• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about the Underworld

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
If you recall in KH2 when you visit the underworld there was constantly these little glowing orbs floating everywhere. If you attacked them they would dissapear and drop MP balls and then reform again.

Are these glowing floating orbs the souls of the dead?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That's what it looked like.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait! So I was hitting a dead person for magic...now I feel bad :(

Well, we do what we have to in order to save the worlds. Maybe there is a chance that by allowing Sora and co. to absorb their energy, they live a more fulfilling afterlife knowing that they aren't just floating around and taking up space?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Think of it this way: they are already dead. They don't feel pain. If anything, your keyblade has given those souls some comfort because they can be of use in the afterlife.

(Lol, I just thought about it. Hades collects all of the dead souls in the universe and Kingdom Hearts has the hearts...so shouldn't Hades have some kind of info on KH? I mean, you'd think he would considering he is the Lord of the Underworld and all...He has so much potential.)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
(Lol, I just thought about it. Hades collects all of the dead souls in the universe and Kingdom Hearts has the hearts...so shouldn't Hades have some kind of info on KH? I mean, you'd think he would considering he is the Lord of the Underworld and all...He has so much potential.)

Hades had a lot of potential in the movie too...I think not meeting that potential is just part of his character.

Also...I still don't like the concept of smacking a dead body with my keyblade O___O

billyzanesucks

Souls? I always thought they were just some blue flames for decoration. That makes sense now.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Souls? I always thought they were just some blue flames for decoration. That makes sense now.

Yes, the blue orbs are just decorations. That's why Hades is called Lord of the Dead, because he likes to decorate with blue orbs. I don't know why the Lord of the Dead would have souls.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yes, the blue orbs are just decorations. That's why Hades is called Lord of the Dead, because he likes to decorate with blue orbs. I don't know why the Lord of the Dead would have souls.

You don't have to use sarcasm. Honestly, I was shocked as well that those blue orbs were souls. They didn't have to be souls, the game never directly said it as far as I can remember.

MasterSierra

I beleive so, I've been wondering the same thing for a long time, otherwise I think they could just be there so you can gain MP because you cannot use Drive.

billyzanesucks

Well, he does have a blue flaming head. And they were coming from torch-like things, so. . .

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

I think you may be confused. There are blue flames in the underworld on torches and stuff for decoration. But i'm talking about the white/yellowish floating orbs that when attacked release MP orbs and can reform after being attacked.

billyzanesucks

I think you may be confused. There are blue flames in the underworld on torches and stuff for decoration. But i'm talking about the white/yellowish floating orbs that when attacked release MP orbs and can reform after being attacked.
No, I know what you're talking about. But those orbs are generated by little torch/pole things that you can see all around the place.

EDIT: Actually, looking at it again, I don't think the orbs came from the torches. Looked a lot like it when I was playing, though.

Last edited:

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
... O.O

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (goes back to game and underworld.)

(bows at screen) I'M SORRY! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! DON'T COME HAUNT ME! T.T

lol jk jk.

I actually thought that when I first went there...

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Why the attempt?

KH 2 = game. They had to have somewhere for you to get MP from, because it's like a mob of [crappy] Heartless at every landing of the path.

They're dead, have been dead, and are going to still be dead when their bubbles burst to give you bubbles.

So jog on.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They're in hell, At least we weren't killing spirits in heaven for MP.
That actually would be fun.

I don't see what the big deal is though, it's a Disney game. I'm sure you people have done much worse than destroy orbs of soul in other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back