• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reoccuring Symbols of KH.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Yeah, you can make religious connections to just about anything in a book, movie, television show, or video game with a storyline like Kingdom Hearts. Now certain series, such as The Chronicles of Narnia, have deliberate religious symbolism in them. That's an allegory. I think Kingdom Hearts is more on the unintentional side.

That's funny how Nomura never planned to use Sea-Salt ice cream as much as he did! I've always seen it as a symbol of friendship and loyalty. Everyone who eats it seems to really like it, no matter what world they come from, so it connects them all to one another in a small way.

V

V.A.T.13

Seasalt ice cream is a mary sue.

XD

You wanna talk food symbolism? Take a look ate he menu screens of KH1 and KH2.
KH1: Sora has fish in his mouth
KH2: Sora has a popcicle in his mouth

KH1: Kairi
KH2: Riku

I assume you know what I mean by this. If not, you're too young to know.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Then you should know that religious connections are almost everywhere in games ESPECIALLY those type.

You have the messiah with a super power who sacrifices himself for the rest of the world, the betrayer of the messiah, the messiah comming back to life, etc.
You have the ULTIMATE being, the followers of that being and the messiah, I mean come on.

How many times have you seen that in a story?

Hell, I'm doing that in a game I'm making.

Sins and Virtues.

V

V.A.T.13

Sins and Virtues.
Ugh. Although this is a nice concept, I've heard it way too many times already. But, if you use it in a new way, should be no problem.

I only used the sins and shit to help make a character's personality. oh, know what's fun? Matching them up with already existing characters.

Sora - Sloth
Riku - Pride
Roxas - Envy
Namine - Greed
Axel - Gluttony (kinda ironic seeing how skinny he is)
Larxene - Lust
Kairi - ...goddamnit Kairi, you f*cking suck...*labels her has wrath in hopes she turns evil*

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
This symbols could mean anything, or just thrown in there for some effect like they do mean something.
Eye = The truth within the darkness? Something we probably wouldn't think of
Crowns = I'd guess for each Keyblade wielder gets to be the king of whatever element the Keyblade wields or something. Sora is the King of Stupidity and Randomness though.
Sea-salt Ice Cream = The connection between friends and memories possibly. That or it symbolizes the only food they'll get in the game cause they know they won't be able to eat again after that.

I think their are other symbols in the game that symbolize something, but these three are just...weird to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back