• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reason why Isa/Saix is with MX...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobizzle

Most people are assuming that Saix(or Isa, whichever he is) is a seeker of darkness because he's still under Master Xehanort's control, but what if he is siding with him willingly? It got me thinking, especially after re-watching cutscenes from 358/2 Days:

throughout the game, there is no doubt a ton of tension between Axel and Saix, especially when it comes to Axel's friendship with Roxas and Xion. Saix in my opinion seemed to have an almost jealous like attitude, and their relationship was obviously almost non-existent in KH2.

So in short, my point is this: do ya'll think it's possible that Saix is still siding with Xehanort simply to spite Lea, as revenge for feeling replaced by Roxas and Xion? If this has been discussed before I'm sorry I didn't know but I would like some input.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think that's probably what happened. Axel and Saix were scheming to take over the Organization together, and who knows, Saix may still have more control over his situation than he's letting on but by the end of Days there's no sign of the plot to overthrow Xemnas anywhere.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's more or less a deliberate mystery, as in one interview Nomura pointed out that Saix' circumstances and situation are similar to Braigs.

With our current level of information though Saix/Isa is definitely a wildcard, he could be the same as Braig as in that he's a willing participant in the whole mess for whatever reason and therefore an ally of Xehanort rather than a slave/puppet or he could also be in the same situation as Terra and possibly Eraqus.

Neither of the two can be ruled out but neither can also be confirmed until we get more information on the whole case.

I remember there was once a theory around that in the new Organisation out of 13 people actually five are in with Xehanort willingly as allies (and the sixth is MX himself) while the other seven are all there against their will so that each Guardian of Light will have designated one person that needs to be saved rather than destroyed among the thirteen seekers and only six of the thirteen are really "true villains".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
On some level it is spite. Saix represents an abusive friend, the one who at first was a great friend but then as time passed became more jealous and controlling because they want the other person to themselves. It reaches the point of emotional control and abuse.

"Which would you rather suffer the loss of, Some make believe friendship, or a real one?"

This is Saix's way of guilting his old friend, trying to shame him for making new emotional connections rather than spending time on their goals (taking over the Organization). Of course, Axel did not react to the bait. Their friendship was already torn apart because of their lack of hearts (or belief that they had no heart at all), and why would Axel cling to a friendship that was already long-lost because of time and faded feelings.

"Things are finally right again. Of course we're better off this way. Xemnas is exasperated from all the "fixing" we've had to do. We have to set things right. There is simply too much on the line...Lea."

The use of his name is a way to emotionally control Axel, to remind him of the connection they truly share; that nobody but Saix can understand Axel or their true predicament.

At the same time, I find Saix to be a huge conundrum. His and Axel's actions imply they are looking to take over the Organization for their implied goals of regaining their hearts or gaining power from Kingdom Hearts, or even an ulterior motive yet unstated in the series (revenge on the Apprentices being a theory many subscribe to.)

He also seems extremely loyal to Xemnas and, in extension, Xehanort's plans. We don't know how long he has been a gold-eyed, spiky eared "Xehanort". Perhaps all along he has been a puppet of Xehanort using Axel to weed out the ill-fitted vessels without his knowledge?

Who is the true Saix? Where does Isa end and Xehanort begin?

Is Saix the man who treasures the friendship between him and Axel/Lea and suffers because of the loss of it, and now acts like a scorned lover? The man who loyally follows the Superior and Xehanort's plans because he believes in them? Just a guy who wants to take down the Organization through his own means even if it means losing himself in the process? Or perhaps just a hollowed man who just wants his true heart back and will do it by any means necessary?

We don't know enough about Saix to understand what his true motivations are.

Last edited:

Bobizzle

It's more or less a deliberate mystery, as in one interview Nomura pointed out that Saix' circumstances and situation are similar to Braigs.

With our current level of information though Saix/Isa is definitely a wildcard, he could be the same as Braig as in that he's a willing participant in the whole mess for whatever reason and therefore an ally of Xehanort rather than a slave/puppet or he could also be in the same situation as Terra and possibly Eraqus.

Neither of the two can be ruled out but neither can also be confirmed until we get more information on the whole case.

I remember there was once a theory around that in the new Organisation out of 13 people actually five are in with Xehanort willingly as allies (and the sixth is MX himself) while the other seven are all there against their will so that each Guardian of Light will have designated one person that needs to be saved rather than destroyed among the thirteen seekers and only six of the thirteen are really "true villains".

