• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Prima Games to Release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Game Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yup, I'm pretty sure we all got that dreaded e-mail this morning, I'm curious if they got a lot of cancellations seeing as if anyone wasn't just buying it for eye candy at this point, they might as well cancel it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
No, they've already committed to it. They wouldn't cancel it at this point. Plus, they've started making all those "Helpful Tip" videos to get people interested in the guide and stuff. They've been posting about it on Facebook too.

kupo1121

Awards
No, they've already committed to it. They wouldn't cancel it at this point. Plus, they've started making all those "Helpful Tip" videos to get people interested in the guide and stuff. They've been posting about it on Facebook too.

I didn't even know there were "Helpful Tip" videos so that's a nice tidbit, but still, over a month after the game's release...not looking good for Prima on the KH-front considering this is their first guide with it and it's already on rocky footing.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I didn't even know there were "Helpful Tip" videos so that's a nice tidbit, but still, over a month after the game's release...not looking good for Prima on the KH-front considering this is their first guide with it and it's already on rocky footing.

Eh. Printing problems. They happen. Blizzard was supposed to release the "Book of Tyrael" on October 1st and it got pushed back to the 29th for absolutely no reason. Prima's not the only one.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I apologize for the double post, but if I just edit my previous post, then no one will notice this.

Prima has spoken. Found this on their Facebook page.

"We've received a few inquiries about the release date for our Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix game guide. We moved the release date because we're working on a special hardcover for the fans. It'll be worth the wait!"

So, apparently the hardcover's artwork is giving them some trouble. Well, that's one of the main reasons that anyone collecting it for eye candy reasons would get one, so I'm not worried. Rather have a fantastic finished product than a rushed one that makes me feel like I wasted $22.

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, I'm also okay with the date being pushed back to look better but there has to be someone out there who ordered the game in hopes to just use for the game and now is probably sorely disappointed. Oh well, thankfully there are a ton of guides online already :)

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
They definitely did have a cover planned out, but better options came up, clearly something so much better that they had to change it.
I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but I think saying that they have a cooler cover is just a way to stall for time but also garnering more interest at the SAME time. I'll believe that it isn't this when I see it. I'm hoping it really IS true.

What was the original release date supposed to be?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Originally it was the 24th, although the dates were sporadically jumping all over the place on various websites. I think when I put in my order on Amazon it was the 21st? Anyways, doesn't really matter now, does it? xD

I do want my book though. Seems like a huge extension, but what can you do?

kupo1121

Awards
I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but I think saying that they have a cooler cover is just a way to stall for time but also garnering more interest at the SAME time. I'll believe that it isn't this when I see it. I'm hoping it really IS true.

I guess we'll find out when we receive our guides if it has the same art that it originally did on Amazon?

Originally it was the 24th, although the dates were sporadically jumping all over the place on various websites. I think when I put in my order on Amazon it was the 21st? Anyways, doesn't really matter now, does it? xD

I put my order in as well when it said the 21st :( Yesterday I kept thinking, "It should have been shipped today!"

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Considering picking this up if the hardcover ends up being really nice. I'm guessing the cover art isn't out yet?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ohh, so the new hardcover one is going to be the same thing, just hard cover? Ehhh, kind of silly they are delaying it for that. I will probably skip out on it. :x

I didn't even see Cataclysm's post! Oh, well then I don't know anymore. I hope it is something new...like the absolutely gorgeous CG art *U*

Well, the delay is apparently cuz there's ANOTHER coverart they liked better. Let's just hope it's not a publicity stunt =)

Why would it be a publicity stunt? They haven't even really advertised the guide yet. They probably will at the proper time but they wouldn't do this if they hadn't thought up something better to give the fans.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah. I'm not super fond of the 1.5 artwork (besides the Days and Re:CoM corners xD) so anything else will be perfect. Like the CG art which is absolutely gorgeous and makes the guide worth buying twice. 8D

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Well, we know what the art looks like as of before they said they were gonna change it, so we'll hafta wait and see~
But that CG is starting to sound REALLY nice right about now...TuT

Haha, 999=AGITO! (sorry, off-topic. I just noticed it :3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back