• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Recording Begins for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I am waiting for SQEX to confirm an american version.

Well, they could be dickheads as well and do quite the same thing they did to Final Fantasy Type-0, too...

Different situations completely. The two should not be compared.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am waiting for SQEX to confirm an american version.

Well, they could be dickheads as well and do quite the same thing they did to Final Fantasy Type-0, too...
That isn't the case with this game.
While Type-0 was a new game for a dying console, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 is a HD remaster of an old game and it's going onto a console that has had a lot of success.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'd keep in mind that the purpose of KHHD is to return the series to consoles and give newer players the opportunity to experience the series without the system jumping. Since KINGDOM HEARTS is vastly more popular overseas, keeping it Japanese exclusive is incredibly counterproductive.

Zero Dozer

The PSP is a dying console because Sony wanted to. Do not come at me with that argument when Sony's the one with the wrong strategies.

Also, there are still games being released for the PSP, the same way it was for the PS2 even before last year, before its production finally ceased this month.

And SQEX isn't actually composed of the smartest minds, for what I know. Just look at the first Final Fantasy XIII and the scrapping of the american version of Type-0, a somewhat acclaimed game here on the west.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The PSP is a dying console because Sony wanted to. Do not come at me with that argument when Sony's the one with the wrong strategies.

Also, there are still games being released for the PSP, the same way it was for the PS2 even before last year, before its production finally ceased this month.

And SQEX isn't actually composed of the smartest minds, for what I know. Just look at the first Final Fantasy XIII and the scrapping of the american version of Type-0, a somewhat acclaimed game here on the west.
All that we are saying is, the two games aren't comparable. They are completely different financially wise.
Square Enix is just looking for alternatives for Type-0 at the moment so they can release it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Mainly in Japan. Not many companies are supporting the PSP in NA. How did we get on this anyways?

They didn't scrap it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, the console not taking off with the Western audience like it did with the Eastern audience was totally within Sony's control.

Those games are few and far between and most companies aren't willing to risk the loss of profit on the off chance that the games might take off.

There is a fanbase for XIII, btw.

But this thread is not the place to discuss the matter further. If you want to talk about Type-0 you are welcome to post about it here.

Give Type-0 the support you can and hopefully we'll see something in the future.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
JESSE WHY U LEAK. *sob*

Well, both games have Tetsuya Nomura involved.

He was only character designer in Type-0. Type-0 is all Hajime Tabata.

As for Type-0, why not start a Kickstarter fund? There are a lot of Final Fantasy fans that would support them.

I am one of the biggest Type-0 fans but what would a Kickstarter accomplish?

Doesn't looks like that.

Having it on their shelf for later use and scrapping it are two different things.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Again I wonder why they let him take that camera in their in the first place.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Again I wonder why they let him take that camera in their in the first place.
My guess is the people behind the glass didn't care because Jesse made it quite obvious when he either extended his arm to record himself or had someone else do it

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just me as a fan but people should really hit Jesse McCartney up on his twitter to give him some love. Voice actors get into a lot of trouble over stuff like this like Pinwheel said earlier, so I imagine any encouragement would be nice.

Following him on Keek, Twitter, and Instagram would also be good too.

Yeah, and I'm sure the people in the studio were told the same legal mumbo jumbo like Jesse.

It's not like it's bad press. Fans were being really negative about this HD remaster, not thinking it was going to come out and didn't give two diddlys about it until Jesse made his tweets today.

Last edited:

Xagzan

Awards
Please, get Billy Zane back for Ansem in ReCoM? A fool's hope, but hope nonetheless.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Voice recording for that game was done back in 2008. It's too late to get Billy Zane back. Besides it's been 10 years and Mr. Epcar has gotten so much better.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Does anyone know if anything happened to Jesse yet? I assume that at this point if they haven't made any mention of it, they are going to let this slide o_O I mean, I know they usually get into trouble, but they only made him remove the video and took that down, which included sounds from the game (his grunts) so I can understand that. However, I don't think anything else really happened. I'm hoping nothing did >_< Fans seem to be more receptive to SE today in a positive way moreso than any day in the past year haha xP

And now that everyone is actually searching up the game, it as a great time to release the coverart...do you think they have anything to do with each other???

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone know if anything happened to Jesse yet? I assume that at this point if they haven't made any mention of it, they are going to let this slide o_O I mean, I know they usually get into trouble, but they only made him remove the video and took that down, which included sounds from the game (his grunts) so I can understand that. However, I don't think anything else really happened. I'm hoping nothing did >_< Fans seem to be more receptive to SE today in a positive way moreso than any day in the past year haha xP
Jesse should be fine. Nothing happened when he leaked it before.

And now that everyone is actually searching up the game, it as a great time to release the coverart...do you think they have anything to do with each other???
Coincidence.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Probably got told to remove his tweet/instagram and keek, not to do it again, rah rah legal mumbo jumbo. It isn't like they would fire him.

Nah, coincidence. This was probably planned for awhile. Jesse tweeting/keeking/instagraming was out of the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back