• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Realm of Nothingness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gxyoumo14

So its been a while since this has been brought up so i feel that its time to redisscuss this.

Is the Realm of Nothingness an actual part of the series universe?
Its never really been well explained or shown.

Some say that its the Realm In-Between. But in the Secret Ansem report 3 Ansem the Wise said the realm threatened to destroy his existence. So that may not work.
Though the the Ansem Report 13 says that nobodies are in-between existences, i dont think it really applies as nobodies are an incomplete idea at this point in time

Then as of Blank Points, its been assumed it may have been The Realm of Darkness.
The major proof is that Ansem said that hes been there once before.
This, however, doesnt quite add up to me. The whole reason Ansem the Wise adopts the name DiZ is because he is the Darkness in Zero (Secret Ansem Report 3.) Considering he did reaserch on the heart and darkness he should have understood the nature of the realm.

The only other proof i see of the Realm of Nothingness is the area where Riku and Sora have their final battle against Xemnas. This is the only place i can see as being a Void of nothingness. exept maybe Betwixt-and-Between, though as the name suggests its probably in the Reaml In-Between.

So. Is it real or not? or is it a scrapped/ incomplete idea like the Realm of the Present [Ansem report 12]?

Gram

Banned
Awards
hm..i think its real tho im solely basing that on the area of sora/riku's final battle with xemnas, im not to sure if what diz referred to was the RoD or nothingness do to what he said in blank points.

if anything i think its real but whether diz being there has been retconed or not i dont know.

all that aside i dont believe it to be a real in between either i kinda consider it a realm outside the rest.

LucasDraleau

So its been a while since this has been brought up so i feel that its time to redisscuss this.
Is the Realm of Nothingness an actual part of the series universe?
Its never really been well explained or shown.
Some say that its the Realm In-Between. But in the Secret Ansem report 3 Ansem the Wise said the realm threatened to destroy his existence. So that may not work.
Though the the Ansem Report 13 says that nobodies are in-between existences, i dont think it really applies as nobodies are an incomplete idea at this point in time
Then as of Blank Points, its been assumed it may have been The Realm of Darkness.
The major proof is that Ansem said that hes been there once before.
This, however, doesnt quite add up to me. The whole reason Ansem the Wise adopts the name DiZ is because he is the Darkness in Zero (Secret Ansem Report 3.) Considering he did reaserch on the heart and darkness he should have understood the nature of the realm.
The only other proof i see of the Realm of Nothingness is the area where Riku and Sora have their final battle against Xemnas. This is the only place i can see as being a Void of nothingness. exept maybe Betwixt-and-Between, though as the name suggests its probably in the Reaml In-Between.
So. Is it real or not? or is it a scrapped/ incomplete idea like the Realm of the Present [Ansem report 12]?

The Realm of Nothingness is the exact name of the place of the Final Battle w/Xemnas. If you go to the KH wiki, it clearly states that the area with the giant ship is named the Realm of Nothingness. I don't think that we see much of it because it's such a dangerous place.

Unlike the RoD, which turns you to Darkness, the RoN actually threatens to turn you into a Empty-headed Nothingness being, where you don't know anything, or remember anything. If DiZ had been in the RoD, then there would've been no need for him to write the Ansem Reports to remain sane, he would've just turn to Darkness, not loose his mind. However, if he had been in the RoN, he would've lost his mind if he hadn't written them, so I think that there are clearly two different realms.

BTW: Betwixt-in-Between is most likely in the RoI, because it connects two RoI worlds, Twilight Town and The World That Never Was.

Gram

Banned
Awards
dude i wouldnt rely on the kh wiki for info :/ not to reliable.

Last edited:

LucasDraleau

dude i wouldn't rely on the kh wiki for info :/ not to reliable.

I know. I mean on the FF wiki, my translation of the Final Fantasy Type-0 Soundtrack List was posted as the official list and I know that I screwed up on that one.

Anyway, if you look anywhere else it does state that the Final Battle w/Xemnas takes place in the RoN. Everything else up there, besides the name of the Ship, is common knowledge to me from the game, not the wiki.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I worry that the "Realm of Nothingness" which was mentioned in the secret Ansem reports may be one of KH2's many mistralations. Just like Roxas saying "Why did he choose you" when it was originally meant to be "Why did it choose you" "it" refering to the Keyblade.

Or Braig's named being mispelled in the secret ansem reports.

"Realm of Nothingness" may have been a mistranslation of "Realm of Darkness".

The BBS secret ending seems to support that it was the Realm of Darkness that Ansem was banished to and not the Realm of Nothingness.

Then again the Secret Ansem Reports talk alot about Ansem while in his banishment, commenting that in the realm he was in he would have ceased to exist had he not continued to write. This sounds nothing like the Realm of Darkness, but does fit well for the nature of a realm of nothingness.

So I really don't know. lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

However another possibility may be that there is a realm of nothingness. In which case I suspect the Realm of nothingness is simply the empty void surrounding the KH universe.

Gram

Banned
Awards
thats my main concern as well^ the mistranslations.

if anything i think he was banished to the RoD seeing as how he commented in blank points.

LucasDraleau

thats my main concern as well^ the mistranslations. if anything i think he was banished to the RoD seeing as how he commented in blank points.

