• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Really? Really? Again? Super secret "Blank Points" related

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartofTwilight

So, it's all hopeful and happy and it totally gave me chills hearing everyone say "Sora," but at the end, when he's all like, "yep, I'm leaving again, you know, after spending two years searching the worlds for you two and a way home. B-bye." I wanted to Gibbs slap him. Really Sora?

Kairi has a freaking keyblade of her own now. Is he just going to off and leave Riku, too? Really? I am ridiculously excited for all this, but I am really hoping that when they play that scene in the actually next game, Sora will be like "silly Kairi, you're coming too!"

KH has made such strides in having girls play roles other than damsel in distress, and now they are going to have Kairi stay behind and wait? Gah! If that is what happens, I am going to be so annoyed!

Am I the only one who thought that kind of ruined the happy feel of it all? Thinking that he's just going to leave his hard fought for best friends behind, AGAIN? Someone convince me that I'm wrong and he either has a very good reason for up and leaving them, or that he is going to take them after all. Because I am going to spend the next few years being mad at him for this.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Riku will play a pretty big part. Otherwise he wouldn't be Riku. About Kairi, don't complain about her. Because it doesn't matter what they do with her anymore, the fanbase is so sickingly divided and blinded about her that there's no chance that they'll be able to make a "good" role for her. (good here depending on your personal opinion)

HeartofTwilight

I WILL complain about Kairi. Regardless of what the fandumb thinks about her, it doesn't make sense for Sora to leave her behind. I happen to think that Kairi has potential as a character because of her close relation to Sora. So far, they haven't done anything worth while with her. But that isn't my point. My point is that it makes Sora look like a douche.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I think she has potential too. And I seriously doubt she's gonna stay on the islands anyway. Not after that bit with Aqua. But seriously, what you're talking about right now has the potential to erupt a ginormous flamewar.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Just because Kairi used a Keyblade at the end of KH2, doesn't mean she has one of her own that she can summon.
She would probably just get in the way until she does. Though, obviously, she will play a part in the future game anyway. Perhaps, Riku could train her or something. It can go any which way, really.

HeartofTwilight

I have a +50 resistance to irrational flame wars. I honestly just hope the series doesn't make the silly choice of having Sora just leave his friends again.

And she can summon, or at least she should be able to. She held Aqua's and Nomura seems to be hinting that the keyblade is really her's.

Z

Zulkir

I WILL complain about Kairi. Regardless of what the fandumb thinks about her, it doesn't make sense for Sora to leave her behind. I happen to think that Kairi has potential as a character because of her close relation to Sora. So far, they haven't done anything worth while with her. But that isn't my point. My point is that it makes Sora look like a douche.

The scene isn't enough to really draw any conclusions right now. Sora seems to even be leaving Riku behind as well. Even if Kairi doesn't leave at the beginning, she could at a later point in the story.

Square probably wants the party to be Sora, Donald, and Goofy again. Riku and Kairi could actually form a separate party later. That would be for the best considering it'll give them time to build a stronger friendship as well, not leading fans to believe that they only reason they stay near each other is because of Sora.

I do agree though, that leaving her behind and not showing her again until the very end(literally having her sit there and do nothing the entire game) is a waste.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I have a +50 resistance to irrational flame wars. I honestly just hope the series doesn't make the silly choice of having Sora just leave his friends again.

And she can summon, or at least she should be able to. She held Aqua's and Nomura seems to be hinting that the keyblade is really her's.
A +50 means squat on khinsider.

The scene isn't enough to really draw any conclusions right now. Sora seems to even be leaving Riku behind as well. Even if Kairi doesn't leave at the beginning, she could at a later point in the story.

Square probably wants the party to be Sora, Donald, and Goofy again. Riku and Kairi could actually form a separate party later. That would be for the best considering it'll give them time to build a stronger friendship as well, not leading fans to believe that they only reason they stay near each other is because of Sora.

I do agree though, that leaving her behind and not showing her again until the very end(literally having her sit there and do nothing the entire game) is a waste.

I agree. It's probably going to be SDG. I wouldn't really want it any other way though. Or they could go the BBS route and give everyone a scenario leading up to a fourth with free choice of character.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No, a Keyblade hasn't chosen her yet. This is why, in the one time she used a Keyblade, it was one -given- to her. She has the ability to wield, yes, but she doesn't have a Keyblade of her own--yet.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
As she is now, I really don't see why Kairi would tag along. Sora assumes she'll be safe on the islands, and as long as she stays there, he won't need to worry about her until absolutely necessary. Moreover, she still hasn't been chosen by her own keyblade, as HeartSeams has reiterated for you. And even if she did have her own keyblade at this point, she'd still need some pretty intensive training to deem her anything but useless alongside Sora (and possibly Riku -- it's hard to get a clear answer from the Ending, at least from my perspective).

