• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Realm of Nothingness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's a matter of perspective. Both could be interpreted as the Realm that's in between the RoL and RoD, and the Realm where beings of Nothingness are born
i dont there the same how could it be a realm itself (nothingness) if it was stuck between two others? worlds like TLTW which exist between show that theres something between the realms not nothing.
imo if the RoN was an inbetween place (an entire realm mind you) the inbetween worlds we seen couldnt be there cause if the RoN had worlds it wouldnt be "nothingness" no more cause there'd be something.
...i just confused myself ;~;

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
i dont there the same how could it be a realm itself (nothingness) if it was stuck between two others? worlds like TLTW which exist between show that theres something between the realms not nothing.
imo if the RoN was an inbetween place (an entire realm mind you) the inbetween worlds we seen couldnt be there cause if the RoN had worlds it wouldnt be "nothingness" no more cause there'd be something.
...i just confused myself ;~;

Nobodies are beings of nothingness, yet they're "something" to an extent.

Gram

Banned
Awards
yes cause there heartless, i could see a world like that if it lacked a heart (like any other nobody) but you have to remember so far when we've seen worlds only disappear entirely when their heart's are messed with so going by that wouldnt it be impossible?

also indeed nobodies in something in a way so far we've seen two of them (not seen literally) appear in worlds between roxas>tltw, namine>CO. i know namine and roxas arent good example (being unique and all) but they we're born like normal nobodies.
if nothingness was a realm inbetween they wouldnt have been a place for them to be "born"

i think the RoN is a realm of its own, not between the other two maybe outside or even next to them but not between them.

gxyoumo14

so then we all agree that this needs some elaboration.

tho the most probable outcome will be that the realm of nothingness will become a scrapped idea like the realm of the present,...

and room mod is codes used to go to any place in the game and areas not accessible through normal gameplay like castle oblivion in kh2 or the jungle books jungle in bbs

Nayru's Love

Awards
yes cause there heartless, i could see a world like that if it lacked a heart (like any other nobody) but you have to remember so far when we've seen worlds only disappear entirely when their heart's are messed with so going by that wouldnt it be impossible?

Nobodies are beings of Nothingness that have been rejected by both light and dark; "In-Between" doesn't quite work well together with rejection from both sides.

also indeed nobodies in something in a way so far we've seen two of them (not seen literally) appear in worlds between roxas>tltw, namine>CO. i know namine and roxas arent good example (being unique and all) but they we're born like normal nobodies.
if nothingness was a realm inbetween they wouldnt have been a place for them to be "born"

"Nothingness" is name that can merely describe the nature of an area, it doesn't necessarily have to represent the area so literally.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Nobodies are beings of Nothingness that have been rejected by both light and dark; "In-Between" doesn't quite work well together with rejection from both sides.
yes but their born from losing their heart, for a world to be of the same nature wouldnt it have to have its heart taken? and any time we've seen world hearts bothered it just flat out disappears.

"Nothingness" is name that can merely describe the nature of an area, it doesn't necessarily have to represent the area so literally.
okay then can also apply that to Diz's statement of where he was banished, how do we know the nothingness he was referring to wasnt simply a big black void within the RoD? to him that would be "nothingness" and in a sense he would be right.

which would pretty much mean the final area in the xemnas fight is the only proof of a "nothingness"
and in that area all we seen was nothing, how can it be a world between when theres nothing there?

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Awards
yes but their born from losing their heart, for a world to be of the same nature wouldnt it have to have its heart taken? and any time we've seen world hearts bothered it just flat out disappears.

We're not talking about the nature of the worlds, but the Realm itself. The way I see it, "In-between" can represent either twilight or nothingness. Since Nobodies are beings of nothingness born in this realm...

okay then can also apply that to Diz's statement of where he was banished, how do we know the nothingness he was referring to wasnt simply a big black void within the RoD? to him that would be "nothingness" and in a since he would be right.

We don't know; It's a matter of perspective due to the vagueness of "Nothingness" here.

Gram

Banned
Awards
We're not talking about the nature of the worlds, but the Realm itself. The way I see it, "In-between" can represent either twilight or nothingness. Since Nobodies are beings of nothingness born in this realm...
but i am talking bout the realm itself :/ you brought up the worlds between/nobodies arguement.
just trying to show the RoN cant be a world between or even between the other two realms, cause between them is the worlds between if the RoN was there there wouldnt be any worlds between just nothingness.

i never said nothingness isnt a state of inbetween, like you said the nobodies are nothing however they still are something and when there born its always to a world between light and dark cause neither realm takes them however that doesnt mean were there born is the RoN.
like roxas was born in twilight town if that was in the RoN there'd be nothing there he wouldve popped up in that white area you fight xemnas in.

Nayru's Love

Awards
but i am talking bout the realm itself :/ you brought up the worlds between/nobodies arguement.
just trying to show the RoN cant be a world between or even between the other two realms, cause between them is the worlds between if the RoN was there there wouldnt be any worlds between just nothingness.