I always wondered why Saix was named Xemnas's second in command, especially after finding out that Lea and Isa's involvement in the whole thing turned out to be a horrible "wrong place wrong time" type of accident. I don't necessarily think that Saix is completely evil, but I do feel like he is harboring some sort of hidden agenda and right now it doesn't sound like Lea is a part of it(though anything is possible).

On some level it is spite. Saix represents an abusive friend, the one who at first was a great friend but then as time passed became more jealous and controlling because they want the other person to themselves. It reaches the point of emotional control and abuse.

"Which would you rather suffer the loss of, Some make believe friendship, or a real one?"

This is Saix's way of guilting his old friend, trying to shame him for making new emotional connections rather than spending time on their goals (taking over the Organization). Of course, Axel did not react to the bait. Their friendship was already torn apart because of their lack of hearts (or belief that they had no heart at all), and why would Axel cling to a friendship that was already long-lost because of time and faded feelings.

"Things are finally right again. Of course we're better off this way. Xemnas is exasperated from all the "fixing" we've had to do. We have to set things right. There is simply too much on the line...Lea."

The use of his name is a way to emotionally control Axel, to remind him of the connection they truly share; that nobody but Saix can understand Axel or their true predicament.

At the same time, I find Saix to be a huge conundrum. His and Axel's actions imply they are looking to take over the Organization for their implied goals of regaining their hearts or gaining power from Kingdom Hearts, or even an ulterior motive yet unstated in the series (revenge on the Apprentices being a theory many subscribe to.)

He also seems extremely loyal to Xemnas and, in extension, Xehanort's plans. We don't know how long he has been a gold-eyed, spiky eared "Xehanort". Perhaps all along he has been a puppet of Xehanort using Axel to weed out the ill-fitted vessels without his knowledge?

Who is the true Saix? Where does Isa end and Xehanort begin?

Is Saix the man who treasures the friendship between him and Axel/Lea and suffers because of the loss of it, and now acts like a scorned lover? The man who loyally follows the Superior and Xehanort's plans because he believes in them? Just a guy who wants to take down the Organization through his own means even if it means losing himself in the process? Or perhaps just a hollowed man who just wants his true heart back and will do it by any means necessary?

We don't know enough about Saix to understand what his true motivations are.

Once again you provide probably the best analysis. It really is hard to get a read on Isa/Saix. Even in KH2 I felt like he wasn't entirely as evil as he led on, but yet was still devious enough that you know he's not good either. This will sound like a weird comparison but he reminds me of Revolver Ocelot from the Metal Gear series; tactful and cunning and able to hide what his true motives are and where his loyalty lies. That's why I look forward to seeing the dynamic between him and Lea more in KH3.

I definitely think there is some level of spite in Isa when it comes to Lea. It might be a stretch to say that that's exactly why he's still siding with Xehanort, but I think it's possible. Lea's face and shock when he realizes it's Isa attacking him in DDD is pretty telling after all(and the fact that Lea calls him Isa makes me believe he is the reformed Isa and not Saix, but as you said Saix called him Lea once in 358/2 Days so idk).

I think that's probably what happened. Axel and Saix were scheming to take over the Organization together, and who knows, Saix may still have more control over his situation than he's letting on but by the end of Days there's no sign of the plot to overthrow Xemnas anywhere.

Yeah, I'd have to imagine that if Saix was still commited to whatever plan him and Lea concocted, that he would be on Team Sora instead of Team Xehanort(lol I know it's dumb to refer to it that way). So that's why it's possible he may in fact be just a controlled puppet now. Or maybe he has a new ulterior motive for siding with Xehanort...because if it is to still take over the Organization than it's fair to say that Isa must be more evil than we realize.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I definitely think there is some level of spite in Isa when it comes to Lea. It might be a stretch to say that that's exactly why he's still siding with Xehanort, but I think it's possible. Lea's face and shock when he realizes it's Isa attacking him in DDD is pretty telling after all(and the fact that Lea calls him Isa makes me believe he is the reformed Isa and not Saix, but as you said Saix called him Lea once in 358/2 Days so idk).

I believe Lea referring to the blue-haired guy at the end of DDD as Isa is because of his assumption that the first eight members of the old Organization had been recompleted (just like himself). It could have been Isa, but it could have been Saix who was plucked out of his time when he was still alive.

And as Spock had said, the reason why Saix referred to Flamesilocks as Lea that time was an attempt to have a bell ring in Axel's head and remind him of the friendship they used to share. It probably was Saix's breaking point.

