithy is? It's still not connecting to the main plot in any way yet, so it's not like it's that big of a deal to non-players. It is to the people actually playing though.

It's a way to generate interest in the game. If fans who don't care read a headline that says "Chirithy is..." they are more likely to not click. To say "Chirithy is a Dream Eater", fans that previously dismissed chi would be more inclined to understand just what is going on and click the link and then perhaps want to know more about the game. And I can assure you, this did work to accomplish that.

Of course, this attempt at drawing attention came at the cost of spoiling actual players, to which I am truly sorry happened.

This only makes me want to stay away from these forums so I don't get randomly spoiled. Just let the dissmissers dismiss Chi, it can prove itself relevant once it's all done and the obvious connection to KH3 has been made.

But we don't really want people to dismiss the game. We want people to play it, or desire to play it in English. It wasn't the best attempt at generating interest, but we will be mindful about our future article titles. We'd never spoil with the intent to upset anybody.

WaveK89

I'm just going to throw this farfetched idea in here. This revelation and reading the discussion, I've been getting familiar feelings to FFX and the Fayth dreaming up Zanarkand. My mind is a jumbled mess trying to figure why I feel this way and how something similar would apply. Like the whole idea of Chi happening in real time as a dream with the present makes little sense, but feels like a possibility. I wasn't really sure where to take this idea, but I just wanted to share my nostalgic feelings.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It wouldn't be the first time KH has borrowed plot from a Final Fantasy game. I've been waiting for the Cloud of Darkness to show up for years now.

Quartz

Awards
It wouldn't be the first time KH has borrowed plot from a Final Fantasy game. I've been waiting for the Cloud of Darkness to show up for years now.
Good idea, and she'd fit great as a "embodiment of Darkness" type character like Maleficent. Personally i'm awaiting Shantotto.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Actually, though it goes into fanfic territory, I want to see Maleficent and the Cloud of Darkness face off.

I would love Shantotto and I haven't even played FFXI.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
so chi is in the RoS

which means mickey showing up

and

keyblade war

horse clan

um

square you've got ten months give us this damn game or incorporate the story into a 3DHD somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back