You're talking more about the worlds that make up the Realms, not so much the actual Realms themselves.

i never said nothingness isnt a state of inbetween, like you said the nobodies are nothing however they still are something and when there born its always to a world between light and dark cause neither realm takes them however that doesnt mean were there born is the RoN.
like roxas was born in twilight town if that was in the RoN there'd be nothing there he wouldve popped up in that white area you fight xemnas in.

First off, as much as it would make sense, we don't know if the places in which Xemnas is fought is the entirety of the RoN; We don't know for a fact what exactly the RoN is. Second, the worlds that make up the Realm of In Between can still be considered worlds in the RoN since the fact still stands that beings of Nothingness are born specifically in the Realm of In Between. Not saying that they are, but that they can be considered so.

LucasDraleau

the worlds that make up the Realm of In Between can still be considered worlds in the RoN since the fact still stands that beings of Nothingness are born specifically in the Realm of In Between. Not saying that they are, but that they can be considered so.

The worlds of the In-Between realm can't really be considered a part of the RoN, mostly because, from what Ansem says, the RoN threatens to destroy a persons mind unless you are constantly doing something with you mind, like writing, etc. The worlds of the In-between realm (CO, TT, TWNTW, etc.) have no such side effects.

JustDarkMemories

The RoN could be this city-like thing that acts as a background in the fight with the battleship-like nobody in KH II. At the battle with the throned guy, the BG is
a dark city. Maybe a dark society? The clever nobodies and heartless' living place? I have to come up with a scenario.

Awards
Now with DDD there's a fourth realm about to introduced, the realm of sleep.
I wonder how this one is related to the other three...hmm.

I don't think it'll have the same relevance as the others. I almost can think of it as a sort of "sub" realm that isn't on the same plane of existence as the others. It's at least not going to fit into the diagram that Nomura described (the two planes being the RoD and RoL with the "stairs" of the RB running between them).

The worlds of the In-Between realm can't really be considered a part of the RoN, mostly because, from what Ansem says, the RoN threatens to destroy a persons mind unless you are constantly doing something with you mind, like writing, etc. The worlds of the In-between realm (CO, TT, TWNTW, etc.) have no such side effects.

Yeah. It would also seem odd for the Land of Departure to be in the Realm of Nothingness.

Both the dialogue and Famitus post-release interview confirm that AtW's first banishment was to the RoD:
Aqua: Please, call me Aqua. Why are you sitting here all alone in the Realm of Darkness? How did you end up here?
Ansem the Wise: Well, I can tell you this is my second time on these shores. But unfortunately, much like the first, I do not remember who I am or whence I came. Everything was washed away in whatever currents carried me here.

At one point in 'KHII', Ansem the Wise escapes from the world of darkness. This time he has once again descended into the world of darkness.

Curiously, though, there is one other reference to the "realm of nothingness" than AtW's secret reports, it's the 20 mysteries section of the Ultimania:
Ansem the Wise, who banished to the realm of nothingness by his six apprentices.

There is more evidence against the Realm of Nothingness than there is for, but there is enough for it that will make it questionable.
The only way the differences can be accounted for is if the "realm of nothingness" is another way of saying the RoD, which is entirely possible.

DiZ may have been unaware of the term "Realm of Darkness" and simply called it the realm of nothingness because that's what it amounted to for him- a bunch of nothing. You'll notice that he refers to the "realm of nothingness" in his earlier reports and then the "realm of darkness" in his later reports, the two never overlap. He may have found out the actual name in that time.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a RoN, and I wish there were one. Made theories on it before. But I kind of doubt it in light of BbS.

never said the wiki was wrong bout the location just saying its not reliable to use most the time.
and lol whats a room mod?

And I wasn't disagreeing, I was just pointing out that the wiki in this case was (just about) right, and where that answer came from. A room mod is a hack where you can access virtually any area of the game during loading screens by enabling a "joker" code. Hackers have used these to enter areas like the "World of Nothing" during non-scripted points in the game. Thus, like with other normal areas, the programmed name that the developers used will show up, as you can see here:

4:12

Zul

Awards
The RoD can be described as a realm of nothingness in reference to the fact that it is, for the most part, a barren waste.

All of the areas we have seen so far have either been water or rocks, there is no real plant-life growing anywhere nor any creatures except heartless, which may not have even existed there prior to the keyblade war.

I believe this is intentional, in order to present the RoD as something opposite to the RoL, which has many worlds teeming with life.

