• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about drive forms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Final Blade

Thinking back to KH2, were Sora's drive forms a mechanism to bring out his latent power? I mean, each form gave him an incredible boost in power, and the abilties he possessed in those forms were already displayed in some shape/form by already Master level Keyblade Wielders. I believe that Sora, from when he defeated Xemnas and through his trials in the RoS, has now achieved the power of a Keyblade Master without the title, akin to Terra (but you guys probably know this already). My question is, do you guys think Sora will still utilize drive forms for gameplay purposes, or will they use something entirely different to highlight his growth?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: Question about drive forms.

Tbh I hope they ditch the drive forms, never used them outside just wanting to see what their like or leveling but to be on topic if they were brought back I could see Nomura reinventing them for kh3 in some way.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

The drive forms were one of the things I enjoyed about KH2. Not only did I find them fun (if just as mashy as the rest of the game's combat), but I also liked how they each had skills tied to them that Sora could use if he leveled the forms up a bit.

I would gladly welcome drives forms in KH3, especially if they improve the combat and find a way to make them important to Sora beyond just a brief boost of power.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Since Sora is apparently slated for another new outfit and the Drive Forms are tied to his KH2 outfit, I would rather expect that they don't return.

And to be frank, that wouldn't bother me much since Drive Forms were overpowered anyways and made the ridiculous easiness of KH 2 even easier.
Especially Final and Limit Form (from Final Mix) are vastly overpowered.

Gonzales95

Awards

d359dc072d42224ad2f30754b4dbfc80.png

I have no idea what that orange bar represents, but to me that looks like the drive gauge. Also, in the command list also shown in the 'gameplay' section of the trailer there was a question mark at the bottom. I can't read Japanese but I'm guessing the other 3 commands shown were attack, magic and items, meaning the bottom one could be either drive forms, summons or some as of yet new and unannounced feature to replace it. Who knows?

State

Awards

Honestly, I could care less if Drive Forms return or not. But to this point, all we can do is speculate as to what that bar represents. =|

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

d359dc072d42224ad2f30754b4dbfc80.png

I have no idea what that orange bar represents, but to me that looks like the drive gauge. Also, in the command list also shown in the 'gameplay' section of the trailer there was a question mark at the bottom. I can't read Japanese but I'm guessing the other 3 commands shown were attack, magic and items, meaning the bottom one could be either drive forms, summons or some as of yet new and unannounced feature to replace it. Who knows?
The battle system from the trailer was a mock battle system.

State

Awards

The battle system from the trailer was a mock battle system.

Tends to happen when companies (like SE) all just want to do is show that they're working on X game (this happened with KH3D when it was first announced; the beta and final product have a lot of differences now, specially aesthetic designs to the menu).

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Tends to happen when companies (like SE) all just want to do is show that they're working on X game (this happened with KH3D when it was first announced; the beta and final product have a lot of differences now, specially aesthetic designs to the menu).

Yeah, it's to be expected that it's merely conceptual. Which is why we can't look at the system in the trailer as the final product.

State

Awards

Yeah, it's to be expected that it's merely conceptual. Which is why we can't look at the system in the trailer as the final product.

Right, for all we know, it COULD be a bar for Drive Forms, or D-Links or even something new, like summoning Dream Eaters from the Realm of Sleep. '_'

Gonzales95

Awards

Whilst it is conceptual, I don't imagine that they'll do anything vastly different, but they might well have not decided what that bar was for (hence the question mark at the bottom of the command list). Nomura has already said that the 'core' battle system will be retained with some evolution accommodating the spin-off battle commands.

Actually, Sora's whole 'my friends are my power' has gotten me thinking that Nomura's whole 'summons will work differently' may mean that we can 'summon' the other Guardians of Light as we save them from their torment (Terra, Aqua, Ven etc). That would be a pretty cool feature!

State

Awards

Whilst it is conceptual, I don't imagine that they'll do anything vastly different, but they might well have not decided what that bar was for (hence the question mark at the bottom of the command list). Nomura has already said that the 'core' battle system will be retained with some evolution accommodating the spin-off battle commands.

Actually, Sora's whole 'my friends are my power' has gotten me thinking that Nomura's whole 'summons will work differently' may mean that we can 'summon' the other Guardians of Light as we save them from their torment (Terra, Aqua, Ven etc). That would be a pretty cool feature!

That sounds a lot like D-Link and the idea of Battle Commands does fit in, too.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Right, for all we know, it COULD be a bar for Drive Forms, or D-Links or even something new, like summoning Dream Eaters from the Realm of Sleep. '_'
That would be so cute.

That's not the finalized system though, so that bar may be utterly irrelevant. It's moot to discuss what it might be.

I'd vastly prefer playing as them but it's an option!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I didn't mind the Drive Forms much and I like the idea conceptually, the issue with them was how overpowered they were. They just have to be tweaked so that they're not as powerful and Nomura promises much better enemy AI which could mean tougher enemies that need more strategy to defeat, so even with Drive Forms it can be a challenge so long as you don't just have the ram "X" repeatedly to win. If Drive Forms were to come back I'd like to see a sort of "evolved" version.

Commander Corn

i really liked the drive forms and thought they were a great addition to the battle system imo. i'd be pretty surprised if they didn't return.

State

Awards
That would be so cute.
It's the grand finale of a great arc, so everyone has to take a part in it (even the Dream Eaters that suffered from Xehanort's influence). So it wouldn't be a stretch if you could summon Dream Eaters (or actually think of a D-Link with them).

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I actually really liked the Drive Forms but if you level all of them up Sora can use abilities from the forms even when he's in his normal state so in a story sense he probably doesn't need them anymore.

Sorakh212

Awards
If the rumor about the new clothes is true I doubt we'll be seeing the old forms return. That being said it would be cool to have newer drive forms or something like Sora getting his keyblade armor like those in BBS. I really liked the drive forms in KH2 the only annoying thing about them is when you turned into the dark/hearltess Sora because of the antiform or whatever. They all helped integrate new abilities you could use in the normal clothes and definitely helped me deal more damage on the harder difficulties. I hope to see them return in one form or another, but I honestly don't know if they will. I am intrigued to see what this new armor might look like especially if it's applied for other characters such as Riku or even Kairi or Mickey even!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back