Yeah, I'd have to imagine that if Saix was still commited to whatever plan him and Lea concocted, that he would be on Team Sora instead of Team Xehanort(lol I know it's dumb to refer to it that way). So that's why it's possible he may in fact be just a controlled puppet now. Or maybe he has a new ulterior motive for siding with Xehanort...because if it is to still take over the Organization than it's fair to say that Isa must be more evil than we realize.

I don't know. I'd wager a guess that he would have been on neither team. He would probably have been on Team Saix, working under the guise of serving Xehanort. It's kind of hard to see, though, since it seems like Saix was already head-deep in darkness thanks to Lea's "betrayal", in which state he might have been able to be way more easily controlled by Xehanort.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I think the reason Isa/Saix is working with Xehanort is both due to Xehanort's influence & out of spite towards Lea. Basically, Saix already has golden eyes by the time 358/2 Days takes place, so it could have been forced on him to begin with. In fact, being influenced by Xehanort like that might have been the reason Saix wanted Axel to overthrow Xemnas in the first place.

However, once it was clear that Axel would chose Roxas and Xion in his Nobody life rather than keep the old friendship Lea and Isa had in the human life, Saix could have lost all hope to be his happy self again. So in the end, I could see Isa/Saix willingly accept his fate as one of the XIII Seekers of Darkness at the risk of his identity just to escape the pain of losing his best friend.

In summary, Isa/Saix was at first an unwilling vessel who wanted Lea/Axel to help him escape it and make sure no one else becomes a vessel. However, Lea/Axel chose Roxas and Xion over Isa/Saix, so he just stopped fighting Xehanort's influence because the loss of his best friend hurts too deeply for Isa/Saix to handle.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Pretty much agree with Horizon Knight in that at first he was unwilling but after his falling out with Axel he no longer cared.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Saix's Xehanort-ation and general assholery can probably be attributed to the same thing Riku dealt with in KH1 ie WANT MO' POWER, GOTTA GET MORE STRENGTH

I doubt it's all based off jealousy and losing a friend, the guy is messed up regardless.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Saix's Xehanort-ation and general assholery can probably be attributed to the same thing Riku dealt with in KH1 ie WANT MO' POWER, GOTTA GET MORE STRENGTH

I doubt it's all based off jealousy and losing a friend, the guy is messed up regardless.

I don't know about that. If it were true, then chances are Saix wouldn't have brought up his past friendship with Axel in Days. The fact that he confronted Axel about his newfound "make-believe" friendship with Roxas and Xion, as well as comparing it with a real one, indicates that he was insecure and indeed jealous.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The fact that he confronted Axel about his newfound "make-believe" friendship with Roxas and Xion, as well as comparing it with a real one, indicates that he was insecure and indeed jealous.

That's not necessarily true. The way he treats Axel could also be indicative of his lack of caring. He could totally just have put their "friendship" up for collateral to manipulate Axel to do his bidding.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's not necessarily true. The way he treats Axel could also be indicative of his lack of caring. He could totally just have put their "friendship" up for collateral to manipulate Axel to do his bidding.

Which would be very Xehanort of him to do.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

In hindsight, that's possibly true as well. It goes perfectly in line with his cunning nature in KH2, with which he takes advantage of Sora and Kairi's friendship to manipulate him (Sora) into doing the Organization's bidding.

I don't believe that Saix had been a bag of scum all the time, though. Isa seemed to be good friends with Lea in BbS. Granted, there's no way of knowing what had happened between that time and Days about his and Axel's history and whether or not there had been conflicts between them, but at the beginning of Days, it looks like they were on relatively good terms with each other. It wasn't until Axel's prolonged interaction with Roxas and Xion that Saix's bitterness toward him started to become apparent.

Anyway, as for now, all we can do is bring up interesting theories that may or may not be true, thanks to the lack of information.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
In hindsight, that's possibly true as well. It goes perfectly in line with his cunning nature in KH2, with which he takes advantage of Sora and Kairi's friendship to manipulate him (Sora) into doing the Organization's bidding.

I don't believe that Saix had been a bag of scum all the time, though. Isa seemed to be good friends with Lea in BbS. Granted, there's no way of knowing what had happened between that time and Days about his and Axel's history and whether or not there had been conflicts between them, but at the beginning of Days, it looks like they were on relatively good terms with each other. It wasn't until Axel's prolonged interaction with Roxas and Xion that Saix's bitterness toward him started to become apparent.