Gram

Banned
Awards
You're talking more about the worlds that make up the Realms, not so much the actual Realms themselves.
you must consider the worlds that make up these realms! they are part of it they are what said realms consist of :/ like what would the realm of light be without the worlds that exist within it? or what would the RoD be without its barren beach and such.
the worlds of a realm are a part of it and make up its contents.
so what would the realm of nothing be is it had anything in it? no longer "nothingness" cause it would consist of "something"

First off, as much as it would make sense, we don't know if the places in which Xemnas is fought is the entirety of the RoN; We don't know for a fact what exactly the RoN is. Second, the worlds that make up the Realm of In Between can still be considered worlds in the RoN since the fact still stands that beings of Nothingness are born specifically in the Realm of In Between. Not saying that they are, but that they can be considered so.
your right we dont for all we know the area we fight xemnas could have been created by him with the fake kingdom hearts however if it were why wouldnt it be nothingness in its entirety? its nothing by such logic it'd be both very vast yet small cause theres nothing there.

i disagree again, sure they maybe beings of nothing but as you said they're still something. so far the realms have been as their name implies them so, the RoD is made of darkness and its reflected in the areas we've been shown of it everything is darkened and barren while its opposite the RoL is as its name implies full of light with many worlds and beings in it.
if the RoN had worlds in it which would be something it wouldnt no longer be a realm of nothing it'd be a realm of mixed nature.

also why must you keep bringing up the nobody? has nothing to do with realms they are born in worlds between light and dark cause neither realm accepts them, just cause there born in a world of such a state does not mean that world also is of nothing.

A room mod is a hack where you can access virtually any area of the game during loading screens by enabling a "joker" code. Hackers have used these to enter areas like the "World of Nothing" during non-scripted points in the game. Thus, like with other normal areas, the programmed name that the developers used will show up, as you can see here:
o,0 thats cool! wish i knew how do that stuff.

Amazing

Considering how the Realm of Nothingness served as the final battleground for Sora and Riku against Xemnas, yes I would consider it an important element of the KHverse. Not to mention it's same place Ansem was sent to after his spat with his apprentices and drove him mad to the point he needed to continue journaling to keep his sanity. It may be guessing but perhaps it may be the fate of another person to be sent there if it's able to drive a person like Ansem the wise to madness.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even now I'm a little confused about the whole In-Between Realm thing, namely when it comes to the 'corridors of darkness', which are often referred to in Japanese as something like 'darkness of in-between', with the exact same vocab as they use for the realms.

I think I had a big conversation with someone about whether the corridors of darkness were part of the RoD, the RoN or the RoI... but I can't remember what we said. There were diagrams involved though...

flurryflames

I don't think it'll have the same relevance as the others. I almost can think of it as a sort of "sub" realm that isn't on the same plane of existence as the others. It's at least not going to fit into the diagram that Nomura described (the two planes being the RoD and RoL with the "stairs" of the RB running between them).

Yeah. It would also seem odd for the Land of Departure to be in the Realm of Nothingness.

Both the dialogue and Famitus post-release interview confirm that AtW's first banishment was to the RoD:

Curiously, though, there is one other reference to the "realm of nothingness" than AtW's secret reports, it's the 20 mysteries section of the Ultimania:

There is more evidence against the Realm of Nothingness than there is for, but there is enough for it that will make it questionable.
The only way the differences can be accounted for is if the "realm of nothingness" is another way of saying the RoD, which is entirely possible.

DiZ may have been unaware of the term "Realm of Darkness" and simply called it the realm of nothingness because that's what it amounted to for him- a bunch of nothing. You'll notice that he refers to the "realm of nothingness" in his earlier reports and then the "realm of darkness" in his later reports, the two never overlap. He may have found out the actual name in that time.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a RoN, and I wish there were one. Made theories on it before. But I kind of doubt it in light of BbS.

And I wasn't disagreeing, I was just pointing out that the wiki in this case was (just about) right, and where that answer came from. A room mod is a hack where you can access virtually any area of the game during loading screens by enabling a "joker" code. Hackers have used these to enter areas like the "World of Nothing" during non-scripted points in the game. Thus, like with other normal areas, the programmed name that the developers used will show up, as you can see here:

4:12

That is very interesting. I always thought that the realm of darkness was the place where they show Roxas and Xenmas near that dark beach of where the tide comes in. The realm of nothingness seems like it is part of another universe or something even though it seems to be inside the Kingdom Hearts in some point. Actually it seems to connect to the entire battle with Xenmas.

The video is interesting especially with the pitch black nothingness realm where it shows white spirits race across the screen occassionally. I would like to know if the hackers have that one scene where it shows about 20 pods in the mansion.

Awards
Even now I'm a little confused about the whole In-Between Realm thing, namely when it comes to the 'corridors of darkness', which are often referred to in Japanese as something like 'darkness of in-between', with the exact same vocab as they use for the realms.

I think I had a big conversation with someone about whether the corridors of darkness were part of the RoD, the RoN or the RoI... but I can't remember what we said. There were diagrams involved though...

This was exactly what I had in mind when I was reading through this topic, lol.

http://forums.khinsider.com/handheld-entries/155697-based-bbs-secret-movie.html

There it is! I thought we were discussing this through a PM but I couldn't find it. A simple google search really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back