In the end, she's always been a character better suited for the sidelines, and that's how she's been geared from the beginning; I'm not sure why you're so scandalized that she seems to be doing the same again. Along that vein, Sora's goal was never, necessarily, to keep he and his friends together (no matter how much he might like that, and I'm sure he would), but, rather, to keep them safe. It just so happens that Kairi would be considerably safer on the islands than in the fray.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, it's all hopeful and happy and it totally gave me chills hearing everyone say "Sora," but at the end, when he's all like, "yep, I'm leaving again, you know, after spending two years searching the worlds for you two and a way home. B-bye." I wanted to Gibbs slap him. Really Sora?

He spent a few months at most looking for her. He spent almost the entire of his journey looking for Riku.

Kairi has a freaking keyblade of her own now.

No she doesn't.

Is he just going to off and leave Riku, too? Really?

We don't know that, but it'd be incredibly stupid if he is left behind, considering how big a role he'll play in mending Terra's hurt.

I am ridiculously excited for all this, but I am really hoping that when they play that scene in the actually next game, Sora will be like "silly Kairi, you're coming too!"

How about this? Kairi has matured since KH1. A lot. She's accepted that she won't really be of any help, and made peace with that. Why don't you do the same?

Am I the only one who thought that kind of ruined the happy feel of it all? Thinking that he's just going to leave his hard fought for best friends behind, AGAIN? Someone convince me that I'm wrong and he either has a very good reason for up and leaving them, or that he is going to take them after all. Because I am going to spend the next few years being mad at him for this.

Because we don't know if he will be leaving them behind? Feel free to waste your time being angry at a fictional character for the next few years :)

Oh, we must be playing two different games then, because I clearly see Riku handing Destiny's Embrace to Kairi after he summoned it. That Keyblade isn't Aqua's. It belongs to Apprentice Xehanort, whose heart Riku was harboring up until the explosion.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Oh, we must be playing two different games then, because I clearly see Riku handing Destiny's Embrace to Kairi after he summoned it. That Keyblade isn't Aqua's. It belongs to Apprentice Xehanort, whose heart Riku was harboring up until the explosion.

See, this is the one thing that gives me hope that, even if Kairi is left behind, she still might end up having a role to play later.

I mean, she's been passed on the ability to summon the Keyblade. She just hasn't gotten her own yet. So, there's no reason for her to tag along, because she wouldn't be of help... but that doesn't mean that she might not gain that ability later, and end up doing something useful after all.

Also, it's really funny to think of Destiny's Embrace being Apprentice Xehanort's Keyblade. xD It must be the Terra part of him that's responsible.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
See, this is the one thing that gives me hope that, even if Kairi is left behind, she still might end up having a role to play later.

I mean, she's been passed on the ability to summon the Keyblade. She just hasn't gotten her own yet. So, there's no reason for her to tag along, because she wouldn't be of help... but that doesn't mean that she might not gain that ability later, and end up doing something useful after all.

Same. I'm hoping that she will be involved in a later game, but a little part of me doesn't want her to receive a Keyblade. I mean, undergoing the rite doesn't guarantee you a Keyblade, and it's not like you don't need one to be useful. Plus, she's special in a different way,and I'd love to see her PoH powers developed more.

Also, it's really funny to think of Destiny's Embrace being Apprentice Xehanort's Keyblade. xD It must be the Terra part of him that's responsible.

It is! :D

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Being a PoH is useless now.

She went through the rite. Would Nomura do that for no reason? Would he confirm it in an interview if she wasn't going to wield? Regardless of your objections, it's gonna happen.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Being a PoH is useless now.

She went through the rite. Would Nomura do that for no reason? Would he confirm it in an interview if she wasn't going to wield? Regardless of your objections, it's gonna happen.

Pretty much this, so very much.

Personally, I think each of them will be needed to play a part in saving TAV. Sora and Riku have obvious connections to Terra and Ven, and perhaps Kairi's Light will be what gets Aqua and, possibly, ATW out of the Realm of Darkness.
BBS certainly seemed to treat Kairi as someone important.

Allister Rose

French Lover

Kairi has a freaking keyblade of her own now. Is he just going to off and leave Riku, too? Really? I am ridiculously excited for all this, but I am really hoping that when they play that scene in the actually next game, Sora will be like "silly Kairi, you're coming too!"

KH has made such strides in having girls play roles other than damsel in distress, and now they are going to have Kairi stay behind and wait? Gah! If that is what happens, I am going to be so annoyed!

for me, i dont think it maters what role the character has as long as they play the role well, riku obviously seems like the one to go along. kairi....i dont think she should go on any adventure yet.

i seriosuly dont know why people hate kairi being non-action...

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Honestly Kairi tagging along would be bothersome until she obtains her keyblade and therefore do some work. Until then I think we should be content in having her stay on the islands for a bit and Riku and his bad self taggin along with Sora and then splitting up with him so he can go with the king and Sora can go with donald and goofy

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Honestly Kairi tagging along would be bothersome until she obtains her keyblade and therefore do some work. Until then I think we should be content in having her stay on the islands for a bit and Riku and his bad self taggin along with Sora and then splitting up with him so he can go with the king and Sora can go with donald and goofy

Lol she obviously wont

She said it herself in KH2. Next adventure, she is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back