Anyway, as for now, all we can do is bring up interesting theories that may or may not be true, thanks to the lack of information.

I mean, Riku isn't a bag of scum, but he made a really stupid choice in KH1 that nearly ruined his life. Who's to say Saix didn't take and embrace that?

lucken

aren't we forgetting something? Saix is a nobody, he can't feel hatred or jealousy or anything like that. I think Saix was always a person who looked at things black and white. Either you are with Xemnas or you are not. And he chose to be with Xemnas, and does a darn good job at it too. The only reason why there is a glimmer of a relationship between Axel and Saix is due to the fact that both of them remember how they used to act to eachother. Don't you agree? And I don't think Saix is being controlled by Xemnas at all. In Dream drop distance in the end you could see Xemnas, Xenahonort and whatever, even Xigbar. But you couldn't see Saix. Why wouldn't they show him but they did show Xigbar? My guess is that either they want to make a major surprise for the gamers in Kingdom hearts 3 when you need to fight that berserking tank of a guy again or he got killed plain and simple the first time Sora beated the crap out of him in Kingdom hearts 2

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm sorry for asking this, but have you really played or watched DDD? Saix might be a Nobody, true, but just as Xemnas had elaborated in DDD, Nobodies can grow a heart.

Xemnas in DDD said:
Indeed. A heart is never lost for good. There may have been variances in our dispositions, but a number of us unquestionably showed signs of a burgeoning replacement. Once born, the heart can also be nurtured. Our experiments creating Heartless were attempts to control the mind, and convince it to renounce its sense of self. But understand, one can banish the heart from the body, but the body will try to replace it the first chance it gets, for as many times as it takes.

It's possible that Saix might have grown one, which means him being jealous or spiteful toward Axel is a valid point.

And we did see Saix near the end of DDD. It's the guy who lurched forward from his seat to attack Lea. Heck, his hood was even down and Lea said his name... if that wasn't Saix or Isa, I don't know who that was.

Jump to 6:19 for Saix's entry.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
aren't we forgetting something? Saix is a nobody, he can't feel hatred or jealousy or anything like that.

False. Nobodies can grow hearts under the proper circumstances, and Saix was probably one of those who did without realizing. The fact he aged from a teenager in BBS to a 20-something year old in Days/KH2/KH3D was a small piece of evidence. You need a heart to age.

The fact he did express anger, rage, and jealousy was probably all of the proof we needed to realize Saix had more than just his memories of emotions to feign. He had real ones and as much as he believed they had no hearts, it was just a lie.

I think Saix was always a person who looked at things black and white. Either you are with Xemnas or you are not.

Except he wasn't. He was both. He was plotting a coup & he was on Xemnas' side. He was certainly black and white when it came to Axel/Roxas/Xion, but he himself was very gray. Not as gray as Axel's, but Saix was just as much as "Team Himself" as Axel was.

And he chose to be with Xemnas, and does a darn good job at it too.

But do we really know that? Saix has clearly been influenced by Xehanort for some years now considering his eyes and ears. Who knows what has been done to him. Like I said in my own post, where does Isa and and Xehanort begin? We don't know enough about who Isa/Saix was before he was put under Xehanort's influence to know just how much of Saix is his own voice. We don't even know when he gained the gold eyes and pointy ears.

The only reason why there is a glimmer of a relationship between Axel and Saix is due to the fact that both of them remember how they used to act to eachother. Don't you agree?

No, I don't. If Saix TRULY had no heart, he wouldn't have really cared either way that Axel had become buddies with Roxas and Xion. If he had been really 100% devoted to Xemnas' plans in Days, he would have seen Axel's newfound friendship with the Keyblade wielders as something to manipulate for their big plans. Instead he got angry over it, and was determined to do whatever he could to try and bring Axel back to his side by reminding them of THEIR friendship. He certainly gave no fucks when it came to Xion beyond the fact she was a tool for them to gather hearts, but for some reason she bothered him.

Why would he get so upset over a puppet? He himself said she was worthless, and yet when she became close to Axel he was having none of that.

I don't know about you but I've been a jealous friend before. When it came to the "new" friend, I did whatever I could to draw my best friend's attention away from them and back on to me. I pulled the "we've been friends for such a long time" card to make her feel guilty. She's done the same to me, monopolizing my time and getting upset when I spent more time with my other friends.