However, the Realm of Nothingness is mentioned by Nomura, himself in his Director XIII Reports when he says there are four realms to the KH Series: Light, Darkness, In-Between, and Nothingness, five now if you count the RoS, so it's probably not a translation error, like in the past.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
However, Nomura does point out in his Director XIII Reports that there are four realms to the KH Series (Light, Darkness, In-Between, and Nothingness), five now if you count the RoS.
never said other wise~ i just dont think diz was ever in the RoN.

Awards
dude i wouldnt rely on the kh wiki for info :/ not to reliable.

If you use a room mod, you can actually find out that the areas in which the final battle takes place are collectively called the World of Nothing.
"World" and "realm" are often used interchangeably in the Japanese game, so it's not apparent whether or not this is supposed to be its own realm.

However, it could just be referring to Xemnas' "new world."

I worry that the "Realm of Nothingness" which was mentioned in the secret Ansem reports may be one of KH2's many mistralations. Just like Roxas saying "Why did he choose you" when it was originally meant to be "Why did it choose you" "it" refering to the Keyblade.

Or Braig's named being mispelled in the secret ansem reports.

"Realm of Nothingness" may have been a mistranslation of "Realm of Darkness".

The BBS secret ending seems to support that it was the Realm of Darkness that Ansem was banished to and not the Realm of Nothingness.

Then again the Secret Ansem Reports talk alot about Ansem while in his banishment, commenting that in the realm he was in he would have ceased to exist had he not continued to write. This sounds nothing like the Realm of Darkness, but does fit well for the nature of a realm of nothingness.

So I really don't know. lol

I don't think it's a mistranslation, hard to confuse "darkness" and "nothing." Moreover, there's the whole "DiZ" thing, that's the meaning behind his name. He was in the midst of nothing.

I think it's debatable not if it was translated wrong, but if it should have been capitalized. That may have been DiZ's own way of referring to the RoD. It's a place filled with nothing, just not in the literal sense that we're thinking of. BbS makes it pretty clear that he was stuck in the RoD.

However, the Realm of Nothingness is mentioned by Nomura, himself in his Director XIII Reports when he says there are four realms to the KH Series: Light, Darkness, In-Between, and Nothingness, five now if you count the RoS, so it's probably not a translation error, like in the past.

No it's not.
He mentions 4 worlds in the Realm Between, not 4 realms. He only mentions three realms.

Patamon246

Awards
The place with the final battle in KH2 is Kingdom Hearts, Xemnas manipulated it to look like whatever he wanted.

KH-x-3

The place with the final battle in KH2 is Kingdom Hearts, Xemnas manipulated it to look like whatever he wanted.

The place with the swirling masses of gray and white (the place where that *beep* finally dies) is most likely the realm of nothingness. But Sora, Riku, and Xemnas also ended up there after entering the door to Kingdom Hearts like patamon says above. So this place is Kingdom Hearts, yet it could be the RoN as well, I suppose. Just a thought that I had to throw out there. Discuss it how you will.

LucasDraleau

Now that I look around his interviews, etc. I can absolutely find no evidence of the RoN, except from the game itself. I really do hope that it is either mentioned more in the future KH games, or revealed to be a mistranslation. However, I don't see why DiZ would name himself Darkness in Zero (Nothing), if he was, more of less, Darkness in Darkness.

No it's not.
He mentions 4 worlds in the Realm Between, not 4 realms. He only mentions three realms.

Sorry, guess I misread it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
If you use a room mod, you can actually find out that the areas in which the final battle takes place are collectively called the World of Nothing.
"World" and "realm" are often used interchangeably in the Japanese game, so it's not apparent whether or not this is supposed to be its own realm.

However, it could just be referring to Xemnas' "new world."
never said the wiki was wrong bout the location just saying its not reliable to use most the time.
and lol whats a room mod?

i hadnt thought of that, what if that place really was just made my Xemnas?

I think it's debatable not if it was translated wrong, but if it should have been capitalized. That may have been DiZ's own way of referring to the RoD. It's a place filled with nothing, just not in the literal sense that we're thinking of. BbS makes it pretty clear that he was stuck in the RoD.
thats what im wondering, how do we know the place Diz ended up wasnt just a big dark void? granted theres nothing there but like you he said it was the RoD.

this is becoming a "were was Diz?" thread instead of a RoN convo >XD

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Now that I look around his interviews, etc. I can absolutely find no evidence of the RoN, except from the game itself.

There's plenty of evidence of the RoN found in the games, specifically the fact that all Nobodies are born there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There's plenty of evidence of the RoN found in the games, specifically the fact that all Nobodies are born there.

Wut?
As far as I remember Nobodies are born in a world of the realm in-between, namely Twilight Town, Castle Oblivion, Mysterious Tower etc.

The only time I can really remember a "Realm of Nothingness" really mentioned was in the Secret Ansem Reports.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Wut?
As far as I remember Nobodies are born in a world of the realm in-between, namely Twilight Town, Castle Oblivion, Mysterious Tower etc.

The only time I can really remember a "Realm of Nothingness" really mentioned was in the Secret Ansem Reports.

I've always thought that the Realm of Nothingness and In-Between were essentially the same thing.

Patamon246

Awards
Thats illogical. Nomura stated they were diffrent. Besides, In-Between essentially isnt the same as Nothingness.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As far I know Nomura never stated anything about the "Realm of Nothingness" at all, it was only mentioned n the secret ansem reports.

Nomura always spoke of the Realm of Light, Realm of Darkness and the Realm in-between which lays between (no joke intended) those two main realms.

Now with DDD there's a fourth realm about to introduced, the realm of sleep.
I wonder how this one is related to the other three...hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back