• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pixar's Brave

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: Pixar's BRAVE

I know...Pixar has high standards...really high.

I liked the original Cars btw......Cars 2 is a different story though.

Fun fact: they only made Cars 2 to fund their other projects.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

[video=youtube;EyS3weMlxLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA[/video]

I think he's singing to the virgin mary(maria) seeing how he's a catholic. then again i could be wrong xD

He is. We were saying that we didn't get that detail when we were kids. xD

I can say the hunch back of notre dame was not only dark for a disney movie but so freakin' well written. Frollo was a pretty tragic villain to be honest, despite his evil actions. I can't wait to see what Brave dishes out

This is very true. If Notre Dame had a fault, it'd most likely be the Gargoyles' Song ("A Guy Like You"). It's a decent song and all, but it's a commonplace Disney comedy song in an otherwise non-commonplace Disney film that is rather dark. Thankfully, the song does have plot purpose for setting up Quasimodo to believe he has a chance with Esmeralda when he never really did.

But again, if I had to compare Brave to any Disney film (from what we know of Brave), the best comparison would probably be The Black Cauldron.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm a Brady personally. :D

In a lot of ways, I'd say this is probably going to be the most daring thing Pixar's ever attempted thus far in their career. A darker, more mature fairy tale film, in a time when Disney said they were gonna stop with fairy tales (for now) no less.

Again, I really get a bit of a Black Cauldron vibe from Brave. And yet, at the same time, Brave also has a bit of a Miyazaki vibe to it.
O'Brady now. :D

Fairy tales should never stop. T_T They should just have more time, love and thought put into them. Hopefully 'Brave' has done all of those things. :D
I see what you're saying with that. I feel like it's 'dark' like TBC but magical like a Miyazaki film. Also, hopefully better than TBC. XD

If they can do what Hunchback did by having mature themes, but have them go over the head of the younger audience yet still make them love the movie, and allowing the older audience to take in the more mature darker tones of the movie then that would be great.
Of course if they can add darker and more mature tones to the movie that allows the younger audience to enjoy it just as much would be better.
Exactly! Everything in THOND went right over my little head, other than "oh no Esmeralda is going to die". The lust really didn't register, and I wish movies would stop being "politically correct"/dumbing themselves down because they think the content is too graphic for kids. It kind of reminds me of "All Dogs Go to Heaven"; drinking, death, violence, gambling and smoking... you know what that made? A great movie and none of it ever made me want to do any of those things. -shakes fist at movie creators-

Back on track: Brave looks like it brings a sense of of those films into the mix<3

Inorite?! :D Irish and Scots FTW~

That or Pixar remembered that kids can handle darker elements. I mean, the first film I ever saw in theater was The Hunchback of Notre Dame and it's one of my all-time favorite Disney films~[/QUOTE]

Theart

Awards

O'Brady now. :D

Actually, I looked at my family history again. It was MacBradaigh, originally. xD Still a common Irish/Scottish thing though~

Fairy tales should never stop. T_T They should just have more time, love and thought put into them. Hopefully 'Brave' has done all of those things. :D
I see what you're saying with that. I feel like it's 'dark' like TBC but magical like a Miyazaki film. Also, hopefully better than TBC. XD

Exactly~ :D

Exactly! Everything in THOND went right over my little head, other than "oh no Esmeralda is going to die". The lust really didn't register, and I wish movies would stop being "politically correct"/dumbing themselves down because they think the content is too graphic for kids. It kind of reminds me of "All Dogs Go to Heaven"; drinking, death, violence, gambling and smoking... you know what that made? A great movie and none of it ever made me want to do any of those things. -shakes fist at movie creators-

Back on track: Brave looks like it brings a sense of of those films into the mix<3

I really hope such is the case with Brave. <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

(Here's to hoping there is drinking in BRAVE, because how can you have Scottish people around and no ale?????)

Theart

Awards

(Here's to hoping there is drinking in BRAVE, because how can you have Scottish people around and no ale?????)

It'd be more inexcusable if it were set in Ireland~

One of my goals in life is to go to a REAL Irish pub.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It'd be more inexcusable if it were set in Ireland~

One of my goals in life is to go to a REAL Irish pub.

Hey, "Beer has been produced in Scotland for approximately 5,000 years" :3 Over Ireland's shorter history. They just consume more.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Actually, I looked at my family history again. It was MacBradaigh, originally. xD Still a common Irish/Scottish thing though~
Well that trumps O'Brady for sure. xD

I really hope such is the case with Brave. <3
Me too. We could do with some well rounded movies.

Couldn't have said it better Lycoris. :DDD

Pianoajd2

If I recall, one of the gags in Ratatouille was Linguini being drunk, no? I don't think it'll be an issue.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If I recall, one of the gags in Ratatouille was Linguini being drunk, no? I don't think it'll be an issue.

Haha, no it wont. Drinking has been depicted in Pixar (and Disney) films many of times. I mean, Tangled had a pub, I'm pretty sure I remember that Bob (Mr. Incredible) was drinking beer before he got his "new job" and got in shape.

And Toy Story has jokes about drinking...

Couldn't have said it better Lycoris. :DDD

:DDDDDDD

Pianoajd2

nesbitt.jpg

That's right! I remember re-watching Toy Story rather recently and I loved that part!

localorange

I love all the talk about super curly hair in this thread. :D. My hair has never gotten as big as Mérida's, but it enjoys giving me pain in the humidity by frizzing up like nobody's business, especially on the ends. But I've learned to make piece with my hair a few years ago. XDD I love it now.

I found Lord McIntosh! (voiced by Craig Ferguson)

6XtpA.jpg

I am beyond psyched for this movie. I studied abroad in London last year, toured southern England thanks to free day trips offered by my University Center, but I sadly never got the chance to visit Scotland. I didn't have the money. Trains to go up north were always really expensive, and the pound was usually worth about twice or 1.5x as much as the dollar during my visit there. I wish I split the fares with a few people and went up - or went in a two week pre-semester program that was offered.

Has anyone here seen Cars 2? I briefly debated on the idea, but decided to hunt for it online. The only reason why I want to see it is because I heard Pixar is delightfully notorious for putting in one (or two) tiny elements in their movie that will pop up in their future installments, as well as putting in things from their past movies. I wanted to go hunting for anything that looked like it would be connected to Brave. XDD

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

very true. *tardis jolts*

sorry, sexy.

anyway back on topic. when does this movie come out? summer 2012?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yes, it does Dave. I say it is a bit too long, but then again I want them to make this movie amazing so I'd give them forever if it would make it perfect~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back