Saix and Axel are such a classic case of this. Saix wasn't thinking logically at all throughout Days. He was petty, but he hid it with a veneer of control.

And I don't think Saix is being controlled by Xemnas at all. In Dream drop distance in the end you could see Xemnas, Xenahonort and whatever, even Xigbar. But you couldn't see Saix. Why wouldn't they show him but they did show Xigbar? My guess is that either they want to make a major surprise for the gamers in Kingdom hearts 3 when you need to fight that berserking tank of a guy again or he got killed plain and simple the first time Sora beated the crap out of him in Kingdom hearts 2

What? They showed Saix/Isa. His hood falls off and Lea is like "Isa!?" When they run out of time and the Xehanorts return to their original times, they even do that "flash to my enemy" thing where Riku stares at Young Xehanort, Mickey at Master Xehanort, and Lea at Saix/Isa.

The way things seem to be, Xehanort can wordlessly control any of his vessels. All he had to do was raise his hand and Saix/Isa had shot off to attack Lea. Who knows how deep this power of control goes. Master Xehanort could possess his younger self, so who is to say he can't possess and manipulate them all like puppets?

Bobizzle

I believe Lea referring to the blue-haired guy at the end of DDD as Isa is because of his assumption that the first eight members of the old Organization had been recompleted (just like himself). It could have been Isa, but it could have been Saix who was plucked out of his time when he was still alive.

And as Spock had said, the reason why Saix referred to Flamesilocks as Lea that time was an attempt to have a bell ring in Axel's head and remind him of the friendship they used to share. It probably was Saix's breaking point.

Obviously it will be important to find out who he really is in KH3: Saix or Isa. If he's Saix, then it's probably more likely that he is just a pawn of Xehanort. But if he's Isa...anything is possible really. I do hope we find out more about Isa-likely from Lea's perspective-in the game to get a better understanding on who he is and what his motivations are, as Spock said.

If that's really the case though then it might be fair to say that Isa really is inherently evil. Because if he truly had a heart as Saix and still cared about Lea, I don't see how he would just unremorsefully be able to manipulate his best friend. It's possible he really may just be another KH1 Riku at this point: believing that your friend no longer loves you, so you just say screw it and give in to the darkness.

False. Nobodies can grow hearts under the proper circumstances, and Saix was probably one of those who did without realizing. The fact he aged from a teenager in BBS to a 20-something year old in Days/KH2/KH3D was a small piece of evidence. You need a heart to age.

The fact he did express anger, rage, and jealousy was probably all of the proof we needed to realize Saix had more than just his memories of emotions to feign. He had real ones and as much as he believed they had no hearts, it was just a lie.

Personally I felt like Saix sort of let on that he knew he still had a heart a few times in KH2, you just had to read between the lines in things he said.

Except he wasn't. He was both. He was plotting a coup & he was on Xemnas' side. He was certainly black and white when it came to Axel/Roxas/Xion, but he himself was very gray. Not as gray as Axel's, but Saix was just as much as "Team Himself" as Axel was.

That's why I always thought something was weird and off about Saix in KH2. He just acted different in general. Like he did feel for what Sora was going through in regards to Riku and Kairi, but ultimately either just didn't care or was unwilling to sympathize with him because he had to keep up appearances. Hes the type of character that really makes you question where his loyalties actually lie: Is it with Xehanort? Still with Lea? Or is it someone or something else entirely?

No, I don't. If Saix TRULY had no heart, he wouldn't have really cared either way that Axel had become buddies with Roxas and Xion. If he had been really 100% devoted to Xemnas' plans in Days, he would have seen Axel's newfound friendship with the Keyblade wielders as something to manipulate for their big plans. Instead he got angry over it, and was determined to do whatever he could to try and bring Axel back to his side by reminding them of THEIR friendship. He certainly gave no diddlys when it came to Xion beyond the fact she was a tool for them to gather hearts, but for some reason she bothered him.

Why would he get so upset over a puppet? He himself said she was worthless, and yet when she became close to Axel he was having none of that.

I agree. It was pretty obvious that Saix was irked over Axel's friendship with Roxas and Xion, ESPECIALLY Xion. You could tell he found it utterly ridiculous that Axel would befriend someone who wasn't even real in a sense.

I don't know about you but I've been a jealous friend before. When it came to the "new" friend, I did whatever I could to draw my best friend's attention away from them and back on to me. I pulled the "we've been friends for such a long time" card to make her feel guilty. She's done the same to me, monopolizing my time and getting upset when I spent more time with my other friends.

