• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

quick question..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobutt

Silver Member
okay, when a heart is lost, a heartless and a nobody form, correct?
So would that make Sora a heartless? since he lost his heart and he made a nobody(roxas)?

did u play KH1? Or did u just black out during the scene when Kairi gave Sora Heatless a hug and returned him to normal?

Edit: DAMN YOU WAY TO DAWN 12!!!!!!!!!!! U beat me to the 1st post....

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
I think she meant something else. Yes, Sora did turn back to normal after being turned into a Heartless, but without his nobody he wasn't complete. Maybe from Roxas' perspective, he was his Heartless.

I would think that the question would be: If a person who lost his/her heart can only be reunited by combining the Heartless and Nobody that were born of them, would that technically make Sora a "Heartless"? (although not a traditional Heartless per se)

Athaydea

Bronze Member
I think she meant something else. Yes, Sora did turn back to normal after being turned into a Heartless, but without his nobody he wasn't complete. Maybe from Roxas' perspective, he was his Heartless.

I would think that the question would be: If a person who lost his/her heart can only be reunited by combining the Heartless and Nobody that were born of them, would that technically make Sora a "Heartless"? (although not a traditional Heartless per se)

no .. because his body was restored to him .. he wouldnt have had a human form if it wasnt

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
no .. because his body was restored to him .. he wouldnt have had a human form if it wasnt

Ah, but Xehanort's Heartless had a sort of human form even before he took over Riku's body, and it was proved rather bluntly Sora's Heart was stronger than his (otherwise he'd have lost), so it makes sense Sora stayed Himself through being a Heartless. More so than being a Heartless, he was a being of nothing but Heart as Xehanort's Heartless described himself in the Ansem Reports.

Stars

リク
So would that make Sora a heartless? since he lost his heart and he made a nobody(roxas)?

Yeah. Sora become a heartless in KH1 when he stab the Heart Unlocker to release kairi heart. o.o?

juro

um there's a simple explanation to this, during KH2 Sora's still incomplete and partially a heartless, thus his anti-form, and I know someone may say "no that's because he used his drives too many time" but seriously does that make any sense? It's because he was part heartless, and thus the reason why when he fought Roxas in the World that Never Was, and later obtained Final Form, Anti-Form became something of that past(unless of course you used AR).... So yeah Sora was part Heartless.

Xehanorts heartless(Ansem) didn't have a body if I recall, that's why he wore that robe or whatever that was, it looked wierd. He only obtained form after taking control of Riku's body.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
um there's a simple explanation to this, during KH2 Sora's still incomplete and partially a heartless, thus his anti-form, and I know someone may say "no that's because he used his drives too many time" but seriously does that make any sense? It's because he was part heartless, and thus the reason why when he fought Roxas in the World that Never Was, and later obtained Final Form, Anti-Form became something of that past(unless of course you used AR).... So yeah Sora was part Heartless.

Xehanorts heartless(Ansem) didn't have a body if I recall, that's why he wore that robe or whatever that was, it looked wierd. He only obtained form after taking control of Riku's body.

Not really, seeing how he got Roxas back before he woke up and began KH2 on his own. Sora's whole in KH2. Using his drives too many times isn't plot, it's how the game calculates when to turn you Anti (impossible when you go into Final, btw). In the room where you get the Drive forms, however, there're five form descriptions - one for Valor, Wisdom, Master, Final, and then aside from them all - Anti. "You see yourself overcome by the powers of Darkness". Anti form is wholly the Drive system's fault, but then again look at it this way -
It's not because Sora's a Heartless he turns into Anti, it's to keep him from turning Heartless for real again. You've got a method that releases the Darkness in his Heart in a set amount of time (several Drive usages beforehand) for a set and known amount of time. Repeat the process to keep Sora's Heart from being overflown with Darkness. Also look at the mechanism - the odds to get Anti are higher in boss battles, more so against Organization members (times 4), and especially against Xemnas when you can drive (times 10 ftw).
As much as it's there to put a handicap on drives, it can also be explained easilly through plot - during those plot battles, Sora's heart is filled with even more Darkness because of the events that brought forth the battles (like say with Demyx, after he found out Riku wasn't ok from Saix and that Kairi was kidnapped, and the whole place was about to go poof). To keep him from turning into a Heartless for real again though (since now they didn't have any Princesses of Heart lying around to get him back) they took precautions to make sure they wouldn't have to. He artificially "gives in" to the Darkness, only to revert to his happy go lucky self afterwards.

As for Xehanort's Heartless not really having a "body" - that too can be rather easilly explained.
1. Sora's Heart was stronger, so he managed to retain his sense of self even without a physical body to anchor him.
2. His friends did the remembering of the form for him, so he looked the way they remembered him. Xehanort was alone.
Further basis to this is that Xehanort continued ruling over Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion for a while after turning into a Heartless, something rather difficult to do if he really would've gone deformed, so it's more likely a result of his long stay in the Darkness than anything, as opposed to Sora who turned back mere minutes after he turned into a Heartless.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Ah, but Xehanort's Heartless had a sort of human form even before he took over Riku's body, and it was proved rather bluntly Sora's Heart was stronger than his (otherwise he'd have lost), so it makes sense Sora stayed Himself through being a Heartless. More so than being a Heartless, he was a being of nothing but Heart as Xehanort's Heartless described himself in the Ansem Reports.

you confused the living hell out of me with that ? ..

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

I'll quickly answer these.

Correct, for the most part that is. There are exceptions, but there is no need to get into all that.
Sora became a heartless for a short time, but due to his strong heart, he was able to keep some sense of self. After Kairi used her heart to bring Sora's heart back from the darkness, Sora no longer existed as a heartless, he was just a Heart with a human form. It has been stated that not all of his power returned, so half of himself, his body and soul (Roxas) was still about. During the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2, Sore became whole again. That is the short sweet answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back