We ALL get jealous when we see friends and people we care about getting close to someone else. Jealousy doesn't just apply to romantic relationships, It's human nature-compassion and the need for companionship is the same with friends as well. That has been a philosophy in Japan for some time now, and it's why Sora and Riku's relationship is so intimately compassionate(though it's still up in the air if it's also romantic). Intimacy doesn't always equate to romance, it's how you put the term in context. To some, two guys wrestling on the ground and play fighting is an intimate way to express their bromance, just as a guy hugging and kissing his girlfriend is an intimate way to express their romance. So therefore it is possible that Saix really is like Riku in that his heart was broken because he feels he's lost that close companionship from his friend. I would be devastated too if I found out my best friend ditched me for someone else.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I agree. It was pretty obvious that Saix was irked over Axel's friendship with Roxas and Xion, ESPECIALLY Xion. You could tell he found it utterly ridiculous that Axel would befriend someone who wasn't even real in a sense.
Which in turn was rather ironic as Saix was one of the stout believers of the "nobodies can't feel" lie.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

For someone who apparently cannot feel (as he convinced himself always again) that is either pretty ironic or simply idiotic.
That's also something that lies solely in the viewpoint of the characters, as she only wasn't real in Saix' opinion/perspective, and I do not recall him having the monopoly on deciding who is real and who not. To both Axel and Roxas Xion is real and that's also why they see her actually as a person.

The Riku Replica is practically the same issue, as Larxene only saw him as "a toy" and Riku as a "fake" while Sora saw him as his own, real individual.

All in all, Saix is pretty ignorant and selfish, and as Spockanort pointed out, reminding Axel of their "friendship" and calling him Lea only served to bind Axel to him and the plan, not because Saix truly cared about Axel or their friendship. One of the main reasons Axel eventually turned to Roxas (and later on Xion) was because when with them he actually felt like he had a friendship, while with Saix it was only some superficially surface relationship that was based on old memories, but no more actual substance.
A friendship needs to be nurtured and maintained from both sides, not just one.
The fact that Axel feels no more need to confide things with Saix, yes, even the opposite as in that he thinks it's best to hide several things from him, speaks volumes on how their relationship had really detoriated.

From what we see throughout the entirety of Days, even before Xion and Roxas truly bond with Axel, is that Saix treats Axel more as his servant rather than a friend.

It is interesting to observe all this and then realizing how far Saix/Isa really fell into the web of lies that Xemnas and Xigbar had weaved as part of Xehanort's plan and how ignorant he became of things.
In a meeting between just Xemnas, Saix and him, Xigbar even mocks Saix' lack of clarity and his failure to see that Xion developed an independent sense of self (and thus a heart, but that is kept silent cause it's part of the plan):
Days said:
Xemnas: What else?

Saïx: Somebody accessed our main computer without authorization.

Xigbar: "Somebody"? Are we all gonna pretend we don't know who? Little Poppet
is turning into a problem--and I think you catch my meaning.

Saïx: Nonsense. I see no problem whatsoever.

Xigbar: Ha ha! Well no, apparently you don't!

Saïx: Something you find amusing?

Xigbar: If people see with their hearts, Saïx, then you're even blinder than
the rest of us.

Xemnas: Our plans remain unchanged. Axel, Roxas, and Xion will play the roles
Kingdom Hearts has chosen for them.

Saïx: But sir, Xion... If we don't take steps--

Xemnas: Take steps? How can you not see how perfect this is? Xion is marching
right into the arms of destiny. The only steps we need take are two: watch...
and wait.

Xigbar being the troll he is, gives actually a blatant hint there without the danger of anyone catching on.
Xemnas' statements can come over as complete nonsense, or also as hints towards what's really going on.

Xehanort seeks to become one with Kingdom Hearts and thus become a god, so Xemnas saying that " Axel, Roxas, and Xion will play the roles
Kingdom Hearts has chosen for them." can actually also be read as " Axel, Roxas, and Xion will play the roles Xehanort has chosen for them."

Sure, Xehanort doesn't have the power yet, but he does play around with people's destinies and designates roles for them in his web of plans that will eventually lead to his goal, the X-blade and after that KH itself.
His second mumbling about "marching into the arms of destiny" can also have a second reading in that it is Xehanort's way of saying "I love it when a plan comes together" (Blatant A-Team reference, lol) or, like Emperor Palpatine: "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back